Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Starfall] Star Chart Studies
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
Sorry for the late replies, I usually get onto FR kinda late. I'll be sending your prizes ASAP. @Loasa Aww, that's so cute! Reminds me of this GIF on tumblr (yeah I know it's not a jellyfish, but it's still pretty) [img]http://38.media.tumblr.com/1d623f4541361085b0414a35fd18bda1/tumblr_lv3bqzPgdl1qercxjo1_r1_500.gif[/img] @Isaita I really like the lore you made. It's okay as it is, but if you draw over it you get extra prizes!
Sorry for the late replies, I usually get onto FR kinda late. I'll be sending your prizes ASAP.

@Loasa
Aww, that's so cute! Reminds me of this GIF on tumblr (yeah I know it's not a jellyfish, but it's still pretty)
tumblr_lv3bqzPgdl1qercxjo1_r1_500.gif

@Isaita
I really like the lore you made. It's okay as it is, but if you draw over it you get extra prizes!
yWTqcVr.png
@starsystems What a cute game! Pinging myself to find later, even though I have a terrible track record with festival threads...
@starsystems What a cute game! Pinging myself to find later, even though I have a terrible track record with festival threads...
@Tarere [img]http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah151/kagenokyuubi/starchart2day1_zpsuxmz5y7y.png[/img] The Riftmender When the universe was young, space was peaceful and the forces that governed existence were balanced. However, life quickly arose and the universe began to change. As new lifeforms came into being, they changed the universe’s energy, channeling it through them and manipulating it to their own benefit. This began to put strain on the balance of the universe. Energy rifts began to tear apart the fabric of existence itself. However, life was an innovative force, breathing inspiration into the mostly static elements of existence, and losing it entirely would ensure a dull, meaningless eternity of nothingness. In order to allow life to go on innovating and utilizing the underlying energies of the universe without destroying it, the universe allowed a special deity, known as the Riftmender, to be born. This deity could read the souls of all living beings she encountered. She used this power to determine the stability of their energy use. Most young life uses energy efficiently without causing much corruption or strain, even with the most creative applications. But as time passes, life becomes bogged down with memories and habits and energy use gradually becomes more straining for the universe, tearing small rifts in the fabric of existence. The Riftmender appears before those living beings whose energy use has become too destructive and leads their souls to the rifts they caused. She then uses her long, serpentine body to sew shut the rifts, cleansing the souls of all of the memories and habits that had amassed during their lives. Renewed, the souls can be reborn into the world of the living to live new lives.
@Tarere

starchart2day1_zpsuxmz5y7y.png

The Riftmender

When the universe was young, space was peaceful and the forces that governed existence were balanced. However, life quickly arose and the universe began to change. As new lifeforms came into being, they changed the universe’s energy, channeling it through them and manipulating it to their own benefit. This began to put strain on the balance of the universe. Energy rifts began to tear apart the fabric of existence itself. However, life was an innovative force, breathing inspiration into the mostly static elements of existence, and losing it entirely would ensure a dull, meaningless eternity of nothingness.

In order to allow life to go on innovating and utilizing the underlying energies of the universe without destroying it, the universe allowed a special deity, known as the Riftmender, to be born. This deity could read the souls of all living beings she encountered. She used this power to determine the stability of their energy use. Most young life uses energy efficiently without causing much corruption or strain, even with the most creative applications. But as time passes, life becomes bogged down with memories and habits and energy use gradually becomes more straining for the universe, tearing small rifts in the fabric of existence.

The Riftmender appears before those living beings whose energy use has become too destructive and leads their souls to the rifts they caused. She then uses her long, serpentine body to sew shut the rifts, cleansing the souls of all of the memories and habits that had amassed during their lives. Renewed, the souls can be reborn into the world of the living to live new lives.

gU2ykYl.png
@Sorulis [size=5] [b][u]The Navigator[/u][/b] [/size] [img]http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/ludicrouscupcake/tumblr_nuy32bJ1fu1stv40do2_500_bak.png[/img] [img]http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/ludicrouscupcake/navigator.jpg[/img] This constellation is present most clearly during the late summer and early fall to viewers in the northern hemisphere, and its predominant form is said to point North-West, guiding lost dragons eternally toward Dragonhome. Also called [b]the Great Dragon[/b] and [b]the Centaur's Bow[/b], this gigantic beacon can be seen near the horizon. It is said that her guidance has yet to fail a dragon in need, and she is featured in a number of dragon legends and heroic tales. The Navigator gains a majority of her alternate names (of which there are many) because of the larger stars in her constellation, forming her 'body' and the main frame of her 'wings.' Many different species of dragon claim her as their own, although the more impartial dragons tend to think of her as a female imperial because of the length of her tail and breadth of her wingspan. Denizens of Earth Flight particularly prefer to name her "Navigator" because of her alignment with Dragonhome, the supposed resting place of all dragons. Astronomers from other regions of Sornieth (particularly the Southern Icefields and the Tangled Wood, because of their closer relationship with Centaurs), argue that she is actually a gigantic bow and arrow wielded by a great Centaur Archer, aiming true to the World Pillar and the heart of Dragonkind. She is undoubtedly a prominent constellation for many dragons across Sornieth; young hatchlings are taught to fly by night by aligning themselves with her body, or one of the branches of her wings (each one pointing, coincidentally, along the same angle as a number of common trade routes and flight paths). Whether a seasoned navigator flying across the world, or a young guardian searching for their Charge, or a simple stargazer trying to orient themselves in the sky, The Navigator can be counted upon to steer a dragon along the right path.
@Sorulis
The Navigator
tumblr_nuy32bJ1fu1stv40do2_500_bak.png

