Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Newbie questions
Yo, I'm still figuring out FR here so sorry if these are stupid questions.

Are there other efficient ways of making lots of treasure?
I'm trying Coliseum but it's taking a while to save up for an Eliminate and levelling in general. I just don't want to end up abusing Shock Switch for hours on end if there are better ways to make mad moolah.

(And in case anyone asks, the stuff I already have were given to me. I'm trying to earn some high grade things myself now.)

Also, if I change my avatar do I get to change back to the default one? I'm getting attached to the minimalist look and I don't want to lose it forever.

And is it possibe to put swf files into a dragon's bio? It would be nice to pretty up the description with some interactive quality.

Thanks for your help!
Yo, I'm still figuring out FR here so sorry if these are stupid questions.

Are there other efficient ways of making lots of treasure?
I'm trying Coliseum but it's taking a while to save up for an Eliminate and levelling in general. I just don't want to end up abusing Shock Switch for hours on end if there are better ways to make mad moolah.

(And in case anyone asks, the stuff I already have were given to me. I'm trying to earn some high grade things myself now.)

Also, if I change my avatar do I get to change back to the default one? I'm getting attached to the minimalist look and I don't want to lose it forever.

And is it possibe to put swf files into a dragon's bio? It would be nice to pretty up the description with some interactive quality.

Thanks for your help!
@minus
There are multiple ways-
Leveling+exalting fodder
Breeding dragons and selling hatchlings
Flipping (buy hatchling(s) for cheap, wait until they're/it's an adult, and resell for about 2x profit.)
Snipe dragons (hit f5 rhytmically on a saved search with the "adult, treasure only" tags until you see one posted for lower than the lowest price (ex. Regular price is 6.4kt and one is priced at 4kt), then resell for regular price. This will usually net you around 1-2kt profit per dragon.
Fairgrounds
Baldwin (make materials or genes and sell them)

If you change your avatar, you cannot remove it and will lose the default look permanently

I don't know what an SWF file is so I don't know. But I've never seen one so I highly doubt it's possible.
@minus
There are multiple ways-
Leveling+exalting fodder
Breeding dragons and selling hatchlings
Flipping (buy hatchling(s) for cheap, wait until they're/it's an adult, and resell for about 2x profit.)
Snipe dragons (hit f5 rhytmically on a saved search with the "adult, treasure only" tags until you see one posted for lower than the lowest price (ex. Regular price is 6.4kt and one is priced at 4kt), then resell for regular price. This will usually net you around 1-2kt profit per dragon.
Fairgrounds
Baldwin (make materials or genes and sell them)

If you change your avatar, you cannot remove it and will lose the default look permanently

I don't know what an SWF file is so I don't know. But I've never seen one so I highly doubt it's possible.
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@shinyumbreon
I knew I was doing something wrong. Time to invest in some lair space!

Yeah, I figured the SWF file would be too much. At least it seems GIFs work perfectly fine.

Thanks for answering! Nice name by the way!
@shinyumbreon
I knew I was doing something wrong. Time to invest in some lair space!

Yeah, I figured the SWF file would be too much. At least it seems GIFs work perfectly fine.

Thanks for answering! Nice name by the way!
@Minus

For treasure, the hatchling-flipping method is very nice and requires little except lair space. I recommend finding hatchlings that are a combination of old and cheap- the older they are, the sooner that slot is free for another one. If you sort by price descending and input a maximum, all the dragons at that maximum will be arranged from oldest to youngest. I also buy for gems- you can sell for treasure and convert back in the Items for Sale forum, and it's usually cheaper (and easier to find old ones) than buying for treasure.

Another good method for people just starting out is to use familiars. Bond every day, and (especially when you start getting to the higher-tier chests) the treasure will start piling up. A bonus is that, since you're new, any familiars you get from Bonding chests are unlikely to be duplicates, and you can get a chain reaction going.
@Minus

For treasure, the hatchling-flipping method is very nice and requires little except lair space. I recommend finding hatchlings that are a combination of old and cheap- the older they are, the sooner that slot is free for another one. If you sort by price descending and input a maximum, all the dragons at that maximum will be arranged from oldest to youngest. I also buy for gems- you can sell for treasure and convert back in the Items for Sale forum, and it's usually cheaper (and easier to find old ones) than buying for treasure.

Another good method for people just starting out is to use familiars. Bond every day, and (especially when you start getting to the higher-tier chests) the treasure will start piling up. A bonus is that, since you're new, any familiars you get from Bonding chests are unlikely to be duplicates, and you can get a chain reaction going.
windh4.png
@WyvernVenom
Ok so lair space and familiar bonding.
This definitely beats grinding Shock Switch for several hours.
Thanks a lot for the helpful answers!
@WyvernVenom
Ok so lair space and familiar bonding.
This definitely beats grinding Shock Switch for several hours.
Thanks a lot for the helpful answers!
If art is something you like to do then you can open up an art shop! I'd do a price check on your art through the Creative Forums, and snoop around other art shops to see the price ranges ' V ' @Minus
If art is something you like to do then you can open up an art shop! I'd do a price check on your art through the Creative Forums, and snoop around other art shops to see the price ranges ' V ' @Minus
o007-d01-Amorah.pngo007-d02-Amorah.pngo007-d03-Amorah.pngo007-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d01-Amorah.pngs064-d02-Amorah.pngs064-d03-Amorah.pngs064-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d05-Amorah.pngs064-d06-Amorah.pngs064-d07-Amorah.pngs064-d08-Amorah.pngs064-d09-Amorah.pngs064-d10-Amorah.pngs075-d01-Amorah.pngs075-d02-Amorah.pngs075-d03-Amorah.pngs075-d04-Amorah.pngs075-d05-Amorah.pngs075-d06-Amorah.pngo007-d05-Amorah.png
ADb9Vnz.png
@Amorah
Great idea! I did ponder about making an art shop but didn't know how to price it.
I should probably make some samples before posting in the Creative Forums.
Thank you for the suggestion!
@Amorah
Great idea! I did ponder about making an art shop but didn't know how to price it.
I should probably make some samples before posting in the Creative Forums.
Thank you for the suggestion!
@Minus

Since you mentioned to someone that you don't know how to price your art, I can help...somewhat.
I'll just throw in the rates below.

This is for money to gems:
$1:100g

This is for gems to treasures, BUT this is up to you imo. Since the gem to treasure ratio changes often. But if I were to own an art shop, this would be my ratio.

1g:1000t
or
1g:950t

This is just a guideline, you don't have to do those exact numbers :^)

@Minus

Since you mentioned to someone that you don't know how to price your art, I can help...somewhat.
I'll just throw in the rates below.

This is for money to gems:
$1:100g

This is for gems to treasures, BUT this is up to you imo. Since the gem to treasure ratio changes often. But if I were to own an art shop, this would be my ratio.

1g:1000t
or
1g:950t

This is just a guideline, you don't have to do those exact numbers :^)

@Imani
I did some snooping around and it does appear the rates fluctuate a lot. This is very helpful though, thank you!
I hope you don't mind if I steal these numbers. :3c
@Imani
I did some snooping around and it does appear the rates fluctuate a lot. This is very helpful though, thank you!
I hope you don't mind if I steal these numbers. :3c