Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of July
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
@Silverspun

That sounds like a really cool idea :D!
And, I've gotta ask, do you think it'll take two books or three books to cover the whole story? By "how the second one goes" do you mean story-telling-wise or profit wise? I'm just curious n_n;
@Silverspun

That sounds like a really cool idea :D!
And, I've gotta ask, do you think it'll take two books or three books to cover the whole story? By "how the second one goes" do you mean story-telling-wise or profit wise? I'm just curious n_n;
eppAZHY.pngu1qMgY0.png SqnIrhs.png
@CoolCougar
I'd be able to do it, do you have any personalities for the dragons?
I'm not that good at pricing, in all honesty as long as it's something above 8k? Does that sound good to you?
@CoolCougar
I'd be able to do it, do you have any personalities for the dragons?
I'm not that good at pricing, in all honesty as long as it's something above 8k? Does that sound good to you?
[img][/img]HzGpUHb.png
@CoolCougar Do you mean a story with just those four dragons in it?
@CoolCougar Do you mean a story with just those four dragons in it?
@CoolCougar

I'm okay with pinged. Also, why would I charge you for giving me something to write about? Lol. I'll do it if you want me to, but your gold's no good here :)
@CoolCougar

I'm okay with pinged. Also, why would I charge you for giving me something to write about? Lol. I'll do it if you want me to, but your gold's no good here :)
@LilacsandFreedom

Ahh, thank you again! lol And I mean story-telling-wise. I've got other novel ideas to do after that, so no need to stretch it out if I don't have to.
@LilacsandFreedom

Ahh, thank you again! lol And I mean story-telling-wise. I've got other novel ideas to do after that, so no need to stretch it out if I don't have to.
@Silverspun

Oh, that's good, that's definitely good...though perhaps that's just me speaking from the experience of seeing shows that finish their story in one season, then have to cobble together some additional plot for the sake of seasons they didn't even plan for n_n;
I hope that analogy made sense
@Silverspun

Oh, that's good, that's definitely good...though perhaps that's just me speaking from the experience of seeing shows that finish their story in one season, then have to cobble together some additional plot for the sake of seasons they didn't even plan for n_n;
I hope that analogy made sense
@Runningwolf62 Hey, 15k is still pretty good! Better than zero k. :) @Eyries Oooh, I didn't know FR would let you switch right after joining. Neat! I like that you wanted to have your progens be of a different flight from the clan right from the start. What's the story reason? *giggles at Ev* I like her manic energy and rapid-fire speech. Maybe she'll find a companion dragon who likes listening to her go on and on someday, poor thing. @SadariEvenstar *yipes at food suddenly disappearing* I hope whatever was happening to your stockpile stopped. I have a hard time keeping the balance of "which things I need more of". I used to have tons and tons of excess seafood, but since I stopped leveling dragons in the Kelp Beds, I am finally starting to run low on it. Bleh. *gets to post about your doggie* Awwww. ;_; @Aloysius *giggles at Oz's variable readings on Gideon's future.* Ya may be getting just a li'l too transparent with those 'predictions', there, kid. XD And Calliope is Justus's adoptive mother, yes. Caius and Calliope are lifemates and raise all their hatchlings together, even though the actual other parent is often a different dragon. *laughs at you going to the AH for ridgies and mirrors and coming back with tundras* :D @PocketTheSaurus I like the way Wrimona and Ambrosius have had such an influence on your lair that they show up in everyone else's bios. :) The animated gif of them is adorable. Hee! So Wrimona. And I know that feeling -- world-building and roleplaying games are a good lead into writing, I think. I know I learned a surprising amount about plotting from running roleplaying games on SinaiMUCK, way back when. :D I am glad to see you're hosting Geastrales! She's grandmother to my Incubus, I think. @Jadis Welcome to the chat! We're not really a feedback group here -- we're more of a "yay, you wrote stuff, hurrah!" sort of group. :) But many of the people here are willing to do feedback on request, and/or ask for it sometimes, as PocketTheSaurus said. Also, a lot of the threads in the Creative Forum are from people looking for feedback on their stories, and I expect you could arrange an exchange with some of them too. @benalene I love your watery Fire birthday boy! I'm glad your dragons were able to rescue him. The shadow/lemon/gold girl is amazing too! @chalcara I know that feeling too. All my writing energy has been going into my current story. I haven't even been posting here! Heck, I've barely written tweets lately. Hmm, I don't know how you go about finding older dragons for sale. I've got some old imperials I wouldn't mind selling, but they've all got bios already. :/ Byron, Flamesinger, LordOfLight, and Clarity come to mind. None of them are light, though. @velvetpaws Oh goodness. That accent on Lios! So handsome. Ikaroa reminds me of how Shadowknight used to be, a bit, although Shadowknight never got the chance to be autocratic in telling people what to do. Maybe Ikaroa will get better someday, too. -_- @VioletWhirlwind *puts in a CR request* I may not keep Cornelia forever, but I'm sure she'll have some fun for a while. n_n Wow, there are colors that work with Hypnotic. You must show us if you get one! So is Golem Workshop actually good for getting sprockets or chests? I was kinda thinking it'd be so slow killing things that Arena (sigh) would be better. But I want to be wrong, because I am so sick of grinding Arena. @micahjaguar We haven't been that busy! I am sure we didn't ping you 43 times. Also, welcome home! You were missed! 43 times, even. n_n @Silverspun Congrats on your first book! I just put put my first out a month ago myself. :D Maybe put a link to it in your signature? The concept sounds fun. @Velg I will second the value of "get out of the house and away from distractions" in writing. I actually write a lot from my phone, but I am weird. And have a phone with a five-row physical keyboard because I write so much on it. -_- And reading is also great for recharging and reminding me of why I want to write in the first place. @LilacsandFreedom Oh man, TV shows and storytelling. I remember how Heroes just nose-dived after a great first season because they were all WHAT WE GET TO MAKE MORE and had no idea what to do. :/ But TV is so expensive and hard to predict that scriptwriters can have no idea how long they're going to get to let their story unfold. Guh. *waves to @Bombswan* Welcome back! It's almost the end of the month now, wow. We'll have a new thread up soon! * For Benalene: Frostblade's bio! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9267244][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/92673/9267244_350.png[/img][/url] And now I need a new prompt. :)
@Runningwolf62 Hey, 15k is still pretty good! Better than zero k. :)