navigator.jpg

This constellation is present most clearly during the late summer and early fall to viewers in the northern hemisphere, and its predominant form is said to point North-West, guiding lost dragons eternally toward Dragonhome. Also called the Great Dragon and the Centaur's Bow, this gigantic beacon can be seen near the horizon. It is said that her guidance has yet to fail a dragon in need, and she is featured in a number of dragon legends and heroic tales.

The Navigator gains a majority of her alternate names (of which there are many) because of the larger stars in her constellation, forming her 'body' and the main frame of her 'wings.' Many different species of dragon claim her as their own, although the more impartial dragons tend to think of her as a female imperial because of the length of her tail and breadth of her wingspan. Denizens of Earth Flight particularly prefer to name her "Navigator" because of her alignment with Dragonhome, the supposed resting place of all dragons. Astronomers from other regions of Sornieth (particularly the Southern Icefields and the Tangled Wood, because of their closer relationship with Centaurs), argue that she is actually a gigantic bow and arrow wielded by a great Centaur Archer, aiming true to the World Pillar and the heart of Dragonkind.

She is undoubtedly a prominent constellation for many dragons across Sornieth; young hatchlings are taught to fly by night by aligning themselves with her body, or one of the branches of her wings (each one pointing, coincidentally, along the same angle as a number of common trade routes and flight paths). Whether a seasoned navigator flying across the world, or a young guardian searching for their Charge, or a simple stargazer trying to orient themselves in the sky, The Navigator can be counted upon to steer a dragon along the right path.
An old, oddball Earthie. Stop by for some Dragon Bios and Clan Lore!
jIRALXN.png
She/Her, 29, Pan/Queer, USA, FR+3
@Virga [img]http://i.imgur.com/NcAiALf.png[/img] "Arcane Experiment" My paint skills aren't the best, but it's meant to resemble a cauldron and a plume of pink smoke. :'3
@Virga
NcAiALf.png

"Arcane Experiment"

My paint skills aren't the best, but it's meant to resemble a cauldron and a plume of pink smoke. :'3
HEEfBrK.png 6UvQBco.png WAOKY1a.png
@GalacticCannibal @SoulEmber @Sorulis @Tarere [center][u][b]"The Winged Snake"[/b][/u] [img]http://41.media.tumblr.com/a654b3a440019c2ce864e8648fb72aee/tumblr_nv06vvUG6E1tija7bo1_500.png[/img] [img]http://41.media.tumblr.com/988ad637b8269c395eb049633209daac/tumblr_nv06vvUG6E1tija7bo2_500.png[/img] [i]A legend comes with this constellation, one that teaches young dragons the life lesson of judgement and justice. A long time ago, there was a small population of winged snakes, as large as a Mirror and as intelligent as any other dragon race. They had no patron deities, and did not believe in the same order the dragons did. Rumors started to infest the land, telling stories about how the snakes ate eggs and poisoned water with their venom. Eventually, a large mob of dragons overtook the snakes, slaughtering many and wounding more. A young hatchling managed to get away, and having not much else to do, went to find one of the dragon’s Gods to report what had happened. Eventually, he found the Arcanist. By then, his race had been completely wiped out and the various dragon races were realizing their terrible mistake. The Arcanist asked if he wanted revenge, and he shook his head. “No sir, I wish to be made into a constellation, I wish for my story to remind all that differences mean nothing. I do not want these mistakes to happen again.” The Arcanist agreed, and the young snake ascended into the heavens to become a reminder for all.[/i][/center] (I'm really sorry about the crappy art, I had to use my mouse. No Tablet in college ;-;)
@GalacticCannibal
@SoulEmber
@Sorulis
@Tarere
"The Winged Snake"
tumblr_nv06vvUG6E1tija7bo1_500.png
tumblr_nv06vvUG6E1tija7bo2_500.png

A legend comes with this constellation, one that teaches young dragons the life lesson of judgement and justice.

A long time ago, there was a small population of winged snakes, as large as a Mirror and as intelligent as any other dragon race. They had no patron deities, and did not believe in the same order the dragons did. Rumors started to infest the land, telling stories about how the snakes ate eggs and poisoned water with their venom. Eventually, a large mob of dragons overtook the snakes, slaughtering many and wounding more. A young hatchling managed to get away, and having not much else to do, went to find one of the dragon’s Gods to report what had happened.

Eventually, he found the Arcanist. By then, his race had been completely wiped out and the various dragon races were realizing their terrible mistake. The Arcanist asked if he wanted revenge, and he shook his head.

