Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Downtime Compensation
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Uh, no. Compensation for the downtime would be ridiculous.
They took care of our dragons and got the site back up and running, that's good enough.
Uh, no. Compensation for the downtime would be ridiculous.
They took care of our dragons and got the site back up and running, that's good enough.
Those constant updates, and the way they worked long hours just to fix what, let&#039;s face it, is a free online game.. that&#039;s the compensation I was all too happy to get. <3
Those constant updates, and the way they worked long hours just to fix what, let&#039;s face it, is a free online game.. that&#039;s the compensation I was all too happy to get. <3
lanisbreedingthred2_zpsce0501cd.png
I gotta be honest, I think this is a bit petty and demanding considering what just happened.
For what? Our inconvenience? A massive hole was just punched in their code since someone found an exploit, from what I understand, and they&#039;ve been working on it for the better part of a day straight to get the game back up. I&#039;m sorry, but they don&#039;t owe us jack squat.
It&#039;s a new game, it&#039;s had an overwhelming response, there will be issues. I don&#039;t know why this is shocking to some people. Oh noes, they weren&#039;t expecting to have over 1000 online members active in the first two weeks. Why didn&#039;t they anticipate this brand-new game being more popular and active than every other &#039;pet&#039; sim I know of but neopets which is over a decade old?

We lost nothing except time. Time can be made up, and we are all on near-equal footing.

They could have rolled back to remove the treasure from the game, made people loose progress, and even after someone breaking the system they are trusting us to send them our extra treasure anyway. Personally I feel that is enough, they don&#039;t need to compensate us for two measly lost days.

That said, I do see your point on treasure earned. Not that this was all about "ABOUT Treasure and the economy." No, this problem was about some butthurt hacker who doesn&#039;t understand economies that are just starting off in a game that is literally less than a month old. To say this was done because the economy has issues is just ridiculous.

But we did loose the primary source of income into the game. Yes, we can still get drops from the Coliseum but if no one is making any money... well the &#039;auction&#039; house and selling to other players is going to dry up quickly.

In the meantime the daily gold handed out could be upped, or the &#039;sell&#039; feature in the hoard could give treasure at an increased rate for a while. Maybe more would appear in those packs found in the Coliseum. I dunno, I just know very little money is going to be added into the game and that could make the treasure-based economy stagnant.
I gotta be honest, I think this is a bit petty and demanding considering what just happened.
For what? Our inconvenience? A massive hole was just punched in their code since someone found an exploit, from what I understand, and they&#039;ve been working on it for the better part of a day straight to get the game back up. I&#039;m sorry, but they don&#039;t owe us jack squat.
It&#039;s a new game, it&#039;s had an overwhelming response, there will be issues. I don&#039;t know why this is shocking to some people. Oh noes, they weren&#039;t expecting to have over 1000 online members active in the first two weeks. Why didn&#039;t they anticipate this brand-new game being more popular and active than every other &#039;pet&#039; sim I know of but neopets which is over a decade old?

We lost nothing except time. Time can be made up, and we are all on near-equal footing.

They could have rolled back to remove the treasure from the game, made people loose progress, and even after someone breaking the system they are trusting us to send them our extra treasure anyway. Personally I feel that is enough, they don&#039;t need to compensate us for two measly lost days.

That said, I do see your point on treasure earned. Not that this was all about "ABOUT Treasure and the economy." No, this problem was about some butthurt hacker who doesn&#039;t understand economies that are just starting off in a game that is literally less than a month old. To say this was done because the economy has issues is just ridiculous.

But we did loose the primary source of income into the game. Yes, we can still get drops from the Coliseum but if no one is making any money... well the &#039;auction&#039; house and selling to other players is going to dry up quickly.

In the meantime the daily gold handed out could be upped, or the &#039;sell&#039; feature in the hoard could give treasure at an increased rate for a while. Maybe more would appear in those packs found in the Coliseum. I dunno, I just know very little money is going to be added into the game and that could make the treasure-based economy stagnant.
To ask for anything more than they have already given us, in all honestly, sounds selfish. They put in hours and hours of hard work, consistant feed back, and kept our dragons fed/eggs incubated. A day and a half to two days of game play lost is not the same as a week, or two weeks. It will not hurt us terribly, if much at all.

