Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tale of the Absolute [CYOA-RP]
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
((@Zenhugz

Nope! I just forgot. I have a bunch of food stashed. Thank you for the offer, though!))
((@Zenhugz

Nope! I just forgot. I have a bunch of food stashed. Thank you for the offer, though!))
Tale of the Absolute: A story where you get to control my clan!
((We all gotta support writers pixel dragons! Or something :D))
((We all gotta support writers pixel dragons! Or something :D))
Bk78Myp.png Z3T662y.png FF
((Added an [open] tag. Not quite sure why but I hope it'll tell people browsing the RP forums that, well, they're welcome to come in.

Might take off the open tag when I start writing an update/I finish taking commands.))
((Added an [open] tag. Not quite sure why but I hope it'll tell people browsing the RP forums that, well, they're welcome to come in.

Might take off the open tag when I start writing an update/I finish taking commands.))
@Dreamcrafter

>Brevayen: Where there is food there is happiness. Follow the Translator for some grub(s)!

>Garam: Follow along, every hunter needs a good meal. Maybe slip the hunting tribe into conversation if applicable
@Dreamcrafter

>Brevayen: Where there is food there is happiness. Follow the Translator for some grub(s)!

>Garam: Follow along, every hunter needs a good meal. Maybe slip the hunting tribe into conversation if applicable
[quote name="Istoki" date=2016-02-07 13:09:39] >Brevayen: You need food! Ponder the translator's offer. [/quote] [quote name="SaturdayLemon" date=2016-02-07 13:18:30] >Brevayen: They appear to be legitimate. Stay long enough to have some dinner. And not have to punch things that come out at night. [/quote] You are now [b]Brevayen[/b]. You're awfully hungry, and the thought of a fresh-caught and prepared meal is filling your head. Granted, you're not really a picky eater or anything, and you could scrounge up some bugs easily, but... you wouldn't really know which ones were poisonous. (Of course, if dragons were so easily felled by insect venom, they would have gone extinct long ago.) But the other threat, and arguably the more dangerous one, is the threat of what [i]else[/i] may lie in the forest, dangerous beasts of sharp claws and shadowy forms, threats unseen in the dark of night... if you go out there, you'd want Garam by your side, at least. Maybe a few more, if even the clan is afraid of it. You ask Garam about it. Truth be told, you're hardly waiting for an answer; your mind is fixated on eating as soon as possible. She says that there's a tasty meal walking away right now, and it has glasses and speaks their language. ...oh. You decide to go ahead and ignore that. You don't eat meat. Or dragons. Or dragon meat. And you don't see yourself changing that any time in the near future. The far future, maybe; stranger things have happened, but, well...it's not really something you plan for as much as something that just sort of happens and then whoops! Someone's getting eaten. That's probably how it would play out, anyway. [quote name="Istoki" date=2016-02-07 13:09:39] >Garam: You need food! Ponder nibbling the translator. [/quote] You are now [b]Garam[/b], who has just delivered a Sick Burn. Wow, that was some wicked snark right there. Truly remarkable. You feel quite proud of yourself for it, almost a little smug. Granted, you had a voice help you out with that one, but you still feel smug because that voice is in [i]your[/i] head. Your witty remark was so remarkable, in fact, that you've added a stat counter exclusively for tracking it. [size=4][font=consolas][b][Sick Burns acquired: 1][/b][/font][/size] You immediately abandon this foolishness to actually think about whether to accept their invitation. You've put off the decision long enough. If you take too long to think, it seems the question may choose its own answer -- if it gets too late, the clan will most likely shut its doors, leaving you out here alone. You have, at least, some idea of what dragons can do...and what they are...and where their weak points might be. Of course, those are all subject to change, as dragons are a powerful race, and when magic and science and technology come into play, just about anything can happen. On the other hand, you know very little, possibly even less, about the wilderness you find yourself in. And while your hunter's instincts can tell you the sheer basics of survival, you're still on your own in unfamiliar territory without a guide; and the more dangerous beasts out there can use magic, and then everything is up in the air again. There's so much you don't know, it's infuriating. You curse yourself for not knowing how to deal with all this. [quote name="Kassinator" date=2016-02-10 09:14:25] >Brevayen: Where there is food there is happiness. Follow the Translator for some grub(s)! [/quote] You are once again [b]Brevayen[/b]. You want to tell Garam that you're going in, but she seems to be frozen in place. Poor her; maybe she's immobilized by hunger, oh no! Better get [s]yourself[/s] her something to eat! You rush in after the Translator, asking for a few beetles and centipedes. "Oh, I have so many questions to ask--after we get you a nice meal, of course!" They say. They fly away, and when you blink, you catch their tail slipping between the shadows, to where you can't