Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Come! Sit a Spell... {open to all!}
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
@tigressRising

Syska pondered the question for a little bit, waddling along with the small dragon, "I think...", she started, "You should always follow your heart, little one. I can't say I've traveled all over, or even very far. You can smell the sea from here, though you three are awful brave to have ventured this far into the Twisted Wood." she giggled, "Just make sure that you don't drag your siblings into too much trouble in the future."

The sparkling Coatl pulled out her little box from the candy stall, "You have a remarkable gift! The Tidelord must see something special in you, but even with the gift of foresight, it is sometimes hard to see how your life will turn out! I was actually invited to come here by Matriarch Rhizanthel during one of her visits." she gently pulled the ribbon from the box and revealed a perfectly delectable little chocolate truffle.

"She was spending the night at our keep during her travels, negotiating the boundaries of her new domain.." Syska blinked, then smiled at the little Imperial, "Grown-up things, little one. No matter. Miss Rhizanthel spied me that night while I gazed at the sparkling sea, she told me that these woods looked like that all the time! She was right, of course! She invited me to come here to help her build her new family!"

The pretty female sighed wistfully as she popped the truffle into her mouth. "Of course, it was scary to leave the water. I still miss my old clan mates dearly and I send them letters every week. Sometimes I scry up my sister and we have lovely chats. But the dragons here were very friendly, even though they seemed spooky at first." She looked down at Midnight, "I soon found that this place suits me! A beautiful, glittering wood, beautiful, glittering hatchlings. My new clan sisters and brothers are as close to me as my kin."

"You're such a bright little explorer, little Midnight! The Wind Flight sounds like they'd suit you. We see so many of them come through here, explorers and adventurers. I may not have traveled much, but when I listen to their stories, I feel like I've visited every land in Sornieth. Though, I don't think stories would satisfy you."
@tigressRising

Syska pondered the question for a little bit, waddling along with the small dragon, "I think...", she started, "You should always follow your heart, little one. I can't say I've traveled all over, or even very far. You can smell the sea from here, though you three are awful brave to have ventured this far into the Twisted Wood." she giggled, "Just make sure that you don't drag your siblings into too much trouble in the future."

The sparkling Coatl pulled out her little box from the candy stall, "You have a remarkable gift! The Tidelord must see something special in you, but even with the gift of foresight, it is sometimes hard to see how your life will turn out! I was actually invited to come here by Matriarch Rhizanthel during one of her visits." she gently pulled the ribbon from the box and revealed a perfectly delectable little chocolate truffle.

"She was spending the night at our keep during her travels, negotiating the boundaries of her new domain.." Syska blinked, then smiled at the little Imperial, "Grown-up things, little one. No matter. Miss Rhizanthel spied me that night while I gazed at the sparkling sea, she told me that these woods looked like that all the time! She was right, of course! She invited me to come here to help her build her new family!"

The pretty female sighed wistfully as she popped the truffle into her mouth. "Of course, it was scary to leave the water. I still miss my old clan mates dearly and I send them letters every week. Sometimes I scry up my sister and we have lovely chats. But the dragons here were very friendly, even though they seemed spooky at first." She looked down at Midnight, "I soon found that this place suits me! A beautiful, glittering wood, beautiful, glittering hatchlings. My new clan sisters and brothers are as close to me as my kin."

"You're such a bright little explorer, little Midnight! The Wind Flight sounds like they'd suit you. We see so many of them come through here, explorers and adventurers. I may not have traveled much, but when I listen to their stories, I feel like I've visited every land in Sornieth. Though, I don't think stories would satisfy you."
[img]https://36.media.tumblr.com/21eb6922e042f34a9efdb06e94c9785e/tumblr_nt98jw5IHo1uucw6po1_400.png[/img] Sirius's wide, wide multitude of armour set pieces clacked against eachother and her silks covered her in an illusion of a starry night sky as she approached the Trading Post from the East. She was absolutely gorgeous, with a painting on her scales so intricate that it must have taken hours to get it perfect. She'd coated it with some kind of enamel, so that it wouldn't be harmed in the elements of Sornieth. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/1be2290aefbd2cc78633a3caa434701a/tumblr_nt98jw5IHo1uucw6po2_400.png[/img] A small pure white Skydancer of about 2 meters length was curled atop her head, nestled in the plumage of her deep purple regal masque and snoozing. It was the perfect spot for any dragon wishing to get a calm ride somewhere, as Sirius often kept her head held high and steady. She was making her way to a local tea-shop, where she and the Skydancer in question would talk about his future, as she did with all new adults to the clan. She strolled into the centre of the Trading Post and looked around, waking Tyr up. "Now, little one, we're here. Do you want to go look at these stalls or shops? You may find something of worth." She inhaled, sniffing the air. "Aaaah. Somebody is burning dried sakura moss. Breathe it in, child- This is the scent of our trading culture, and you will likely not come here again." Tyr follows her command groggily, and breathes in the wafting cherry smell. It woke him up and made him calm, all at the same time. "Mmm. Smells nice."
tumblr_nt98jw5IHo1uucw6po1_400.png

