Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tale of the Absolute [CYOA-RP]
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 14
(( @Dreamcrafter Oh my, this is an amazing thing. The writing reminds me of a webcomic style, but very literate and full of life, I'm loving this story so far. Can I be added to the pinglist? ))

>Brevayen: Suddenly and inexplicably be struck with an intense interest in the other Fae's staff.
(( @Dreamcrafter Oh my, this is an amazing thing. The writing reminds me of a webcomic style, but very literate and full of life, I'm loving this story so far. Can I be added to the pinglist? ))

>Brevayen: Suddenly and inexplicably be struck with an intense interest in the other Fae's staff.
163mug.png
[quote name="@SaturdayLemon" date=2015-12-07 20:58:45] ((Can I go on the pinglist?)) [/quote] ((Added!)) ((@Ellias -- I've got you too! And thank you for your kind words c: ))
@SaturdayLemon wrote on 2015-12-07:
((Can I go on the pinglist?))

((Added!))

((@Ellias -- I've got you too! And thank you for your kind words c: ))
Tale of the Absolute: A story where you get to control my clan!
@Dreamcrafter

((may I be added to the pinglist?"))

>Garam: "Who are you and what is this place?"
@Dreamcrafter

((may I be added to the pinglist?"))

9rffWp7.pngaWMT9t0.pngezXcb0S.pngfft0ISG.pngF0xe8dU.gifK2bRISJ.pngJeJCbPi.gifmake_a_wish_pink_by_shardlovespotatoes-dbuh5fp.pngfe91xe6.png
((@SkyyeofEmber: Added!))
((@SkyyeofEmber: Added!))
[quote name="cinderrain" date=2015-12-07 20:56:03] >Brevayen: Try to explain the situation in rapid-fire near-unintelligible speech. This is definitely helpful. [/quote] You are now Brevayen. You try to explain your situation, making sure to squeeze as many details in as possible, just so that they have more information to go off of. Besides, the more words you say, the more words they'll hear, and if they hear more words, they'll be able to understand more words, right? This is definitely the most helpful approach to take! Unfortunately, your Fae-ish chirping and chittering seems to be going nowhere fast. The Snapper asks you something but it comes out as gibberish; it pauses, and says it again, and this time you understand: "Please. stop." [quote name="Kassinator" date=2015-12-06 18:58:39] >Garam: explain your situation with simple words [/quote] [quote name="SkyyeofEmber" date=2015-12-08 06:54:09] >Garam: "Who are you and what is this place?" [/quote] You decide to stop being Brevayen and be Garam for a bit. Perhaps you should take another approach to talking to these strange dragons. Clearly, frantic speech isn't helping. "Who are you and what is this place," you ask, speaking slowly but confidently, projecting your voice and carefully enunciating each syllable. The Fae turns to speak to the Snapper, and appears to be asking it a question. The Snapper nods in response, and speaks. "The Fae is Pavo. I am Monoceros. We are of clan Msystika. You are in Myostotskyr Alacehenm." Their names, clan name, and location name sound just like the gibberish they were speaking earlier. [quote name="LilacsandFreedom" date=2015-12-06 20:32:24] >Garam: Don't forget the importance of body language! [/quote] You shake your head, and do your best to look confused. "I have not heard of..." You trail off, attempting to say its name, but stumble over its pronunciation. "...of this place." Monoceros takes a moment to respond. When they talk, they stumble over their speech as they search for the right words. "You are ... strange. I will tell...what I can speak...your old words. This place...between Light, Shadow, Arcane. Place where light, stars, dark meet. Our clan lives here, sees stars." [quote name="SaturdayLemon" date=2015-12-07 20:58:45] >Brevayen: Shift frill positions to "I understand nothing." Ask why the Snapper said "old." [/quote] [quote name="Istoki" date=2015-12-07 06:51:34] >Breva: "What old words?" [/quote] You are once again Brevayen. Now that you know how to talk to these dragons, you decide to borrow some of Garam's techniques to ask a few more questions. You shift your frills to an position of curiosity and wanting to learn more, but with a touch of sadness and desperation, like you know nothing and would appreciate any knowledge they have to offer... ...at least, you [i]think[/i] you're doing that. It's kind of hard to tell if your intent is