Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Downtime Compensation
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Depending on your time zone and ability to get onto the game (not to mention the current server speed), the recent issues have lost you at least one entire day, and possibly as much as two full days. And while the developers have taken care of dragon feeding and incubating eggs during that time, that is -literally- the bare minimum that could be expected of them. That isn't compensation or even really making up for the lost time and productivity in any way, it's just keeping the downtime from directly hurting the player-base.

What about the 10-16 lost Gathering Turns every day?
What about everyone's lost Familiar care time?

I would, under other circumstances (a downtime due to IRL server issues, for example) also be questioning what was going to be done about everyone's 25,000 Treasure a day, especially since many players have outstanding debts or half-made purchases that need paid for. Given that this entire problem was ABOUT Treasure and the economy, however, I think it's reasonable not to confront that.

But the fact remains, many people were expecting to be able to get more out of these last two days, and have been totally unable to. My suggestion is that everyone be compensated, at the start of the Brightshine Jubilee, with an extra full day of Gathering Turns. Given the timing, this will give everyone a significant boost, since it will include possibly getting Festive Favor currency on top of their normal benefits.

Dealing with the loss of familiar affection-time is a thornier issue, but I think that the developers, should they choose, could think of a way to handle it.

I really think this game has the potential to be great, but given the incredibly rocky start of the past few weeks, I can't imagine some people being willing to deal with lost time like this quietly or happily. I myself am... ambivalent. I understand that server issues or exploits are inevitable, but I also think taking multiple days to fix them and then bringing the game back in an unplayable state is inexcusable.

All I ask is that there be, as there have been for every past issue or major problem, some kind of recompense.
Depending on your time zone and ability to get onto the game (not to mention the current server speed), the recent issues have lost you at least one entire day, and possibly as much as two full days. And while the developers have taken care of dragon feeding and incubating eggs during that time, that is -literally- the bare minimum that could be expected of them. That isn't compensation or even really making up for the lost time and productivity in any way, it's just keeping the downtime from directly hurting the player-base.

What about the 10-16 lost Gathering Turns every day?
What about everyone's lost Familiar care time?

I would, under other circumstances (a downtime due to IRL server issues, for example) also be questioning what was going to be done about everyone's 25,000 Treasure a day, especially since many players have outstanding debts or half-made purchases that need paid for. Given that this entire problem was ABOUT Treasure and the economy, however, I think it's reasonable not to confront that.

But the fact remains, many people were expecting to be able to get more out of these last two days, and have been totally unable to. My suggestion is that everyone be compensated, at the start of the Brightshine Jubilee, with an extra full day of Gathering Turns. Given the timing, this will give everyone a significant boost, since it will include possibly getting Festive Favor currency on top of their normal benefits.

Dealing with the loss of familiar affection-time is a thornier issue, but I think that the developers, should they choose, could think of a way to handle it.

I really think this game has the potential to be great, but given the incredibly rocky start of the past few weeks, I can't imagine some people being willing to deal with lost time like this quietly or happily. I myself am... ambivalent. I understand that server issues or exploits are inevitable, but I also think taking multiple days to fix them and then bringing the game back in an unplayable state is inexcusable.

All I ask is that there be, as there have been for every past issue or major problem, some kind of recompense.
There is a girl with a crown and a scepter...
I don't really feel like this is necessary.
I don't really feel like this is necessary.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
I would agree to making up that one lost day of gathering turns, but other than that I don't really see it as something they NEED to do, just something that'd be nice but not really NEEDED. I feel the same as you but not as strongly
I would agree to making up that one lost day of gathering turns, but other than that I don't really see it as something they NEED to do, just something that'd be nice but not really NEEDED. I feel the same as you but not as strongly
d6c295af-8820-48d6-98c6-6a81fcbda795_zpsae490e94.jpg
I was under the impression the players on the site were just grateful the site's not permanently downed, our compensation was dragon care, and their being so willing to be straight with us and keep us on top of things almost hour by hour was a boon?

I don't really like that I lost out on treasure wages, familiar bonding, or gathering chances, or that the fairground income is gone for the time being, but on the other hand, I was also under the impression the site admins/devs were working pretty much around the clock to even get it going again in the shape it's in--and likely did so because a good majority wants/expects the site back asap regardless of half-fixed or no.

Admittedly it didn't occur to me how this might shaft those who were in the middle of deals/debts/whatever--but I would think in light of what happened, anyone involved in those would be understanding that hey, these loans (or whatever) will take a bit longer than they would have otherwise?
I was under the impression the players on the site were just grateful the site's not permanently downed, our compensation was dragon care, and their being so willing to be straight with us and keep us on top of things almost hour by hour was a boon?

I don't really like that I lost out on treasure wages, familiar bonding, or gathering chances, or that the fairground income is gone for the time being, but on the other hand, I was also under the impression the site admins/devs were working pretty much around the clock to even get it going again in the shape it's in--and likely did so because a good majority wants/expects the site back asap regardless of half-fixed or no.

