Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of July
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
@Silverspun, @LadyRowyn
I actually adore reading as it is, and try to read as much as I can lol. My problem mostly, is one of both trying to find the time to sit down and write, and then once I do, willing myself to actually -do- it. Generally, I get home from a long day at work, and feel so mentally burnt out, that I usually intend on sitting down and writing, but end up falling asleep in front of the television instead.

For some reason with NaNo, the sense of having a deadline more or less forced me to work on it, and I did manage to beat the 50k. For a while afterwards, I was doing pretty well in keeping it up... but I guess I just kind of drained myself? I'm not really sure what happened.

I may have to try, one of these weekends, seeing if I can escape somewhere with the laptop like you guys suggest, and see if that helps.
@Silverspun, @LadyRowyn
I actually adore reading as it is, and try to read as much as I can lol. My problem mostly, is one of both trying to find the time to sit down and write, and then once I do, willing myself to actually -do- it. Generally, I get home from a long day at work, and feel so mentally burnt out, that I usually intend on sitting down and writing, but end up falling asleep in front of the television instead.

For some reason with NaNo, the sense of having a deadline more or less forced me to work on it, and I did manage to beat the 50k. For a while afterwards, I was doing pretty well in keeping it up... but I guess I just kind of drained myself? I'm not really sure what happened.

I may have to try, one of these weekends, seeing if I can escape somewhere with the laptop like you guys suggest, and see if that helps.
JzUZHeP.png6Zs7hJu.pngiwOM9O6.pngjtUkEZ1.pngygWzlbs.png
hwR6tZT.png
WvEXipG.png
oaolHwW.png
HSWqWgZ.png
bvMRM0l.png
rix3ppo.png
YMPbu9R.png
cdqdRxL.png
EE2umbT.png
ZTPpQYU.png
bvMRM0l.png
U64G5xl.png
mlHpBMC.png
uJuXpVk.pngyK2yfiw.png2iCvw0g.pngMmr9HrK.png
hwR6tZT.png
Well, I just got back from a work trip... and you have no idea how happy I am about being able to craft currency. So far this holiday is one of my most stres-free. I ran out of fodder to train and am currently enjoying just playing in the various areas for a change instead of going nuts trying to find one that pays out enough. Meanwhile, I hatched out some new nocs. These surprising doubles are my favorites from the 5-batch of them, but that crackle though.... *ugh* [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15393711] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/153938/15393711_350.png[/img] [/url] Tomato/Tomato/Crimson [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15393715] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/153938/15393715_350.png[/img] [/url] Sand/Sand/Fire [/center] It's nice when random breeding projects gives surprises like these. ;)
Well, I just got back from a work trip... and you have no idea how happy I am about being able to craft currency. So far this holiday is one of my most stres-free. I ran out of fodder to train and am currently enjoying just playing in the various areas for a change instead of going nuts trying to find one that pays out enough.

Meanwhile, I hatched out some new nocs. These surprising doubles are my favorites from the 5-batch of them, but that crackle though.... *ugh*

15393711_350.png

Tomato/Tomato/Crimson

15393715_350.png

Sand/Sand/Fire

It's nice when random breeding projects gives surprises like these. ;)
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
@Silverspun
Oh that sounds exciting! Are you being published via an online store or are they going to be available in bigger stores?

@LadyRowyn
I know ;v;
I've just been so busy. Ugh I haven't even written anything much this month either.
@Silverspun
Oh that sounds exciting! Are you being published via an online store or are they going to be available in bigger stores?

@LadyRowyn
I know ;v;
I've just been so busy. Ugh I haven't even written anything much this month either.
marina_small_by_wesleart_by_bombswan-db2x2ss.png
@LilacsandFreedom
Ooooh, yeah, I get what you mean. I really don't like it when stories are dragged out unnecessarily. If it's done, it's done. There has got to be some writers out there that can make a sudden addition good, but, really, if it's no longer got the vision and heart in it, then it's just lifeless, you know? And lifeless storytelling just hurts. And is blah.

@LadyRowyn
Thanks! Congrats on your publishing, too! I should go ahead and make a link in my sig. I've thought about it, but should just do it, even if it ain't fancy. lol

@Kelwyn
Thank you! And yes! It's an awesome feeling! Kinda surreal, too. XD

@Velg
It's sort of a weird balance between when to take a break for a bit, and when to just push yourself, though I know the job factor creates a big problem like that. But we make time for what we really love doing, so I'm sure you'll sort out something that works well for you! Oh, I'll also suggest putting strict deadlines for yourself, too, since NaNoWriMo helped you so much. Maybe having someone else help hold you accountable to make sure you don't get slack on yourself. (As I'm sure we all do. XD)

@BombSwan
It is available online in a few different venues actually, the biggest being BarnesandNoble .com right now. It's an ebook only at the moment.
@LilacsandFreedom
Ooooh, yeah, I get what you mean. I really don't like it when stories are dragged out unnecessarily. If it's done, it's done. There has got to be some writers out there that can make a sudden addition good, but, really, if it's no longer got the vision and heart in it, then it's just lifeless, you know? And lifeless storytelling just hurts. And is blah.

