Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Just a few more pieces... OH GOD NO!
1 2
How often does this happen to you: you're working on a puzzle, preferably a hard one, and you're almost done, you've invested 30-some minutes of your life into this, just a little bit moooore, when...

CONNECTION LOST
YOU'RE A FAILURE
WHAT'RE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?
FIGHT ME

Which foul deity is responsible for this? Is Bossdadmom punishing me for not being quick enough? Or was it one of you other hosers?

And then there was last night, when I started a hard puzzle-- one of those gaddang landscapes, which I'd never done before... at 23:20.

CAN YOU POSSIBLY GUESS WHAT HAPPENED?

How often does this happen to you? Does it never happen to you? Do you get off on being better than everyone else?

I'm going to start a support group.
How often does this happen to you: you're working on a puzzle, preferably a hard one, and you're almost done, you've invested 30-some minutes of your life into this, just a little bit moooore, when...

CONNECTION LOST
YOU'RE A FAILURE
WHAT'RE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?
FIGHT ME

Which foul deity is responsible for this? Is Bossdadmom punishing me for not being quick enough? Or was it one of you other hosers?

And then there was last night, when I started a hard puzzle-- one of those gaddang landscapes, which I'd never done before... at 23:20.

CAN YOU POSSIBLY GUESS WHAT HAPPENED?

How often does this happen to you? Does it never happen to you? Do you get off on being better than everyone else?

I'm going to start a support group.
m2utnBV.png
And on your left you'll see the only unemployed person in the entire Lightning flight.
(If you respond to me, please ping! No posting history is a drag, man.)
@Sedge

that is why I stay far away from fairground games.
@Sedge

that is why I stay far away from fairground games.
A5i3AHB.png
Usually after I commit 20 minutes to shock switch the Internet crashes...
Usually after I commit 20 minutes to shock switch the Internet crashes...
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
@Sedge The first time I managed more than 30 minutes on Shock Switch...

My computer flat out can't cope with Hard puzzles though, so I'd never have more than 10 minutes of work lost if a puzzle died on me.
@Sedge The first time I managed more than 30 minutes on Shock Switch...

My computer flat out can't cope with Hard puzzles though, so I'd never have more than 10 minutes of work lost if a puzzle died on me.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
played a puzzle on my bratty problematic kindle.
almost done with the puzzle (medium mode?)

... THE DANG THING SHUTS OFF ON ME.
yes. the whole thing shuts off and turns itself back on.
played a puzzle on my bratty problematic kindle.
almost done with the puzzle (medium mode?)

... THE DANG THING SHUTS OFF ON ME.
yes. the whole thing shuts off and turns itself back on.
T3TuubO.png
I usually don't do puzzles, but just a few days ago I was playing shock switch & had over 30 minutes into the game & a score of over 500k when I lost connection, so I know exactly how you feel @Sedge. I knew it was probably my only chance to play that day, so everything I had I lost for the full day. :X Normally I try to max out, but lately I've been too busy to play more than once or twice. :(
I usually don't do puzzles, but just a few days ago I was playing shock switch & had over 30 minutes into the game & a score of over 500k when I lost connection, so I know exactly how you feel @Sedge. I knew it was probably my only chance to play that day, so everything I had I lost for the full day. :X Normally I try to max out, but lately I've been too busy to play more than once or twice. :(
It happened to me today :'(
My puzzle was so close to complete too! I feel the mental agony you also went through of that cruel absence of the t and joy of finishing puzzles

...I think I need to join that support group of yours
It happened to me today :'(
My puzzle was so close to complete too! I feel the mental agony you also went through of that cruel absence of the t and joy of finishing puzzles

...I think I need to join that support group of yours
..Am I the only person who never got a crash on Faire?
..Am I the only person who never got a crash on Faire?
they/them || FR+9
I've never gotten a crash either. Is this just uncharacteristically good luck?
I've never gotten a crash either. Is this just uncharacteristically good luck?
1dguu_IKpr_Ds_S6_ETJ.gif

FR+1

The battery is toast on my laptop and the cord falls out easily. Roughly 15 times a day I move my laptop, or my knee, or there is a slight breeze, or someone talked too loudly, and poof, laptop is turned off.

I was barely in the coli last festival because every time I built my damn breath up the cord would fall out and I would have to start my computer all over again. *smash*
The battery is toast on my laptop and the cord falls out easily. Roughly 15 times a day I move my laptop, or my knee, or there is a slight breeze, or someone talked too loudly, and poof, laptop is turned off.

I was barely in the coli last festival because every time I built my damn breath up the cord would fall out and I would have to start my computer all over again. *smash*
OEbTfWA.pngQZBBtQI.png
1 2