see. The last thing you hear from them is some kind of order. [quote name="Karika" date=2016-02-07 14:57:58] >Garam: It sounds very dangerous here, perhaps you should consider if it would be safer to move on rather than linger. [/quote] [quote name="SaturdayLemon" date=2016-02-07 13:18:30] >Garam: Silently judge the night. You have four eyes. Judge it and find it wanting. [/quote] You are once again [b]Garam[/b], and resume your train of thought. There is one thing that sticks out in your mind, of your memories of today's events. Brevayen doesn't want to be alone out here. You heard someone tell him earlier that he should be afraid, very afraid, of being in the forest alone. What was that voice's name? It had a name, you know that much. A mystic power like that...even they are afraid of the wilds, perhaps. But you don't know for sure... Really, you know just as little about both sides. You're gonna go with the one that's at least offering dinner. Maybe you'll learn something useful? It's not like the creatures of the forest are going to sit down and talk with you, right? Yeah, you're not so afraid of a few dragons and silly shadow magic. If it comes to a fight, in the forest or with clan dragons, you'll take it. Yeah, that's the spirit! You cheer yourself on a bit. So that's the plan. You're gonna head in. Stay with their clan for a little while. But you're gonna study them, and come up with an escape route. Just in case. Always just in case. Always better to know how to escape, if it should come to that. Like that voice said, it's best not to linger here. But before you go in, you should explain to Brevayen the decision that you're making, and why you came to that conclusion. Wait, he's not here. Brevayen? [i]Brevayen[/i]? Oh. oh...... there he goes.................................................................... [quote name="Kassinator" date=2016-02-10 09:14:25] >Garam: Follow along, every hunter needs a good meal. [/quote] Well, seems he wandered in while you were considering the tactical implications of each choice. So much for carefully thinking things through, huh? Not that critical thought is a vice, or anything. But it seems like that silly Fae just doesn't listen. You sigh, pondering the circumstances that put you in this mess, and follow Brevayen into the lair of clan "Msystika". [size=4][font=consolas][b][color=blue]==>[/color][/b][/font][/size] The two of you cautiously step into the 'courtyard' of the lair, unsure of what to expect. Ancient trees loom above as the day darkens, a deep purple sky broken by black and twisted branches. Moonlight filters through the trees, casting odd slivers of light on the area, mixed with the soft glow of the flora. The plants around here seem to be glowing brighter now. You can vaguely hear the whisperings and idle chatter of the clan reaching the end of a day; if you listen closely, you can hear Monoceros's voice rumble, though you can't tell what they're saying. It's quiet, but not too quiet. And although it's entirely foreign, it almost feels a bit comfortable. The Translator appears out of nowhere with a bag slung around their shoulder, plates and cutlery clinking inside. "I got meals, specially cooked just for you! I was thinking maybe we could eat in my space, and we could talk about my research and getting you situated here while we ate." You say sure, why not, let's check it out. Better to eat with someone you can talk with, right? Garam keeps her guard up, though. The Translator guides you to a spot underneath a particular tree's roots, concealing a tunnel dug out of the earth. It spirals downwards a little bit, wrapping around a few times in circles, before finally terminating in a room directly below the tree. The Translator's room is full of bookshelves, though a good deal of the shelves are empty, books and scrolls strewn all over the floor and on desks. "Sorry, let me clear some of this clutter out of the way," they say, picking up books and putting down dishes. They set down a delicious* plate of juicy grubs and centipedes for Brevayen, with some ants for garnish, and hand Brevayen some cutlery. (Delicious is, of course...subjective.) They place a thick slab of meat for Garam, partially seared, with some small scraps on the side. "Why don't I get any cutlery?" Garam asks. "How would you use it?" "Uhm..." [size=4][font=consolas][b][color=blue]==>[/color][/b][/font][/size] The two of you chow down quickly, gobbling up the food. Once the Translator sees that you're both good and full, they start to speak. "Let me be the first to say: on behalf of everyone here, welcome to the Eclipse clan, and to the Flickerlight Woods in general. I know you're new here, so feel free to ask anything you want. Let me be your guide and exposition fairy. I know I said we'd be discussing research, but take as long as you want! I only have a few questions for you..." [size=4][font=consolas][b] >_[/b][/font][/size] -- [size=1]Pinglist: @Cinderrain @Kassinator @Istoki @HalfheartedDoom @AcedExpresso @Gottllieb @LilacsandFreedom @FreefallFlying @Zenhugz @SaturdayLemon @Ellias @SkyyeofEmber @Karika [/size]
Istoki wrote on 2016-02-07:
>Brevayen: You need food! Ponder the translator's offer.
SaturdayLemon wrote on 2016-02-07:
>Brevayen: They appear to be legitimate. Stay long enough to have some dinner. And not have to punch things that come out at night.

