Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Downtime Compensation
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Yeah, I agree with what everyone said here. The ONLY thing I might've gotten behind is if our familiars hadn't been bonded, which it seems like mine has (but then I might have a faulty memory) so...sorry, no.

What they did is so far from the bare minimum you could hardly see the bare minimum through a microscope
Yeah, I agree with what everyone said here. The ONLY thing I might've gotten behind is if our familiars hadn't been bonded, which it seems like mine has (but then I might have a faulty memory) so...sorry, no.

What they did is so far from the bare minimum you could hardly see the bare minimum through a microscope
This seems kind of unneeded. They only took the site into maintenance because someone was exploiting the system. Why should they compensate for someone messing with the system?
This seems kind of unneeded. They only took the site into maintenance because someone was exploiting the system. Why should they compensate for someone messing with the system?
sIVoBmo.png ihrGNmK.png2kEcc6D.png
Seems a little inappropriate to demand something like this :S

I could understand maybe the desire to have something like this, but it's on them to do what they want. Asking for it is just uncalled for imo.

They kept our dragons fed, and kept our streaks running. They could have just let them grow hungry. They didn't end up rolling back our transactions/items/etc, they instead are counting on user honesty.

They could of done a whole lot less, but instead they kept our dragons and nests healthy and happy.

If they -want- to send the users a little something, or add a few gathering turns one day then that would be fantastic and above and beyond anything they would need to do. But it wasn't their fault the server had to be taken down, and it isn't their "obligation" or anything of the sort to compensate users.

Everyone missed the same amount of gathers, everyone was "held back" evenly. So really no one is at a disadvantage from the downtime.
Seems a little inappropriate to demand something like this :S

I could understand maybe the desire to have something like this, but it's on them to do what they want. Asking for it is just uncalled for imo.

They kept our dragons fed, and kept our streaks running. They could have just let them grow hungry. They didn't end up rolling back our transactions/items/etc, they instead are counting on user honesty.

They could of done a whole lot less, but instead they kept our dragons and nests healthy and happy.

If they -want- to send the users a little something, or add a few gathering turns one day then that would be fantastic and above and beyond anything they would need to do. But it wasn't their fault the server had to be taken down, and it isn't their "obligation" or anything of the sort to compensate users.

Everyone missed the same amount of gathers, everyone was "held back" evenly. So really no one is at a disadvantage from the downtime.
I don't think we need any more compensation. Our dragons were fed and nests were cared for.

This is a brand new website, there are going to be bumps in the road especially when some despicable people will do everything they can to exploit even a friendly site like this. The way this emergency was handled went above what can be expected of site admins with the constant updates and the caring for dragons and nests so no one would lose progress, not too mention the hard work put in behind the scenes by four people to get the site back up AND safe again !

This website is their dream project and they're generously allowing everyone to sign up and play for free after putting in years of hard work and dedication.

I wouldn't dare demand anymore than we have been given already.
I don't think we need any more compensation. Our dragons were fed and nests were cared for.

This is a brand new website, there are going to be bumps in the road especially when some despicable people will do everything they can to exploit even a friendly site like this. The way this emergency was handled went above what can be expected of site admins with the constant updates and the caring for dragons and nests so no one would lose progress, not too mention the hard work put in behind the scenes by four people to get the site back up AND safe again !

This website is their dream project and they're generously allowing everyone to sign up and play for free after putting in years of hard work and dedication.

I wouldn't dare demand anymore than we have been given already.
Alright, I see that there are a lot of people who've already said around the same thing, but I kind of wanted to chime in on the vein of -

We're not "entitled" to anything. We were all equally unable to log in. Therefore, we're all still on the same playing field and don't deserve anything as compensation - they kept our well fed streak going, and they took care of nests to keep our eggs from dying, and given the amount of time we were down, that's pretty much all we really need.

I'd say honestly, we're not even entitled to that much, but they gave it to us anyway because they were trying to be fair given how long they had to be down and knowing how much work we put into the game.