coming through. You ask, carefully, why they said "old words". The Fae and the Snapper look at each other for a moment, very visibly confused. The Snapper replies: "Because...they are the words...used a long time ago..." You ask again: old words? A long time ago? "...you are not from...today...are you," Monoceros says. "We may know one...who speaks your words...better than me. If you ... come with us?" [quote name="Ellias" date=2015-12-07 23:35:34] >Brevayen: Suddenly and inexplicably be struck with an intense interest in the other Fae's staff. [/quote] Your glance falls on Pavo's staff; magic and magic-related items are always of interest to a curious Fae like yourself. It seems like the staff is likely used for channeling and amplifying magic, but it seems sturdy enough to deliver a few solid whacks on its own. It doesn't appear to have any enchantments or curses placed on it, though; it's much more like an extension of the caster's magic, like a third arm of sorts. If a non-magician picked it up; they'd be unable to use it, since it doesn't contain any magic of its own (except for the necessary enchantments to channel spells, but that's hardly useful on its own). You ask Pavo if you can use it for a second. They clutch it in fear, holding it across their chest. You remember he doesn't understand you and probably thinks you're screaming at him. Oops. Monoceros relays your message to Pavo in their gibberish words, occasionally faltering. "Pavo says no. Sorry." [b][size=4][font=consolas]>Garam: voice your concerns.[/b][/font][/size] You are once again Garam. While Brevayen's been asking about the staff, you've been thinking... They gave you an offer to follow them. Should you accept, you're going to head into a situation where the other party knows more than you do. It could be an opportunity to learn more...but it's risky. They could be setting you up for some kind of trap. And if it comes to a point where you have to fight them...they know more than you do; perhaps they can use that against you. But it seems like they're just as unsure of you as you are of them. They seem very confused by your presence, and the way you act. Maybe they don't mean any harm...? You decide to stay alert, at the very least. But you're not making a decision one way or the other just yet. [b][size=4][font=consolas][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1644610/10#16225009][color=blue]>Brevayen: Follow.[/color][/url][/font][/size][/b] --- ((OOC: Sorry for the longer wait on this one. It's finals week and I've been more stressed than usual, it's really draining my motivation.)) [size=1]Pinglist: @Cinderrain @Kassinator @Istoki @HalfheartedDoom @AcedExpresso @Gottllieb @LilacsandFreedom @FreefallFlying @Zenhugz @SaturdayLemon @Ellias @SkyyeofEmber [/size]
cinderrain wrote on 2015-12-07:
>Brevayen: Try to explain the situation in rapid-fire near-unintelligible speech. This is definitely helpful.

You are now Brevayen.

You try to explain your situation, making sure to squeeze as many details in as possible, just so that they have more information to go off of. Besides, the more words you say, the more words they'll hear, and if they hear more words, they'll be able to understand more words, right? This is definitely the most helpful approach to take!

Unfortunately, your Fae-ish chirping and chittering seems to be going nowhere fast. The Snapper asks you something but it comes out as gibberish; it pauses, and says it again, and this time you understand:

"Please. stop."
Kassinator wrote on 2015-12-06:
>Garam: explain your situation with simple words
SkyyeofEmber wrote on 2015-12-08:

You decide to stop being Brevayen and be Garam for a bit. Perhaps you should take another approach to talking to these strange dragons. Clearly, frantic speech isn't helping.

"Who are you and what is this place," you ask, speaking slowly but confidently, projecting your voice and carefully enunciating each syllable.

The Fae turns to speak to the Snapper, and appears to be asking it a question. The Snapper nods in response, and speaks. "The Fae is Pavo. I am Monoceros. We are of clan Msystika. You are in Myostotskyr Alacehenm." Their names, clan name, and location name sound just like the gibberish they were speaking earlier.
LilacsandFreedom wrote on 2015-12-06:
>Garam: Don't forget the importance of body language!