You are now Brevayen. You're awfully hungry, and the thought of a fresh-caught and prepared meal is filling your head. Granted, you're not really a picky eater or anything, and you could scrounge up some bugs easily, but... you wouldn't really know which ones were poisonous. (Of course, if dragons were so easily felled by insect venom, they would have gone extinct long ago.) But the other threat, and arguably the more dangerous one, is the threat of what else may lie in the forest, dangerous beasts of sharp claws and shadowy forms, threats unseen in the dark of night... if you go out there, you'd want Garam by your side, at least. Maybe a few more, if even the clan is afraid of it.

You ask Garam about it. Truth be told, you're hardly waiting for an answer; your mind is fixated on eating as soon as possible.

She says that there's a tasty meal walking away right now, and it has glasses and speaks their language.

...oh.

You decide to go ahead and ignore that. You don't eat meat. Or dragons. Or dragon meat. And you don't see yourself changing that any time in the near future. The far future, maybe; stranger things have happened, but, well...it's not really something you plan for as much as something that just sort of happens and then whoops! Someone's getting eaten.

That's probably how it would play out, anyway.
Istoki wrote on 2016-02-07:
>Garam: You need food! Ponder nibbling the translator.

You are now Garam, who has just delivered a Sick Burn. Wow, that was some wicked snark right there. Truly remarkable. You feel quite proud of yourself for it, almost a little smug. Granted, you had a voice help you out with that one, but you still feel smug because that voice is in your head. Your witty remark was so remarkable, in fact, that you've added a stat counter exclusively for tracking it. [Sick Burns acquired: 1]

You immediately abandon this foolishness to actually think about whether to accept their invitation. You've put off the decision long enough. If you take too long to think, it seems the question may choose its own answer -- if it gets too late, the clan will most likely shut its doors, leaving you out here alone.

You have, at least, some idea of what dragons can do...and what they are...and where their weak points might be. Of course, those are all subject to change, as dragons are a powerful race, and when magic and science and technology come into play, just about anything can happen.

On the other hand, you know very little, possibly even less, about the wilderness you find yourself in. And while your hunter's instincts can tell you the sheer basics of survival, you're still on your own in unfamiliar territory without a guide; and the more dangerous beasts out there can use magic, and then everything is up in the air again.

There's so much you don't know, it's infuriating. You curse yourself for not knowing how to deal with all this.
Kassinator wrote on 2016-02-10:

You are once again Brevayen. You want to tell Garam that you're going in, but she seems to be frozen in place. Poor her; maybe she's immobilized by hunger, oh no! Better get yourself her something to eat!

You rush in after the Translator, asking for a few beetles and centipedes. "Oh, I have so many questions to ask--after we get you a nice meal, of course!" They say. They fly away, and when you blink, you catch their tail slipping between the shadows, to where you can't see. The last thing you hear from them is some kind of order.
Karika wrote on 2016-02-07:
>Garam: It sounds very dangerous here, perhaps you should consider if it would be safer to move on rather than linger.
SaturdayLemon wrote on 2016-02-07:
>Garam: Silently judge the night. You have four eyes. Judge it and find it wanting.

You are once again Garam, and resume your train of thought.

There is one thing that sticks out in your mind, of your memories of today's events. Brevayen doesn't want to be alone out here. You heard someone tell him earlier that he should be afraid, very afraid, of being in the forest alone. What was that voice's name? It had a name, you know that much. A mystic power like that...even they are afraid of the wilds, perhaps. But you don't know for sure...