This is a new site, crap like this is unfortunately bound to happen, but the fact of the matter is that in the end stuff like this, if handled correctly, ends up making a game better. And what more could we ask for except an awesome playing experience?
To ask for anything more than they have already given us, in all honestly, sounds selfish. They put in hours and hours of hard work, consistant feed back, and kept our dragons fed/eggs incubated. A day and a half to two days of game play lost is not the same as a week, or two weeks. It will not hurt us terribly, if much at all.

This is a new site, crap like this is unfortunately bound to happen, but the fact of the matter is that in the end stuff like this, if handled correctly, ends up making a game better. And what more could we ask for except an awesome playing experience?
1461058535957_zpsv5k1kdbu.png
Knowing what the devs have done in the past I would surprised if some form of compensation wasn&#039;t givin. I&#039;ve been given compensation for bugs and errors I haven&#039;t even been experiencing lol

I imagine everyone just wanted to go and crash in a bed somewhere, however, basically demanding that we get compensation for this is rude and unthoughtful.

They have spent hours trying to get this working for us, they made sure we didn&#039;t lose out on nest incubation or feeding, they even decided to NOT rollback the treasure which could have potentially caused a lot of problems for people who recently sold dragons.

New sites go down with bugs and errors, hell old sites go down with bugs and error and normally I&#039;ve rarely ever been given any form of thought or courtesy like I&#039;ve been given by the devs here. Stuff like this happens, it&#039;s a fact of life and we don&#039;t always get compensation when things go wrong.
Knowing what the devs have done in the past I would surprised if some form of compensation wasn&#039;t givin. I&#039;ve been given compensation for bugs and errors I haven&#039;t even been experiencing lol

I imagine everyone just wanted to go and crash in a bed somewhere, however, basically demanding that we get compensation for this is rude and unthoughtful.

They have spent hours trying to get this working for us, they made sure we didn&#039;t lose out on nest incubation or feeding, they even decided to NOT rollback the treasure which could have potentially caused a lot of problems for people who recently sold dragons.

New sites go down with bugs and errors, hell old sites go down with bugs and error and normally I&#039;ve rarely ever been given any form of thought or courtesy like I&#039;ve been given by the devs here. Stuff like this happens, it&#039;s a fact of life and we don&#039;t always get compensation when things go wrong.
Draywins_Banner_Left_zps548ebd33.pngDraywins_Banner_Middle_zpsf6d13f9e.pngDraywins_Banner_Right_zpsb7d78cf2.png
I also don&#039;t see why this is necessary. If it were a week or more I&#039;d understand why but it was only two days. Things like downtimes will happen and while I love this site I also accept that it has to be in maintenance state from time to time.

I think it&#039;s compensation enough that the FR team spent so much of their private time to get FR going again. I expected it to be down for a longer time then two days.

Compensation should be given from the ******** that hacked the site and crashed it for everybody else. They&#039;ve caused it so why should the admin team compensate for giving their best to get FR back online.
I also don&#039;t see why this is necessary. If it were a week or more I&#039;d understand why but it was only two days. Things like downtimes will happen and while I love this site I also accept that it has to be in maintenance state from time to time.

I think it&#039;s compensation enough that the FR team spent so much of their private time to get FR going again. I expected it to be down for a longer time then two days.

Compensation should be given from the ******** that hacked the site and crashed it for everybody else. They&#039;ve caused it so why should the admin team compensate for giving their best to get FR back online.
*giggles* You know... I just want to jump on in and say that this, dear Admin, is solid proof that a fair decent chunk of your player base simply adores you, and everything you do. :) If this isn&#039;t just one big love-hug to the Admin (all of the loving replies saying they don&#039;t agree with this I mean), then I don&#039;t know what is. <3
*giggles* You know... I just want to jump on in and say that this, dear Admin, is solid proof that a fair decent chunk of your player base simply adores you, and everything you do. :) If this isn&#039;t just one big love-hug to the Admin (all of the loving replies saying they don&#039;t agree with this I mean), then I don&#039;t know what is. <3
My inner Deadpool told me to...
Nor do I, to be truthful. I mean, I understand where you&#039;re coming from, but at the same time, it sounds incredibly... not selfish, exactly, but rather rude. Especially the bit about the familiars&#039; lost time and the idea that its somehow inexcusable for the mods to have to bring the game back up to what you refer to as an &#039;unplayable state&#039;.