You shake your head, and do your best to look confused. "I have not heard of..." You trail off, attempting to say its name, but stumble over its pronunciation. "...of this place."

Monoceros takes a moment to respond. When they talk, they stumble over their speech as they search for the right words. "You are ... strange. I will tell...what I can speak...your old words. This place...between Light, Shadow, Arcane. Place where light, stars, dark meet. Our clan lives here, sees stars."
SaturdayLemon wrote on 2015-12-07:
>Brevayen: Shift frill positions to "I understand nothing." Ask why the Snapper said "old."
Istoki wrote on 2015-12-07:
>Breva: "What old words?"

You are once again Brevayen. Now that you know how to talk to these dragons, you decide to borrow some of Garam's techniques to ask a few more questions. You shift your frills to an position of curiosity and wanting to learn more, but with a touch of sadness and desperation, like you know nothing and would appreciate any knowledge they have to offer...

...at least, you think you're doing that. It's kind of hard to tell if your intent is coming through. You ask, carefully, why they said "old words".

The Fae and the Snapper look at each other for a moment, very visibly confused. The Snapper replies: "Because...they are the words...used a long time ago..."

You ask again: old words? A long time ago?

"...you are not from...today...are you," Monoceros says. "We may know one...who speaks your words...better than me. If you ... come with us?"
Ellias wrote on 2015-12-07:

Your glance falls on Pavo's staff; magic and magic-related items are always of interest to a curious Fae like yourself. It seems like the staff is likely used for channeling and amplifying magic, but it seems sturdy enough to deliver a few solid whacks on its own. It doesn't appear to have any enchantments or curses placed on it, though; it's much more like an extension of the caster's magic, like a third arm of sorts. If a non-magician picked it up; they'd be unable to use it, since it doesn't contain any magic of its own (except for the necessary enchantments to channel spells, but that's hardly useful on its own).

You ask Pavo if you can use it for a second. They clutch it in fear, holding it across their chest. You remember he doesn't understand you and probably thinks you're screaming at him. Oops.

Monoceros relays your message to Pavo in their gibberish words, occasionally faltering.

"Pavo says no. Sorry."

>Garam: voice your concerns.

You are once again Garam. While Brevayen's been asking about the staff, you've been thinking...

They gave you an offer to follow them. Should you accept, you're going to head into a situation where the other party knows more than you do. It could be an opportunity to learn more...but it's risky. They could be setting you up for some kind of trap. And if it comes to a point where you have to fight them...they know more than you do; perhaps they can use that against you.

But it seems like they're just as unsure of you as you are of them. They seem very confused by your presence, and the way you act. Maybe they don't mean any harm...?

You decide to stay alert, at the very least. But you're not making a decision one way or the other just yet.

>Brevayen: Follow.

---

((OOC: Sorry for the longer wait on this one. It's finals week and I've been more stressed than usual, it's really draining my motivation.))

Pinglist: @Cinderrain @Kassinator @Istoki @HalfheartedDoom @AcedExpresso @Gottllieb @LilacsandFreedom @FreefallFlying @Zenhugz @SaturdayLemon @Ellias @SkyyeofEmber
@Dreamcrafter

((don't worry about it. i get the stress of finals week. im right there with you - many of us probably are - and it's worth the wait x3))

>Garam make the decision to follow.. But be cautious
>Brevayen keep trying to be perky to lift the mood even though being denied access to the staff was saddening.
@Dreamcrafter

((don't worry about it. i get the stress of finals week. im right there with you - many of us probably are - and it's worth the wait x3))

>Brevayen keep trying to be perky to lift the mood even though being denied access to the staff was saddening.
@dreamcrafter

> Brevayen: Well, they said they might know someone who speaks your language... go with.