Really, you know just as little about both sides. You're gonna go with the one that's at least offering dinner. Maybe you'll learn something useful? It's not like the creatures of the forest are going to sit down and talk with you, right?

Yeah, you're not so afraid of a few dragons and silly shadow magic. If it comes to a fight, in the forest or with clan dragons, you'll take it. Yeah, that's the spirit! You cheer yourself on a bit.

So that's the plan. You're gonna head in. Stay with their clan for a little while. But you're gonna study them, and come up with an escape route. Just in case. Always just in case. Always better to know how to escape, if it should come to that. Like that voice said, it's best not to linger here.

But before you go in, you should explain to Brevayen the decision that you're making, and why you came to that conclusion.

Wait, he's not here.

Brevayen?

Brevayen?

Oh.

oh......

there he goes....................................................................
Kassinator wrote on 2016-02-10:
>Garam: Follow along, every hunter needs a good meal.

Well, seems he wandered in while you were considering the tactical implications of each choice. So much for carefully thinking things through, huh? Not that critical thought is a vice, or anything. But it seems like that silly Fae just doesn't listen.

You sigh, pondering the circumstances that put you in this mess, and follow Brevayen into the lair of clan "Msystika".

==>

The two of you cautiously step into the 'courtyard' of the lair, unsure of what to expect. Ancient trees loom above as the day darkens, a deep purple sky broken by black and twisted branches. Moonlight filters through the trees, casting odd slivers of light on the area, mixed with the soft glow of the flora. The plants around here seem to be glowing brighter now. You can vaguely hear the whisperings and idle chatter of the clan reaching the end of a day; if you listen closely, you can hear Monoceros's voice rumble, though you can't tell what they're saying.

It's quiet, but not too quiet. And although it's entirely foreign, it almost feels a bit comfortable.

The Translator appears out of nowhere with a bag slung around their shoulder, plates and cutlery clinking inside. "I got meals, specially cooked just for you! I was thinking maybe we could eat in my space, and we could talk about my research and getting you situated here while we ate." You say sure, why not, let's check it out. Better to eat with someone you can talk with, right? Garam keeps her guard up, though.

The Translator guides you to a spot underneath a particular tree's roots, concealing a tunnel dug out of the earth. It spirals downwards a little bit, wrapping around a few times in circles, before finally terminating in a room directly below the tree.

The Translator's room is full of bookshelves, though a good deal of the shelves are empty, books and scrolls strewn all over the floor and on desks. "Sorry, let me clear some of this clutter out of the way," they say, picking up books and putting down dishes. They set down a delicious* plate of juicy grubs and centipedes for Brevayen, with some ants for garnish, and hand Brevayen some cutlery. (Delicious is, of course...subjective.) They place a thick slab of meat for Garam, partially seared, with some small scraps on the side.

"Why don't I get any cutlery?" Garam asks.

"How would you use it?"

"Uhm..."

==>

The two of you chow down quickly, gobbling up the food. Once the Translator sees that you're both good and full, they start to speak.

"Let me be the first to say: on behalf of everyone here, welcome to the Eclipse clan, and to the Flickerlight Woods in general. I know you're new here, so feel free to ask anything you want. Let me be your guide and exposition fairy. I know I said we'd be discussing research, but take as long as you want! I only have a few questions for you..."

>_

--

Pinglist: @Cinderrain @Kassinator @Istoki @HalfheartedDoom @AcedExpresso @Gottllieb @LilacsandFreedom @FreefallFlying @Zenhugz @SaturdayLemon @Ellias @SkyyeofEmber @Karika
>Brevayen: Those books look interesting. Perhaps you should flutter over for a better look.
>Brevayen: Those books look interesting. Perhaps you should flutter over for a better look.
DmRdZYl.png
>Brevayen: Questions go go go! Starting with the history of the clan,

>Garam: Ask what an exposition fairy is.
>Brevayen: Questions go go go! Starting with the history of the clan,

>Garam: Ask what an exposition fairy is.
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
(@Dreamcatcher could I join?)
(@Dreamcatcher could I join?)
@Renaiziphonts

((You are more than welcome to join! I look forward to your responses. Would you like me to add you to the pinglist?))
@Renaiziphonts

((You are more than welcome to join! I look forward to your responses. Would you like me to add you to the pinglist?))
((@Dreamcatcher yes, that would be nice, thank you!))
((@Dreamcatcher yes, that would be nice, thank you!))
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14