Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Skin resizing help?
Hey FR, my skin got denied recently. I got a critique that the lineart and shadow layers have not been clipped to the design, and that my design is misaligned from the original dragon lineart. How can I fix this? My computer with the original file (and Photoshop) hangs by a thread so I only get so many submission tries, and I don't quite understand how clipping works yet?? I tried following the tutorial, but for some reason it just isn't clicking in my head. Would it look something like this? [img]https://i.gyazo.com/c016d76ed4979903d380f4dead5699c1.png[/img] Or this? [img]https://i.gyazo.com/8bdf92bd361c016e60f8f5fdd8453187.png[/img] How should the file look after I've clipped it? I feel very silly for asking, but I don't want to lose what I created! Please help my tired overworked brain figure this out x_x
Hey FR, my skin got denied recently.
I got a critique that the lineart and shadow layers have not been clipped to the design, and that my design is misaligned from the original dragon lineart.

How can I fix this? My computer with the original file (and Photoshop) hangs by a thread so I only get so many submission tries, and I don't quite understand how clipping works yet?? I tried following the tutorial, but for some reason it just isn't clicking in my head.

Would it look something like this?
c016d76ed4979903d380f4dead5699c1.png
Or this?
8bdf92bd361c016e60f8f5fdd8453187.png
How should the file look after I've clipped it?
I feel very silly for asking, but I don't want to lose what I created! Please help my tired overworked brain figure this out x_x
@SpitfyreFlier The shadows and lines look OK to me, but a couple "maybe"s:

-Make sure the file as the right size, 350x350. If it's the wrong size, that might be the source of the "misaligned" issue.

-I don't know what the original file you submitted was, but this one's not transparent - that's important for accents especially.

-The accent might go outside the lineart - you could check that if you can?

-If all else fails, you can ask in the Skin and Accent Problems forum thread for clarification - they're usually able to give a more descriptive version of why it got denied there.

[Latest edit: Mistakenly referred to the size requirement as 300x300 - Ventoux pointed out that it's actually 350x350]
@SpitfyreFlier The shadows and lines look OK to me, but a couple "maybe"s:

-Make sure the file as the right size, 350x350. If it's the wrong size, that might be the source of the "misaligned" issue.

-I don't know what the original file you submitted was, but this one's not transparent - that's important for accents especially.

-The accent might go outside the lineart - you could check that if you can?

-If all else fails, you can ask in the Skin and Accent Problems forum thread for clarification - they're usually able to give a more descriptive version of why it got denied there.

[Latest edit: Mistakenly referred to the size requirement as 300x300 - Ventoux pointed out that it's actually 350x350]
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
[quote name="@SwiftIsHere" date="2019-11-21 20:45:21" ] -Make sure the file as the right size, 300x300. If it's the wrong size, that might be the source of the "misaligned" issue. [/quote] [font=Comic Sans MS]If I recall correctly the necessary size is 350x350 though?[emoji=coatl confused size=1][/font]
@SwiftIsHere wrote on 2019-11-21 20:45:21:
-Make sure the file as the right size, 300x300. If it's the wrong size, that might be the source of the "misaligned" issue.
If I recall correctly the necessary size is 350x350 though?
W6LdAlV.gif
[quote name="@Ventoux" date="2019-11-22 01:30:52" ] [quote name="SwiftIsHere" date="2019-11-21 20:45:21" ] -Make sure the file as the right size, 300x300. If it's the wrong size, that might be the source of the "misaligned" issue. [/quote] [font=Comic Sans MS]If I recall correctly the necessary size is 350x350 though?[emoji=coatl confused size=1][/font] [/quote] You... are right [emoji=mirror deadpan size=1] In my defense I've been looking more at adoptables lately, so my mind has been on the 100x100 signature size limit, hence the double zeroes. Thanks for the correction!
@Ventoux wrote on 2019-11-22 01:30:52:
SwiftIsHere wrote on 2019-11-21 20:45:21:
-Make sure the file as the right size, 300x300. If it's the wrong size, that might be the source of the "misaligned" issue.
If I recall correctly the necessary size is 350x350 though?
You... are right In my defense I've been looking more at adoptables lately, so my mind has been on the 100x100 signature size limit, hence the double zeroes. Thanks for the correction!
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
@SwiftIsHere I tried following your advice here with 350x350, transparency, and catching any stray pixels (non-transparent parts at the edge are due to Gyazo, not Photoshop) [img]https://i.gyazo.com/1afca45495581f67680fd7ddf22caeea.png[/img] Is that better? I'm still unclear on how to exactly meet the criteria in Photoshop, so I appreciate the forum thread link too I'll have to check it out
@SwiftIsHere
I tried following your advice here with 350x350, transparency, and catching any stray pixels (non-transparent parts at the edge are due to Gyazo, not Photoshop)
1afca45495581f67680fd7ddf22caeea.png
Is that better? I'm still unclear on how to exactly meet the criteria in Photoshop, so I appreciate the forum thread link too
I'll have to check it out
@SpitFyreFlier Sorry for the confusion - the actual colored parts of the accent are fine as is! It's the rest of the image that should be transparent. Right now there's a checkered background, when there should be no background at all.
@SpitFyreFlier Sorry for the confusion - the actual colored parts of the accent are fine as is! It's the rest of the image that should be transparent. Right now there's a checkered background, when there should be no background at all.
@SwiftIsHere I should have used the actual file instead of opened Photoshop as an example. The checked background is an indicator of what is transparent! Does that make sense? [img]https://i.gyazo.com/1eb1049e06aac90436f4ed9484cf2a10.png[/img]
@SwiftIsHere
I should have used the actual file instead of opened Photoshop as an example.
The checked background is an indicator of what is transparent! Does that make sense?
1eb1049e06aac90436f4ed9484cf2a10.png
@SpitfyreFlier Yes! It’s hard to tell from the screenshot, sorry. If it still gets rejected, I would ask in the official thread for clarification.
@SpitfyreFlier Yes! It’s hard to tell from the screenshot, sorry. If it still gets rejected, I would ask in the official thread for clarification.