@Eyries Oooh, I didn't know FR would let you switch right after joining. Neat! I like that you wanted to have your progens be of a different flight from the clan right from the start. What's the story reason?

*giggles at Ev* I like her manic energy and rapid-fire speech. Maybe she'll find a companion dragon who likes listening to her go on and on someday, poor thing.

@SadariEvenstar *yipes at food suddenly disappearing* I hope whatever was happening to your stockpile stopped. I have a hard time keeping the balance of "which things I need more of". I used to have tons and tons of excess seafood, but since I stopped leveling dragons in the Kelp Beds, I am finally starting to run low on it. Bleh.

*gets to post about your doggie* Awwww. ;_;

@Aloysius *giggles at Oz's variable readings on Gideon's future.* Ya may be getting just a li'l too transparent with those 'predictions', there, kid. XD

And Calliope is Justus's adoptive mother, yes. Caius and Calliope are lifemates and raise all their hatchlings together, even though the actual other parent is often a different dragon.

*laughs at you going to the AH for ridgies and mirrors and coming back with tundras* :D

@PocketTheSaurus I like the way Wrimona and Ambrosius have had such an influence on your lair that they show up in everyone else's bios. :) The animated gif of them is adorable. Hee! So Wrimona.

And I know that feeling -- world-building and roleplaying games are a good lead into writing, I think. I know I learned a surprising amount about plotting from running roleplaying games on SinaiMUCK, way back when. :D

I am glad to see you're hosting Geastrales! She's grandmother to my Incubus, I think.

@Jadis Welcome to the chat! We're not really a feedback group here -- we're more of a "yay, you wrote stuff, hurrah!" sort of group. :) But many of the people here are willing to do feedback on request, and/or ask for it sometimes, as PocketTheSaurus said. Also, a lot of the threads in the Creative Forum are from people looking for feedback on their stories, and I expect you could arrange an exchange with some of them too.

@benalene I love your watery Fire birthday boy! I'm glad your dragons were able to rescue him. The shadow/lemon/gold girl is amazing too!

@chalcara I know that feeling too. All my writing energy has been going into my current story. I haven't even been posting here! Heck, I've barely written tweets lately.

Hmm, I don't know how you go about finding older dragons for sale. I've got some old imperials I wouldn't mind selling, but they've all got bios already. :/ Byron, Flamesinger, LordOfLight, and Clarity come to mind. None of them are light, though.