I know, they were giving out little things after down time for a while, and I feel like maybe that's spoiled you just a little much. :/

We're not entitled to anything. If they chose to give us some other compensation that's... you know, that's extra, not something we "deserve".

It's a game. The lost day can be made up, it's really not that big of a deal.
Alright, I see that there are a lot of people who've already said around the same thing, but I kind of wanted to chime in on the vein of -

We're not "entitled" to anything. We were all equally unable to log in. Therefore, we're all still on the same playing field and don't deserve anything as compensation - they kept our well fed streak going, and they took care of nests to keep our eggs from dying, and given the amount of time we were down, that's pretty much all we really need.

I'd say honestly, we're not even entitled to that much, but they gave it to us anyway because they were trying to be fair given how long they had to be down and knowing how much work we put into the game.

I know, they were giving out little things after down time for a while, and I feel like maybe that's spoiled you just a little much. :/

We're not entitled to anything. If they chose to give us some other compensation that's... you know, that's extra, not something we "deserve".

It's a game. The lost day can be made up, it's really not that big of a deal.
[quote name="Ariamaki" date="2013-06-22 01:58:26" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=128100#128100"]Depending on your time zone and ability to get onto the game (not to mention the current server speed), the recent issues have lost you at [i]least[/i] one entire day, and possibly as much as [b]two full days[/b]. And while the developers have taken care of dragon feeding and incubating eggs during that time, that is -literally- the bare minimum that could be expected of them. That isn't compensation or even really making up for the lost time and productivity in any way, it's just keeping the downtime from directly hurting the player-base.[/quote] The difference is [b]everyone lost exactly even amount of "benefit" as everybody else[/b], EXCEPT in the following cases: [LIST] [*]You had planned to do your daily scavenging/fairgrounds lucky streak/pinkerton/etc during the time between the first server shutdown and the end of that very day (the other day doesn't count, because everyone sitewide was unable to gain those daily bonuses) [*]You had a dragon that was due to come off breeding cooldown in the time that the server was down [*]You had eggs that were due to hatch during the downtime (making your hatchlings 1-2 days younger than normal now that you can hatch them) [/LIST] We don't actually pay a subscription fee, so we're not actually OWED anything. If you have debts, I'd say (for one - don't have them) that if your lender has a deadline and you're short two days, you need to take that up with your lender. Lending isn't covered by the official game, it's an agreement between two parties, neither of which is affiliated with the FR server. The economy essentially 'froze' over the last two days. NOBODY gained an advantage from the last few days. So nothing is owed from the FR staff. Stop acting entitled, just because they've been nice in the past. They've worked their butts off day and night for the past couple days - give them a break! For all we know, they plan on taking a nice, well deserved nap and sending us presents (I expect rodents in the mail) later, and I'd be pleasantly surprised and thankful if they do, but I don't demand it because some hacker made their past couple days miserable while I was mildly inconvenienced. FR staff was not responsible for the downtime - hackers were. [b]Ask the hackers for compensation. They're the ones who owe us.[/b]
Depending on your time zone and ability to get onto the game (not to mention the current server speed), the recent issues have lost you at least one entire day, and possibly as much as two full days. And while the developers have taken care of dragon feeding and incubating eggs during that time, that is -literally- the bare minimum that could be expected of them. That isn't compensation or even really making up for the lost time and productivity in any way, it's just keeping the downtime from directly hurting the player-base.

The difference is everyone lost exactly even amount of "benefit" as everybody else, EXCEPT in the following cases:
  • You had planned to do your daily scavenging/fairgrounds lucky streak/pinkerton/etc during the time between the first server shutdown and the end of that very day
    (the other day doesn't count, because everyone sitewide was unable to gain those daily bonuses)
  • You had a dragon that was due to come off breeding cooldown in the time that the server was down
  • You had eggs that were due to hatch during the downtime (making your hatchlings 1-2 days younger than normal now that you can hatch them)

We don't actually pay a subscription fee, so we're not actually OWED anything. If you have debts, I'd say (for one - don't have them) that if your lender has a deadline and you're short two days, you need to take that up with your lender. Lending isn't covered by the official game, it's an agreement between two parties, neither of which is affiliated with the FR server.