“No sir, I wish to be made into a constellation, I wish for my story to remind all that differences mean nothing. I do not want these mistakes to happen again.”

The Arcanist agreed, and the young snake ascended into the heavens to become a reminder for all.

(I'm really sorry about the crappy art, I had to use my mouse. No Tablet in college ;-;)
My account isn't new but I honestly just started actually playing now. Please ping me or I'll never see your messages.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/e5YUY6A.png[/img] "The Phoenix" A constellation named in part because of the way the stars shift in and out of formation throughout the year. Edit: I was sleepy and forgot to ping @SoulEmber
e5YUY6A.png

"The Phoenix"
A constellation named in part because of the way the stars shift in and out of formation throughout the year.

Edit: I was sleepy and forgot to ping @SoulEmber
TuEVAjZ.pngNPeGYYg.pngLELtNFt.png
@KraalofBhaga

Simply divine! I love how the lore is attributed to navigation, which is one of the main focuses of astrology in the past (as well as today, but y'know, we have GPS and all that cool sthuff), and I especially like how there are discrepancies between the name of The Navigator across other flights.

Sending you your prizes now !
@KraalofBhaga

Simply divine! I love how the lore is attributed to navigation, which is one of the main focuses of astrology in the past (as well as today, but y'know, we have GPS and all that cool sthuff), and I especially like how there are discrepancies between the name of The Navigator across other flights.

Sending you your prizes now !
bhg_small_by_xnedra22-d8fsyoj.png
@Sorulis

Oh gosh thank you! @w@ i totally didn't expect that hehe
@Sorulis

Oh gosh thank you! @w@ i totally didn't expect that hehe
An old, oddball Earthie. Stop by for some Dragon Bios and Clan Lore!
jIRALXN.png
She/Her, 29, Pan/Queer, USA, FR+3
The Death Seeker @Tarere @GalacticCannibal @SoulEmber @Sorulis

33uqwlg.jpg

Death Seekers are known not only for their murderous habits, but also for the fact that they are blind save for the single eye in the center of their chests.

The Death Seeker constellation is seen in the center of the sky, faint but ever-present and ever-watching. It is brightest in winter and late autumn.

The Death Seeker constellation has a dark story behind it. According to legend, it is in essence the Grim Reaper or Bogeyman of the dragon world. The spirit of a powerful demon, trapped in the body of a celestial bird, blind save for a single eye facing the Earth. Legend has it that it does its dirty work at night, draining the life force of the weak, old, and injured. Its single orb monitors Sornieth constantly, watching and waiting to feed off the strength of dying dragons. Deaths by old age or mysterious circumstances are, in superstitious clans, often blamed on this mythical beast, and hatchlings are threatened with stories of dragons going to sleep one night and never opening their eyes again.

The Death Seeker is not, however, a complete antagonist. It is also a symbol of hope for those whose friends or family have passed; it is said that while the Death Seeker is the one who finishes off the doomed, it also guides their souls to whatever next life dragon clans believe in. Some dragon clans, mostly those who have a great reverence for their ancestors and the dead and believe in an afterlife, believe it is more beneficial than a terrifying bedtime story. Many dragon clans have their own opinions on the controversial legends surrounding it, be it fear, anger, gratitude, or simply disinterest. Some stories even say that, when the Death Seeker claims a life, a new, very faint star appears in the sky near the orb-like eye, slowly forming a galaxy or star cluster. Others dismiss this as crazy talk, since that many small stars would've been noticeable by now.
The Death Seeker @Tarere @GalacticCannibal @SoulEmber @Sorulis

33uqwlg.jpg

Death Seekers are known not only for their murderous habits, but also for the fact that they are blind save for the single eye in the center of their chests.

The Death Seeker constellation is seen in the center of the sky, faint but ever-present and ever-watching. It is brightest in winter and late autumn.

The Death Seeker constellation has a dark story behind it. According to legend, it is in essence the Grim Reaper or Bogeyman of the dragon world. The spirit of a powerful demon, trapped in the body of a celestial bird, blind save for a single eye facing the Earth. Legend has it that it does its dirty work at night, draining the life force of the weak, old, and injured. Its single orb monitors Sornieth constantly, watching and waiting to feed off the strength of dying dragons. Deaths by old age or mysterious circumstances are, in superstitious clans, often blamed on this mythical beast, and hatchlings are threatened with stories of dragons going to sleep one night and never opening their eyes again.

The Death Seeker is not, however, a complete antagonist. It is also a symbol of hope for those whose friends or family have passed; it is said that while the Death Seeker is the one who finishes off the doomed, it also guides their souls to whatever next life dragon clans believe in. Some dragon clans, mostly those who have a great reverence for their ancestors and the dead and believe in an afterlife, believe it is more beneficial than a terrifying bedtime story. Many dragon clans have their own opinions on the controversial legends surrounding it, be it fear, anger, gratitude, or simply disinterest. Some stories even say that, when the Death Seeker claims a life, a new, very faint star appears in the sky near the orb-like eye, slowly forming a galaxy or star cluster. Others dismiss this as crazy talk, since that many small stars would've been noticeable by now.
PXC8hgn.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19