@velvetpaws Oh goodness. That accent on Lios! So handsome.

Ikaroa reminds me of how Shadowknight used to be, a bit, although Shadowknight never got the chance to be autocratic in telling people what to do. Maybe Ikaroa will get better someday, too. -_-

@VioletWhirlwind *puts in a CR request* I may not keep Cornelia forever, but I'm sure she'll have some fun for a while. n_n

Wow, there are colors that work with Hypnotic. You must show us if you get one!

So is Golem Workshop actually good for getting sprockets or chests? I was kinda thinking it'd be so slow killing things that Arena (sigh) would be better. But I want to be wrong, because I am so sick of grinding Arena.

@micahjaguar We haven't been that busy! I am sure we didn't ping you 43 times. Also, welcome home! You were missed! 43 times, even. n_n

@Silverspun Congrats on your first book! I just put put my first out a month ago myself. :D Maybe put a link to it in your signature? The concept sounds fun.

@Velg I will second the value of "get out of the house and away from distractions" in writing. I actually write a lot from my phone, but I am weird. And have a phone with a five-row physical keyboard because I write so much on it. -_- And reading is also great for recharging and reminding me of why I want to write in the first place.

@LilacsandFreedom Oh man, TV shows and storytelling. I remember how Heroes just nose-dived after a great first season because they were all WHAT WE GET TO MAKE MORE and had no idea what to do. :/ But TV is so expensive and hard to predict that scriptwriters can have no idea how long they're going to get to let their story unfold. Guh.

*waves to @Bombswan* Welcome back! It's almost the end of the month now, wow. We'll have a new thread up soon!

For Benalene: Frostblade's bio!

9267244_350.png

And now I need a new prompt. :)

Author Website: LadyRowyn.com
@LadyRowyn

I know, right?
Same thing happened with "Once Upon a Time"- great concept, used pretty great in the first season, and everything started to spiral down once they threw some perfectly good character development out the window =_=;

Woe to the television writers of the world! Your job is a thankless one, but know that we appreciate your struggle, even if we don't agree with your scripts.
@LadyRowyn

I know, right?
Same thing happened with "Once Upon a Time"- great concept, used pretty great in the first season, and everything started to spiral down once they threw some perfectly good character development out the window =_=;

Woe to the television writers of the world! Your job is a thankless one, but know that we appreciate your struggle, even if we don't agree with your scripts.
@LadyRowyn Heh. This dude here was one of the 15. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14346495] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/143465/14346495_350.png[/img] [/url] (All right, so there wasn't quite that many. It just seems that way.) And as soon as I can expand my lair, I am going to be flooded with even more. One of my couples gave me a 5-egg nest and another have a 4-egg one. Plus the 4-egg nest from FlyingNorth's Ulmo and Gondolin, and the 5-egg nest I hatched last week from my Zeal and his new flame. What is happening here, guys?! I normally get 2- maybe 3-egg nests, if I'm lucky. I like Frostblade. He looks so serious and intense, but underneath beats the heart of a slacker. Fun! Dragon prompts. Hmmm. I must admit I like telling other people who they should write about, while slacking off myself. ;p Frostblade! We should totally hang out! How about Iset's daughter Isadora? She's very shiny. Is she like her Mum? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3579704] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/35798/3579704_350.png[/img] [/url]
@LadyRowyn

Heh. This dude here was one of the 15.

14346495_350.png

(All right, so there wasn't quite that many. It just seems that way.)
And as soon as I can expand my lair, I am going to be flooded with even more. One of my couples gave me a 5-egg nest and another have a 4-egg one. Plus the 4-egg nest from FlyingNorth's Ulmo and Gondolin, and the 5-egg nest I hatched last week from my Zeal and his new flame.

What is happening here, guys?! I normally get 2- maybe 3-egg nests, if I'm lucky.

I like Frostblade. He looks so serious and intense, but underneath beats the heart of a slacker. Fun!

Dragon prompts. Hmmm. I must admit I like telling other people who they should write about, while slacking off myself. ;p Frostblade! We should totally hang out!

How about Iset's daughter Isadora? She's very shiny. Is she like her Mum?

3579704_350.png

Congrats, @Silverspun! That's awesome! It's a cool feeling, no?
Congrats, @Silverspun! That's awesome! It's a cool feeling, no?
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28