The economy essentially 'froze' over the last two days. NOBODY gained an advantage from the last few days. So nothing is owed from the FR staff. Stop acting entitled, just because they've been nice in the past.
They've worked their butts off day and night for the past couple days - give them a break! For all we know, they plan on taking a nice, well deserved nap and sending us presents (I expect rodents in the mail) later, and I'd be pleasantly surprised and thankful if they do, but I don't demand it because some hacker made their past couple days miserable while I was mildly inconvenienced.

FR staff was not responsible for the downtime - hackers were.

Ask the hackers for compensation. They're the ones who owe us.
FRbanner_wholeA.pngFRbanner_wholeB.pngFRbanner_wholeC.png
[quote name="Mnemosyne" date="2013-06-22 02:27:32" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=128100#128167"]Nor do I, to be truthful. I mean, I understand where you're coming from, but at the same time, it sounds incredibly... not selfish, exactly, but rather rude. Especially the bit about the familiars' lost time and the idea that its somehow [i]inexcusable[/i] for the mods to have to bring the game back up to what you refer to as an 'unplayable state'. I'm going to be dead serious with you, at the risk of sounding rude and being told off. Because this seriously irritates me. What is inexcusable in this state is demanding that the mods, who are working nearly 24/7 to make this game be as awesome as possible and flow as neatly as ever, compensate you for lost items/money. No. Just. [b]No.[/b] This is so beyond not okay that it doesn't have a word to describe it. The familiars are not a big deal. So you didn't get your few coins for the day. So you didn't get a treasure chest for the day. Guess what? You can find all those things again during your Gathering turns. So you lost twenty or so Gathering turns and 50k treasure. Big deal. It's not the end of the world, nor is it what you call 'inexcusable'. Your dragons are fed. Your eggs are on their way to hatching. Your account is still alive. If you need treasure so badly, sell a dragon, or ask for more time to get the treasure from the person who needs it. Learn to stop setting your standards and expectations for this site so high. It's not even a half-month old. The fact that people are even thinking about this is ridiculous. If they're getting so worked up over these minor details, then they need to step off the internet for a while, or off the site in general. Because honestly? Not as big a deal as people are making it sound. Those are my two cents. I expect to be scolded and rebutted any minute now, so just let me get comfy and then let the hailstorm commence.[/quote] Oh please. You could've sounded a lot more rude than you did. XD If you gave this person the reality check they deserve, an I agree with you wholeheartedly. Demanding for more than the reasonable amount you've already gotten is not only rude, but also disrespectful (yes, there's a difference in my book), greedy, and I'm even willing to go as far as to say outrageous. This is a [u]free[/u] website. Frankly, the administers didn't have to do what they've already done aside from keeping the users informed about what was happening, and frankly, they're the only website I know of that has done it on an hour-by-hour basis. Whilst working nearly round the clock to fix their code and keeping up on their updates, they also decided to feed everyone's dragons and incubate everyone's eggs. I don't know what their process was for doing that, but that meant they had serval thousand eggs and even more dragons to remember to take care of. That's a lot for any number of people to keep track of on top of everything else on their plate. It's also childish to bark about how long the site was down (do you seriously think 2 days max is something to get worked up about? ) say that the website is in an "unplayable" state. So the fairground is down. Is the Coliseum down as well? What about the marketplace? Auction house? Trading post? If I remember correctly (and I haven't checked yet) the fairgrounds is the only thing that was supposed to be down when the site was brought back. You should still be able to do everything else. Yes, the site isn't 100% fixed, but you know what? Not everyone uses this site just for gaming purposes. Heck, I mostly use it to communicate with the friends I've made on here. My only real inconvenience is that I couldn't log in to my account to do that, but there's nothing the admins can do about that, so I'm not upset over it. Plus, at least now those who owe debts and whatnot can contact their partners and work something out. *deep sigh* Ok, I think that's the end of my daily tangent. Have a good day everyone! :)
Nor do I, to be truthful. I mean, I understand where you're coming from, but at the same time, it sounds incredibly... not selfish, exactly, but rather rude. Especially the bit about the familiars' lost time and the idea that its somehow inexcusable for the mods to have to bring the game back up to what you refer to as an 'unplayable state'.