I&#039;m going to be dead serious with you, at the risk of sounding rude and being told off. Because this seriously irritates me. What is inexcusable in this state is demanding that the mods, who are working nearly 24/7 to make this game be as awesome as possible and flow as neatly as ever, compensate you for lost items/money.

No. Just. No. This is so beyond not okay that it doesn&#039;t have a word to describe it. The familiars are not a big deal. So you didn&#039;t get your few coins for the day. So you didn&#039;t get a treasure chest for the day. Guess what? You can find all those things again during your Gathering turns. So you lost twenty or so Gathering turns and 50k treasure. Big deal. It&#039;s not the end of the world, nor is it what you call &#039;inexcusable&#039;. Your dragons are fed. Your eggs are on their way to hatching. Your account is still alive.

If you need treasure so badly, sell a dragon, or ask for more time to get the treasure from the person who needs it. Learn to stop setting your standards and expectations for this site so high. It&#039;s not even a half-month old. The fact that people are even thinking about this is ridiculous. If they&#039;re getting so worked up over these minor details, then they need to step off the internet for a while, or off the site in general. Because honestly? Not as big a deal as people are making it sound.

Those are my two cents. I expect to be scolded and rebutted any minute now, so just let me get comfy and then let the hailstorm commence.
Nor do I, to be truthful. I mean, I understand where you&#039;re coming from, but at the same time, it sounds incredibly... not selfish, exactly, but rather rude. Especially the bit about the familiars&#039; lost time and the idea that its somehow inexcusable for the mods to have to bring the game back up to what you refer to as an &#039;unplayable state&#039;.

I&#039;m going to be dead serious with you, at the risk of sounding rude and being told off. Because this seriously irritates me. What is inexcusable in this state is demanding that the mods, who are working nearly 24/7 to make this game be as awesome as possible and flow as neatly as ever, compensate you for lost items/money.

No. Just. No. This is so beyond not okay that it doesn&#039;t have a word to describe it. The familiars are not a big deal. So you didn&#039;t get your few coins for the day. So you didn&#039;t get a treasure chest for the day. Guess what? You can find all those things again during your Gathering turns. So you lost twenty or so Gathering turns and 50k treasure. Big deal. It&#039;s not the end of the world, nor is it what you call &#039;inexcusable&#039;. Your dragons are fed. Your eggs are on their way to hatching. Your account is still alive.

If you need treasure so badly, sell a dragon, or ask for more time to get the treasure from the person who needs it. Learn to stop setting your standards and expectations for this site so high. It&#039;s not even a half-month old. The fact that people are even thinking about this is ridiculous. If they&#039;re getting so worked up over these minor details, then they need to step off the internet for a while, or off the site in general. Because honestly? Not as big a deal as people are making it sound.

Those are my two cents. I expect to be scolded and rebutted any minute now, so just let me get comfy and then let the hailstorm commence.
NST2016B1_zpsx6df7wrb.png
I don&#039;t think compensation is necessary. I mean it&#039;s only two days. I think we&#039;ll live despite having not been able to play for two whole days, lol. TBH considering how new the site is, I fully expect that there will be more down time in future to address various issues. They&#039;ve never given any guarantees that the site would have 100% up time.
I don&#039;t think compensation is necessary. I mean it&#039;s only two days. I think we&#039;ll live despite having not been able to play for two whole days, lol. TBH considering how new the site is, I fully expect that there will be more down time in future to address various issues. They&#039;ve never given any guarantees that the site would have 100% up time.
[quote name="Cipher" date="2013-06-22 02:10:22" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=128100#128128"]And here I was worrying I was being too demanding by being sad to log into an inbox without a mouse. :p[/quote] Yeah, I was wondering if they'll send us that mouse from the update of the 1st day XD.
And here I was worrying I was being too demanding by being sad to log into an inbox without a mouse. :p

Yeah, I was wondering if they&#039;ll send us that mouse from the update of the 1st day XD.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11