Admittedly it didn't occur to me how this might shaft those who were in the middle of deals/debts/whatever--but I would think in light of what happened, anyone involved in those would be understanding that hey, these loans (or whatever) will take a bit longer than they would have otherwise?
Gone for now. Can't fight this fight. I guess those calling me nasty names and saying I'm the insensitive, ignorant, cruel, demonising witch-hunter win.
I don't think this is necessary either. They have been working hour after hour and day after day so we can have fun. They had HOURS of hard and exhausting extra work, while all we lost is a bit of fun. No big deal for us, I say. As well as a huge thank you to them.
I don't think this is necessary either. They have been working hour after hour and day after day so we can have fun. They had HOURS of hard and exhausting extra work, while all we lost is a bit of fun. No big deal for us, I say. As well as a huge thank you to them.
emmie1___90px_by_rinny_roo-dc5f1bw.png

^_^ Roo - Hufflepuff - she/her - FR+3 ^_^
I don't even play the Fair that much, all my money I get from Crim mostly, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't always get their 25k from the fair, so I would get money I wouldn't even had had in the first place. How is that fair to others? (I don't do this, because I can only seem to play the easy jigsaw, otherwise, the normal blanks on me, just I'm about to finish sometimes, or Runes game will freeze and I run out of time, not to mention lagg I seem to get, which I know they are working on.)

Plus, it wasn't their fault the site had to be taken down, I believe there was someone hacking the site or something and getting more money then they should. So no, this isn't necessary.

Maybe if it was real money, but it isn't, it's not the end of the world. /ramblings

Edited: I just read the underlined bit, I still don't think they have to do that, if the site hadn't gone down, we wouldn't have got it. It would make no difference to me.
I don't even play the Fair that much, all my money I get from Crim mostly, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't always get their 25k from the fair, so I would get money I wouldn't even had had in the first place. How is that fair to others? (I don't do this, because I can only seem to play the easy jigsaw, otherwise, the normal blanks on me, just I'm about to finish sometimes, or Runes game will freeze and I run out of time, not to mention lagg I seem to get, which I know they are working on.)

Plus, it wasn't their fault the site had to be taken down, I believe there was someone hacking the site or something and getting more money then they should. So no, this isn't necessary.

Maybe if it was real money, but it isn't, it's not the end of the world. /ramblings

Edited: I just read the underlined bit, I still don't think they have to do that, if the site hadn't gone down, we wouldn't have got it. It would make no difference to me.
11063.pngfrsig_zps347f70e4.png132130.png
I also disagree.

For one thing, Ariamaki, you included text that can be a response to your post: The site is new. Of course there are going to be problems and maintenance.

I've had multiple websites and forums in my day, and I'm not talking about those lazy drag-and-drop style webhosters, either. There are a million and one things that can happen, and with a thousand people logging on and off and doing a ton of different things all at once.. Its a lot for a website to handle. It takes alot of bandwidth, and otherwise (because who knows o.O; Lol)

Its not the admins fault that this happened. Its to be expected.

Those gathering turns are free as it is- we should appreciate that.

And anyway, anyone who is upset at an online game's downtime should probably re-evaluate their life. :\ There are a thousand things out there to do, even for the younger generation. An online game's down time shouldn't be stressing anyone out.

After all, its only a game.
I also disagree.

For one thing, Ariamaki, you included text that can be a response to your post: The site is new. Of course there are going to be problems and maintenance.

I've had multiple websites and forums in my day, and I'm not talking about those lazy drag-and-drop style webhosters, either. There are a million and one things that can happen, and with a thousand people logging on and off and doing a ton of different things all at once.. Its a lot for a website to handle. It takes alot of bandwidth, and otherwise (because who knows o.O; Lol)

Its not the admins fault that this happened. Its to be expected.

Those gathering turns are free as it is- we should appreciate that.

And anyway, anyone who is upset at an online game's downtime should probably re-evaluate their life. :\ There are a thousand things out there to do, even for the younger generation. An online game's down time shouldn't be stressing anyone out.

After all, its only a game.
ibedoiqq4YHK7T.png
And here I was worrying I was being too demanding by being sad to log into an inbox without a mouse. :p
And here I was worrying I was being too demanding by being sad to log into an inbox without a mouse. :p
I was happy that they did the bare minimum (taking care of the dragons and what not). It seems too entitled to ask for more than that. At least, that is how I feel.

It seems odd to be ambivalent and yet still type this up.

Then again maybe I am too content that the site is simply back up for the most part. People with debts to pay as well as those waiting for that debt payment will understand. As far as I know no one has appeared on anyone else's doorstep to break kneecaps over late treasure/gems. : )
I was happy that they did the bare minimum (taking care of the dragons and what not). It seems too entitled to ask for more than that. At least, that is how I feel.

It seems odd to be ambivalent and yet still type this up.

Then again maybe I am too content that the site is simply back up for the most part. People with debts to pay as well as those waiting for that debt payment will understand. As far as I know no one has appeared on anyone else's doorstep to break kneecaps over late treasure/gems. : )
A day of lost gathering turns will not impact people in the long term, also the game being down for a day is absolutely nothing for a non publisher run game (I get they impression they aren't at least, correct me if I'm wrong.)

Frankly, I am really impressed with how things are being handled by the limited staff they have. They gave feedback, which is better than most sadly, and they made sure nothing of any great impact would happen to our status within the game while it was down.

A day of lost gathering turns will not impact people in the long term, also the game being down for a day is absolutely nothing for a non publisher run game (I get they impression they aren't at least, correct me if I'm wrong.)

Frankly, I am really impressed with how things are being handled by the limited staff they have. They gave feedback, which is better than most sadly, and they made sure nothing of any great impact would happen to our status within the game while it was down.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11