I'm going to be dead serious with you, at the risk of sounding rude and being told off. Because this seriously irritates me. What is inexcusable in this state is demanding that the mods, who are working nearly 24/7 to make this game be as awesome as possible and flow as neatly as ever, compensate you for lost items/money.

No. Just. No. This is so beyond not okay that it doesn't have a word to describe it. The familiars are not a big deal. So you didn't get your few coins for the day. So you didn't get a treasure chest for the day. Guess what? You can find all those things again during your Gathering turns. So you lost twenty or so Gathering turns and 50k treasure. Big deal. It's not the end of the world, nor is it what you call 'inexcusable'. Your dragons are fed. Your eggs are on their way to hatching. Your account is still alive.

If you need treasure so badly, sell a dragon, or ask for more time to get the treasure from the person who needs it. Learn to stop setting your standards and expectations for this site so high. It's not even a half-month old. The fact that people are even thinking about this is ridiculous. If they're getting so worked up over these minor details, then they need to step off the internet for a while, or off the site in general. Because honestly? Not as big a deal as people are making it sound.

Those are my two cents. I expect to be scolded and rebutted any minute now, so just let me get comfy and then let the hailstorm commence.

Oh please. You could've sounded a lot more rude than you did. XD If you gave this person the reality check they deserve, an I agree with you wholeheartedly. Demanding for more than the reasonable amount you've already gotten is not only rude, but also disrespectful (yes, there's a difference in my book), greedy, and I'm even willing to go as far as to say outrageous.

This is a free website. Frankly, the administers didn't have to do what they've already done aside from keeping the users informed about what was happening, and frankly, they're the only website I know of that has done it on an hour-by-hour basis. Whilst working nearly round the clock to fix their code and keeping up on their updates, they also decided to feed everyone's dragons and incubate everyone's eggs. I don't know what their process was for doing that, but that meant they had serval thousand eggs and even more dragons to remember to take care of. That's a lot for any number of people to keep track of on top of everything else on their plate.

It's also childish to bark about how long the site was down (do you seriously think 2 days max is something to get worked up about? ) say that the website is in an "unplayable" state. So the fairground is down. Is the Coliseum down as well? What about the marketplace? Auction house? Trading post? If I remember correctly (and I haven't checked yet) the fairgrounds is the only thing that was supposed to be down when the site was brought back. You should still be able to do everything else. Yes, the site isn't 100% fixed, but you know what? Not everyone uses this site just for gaming purposes. Heck, I mostly use it to communicate with the friends I've made on here. My only real inconvenience is that I couldn't log in to my account to do that, but there's nothing the admins can do about that, so I'm not upset over it. Plus, at least now those who owe debts and whatnot can contact their partners and work something out.

*deep sigh* Ok, I think that's the end of my daily tangent. Have a good day everyone! :)
[center][img]http://theyuppiediaries.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/12702-first-world-problems-template.jpg?w=422[/img] Or you know..given the fact that everyone was kicked out and no one was given an unfair advantage we can just resume gameplay.[/center]
[img]http://theyuppiediaries.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/12702-first-world-problems-template.jpg?w=422[/img]

Or you know..given the fact that everyone was kicked out and no one was given an unfair advantage we can just resume gameplay.
This is extremely rude what you are asking for. Everyone lost time and everyone understand the problems that are going to be faced! I run my own little auction house and unfortunately some of my auction ended yesterday when the servers were down. And instead of myself going "Dang FR! I should get something back in return for this." I jut said, "Welp! Looks like I need to change times, and hope everyone is doing okay."

