Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Horror movies! What should I watch?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@oceaneyesofjune

oh here we go

Nightmare on Elm Street -- huge fan of these since childhood~
The Omen (all 3 of the trilogy are good imo)
The Exorcist
Blair Witch Project
Would you Rather?
The Thing
Re-animator
The Evil Dead
House of 1000 Corpses
Insidious
Devil's Pass
The Conjuring
Mama (this one is scary, sad and somewhat beautiful in it's own way)
V/H/S 1 & 2
Saw
Ringu
Ju-on
Dark Water
Noroi: The Curse (hard to get ahold of, however)
Dumplings
Mum and Dad (very, very explicit btw)
Alien/Aliens
The Shining
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Let the Right One In (not the american remake)
Rosemary's Baby
28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead (lol)
The Descent
Carrie
The Wicker Man (the original)
Drag me to Hell
Misery
The Devil's Backbone
Pan's Labyrinth (not exactly horror, but fantastically dark and wonderful)
Paranormal Activity (1, 2 & 3)
The Forth Kind (another sci-fi horror, that's really very good)
The Woman in Black

I could go on for ages, but I'll stop here for now
@oceaneyesofjune

oh here we go

Nightmare on Elm Street -- huge fan of these since childhood~
The Omen (all 3 of the trilogy are good imo)
The Exorcist
Blair Witch Project
Would you Rather?
The Thing
Re-animator
The Evil Dead
House of 1000 Corpses
Insidious
Devil's Pass
The Conjuring
V/H/S 1 & 2
Saw
Ringu
Ju-on
Dark Water
Dumplings
Alien/Aliens
The Shining
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Let the Right One In (not the american remake)
Rosemary's Baby
28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead (lol)
The Descent
Carrie
The Wicker Man (the original)
Drag me to Hell
Misery
The Devil's Backbone
Pan's Labyrinth (not exactly horror, but fantastically dark and wonderful)
Paranormal Activity (1, 2 & 3)
The Forth Kind (another sci-fi horror, that's really very good)
The Woman in Black

I could go on for ages, but I'll stop here for now
@OceanEyesofJune yeah, it is now out in cinemas.
@OceanEyesofJune yeah, it is now out in cinemas.
14ke1c9.png
20sd7y1.png 2h37k7o.png ienfvs.png 291ol80.png
One of my favorites is Pan's Labyrinth. Del Toro certainly knows what he is doing with eerie films. This one is in Spanish, but it has subtitles.

Another one was rather creepy too - called Sinister (2012). The ending was rather brutal honestly. c: Not many horror movies can actually throw me off to how I think they are gonna end, but this one may just suprise you.

It isn't exactly the scariest movie around, but you need to watch the original version of Let The Right One In. It has an amazing story and the book was by faaaar one of my favorites to this day.
One of my favorites is Pan's Labyrinth. Del Toro certainly knows what he is doing with eerie films. This one is in Spanish, but it has subtitles.

Another one was rather creepy too - called Sinister (2012). The ending was rather brutal honestly. c: Not many horror movies can actually throw me off to how I think they are gonna end, but this one may just suprise you.

It isn't exactly the scariest movie around, but you need to watch the original version of Let The Right One In. It has an amazing story and the book was by faaaar one of my favorites to this day.
@OceanEyesofJune
If you're a games fan I recommend those:
- Silent Hill (has beautiful soundtracks that are directly from the game and has a areally nice atmosphere)
- Resident Evil (the first one is actually pretty good, the other..not so much)

Other than that I'm really picky about my Horro movies, as I value stories and characters. So I don't have that much to recommend and most are rather thrillers but still really worth watching!