> Garam: He'll need a rear guard, going into unknown territory like that. Hopefully, you're up to the task.
@dreamcrafter

> Brevayen: Well, they said they might know someone who speaks your language... go with.

> Garam: He'll need a rear guard, going into unknown territory like that. Hopefully, you're up to the task.
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
@dreamcrafter (Good luck with finals!)

> Brevayen: Keep eyeing that staff.
@dreamcrafter (Good luck with finals!)

adopt-sig.pngxxxrva7IHk.pngxxxroad-not-taken-button-90px.pngxxx4XpFW61.png
[quote name="SaturdayLemon" date=2015-12-13 08:07:57] > Brevayen: Well, they said they might know someone who speaks your language... go with. > Garam: He'll need a rear guard, going into unknown territory like that. Hopefully, you're up to the task. [/quote] [quote name="HalfheartedDoom" date=2015-12-13 07:25:19] >Garam make the decision to follow.. But be cautious [/quote] You are now Garam. Breyaven has gone ahead already, and is following Pavo and Monoceros down the path. You consider your options. Finding someone you can talk to would help you a lot. If you stay here, you're basically stuck until something else comes along. And the way things are going...you might not be able to find something else. And if worst comes to worst, you're fairly sure you can hold your own against a Fae and an old Snapper. Maybe you'll be back where you started, in an unknown wilderness; but that's where you'd be if you didn't go with them, too. And hey, if you do die, at least you'll have died fighting. Suppressing your suspicions, you decide to follow Brevayen, watching the rear of the party. As you walk, you try to reassure yourself that this is the right decision; you repeat your logic to yourself, hoping that if you repeat it enough you'll convince yourself. [quote name="cinderrain" date=2015-12-13 17:01:01] > Brevayen: Keep eyeing that staff. [/quote] [quote name="HalfheartedDoom" date=2015-12-13 07:25:19] >Brevayen keep trying to be perky to lift the mood even though being denied access to the staff was saddening. [/quote] You are now Brevayen. Even though you didn't get it this time, you'll keep trying. One day, you may reach that staff. It's within your grasp already, and you're sticking close to Pavo to make sure it stays in range. (Well, also to find someone you can talk with, but that's a side benefit.) Sooner or later, you'll have your chance--maybe he just didn't understand you this time, and when you meet your translator, you can say what you really mean. Or, maybe, you can earn Pavo's trust, and then they'll let you use their staff; or maybe his clan has another you can use... Or maybe you're just too obsessed with magical items in general. [b][font=consolas][size=4]>Brevayen: Keep following.[/size][/font][/b] You travel wordlessly for a while, fluttering behind Pavo and Monoceros. The path winds and weaves, snaking deep into the forest, through ever-denser patches of trees; it feels very disorienting and maze-like. The sky above darkens, though it's difficult to make out through the branches and glowing plantlife. The path split at several clearings. You asked what was down the other paths, but they didn't answer. (Maybe they couldn't, maybe they just didn't want to? Who knows.) Along the way, there were more statues similar to the one you passed by; they each activated as you passed, their eyes flashing red, then fading back to white. Pavo and Monoceros ignored them every time. The two mumble to each other every now and then, but you can't quite pick out what they're saying. They don't say a word to you. It makes sense, considering the difficulties in translation, they're hardly going to carry a casual conversation with you. They probably won't speak unless spoken to. The Snapper informs you, through halting speech, that you're getting close to their clan grounds. You take a moment to consider your options. This is probably the last chance you'll have to turn back, if that's what you want to do. Then again, you've already come this far, so maybe you should keep going. Or maybe there's a different option you could take? [b][font=consolas][size=4][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1644610/10#16414471][color=blue]>Garam: Hesitate.[/color][/url][/size][/font][/b] -- ((Seems like I lost most of my readership to finals week. :P Sorry for the delays. Also sorry that this is a less substantial update, I mostly just want to offer the chance to double-back one last time, but, you don't have to take it.)) [size=1]Pinglist: @Cinderrain @Kassinator @Istoki @HalfheartedDoom @AcedExpresso @Gottllieb @LilacsandFreedom @FreefallFlying @Zenhugz @SaturdayLemon @Ellias @SkyyeofEmber[/size]
SaturdayLemon wrote on 2015-12-13:
HalfheartedDoom wrote on 2015-12-13:

You are now Garam. Breyaven has gone ahead already, and is following Pavo and Monoceros down the path.