SO who gives a care about all the collecting we lost? At least no one lost their bonuses. FR Team was kind enough to make sure our dragons were okay (Although I saw my dragons drop down to 49/50 health during the time, I should go complain about that...... Nah!). And I do admit I was a little sad that my dragon's breeding cool down was done when the site was down, but I still got to do it today. As well as other things!

To answer the "What about everyone's lost Familiar care time?". Who cares! Familiars are familiars, it's not like they need food, they just need attention! (Greedy Greedy familiars) And, to let you in on a secret, some people forget to give their familiars attention some days, so familiars missing two (more like one) day is not a big deal to them.

Also the rocky start we've been having on the site is because the server is new and can't handle all the users (Probably re-stated someone here but it's the truth). Here's what I will say, Get over it and move on! Everyone lost two days and people will understand, because it happened to everyone! Everyone was upset about not getting free food though (TT-TT I wanted a free mouse..... ) but we all looked at the bright side, which you should too instead of barking at the Admins for more stuff after all they did (and still are doing!)
This is extremely rude what you are asking for. Everyone lost time and everyone understand the problems that are going to be faced! I run my own little auction house and unfortunately some of my auction ended yesterday when the servers were down. And instead of myself going "Dang FR! I should get something back in return for this." I jut said, "Welp! Looks like I need to change times, and hope everyone is doing okay."

SO who gives a care about all the collecting we lost? At least no one lost their bonuses. FR Team was kind enough to make sure our dragons were okay (Although I saw my dragons drop down to 49/50 health during the time, I should go complain about that...... Nah!). And I do admit I was a little sad that my dragon's breeding cool down was done when the site was down, but I still got to do it today. As well as other things!

To answer the "What about everyone's lost Familiar care time?". Who cares! Familiars are familiars, it's not like they need food, they just need attention! (Greedy Greedy familiars) And, to let you in on a secret, some people forget to give their familiars attention some days, so familiars missing two (more like one) day is not a big deal to them.

Also the rocky start we've been having on the site is because the server is new and can't handle all the users (Probably re-stated someone here but it's the truth). Here's what I will say, Get over it and move on! Everyone lost two days and people will understand, because it happened to everyone! Everyone was upset about not getting free food though (TT-TT I wanted a free mouse..... ) but we all looked at the bright side, which you should too instead of barking at the Admins for more stuff after all they did (and still are doing!)
Well, I pretty much agree with what everyone else has said.

I was honestly expecting the site to be down for more than a measly day (or two, depending on timezones), and I'm very grateful for all the hard work the devs have put in to fix the problem this quickly. (Ya'll are amazing, and I'm sure everyone appreciates your work and the fact that you made sure to constantly keep us updated on what was happening!)

And hey, our dragons didn't lose energy and our eggs got incubated, so I don't really see the problem. Like many others have said, the hackers were the ones that caused the hassle to begin with, and I don't see why someone would want compensation for that, much less demand it. I find it kind of... rude, I guess?

And remember, you guys: it's just a game.
Well, I pretty much agree with what everyone else has said.

I was honestly expecting the site to be down for more than a measly day (or two, depending on timezones), and I'm very grateful for all the hard work the devs have put in to fix the problem this quickly. (Ya'll are amazing, and I'm sure everyone appreciates your work and the fact that you made sure to constantly keep us updated on what was happening!)

And hey, our dragons didn't lose energy and our eggs got incubated, so I don't really see the problem. Like many others have said, the hackers were the ones that caused the hassle to begin with, and I don't see why someone would want compensation for that, much less demand it. I find it kind of... rude, I guess?

And remember, you guys: it's just a game.
nhknpyA.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11