Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of July
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
@PocketTheSaurus I did! I found two gorgeous dragons that I'm going to breed together to get even prettier dragons! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15445523] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/154456/15445523_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15445607] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/154457/15445607_350.png[/img] [/url]
@PocketTheSaurus I did! I found two gorgeous dragons that I'm going to breed together to get even prettier dragons!

15445523_350.png

15445607_350.png
The Mayhaps Clan | Formerly DrippingWords
@DrippingWords Oh wow, they're gorgeous!
@DrippingWords Oh wow, they're gorgeous!
5NpWyuc.png oq4SbhH.png 8qtlLxx.gif
@LilacsAndFreedom I am still amazed that J. Michael Straczynski plotted Babylon V to run for five seasons and got five seasons to run it in. O_o And even that got kinda messed up by the networks, because Fox canceled it at the end of year four, so he decided to squish most of year five into the last four episodes of year four. And then came up with a new arc for year five. It was still pretty good, though.

@Aloysius Yay, Hunter & Resolute's kids get some more love. n_n That's a lot of huge nests you got there!

*giggles at the comparison with Frostblade* I kinda think fiction needs more slackers. Main characters are so often these driven, dedicated people who're the best at what they do. And that's cool and all, but I am much more of a slacker myself.

<-slacking right now instead of finishing her novelette.

I will write about Isadora for next month's thread! She is nothing at all like her mother. Also, I don't understand what happened to her clothes. She used to have a lot of clothing. To cut down on the shiny overload. Huh.

@Velg Oh do I know that feeling. I have to get writing done on breaks or at lunch while I'm at work, because I get home and I just want to sit in front of the computer and drool. I hope you find something that works for you!

@Amut Those nocturne babies are adorable! ... I wish I liked nocturnes better when they grow up. :/

@Bombswan Awww. Whatcha been busy with? I've actually gotten a fair amount of writing done for a change, although I've not ... quite ... finished the novelette I started and was hoping to finish this month. Le sigh.

*winces at the scatterscroll* I admit, I've thought about scattering my random progren at times, but his colors don't really clash and I'm afraid of getting something worse. With Blood/Swamp/Coral, though ... well, you may not get better, but you're not gonna miss those colors. Yay for skins.

@Silverspun Yay, links to The Call! \o/ Do you dislike Amazon, or did you have some trouble getting it on their store?

@VioletWhirlwind *awws for getting chased out of the Golem Workshop.* I have just been using Baldwin's to accumulate sprockets, this go-around. Maybe I'll do some actual grinding tomorrow. Haven't really felt the love for the coli lately.

@chalcara Wooo, grats on finding Zola! Nice. She looks spectacular in that accent, too.

@benalene *woots for inspiring you for Frostblade's daughter* I look forward to reading about her!

And that filigree accent is quite striking on your newest fluffball.

@SadariEvenstar I'm not wild about crystal on most tundras, but I do like it with white & maize. Your screenshot girl is cute!

@DrippingWords Happy belated birthday! Don't worry, tomorrow's a whole new thread! You won't be behind any more. Until it explodes. n_n Congrats on your birthday dragons too. I love the golden-range skydancer.

@PocketTheSaurus Yep, I've been talking to them over on Twitter. Social media circles do have a weird way of overlapping, even when you think they wouldn't. I'm glad you read A Rational Arrangement -- I hope you enjoyed it. :)
@LilacsAndFreedom I am still amazed that J. Michael Straczynski plotted Babylon V to run for five seasons and got five seasons to run it in. O_o And even that got kinda messed up by the networks, because Fox canceled it at the end of year four, so he decided to squish most of year five into the last four episodes of year four. And then came up with a new arc for year five. It was still pretty good, though.

@Aloysius Yay, Hunter & Resolute's kids get some more love. n_n That's a lot of huge nests you got there!

*giggles at the comparison with Frostblade* I kinda think fiction needs more slackers. Main characters are so often these driven, dedicated people who're the best at what they do. And that's cool and all, but I am much more of a slacker myself.

<-slacking right now instead of finishing her novelette.