@LadyRowyn
Thanks! Congrats on your publishing, too! I should go ahead and make a link in my sig. I've thought about it, but should just do it, even if it ain't fancy. lol

@Kelwyn
Thank you! And yes! It's an awesome feeling! Kinda surreal, too. XD

@Velg
It's sort of a weird balance between when to take a break for a bit, and when to just push yourself, though I know the job factor creates a big problem like that. But we make time for what we really love doing, so I'm sure you'll sort out something that works well for you! Oh, I'll also suggest putting strict deadlines for yourself, too, since NaNoWriMo helped you so much. Maybe having someone else help hold you accountable to make sure you don't get slack on yourself. (As I'm sure we all do. XD)

@BombSwan
It is available online in a few different venues actually, the biggest being BarnesandNoble .com right now. It's an ebook only at the moment.
@LadyRowyn Sent! Hope you like her for as long as she decides to stay! :D

I...actually moved back to Arena. Got tired of constantly having to restart Golem Workshop when they almost pwn my dragons every few rounds. (to say nothing of those bosses...which I won't even ATTEMPT to beat. XD; I know I have NO chance with them yet.) The Arena may have no lightning mobs, but it's still a better area to farm, IMO.

I got distracted from coli farming today, reading about caring for venus fly traps, as mine is dying. I don't know why I even bothered getting one, I knew this would happen, heh. My climate is just too dry. I got it when I was having a spider-invasion, but it stays under a bubble of plastic improvised-terrarium too much to even help with that anyway. XD; I should probably just stick with Janustrap familiars. At least those don't die unless you throw them in Baldwin's pot. XP
@LadyRowyn Sent! Hope you like her for as long as she decides to stay! :D

I...actually moved back to Arena. Got tired of constantly having to restart Golem Workshop when they almost pwn my dragons every few rounds. (to say nothing of those bosses...which I won't even ATTEMPT to beat. XD; I know I have NO chance with them yet.) The Arena may have no lightning mobs, but it's still a better area to farm, IMO.

I got distracted from coli farming today, reading about caring for venus fly traps, as mine is dying. I don't know why I even bothered getting one, I knew this would happen, heh. My climate is just too dry. I got it when I was having a spider-invasion, but it stays under a bubble of plastic improvised-terrarium too much to even help with that anyway. XD; I should probably just stick with Janustrap familiars. At least those don't die unless you throw them in Baldwin's pot. XP
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
@LadyRowyn At least stuff is getting done? I admit Thank you for checking. I might end up making a post in the Dragons Wanted forum. @Velg Most of my writing is getting done in my local pub. It's why I went for a laptop as opposed to desktop machine for my last rig. I can't very much concentrate at home, too much distractions. Internet, cats, all my video-games, the neighbours… I don't yet have the discipline to withstand all that. Art works fine at home, writing not so much. [EDIT:] I found one! I found one while poking around on the AH! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1488144] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/14882/1488144_350.png[/img] [/url] Meet Zola. She's a she, but FAR older than I hoped to get. I do like her colours, and even the name - she's supposed to be the opposite of Astra, after all. And she was cheaper than another light egg, which is all I could hope for. Sometimes you just gotta get lucky.
@LadyRowyn

At least stuff is getting done? I admit

Thank you for checking. I might end up making a post in the Dragons Wanted forum.

@Velg
Most of my writing is getting done in my local pub. It's why I went for a laptop as opposed to desktop machine for my last rig.

I can't very much concentrate at home, too much distractions. Internet, cats, all my video-games, the neighbours… I don't yet have the discipline to withstand all that.

Art works fine at home, writing not so much.

[EDIT:]

I found one! I found one while poking around on the AH!

1488144_350.png

Meet Zola. She's a she, but FAR older than I hoped to get. I do like her colours, and even the name - she's supposed to be the opposite of Astra, after all.

And she was cheaper than another light egg, which is all I could hope for.

Sometimes you just gotta get lucky.
In dragon news, I scattered my progen again. She was Teal/Magenta/Green
Now she's Blood/Swap/Coral...RNG I JUST WANT COLORS THAT LOOK DECENT. Should I scatter her again? This is the fourth time and still nothing nice out of it. ;v;

@Silverspun
Okay! I'm always curious how people publish their books first. Whether it is an ebook or a paperback. Do you mind me asking what the title is?
In dragon news, I scattered my progen again. She was Teal/Magenta/Green
Now she's Blood/Swap/Coral...RNG I JUST WANT COLORS THAT LOOK DECENT. Should I scatter her again? This is the fourth time and still nothing nice out of it. ;v;

@Silverspun
Okay! I'm always curious how people publish their books first. Whether it is an ebook or a paperback. Do you mind me asking what the title is?
marina_small_by_wesleart_by_bombswan-db2x2ss.png
@BombSwan
Sure! It's The Call, and I added the links to it in my signature!
@BombSwan
Sure! It's The Call, and I added the links to it in my signature!
@CoolCougar
Okay, sooo... I'm not on all that much lately, and I also have a couple other commissions to finish. So I could try to write you that short story (it would probably be somewhere around three or four pages), but it would take a pretty long time, and I would need to know what you might want it to be about. :)

As for pricing... if it's about 4 pages, that does take me a while, so my price would be around 17k, and possibly higher if it's longer.
@CoolCougar
Okay, sooo... I'm not on all that much lately, and I also have a couple other commissions to finish. So I could try to write you that short story (it would probably be somewhere around three or four pages), but it would take a pretty long time, and I would need to know what you might want it to be about. :)

As for pricing... if it's about 4 pages, that does take me a while, so my price would be around 17k, and possibly higher if it's longer.
>
tumblr_oh6risLJAT1vfeckzo5_r3_250.png oh look
an art tumblr
qfhaYao.png
@Hurricanesong

I don't need you to do it any more. I have found another user to do it!! Thanks though!!
@Hurricanesong

I don't need you to do it any more. I have found another user to do it!! Thanks though!!
Avid Broadway Fan, She/Her, big fan of cookies
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28