- Room 2048 (great story that keeps you on your seat. also Samuel Jackson)
- Identitiy (slight Noir Film feeling. the whole movie feels really surreal in a good way)
- The Ward (it might seem really predictable first, but the ending will freakin blow your mind!)
- Bloodwork (Zombie movie that actually is good and not a parody)

@OceanEyesofJune
If you're a games fan I recommend those:
- Silent Hill (has beautiful soundtracks that are directly from the game and has a areally nice atmosphere)
- Resident Evil (the first one is actually pretty good, the other..not so much)

Other than that I'm really picky about my Horro movies, as I value stories and characters. So I don't have that much to recommend and most are rather thrillers but still really worth watching!

- Room 2048 (great story that keeps you on your seat. also Samuel Jackson)
- Identitiy (slight Noir Film feeling. the whole movie feels really surreal in a good way)
- The Ward (it might seem really predictable first, but the ending will freakin blow your mind!)
- Bloodwork (Zombie movie that actually is good and not a parody)

Sorry for the delay!

@QueenVoldemort Good lord. I have seen some of them but others I haven't heard, great list! Thank you so much!

Since you're a fan of Nightmare on Elm Street are you excited that New Line is "rebooting" it again? If that's the right word. I hope they'll do a good job compared to the 2010 mess but I'm not getting my hopes up!

@Malucidity Pan's Labyrinth was amazing! I watched it a while but I'd love to see it again, I've been searching for it on Netflix but so far it hasn't been available on instant D:
Thanks for the other suggestions! I've definitely seen Sinister but I haven't seen the original of Let the Right One In...I've heard nothing but good things about it though!

@modernIcarus I would love to play both of those series! It stinks that I don't have the right consoles and have to rely on let's plays on youtube D;

I watch all kinds of horror but I definitely prefer those with stories and characters I care about!
I have seen Room 1408...like, right when it came out because I remember the trailers got me really interested!
The others I haven't seen though! They sound great! :D

Sorry for the delay!

@QueenVoldemort Good lord. I have seen some of them but others I haven't heard, great list! Thank you so much!

Since you're a fan of Nightmare on Elm Street are you excited that New Line is "rebooting" it again? If that's the right word. I hope they'll do a good job compared to the 2010 mess but I'm not getting my hopes up!

@Malucidity Pan's Labyrinth was amazing! I watched it a while but I'd love to see it again, I've been searching for it on Netflix but so far it hasn't been available on instant D:
Thanks for the other suggestions! I've definitely seen Sinister but I haven't seen the original of Let the Right One In...I've heard nothing but good things about it though!

@modernIcarus I would love to play both of those series! It stinks that I don't have the right consoles and have to rely on let's plays on youtube D;

I watch all kinds of horror but I definitely prefer those with stories and characters I care about!
I have seen Room 1408...like, right when it came out because I remember the trailers got me really interested!
The others I haven't seen though! They sound great! :D

tumblr_n79qifkfMk1royuq2o1_500.gif
Need an Arcane nest? PM me! I always have some open~
@QueenVoldemort [quote] House of 1000 Corpses[/quote] This one was okay for me, but I felt a bit thrown by Zombie's style. [quote]Mama (this one is scary, sad and somewhat beautiful in it's own way)[/quote] Oh man have you seen the test footage for that movie? [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScndB0nu2QU]It's creepy as balls.[/url] (click at thine own risk, people.) [quote] Noroi: The Curse (hard to get ahold of, however)[/quote] Well that just makes me all the more curious :) [quote] Mum and Dad (very, very explicit btw)[/quote] The title and your warning on it both intrigue and worry me. I may have to look this one up.
@QueenVoldemort
Quote:
House of 1000 Corpses
This one was okay for me, but I felt a bit thrown by Zombie's style.
Quote:
Oh man have you seen the test footage for that movie? It's creepy as balls. (click at thine own risk, people.)
Quote:
Well that just makes me all the more curious :)
Quote:
The title and your warning on it both intrigue and worry me. I may have to look this one up.

frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
@OceanEyesofJune

[not a movie oops]

watch the weeping angels episodes of Doctor Who

I dare you
@OceanEyesofJune

[not a movie oops]

watch the weeping angels episodes of Doctor Who

I dare you
boop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7