I will write about Isadora for next month's thread! She is nothing at all like her mother. Also, I don't understand what happened to her clothes. She used to have a lot of clothing. To cut down on the shiny overload. Huh.

@Velg Oh do I know that feeling. I have to get writing done on breaks or at lunch while I'm at work, because I get home and I just want to sit in front of the computer and drool. I hope you find something that works for you!

@Amut Those nocturne babies are adorable! ... I wish I liked nocturnes better when they grow up. :/

@Bombswan Awww. Whatcha been busy with? I've actually gotten a fair amount of writing done for a change, although I've not ... quite ... finished the novelette I started and was hoping to finish this month. Le sigh.

*winces at the scatterscroll* I admit, I've thought about scattering my random progren at times, but his colors don't really clash and I'm afraid of getting something worse. With Blood/Swamp/Coral, though ... well, you may not get better, but you're not gonna miss those colors. Yay for skins.

@Silverspun Yay, links to The Call! \o/ Do you dislike Amazon, or did you have some trouble getting it on their store?

@VioletWhirlwind *awws for getting chased out of the Golem Workshop.* I have just been using Baldwin's to accumulate sprockets, this go-around. Maybe I'll do some actual grinding tomorrow. Haven't really felt the love for the coli lately.

@chalcara Wooo, grats on finding Zola! Nice. She looks spectacular in that accent, too.

@benalene *woots for inspiring you for Frostblade's daughter* I look forward to reading about her!

And that filigree accent is quite striking on your newest fluffball.

@SadariEvenstar I'm not wild about crystal on most tundras, but I do like it with white & maize. Your screenshot girl is cute!

@DrippingWords Happy belated birthday! Don't worry, tomorrow's a whole new thread! You won't be behind any more. Until it explodes. n_n Congrats on your birthday dragons too. I love the golden-range skydancer.

@PocketTheSaurus Yep, I've been talking to them over on Twitter. Social media circles do have a weird way of overlapping, even when you think they wouldn't. I'm glad you read A Rational Arrangement -- I hope you enjoyed it. :)
Author Website: LadyRowyn.com
@DrippingWords Oh my 0_0 Reina. Can I just tell you... I love Ivory. LOVE it. A few more biographies are done! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15075668] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/150757/15075668_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15026170] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/150262/15026170_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8953130] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/89532/8953130_350.png[/img] [/url] Somebody tell me who to write about next!
@DrippingWords Oh my 0_0 Reina. Can I just tell you... I love Ivory. LOVE it.

A few more biographies are done!

15075668_350.png

15026170_350.png

8953130_350.png

Somebody tell me who to write about next!
Birdskull%20Mirror_zps4hyji6it.png
@LadyRowyn
Yes! Exactly that! Work all day, and by the time you get home, you look at the writing project and just go "wait... what...? i have to work AGAIN?" Although I'm not sure what this "lunch" and "break" stuff is you speak of... I get neither at work lol. My lunch involves sitting and attempting to eat at my desk, because I'm not supposed to leave it, while people come at me from all directions "i want i want i need i need" etc.
@LadyRowyn
Yes! Exactly that! Work all day, and by the time you get home, you look at the writing project and just go "wait... what...? i have to work AGAIN?" Although I'm not sure what this "lunch" and "break" stuff is you speak of... I get neither at work lol. My lunch involves sitting and attempting to eat at my desk, because I'm not supposed to leave it, while people come at me from all directions "i want i want i need i need" etc.
JzUZHeP.png6Zs7hJu.pngiwOM9O6.pngjtUkEZ1.pngygWzlbs.png
hwR6tZT.png
WvEXipG.png
oaolHwW.png
HSWqWgZ.png
bvMRM0l.png
rix3ppo.png
YMPbu9R.png
cdqdRxL.png
EE2umbT.png
ZTPpQYU.png
bvMRM0l.png
U64G5xl.png
mlHpBMC.png
uJuXpVk.pngyK2yfiw.png2iCvw0g.pngMmr9HrK.png
hwR6tZT.png
Hello all!

I've never posted here before, and as much as I like to keep most of my work private (as I'm usually really shy about sharing) I feel a bit of an itch for some critique, and I figured this would be the best place to ask. Could I ask for some feedback on what's written in her bio?