You consider your options. Finding someone you can talk to would help you a lot. If you stay here, you're basically stuck until something else comes along. And the way things are going...you might not be able to find something else. And if worst comes to worst, you're fairly sure you can hold your own against a Fae and an old Snapper. Maybe you'll be back where you started, in an unknown wilderness; but that's where you'd be if you didn't go with them, too.

And hey, if you do die, at least you'll have died fighting.

Suppressing your suspicions, you decide to follow Brevayen, watching the rear of the party. As you walk, you try to reassure yourself that this is the right decision; you repeat your logic to yourself, hoping that if you repeat it enough you'll convince yourself.
cinderrain wrote on 2015-12-13:
HalfheartedDoom wrote on 2015-12-13:

You are now Brevayen.

Even though you didn't get it this time, you'll keep trying. One day, you may reach that staff. It's within your grasp already, and you're sticking close to Pavo to make sure it stays in range. (Well, also to find someone you can talk with, but that's a side benefit.) Sooner or later, you'll have your chance--maybe he just didn't understand you this time, and when you meet your translator, you can say what you really mean. Or, maybe, you can earn Pavo's trust, and then they'll let you use their staff; or maybe his clan has another you can use...

Or maybe you're just too obsessed with magical items in general.

>Brevayen: Keep following.

You travel wordlessly for a while, fluttering behind Pavo and Monoceros. The path winds and weaves, snaking deep into the forest, through ever-denser patches of trees; it feels very disorienting and maze-like. The sky above darkens, though it's difficult to make out through the branches and glowing plantlife. The path split at several clearings. You asked what was down the other paths, but they didn't answer. (Maybe they couldn't, maybe they just didn't want to? Who knows.) Along the way, there were more statues similar to the one you passed by; they each activated as you passed, their eyes flashing red, then fading back to white. Pavo and Monoceros ignored them every time.

The two mumble to each other every now and then, but you can't quite pick out what they're saying. They don't say a word to you. It makes sense, considering the difficulties in translation, they're hardly going to carry a casual conversation with you. They probably won't speak unless spoken to.

The Snapper informs you, through halting speech, that you're getting close to their clan grounds.

You take a moment to consider your options. This is probably the last chance you'll have to turn back, if that's what you want to do. Then again, you've already come this far, so maybe you should keep going. Or maybe there's a different option you could take?

>Garam: Hesitate.

--

((Seems like I lost most of my readership to finals week. :P Sorry for the delays. Also sorry that this is a less substantial update, I mostly just want to offer the chance to double-back one last time, but, you don't have to take it.))

Pinglist: @Cinderrain @Kassinator @Istoki @HalfheartedDoom @AcedExpresso @Gottllieb @LilacsandFreedom @FreefallFlying @Zenhugz @SaturdayLemon @Ellias @SkyyeofEmber
@Dreamcrafter

> Garam: Sigh loudly but follow the Snapper anyways

((AHAHAHAHAHAH YOU NOTE CORRECTLY. But finals are done, so i'm at least back in business))
@Dreamcrafter

> Garam: Sigh loudly but follow the Snapper anyways

((AHAHAHAHAHAH YOU NOTE CORRECTLY. But finals are done, so i'm at least back in business))
Dom-Shop-Link.png?rlkey=ts1tscej29cs0kt4g6wt9c37d&dl=0.png 1428_150px_istoki_by_miirshroom-dbzlzj5.png Lore-Thread-Link.png?rlkey=clnaiehtq32jzyvwmgq07ek0n&dl=0.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 14