Sirius's wide, wide multitude of armour set pieces clacked against eachother and her silks covered her in an illusion of a starry night sky as she approached the Trading Post from the East. She was absolutely gorgeous, with a painting on her scales so intricate that it must have taken hours to get it perfect. She'd coated it with some kind of enamel, so that it wouldn't be harmed in the elements of Sornieth.

tumblr_nt98jw5IHo1uucw6po2_400.png

A small pure white Skydancer of about 2 meters length was curled atop her head, nestled in the plumage of her deep purple regal masque and snoozing. It was the perfect spot for any dragon wishing to get a calm ride somewhere, as Sirius often kept her head held high and steady. She was making her way to a local tea-shop, where she and the Skydancer in question would talk about his future, as she did with all new adults to the clan.

She strolled into the centre of the Trading Post and looked around, waking Tyr up. "Now, little one, we're here. Do you want to go look at these stalls or shops? You may find something of worth." She inhaled, sniffing the air. "Aaaah. Somebody is burning dried sakura moss. Breathe it in, child- This is the scent of our trading culture, and you will likely not come here again." Tyr follows her command groggily, and breathes in the wafting cherry smell. It woke him up and made him calm, all at the same time.
"Mmm. Smells nice."
wow 10220.pngMy writing and bio commissions are currently open! 10220.png
@Lynxai [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10681033] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/106811/10681033_350.png[/img] [/url] A large green Imperial gingerly walked through the mist and bog, carefully running through the instructions to get here Rory had given him. [i]It's actually quite easy to find,[/i] he had said. [i]I used to go there all the time with my father as a hatchling and drink the tea. I think you'd like it - ask for Tenebrae's Teas, Tisanes, Tonics & Tinctures.[/i] That is what had brought the usually reserved gardener out on this day. He did very much like tea, and the small Nocturne could usually be trusted when it came to his recommendations. Coriander stepped off to the side, as to not block other dragons with his sheer size, and looked around for a helper in his quest. He quickly took notice of a few Ridgebacks - those dragons were familiar with trading and such, weren't they? He made his way to the duo at a respectable speed. "Excuse me, ma'am," he began, low voice sounding like a soft rumble as always, "do you know of a 'Tenebrae's Teas, Tisanes, Tonics & Tinctures'?"
@Lynxai

10681033_350.png

A large green Imperial gingerly walked through the mist and bog, carefully running through the instructions to get here Rory had given him. It's actually quite easy to find, he had said. I used to go there all the time with my father as a hatchling and drink the tea. I think you'd like it - ask for Tenebrae's Teas, Tisanes, Tonics & Tinctures.

That is what had brought the usually reserved gardener out on this day. He did very much like tea, and the small Nocturne could usually be trusted when it came to his recommendations. Coriander stepped off to the side, as to not block other dragons with his sheer size, and looked around for a helper in his quest. He quickly took notice of a few Ridgebacks - those dragons were familiar with trading and such, weren't they? He made his way to the duo at a respectable speed.

"Excuse me, ma'am," he began, low voice sounding like a soft rumble as always, "do you know of a 'Tenebrae's Teas, Tisanes, Tonics & Tinctures'?"
@redfish

Sirius turned her head and listened, before smiling and nodding. "Why yes, I do. I come here every time a hatchling turns into adulthood, to introduce them to others outside of our clan. The tea-shop is the best place to do so. It's over there, just between the Arcane Spice stall and the Nature smoulder sticks. Me and Tyr are going to have a little look around for some out-of-range supplies and the like- You are welcome to join us."

Tyr had slid down Sirius' back, and was now hiding in the silk of her Ebony banner. He was extremely shy around those he didn't know and slightly frightened of the big dragons, and this Imperial was enormous to him.
@redfish

Sirius turned her head and listened, before smiling and nodding. "Why yes, I do. I come here every time a hatchling turns into adulthood, to introduce them to others outside of our clan. The tea-shop is the best place to do so. It's over there, just between the Arcane Spice stall and the Nature smoulder sticks. Me and Tyr are going to have a little look around for some out-of-range supplies and the like- You are welcome to join us."