It's original fiction, as odd as that sounds, haha. Just as a word of warning, I'm known throughout my group of friends for my rather dark writing, and this is not an exception.

Feel free to send your comments to me by PM if you don't want the thread clogging up.
Hello all!

I've never posted here before, and as much as I like to keep most of my work private (as I'm usually really shy about sharing) I feel a bit of an itch for some critique, and I figured this would be the best place to ask. Could I ask for some feedback on what's written in her bio?

It's original fiction, as odd as that sounds, haha. Just as a word of warning, I'm known throughout my group of friends for my rather dark writing, and this is not an exception.

Feel free to send your comments to me by PM if you don't want the thread clogging up.
@LadyRowyn I actually read a discussion with JMS at one point where he said that the end of Season 4 didn't actually change all that much -- that most of the things that happened in the "rushed" ending of season 4 were actually always intended to happen at that point. I can't find the reference right now, but basically he said that the resolution of most major plot points and the really high-intensity action were always intended to happen at the end of season 4, and season 5 was intended as the denouement, always intended to move at a much slower pace.

(I'm not sure he ever said what, specifically, he did pull forward into the end of S4, just that it was a lot less than you'd think.)
@LadyRowyn I actually read a discussion with JMS at one point where he said that the end of Season 4 didn't actually change all that much -- that most of the things that happened in the "rushed" ending of season 4 were actually always intended to happen at that point. I can't find the reference right now, but basically he said that the resolution of most major plot points and the really high-intensity action were always intended to happen at the end of season 4, and season 5 was intended as the denouement, always intended to move at a much slower pace.

(I'm not sure he ever said what, specifically, he did pull forward into the end of S4, just that it was a lot less than you'd think.)
@PocketTheSaurus I know, I'm so happy I got them. :D

@LadyRowyn Thank you!

@Eyries I am a sucker for Ivory anything. :)
@PocketTheSaurus I know, I'm so happy I got them. :D

@LadyRowyn Thank you!

@Eyries I am a sucker for Ivory anything. :)
The Mayhaps Clan | Formerly DrippingWords
@DrippingWords I want ALL the Ivory. All of it. And also all the Seafoam and Platinum and Shadow and Imperials with Spines. But especially the Ivory.
@DrippingWords I want ALL the Ivory. All of it. And also all the Seafoam and Platinum and Shadow and Imperials with Spines. But especially the Ivory.
Birdskull%20Mirror_zps4hyji6it.png
DrippingWords Oh WOW Asterion... O_O That is actually really REALLY close to the Nocturne I hope to someday acquire...only...I need a female. Basically I need it as a mate for this guy...once I get him some genes...like that's ever going to happen, heh. (Somehow, I managed to get the most neon pink MALE Nocturne ever XD But I still love him.) : [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8961098] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/89611/8961098_350.png[/img] [/url] This gives me hope that such a derg might actually exist at some point. XD @LadyRowyn Yeah, I've been making them at Baldwin too...the thing is...I need chests. XD Baldwin doesn't make those. :P And the coliseum tends to put me to sleep. XD; Edit: Just got two Thunder Spears from Arena though. So it DOES drop chests. :D Edit 2: GAH! I hate when the monsters dodge after I JUST got breath back up from the LAST time they dodged!
DrippingWords Oh WOW Asterion... O_O That is actually really REALLY close to the Nocturne I hope to someday acquire...only...I need a female. Basically I need it as a mate for this guy...once I get him some genes...like that's ever going to happen, heh. (Somehow, I managed to get the most neon pink MALE Nocturne ever XD But I still love him.) :

8961098_350.png

This gives me hope that such a derg might actually exist at some point. XD

@LadyRowyn Yeah, I've been making them at Baldwin too...the thing is...I need chests. XD Baldwin doesn't make those. :P And the coliseum tends to put me to sleep. XD;

Edit: Just got two Thunder Spears from Arena though. So it DOES drop chests. :D

Edit 2: GAH! I hate when the monsters dodge after I JUST got breath back up from the LAST time they dodged!
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28