Tyr had slid down Sirius' back, and was now hiding in the silk of her Ebony banner. He was extremely shy around those he didn't know and slightly frightened of the big dragons, and this Imperial was enormous to him.
wow 10220.pngMy writing and bio commissions are currently open! 10220.png
@Toyoll @EnvySenpai

Solaris couldn't restrain the grin on her face as she happily turned and grabbed the small amount of treasure from her pocket. Rodan certainly seemed friendly for a shopkeeper! And a map for that amount, it was cheaper than the items at her own trading post near home. Handing the coins to the other drake, she picked up the map and unfolded it, looking at the detailed drawing in wonder.

"This is just what I needed! Thank you so much Mister Rodan~" Turning to Gabrielle, she wondered if she should ask the kind duo if they would like to explore the rest of the marketplace with her. She definitely wanted to stop at the tea house before returning home and check out a few more wares. "Um, would you two mind terribly if I asked you to continue exploring with me? There's still a ton of stuff I want to see while I'm here! And we can visit the tea house, it can be on me~"
@Toyoll @EnvySenpai

Solaris couldn't restrain the grin on her face as she happily turned and grabbed the small amount of treasure from her pocket. Rodan certainly seemed friendly for a shopkeeper! And a map for that amount, it was cheaper than the items at her own trading post near home. Handing the coins to the other drake, she picked up the map and unfolded it, looking at the detailed drawing in wonder.

"This is just what I needed! Thank you so much Mister Rodan~" Turning to Gabrielle, she wondered if she should ask the kind duo if they would like to explore the rest of the marketplace with her. She definitely wanted to stop at the tea house before returning home and check out a few more wares. "Um, would you two mind terribly if I asked you to continue exploring with me? There's still a ton of stuff I want to see while I'm here! And we can visit the tea house, it can be on me~"
(( @Lynxai @redfish Hello and welcome!~ Be sure to ping me if you need any NPC! ))
(( @Lynxai @redfish Hello and welcome!~ Be sure to ping me if you need any NPC! ))
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15003984] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/150040/15003984_350.png[/img] [/url] Approaching the way-station, Luck breathed deeply the smell and warmth of damp rising from the earth. Land was sweet relief after picking his way through the Tsunami Flats – the sandy stretches [i]really[/i] didn’t accommodate a Snapper’s bulk. Luckily there had been plenty to eat; schools of Crystalline Myctophids that shone like Pearlcatcher pearls in the clear water. Luck had been torn between watching and eating them. Now that he thought about it, somehow Luck wasn’t sure Maris had meant for him to go so far when she’d asked him to track down that missing shipment. He’d cleared the Tidelord’s domain some days ago and it wasn’t like her to send him off without provisions… He’d have to apologise when he got back. She wouldn’t be too upset with him if he returned with the goods in tow. Probably. On second thought, a souvenir couldn’t hurt. Luck ambled amongst the dragons that crowded around stalls, mid-trade, and smiled fondly, reminded of home. He currently didn’t have enough coin for an opening wager, let alone a purchase, but he wasn’t worried. Something would come along. [i]((OOC: @Toyoll Hello! I love what you’ve done here with the worldbuilding and casual setup.))[/i]

15003984_350.png

Approaching the way-station, Luck breathed deeply the smell and warmth of damp rising from the earth. Land was sweet relief after picking his way through the Tsunami Flats – the sandy stretches really didn’t accommodate a Snapper’s bulk. Luckily there had been plenty to eat; schools of Crystalline Myctophids that shone like Pearlcatcher pearls in the clear water. Luck had been torn between watching and eating them.

Now that he thought about it, somehow Luck wasn’t sure Maris had meant for him to go so far when she’d asked him to track down that missing shipment. He’d cleared the Tidelord’s domain some days ago and it wasn’t like her to send him off without provisions… He’d have to apologise when he got back. She wouldn’t be too upset with him if he returned with the goods in tow. Probably.

On second thought, a souvenir couldn’t hurt. Luck ambled amongst the dragons that crowded around stalls, mid-trade, and smiled fondly, reminded of home. He currently didn’t have enough coin for an opening wager, let alone a purchase, but he wasn’t worried. Something would come along.

((OOC: @Toyoll Hello! I love what you’ve done here with the worldbuilding and casual setup.))
(( @Yalto Excellent!~ Thank you so much, I hope you have fun here! I'll leave your post for a day or so to see if anyone will engage you first and, of course, ping me if you need an NPC!~))
(( @Yalto Excellent!~ Thank you so much, I hope you have fun here! I'll leave your post for a day or so to see if anyone will engage you first and, of course, ping me if you need an NPC!~))
@Lynxai

His ears perked as the quite stunning Ridgeback spoke, finding the various stalls she referred to with flicking eyes. A small smile graced his face as he spotted the tea shop - his ear flicked as she finished, turning back to face her again, his long hair swaying. Tyr?

"I would love to join you, ma'am," he replied. "My name is Coriander. May I ask your name?" he asked, politely. The second dragon would appear as he liked.
@Lynxai

His ears perked as the quite stunning Ridgeback spoke, finding the various stalls she referred to with flicking eyes. A small smile graced his face as he spotted the tea shop - his ear flicked as she finished, turning back to face her again, his long hair swaying. Tyr?

"I would love to join you, ma'am," he replied. "My name is Coriander. May I ask your name?" he asked, politely. The second dragon would appear as he liked.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9865619] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/98657/9865619_350.png[/img] [/url] The steel-grey Spiral grinned widely. It was apparent that she had almost reached her destination. For once Nidalee chose to follow the well-trampled path, if only to prevent her from getting side-tracked too much. Getting here had taken more time than Nidalee had anticipated, even though Drifter had given her good instructions. There had been so many things that had caught her attention alongside the paths, and since the Spiral technicaly wasn't in a hurry, she may have taken a detour or two, and an unnecessary stop or perhaps ten. But now she was almost there - already close enough to hear the hustle and bustle and see some of the buildings. The Spiral adjusted her hat a bit, so it covered her face better. Nidalee kind of liked the hat; it gave her some anonymity. Maybe she should use it more often? Perhaps get some matching clothes. Only for when she's away from the Sea, though. It's just a waste of magic to spend it to keep your clothes dry, especially when it's not your native magic - and Nidalee hated the feeling of damp clothes clinging to her skin. Maybe somebody would sell some clothes at the trading post? Not that they were Nidalee's priority, though. Drifter had said that there was very good tea available at the post, and the Spiral was interested in confirming the claim. As soon as Nidalee reached the hub, she blended seamlessly into the crowd. Oh, being among so many dragons was definitely better than the lonely days spent travelling. She eyed the buildings, then the dragons. On a whim, she decided to approach a blue-and-black Snapper. @Yalto "Hello there, sir. Would you happen to know where the teahouse is situated?" she asked, peering at the Snapper from under her hat, not able to stay completely still while waiting for his answer. There weren't any Snappers in Nidalee's current clan. They didn't look particularly good swimmers, to be honest. [@Toyoll Hello! I really like the setting, and the whole idea of this RP, so I decided to hop in. ^^]

9865619_350.png

The steel-grey Spiral grinned widely. It was apparent that she had almost reached her destination. For once Nidalee chose to follow the well-trampled path, if only to prevent her from getting side-tracked too much. Getting here had taken more time than Nidalee had anticipated, even though Drifter had given her good instructions. There had been so many things that had caught her attention alongside the paths, and since the Spiral technicaly wasn't in a hurry, she may have taken a detour or two, and an unnecessary stop or perhaps ten.

But now she was almost there - already close enough to hear the hustle and bustle and see some of the buildings. The Spiral adjusted her hat a bit, so it covered her face better. Nidalee kind of liked the hat; it gave her some anonymity. Maybe she should use it more often? Perhaps get some matching clothes. Only for when she's away from the Sea, though. It's just a waste of magic to spend it to keep your clothes dry, especially when it's not your native magic - and Nidalee hated the feeling of damp clothes clinging to her skin.

Maybe somebody would sell some clothes at the trading post? Not that they were Nidalee's priority, though. Drifter had said that there was very good tea available at the post, and the Spiral was interested in confirming the claim.

As soon as Nidalee reached the hub, she blended seamlessly into the crowd. Oh, being among so many dragons was definitely better than the lonely days spent travelling. She eyed the buildings, then the dragons. On a whim, she decided to approach a blue-and-black Snapper.
@Yalto
"Hello there, sir. Would you happen to know where the teahouse is situated?" she asked, peering at the Snapper from under her hat, not able to stay completely still while waiting for his answer. There weren't any Snappers in Nidalee's current clan. They didn't look particularly good swimmers, to be honest.

[@Toyoll Hello! I really like the setting, and the whole idea of this RP, so I decided to hop in. ^^]
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17