Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Type Advantage and Party Building
1 2 3 4 5 6
@ClawsThatCatch

It depends on where you are and what you have. Since each venue has different odds for encountering each element it's suggested that for general grinding you can use what you like (ideally 3 different elements) but for trainers (Ruins, Mire, Kelp Beds) you follow the guides for elements. If you only have 3 L25 dragons you'll want a mix of elements and probably a 129 STR build. It's not the best/fastest for exalting but it gets the job done. It is better for grinding, however.
@ClawsThatCatch

It depends on where you are and what you have. Since each venue has different odds for encountering each element it's suggested that for general grinding you can use what you like (ideally 3 different elements) but for trainers (Ruins, Mire, Kelp Beds) you follow the guides for elements. If you only have 3 L25 dragons you'll want a mix of elements and probably a 129 STR build. It's not the best/fastest for exalting but it gets the job done. It is better for grinding, however.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind thank you, that helps! I'll probably have a grinding team and then 1-2 exalt trainers. Yes I'm starting this from scratch haha oops. So basically it doesn't SUPER matter what matters is 3 different elements and that those elements compliment each other. Thats it?
@Nightwind thank you, that helps! I'll probably have a grinding team and then 1-2 exalt trainers. Yes I'm starting this from scratch haha oops. So basically it doesn't SUPER matter what matters is 3 different elements and that those elements compliment each other. Thats it?
iLa7XQZ.png
Time spent amongst trees is never wasted time.

tumblr_inline_o0txwexaVY1tqyuge_250.png
S0upYuW.png71MmSto.pngrh5IpZ0.png
@ClawsThatCatch

Pretty much. The general consensus is Plague is a good one to have in most venues and if you want to run a mage you should avoid Earth, Arcane and Light if you want to use the big elemental attack.

Earth: Status effect for Fossilize reduces damage done to target under its effect by 80%.
Arcane: Enfeeble's status effect is bugged and does the least amount of damage.
Light: Enamor's status effect is bugged.

If you're only using them to heal/rally/haste then a mage can be any element. I still suggest any other element as the status effects are useful when successful (additional damage taken or slowed/frozen enemies).

For specialized exalt trainers, it's best to level them up as a grind team with your grind team; you really only need 2 grinders (129 STR) if you add one of your trainers to the mix later when grinding (be sure to keep track of which is which because trainers builds do less damage).

So...pick a Water (Ruins) or Arcane (Mire) and two other elements to level together (fastest) or if you've already got a pair of L25s you could level the team to 9 or so and then level them up together through the venues. The last is my personal preference if I'm going for speed and a team I know I'll stone.

Have fun!
@ClawsThatCatch

Pretty much. The general consensus is Plague is a good one to have in most venues and if you want to run a mage you should avoid Earth, Arcane and Light if you want to use the big elemental attack.

Earth: Status effect for Fossilize reduces damage done to target under its effect by 80%.
Arcane: Enfeeble's status effect is bugged and does the least amount of damage.
Light: Enamor's status effect is bugged.

If you're only using them to heal/rally/haste then a mage can be any element. I still suggest any other element as the status effects are useful when successful (additional damage taken or slowed/frozen enemies).

For specialized exalt trainers, it's best to level them up as a grind team with your grind team; you really only need 2 grinders (129 STR) if you add one of your trainers to the mix later when grinding (be sure to keep track of which is which because trainers builds do less damage).

So...pick a Water (Ruins) or Arcane (Mire) and two other elements to level together (fastest) or if you've already got a pair of L25s you could level the team to 9 or so and then level them up together through the venues. The last is my personal preference if I'm going for speed and a team I know I'll stone.

Have fun!

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind is a mage really needed?? I thought it was ok not to have one
@Nightwind is a mage really needed?? I thought it was ok not to have one
iLa7XQZ.png
Time spent amongst trees is never wasted time.

tumblr_inline_o0txwexaVY1tqyuge_250.png
S0upYuW.png71MmSto.pngrh5IpZ0.png
@ClawsThatCatch

For every venue except the Golem's Workshop, a mage will slow you down and isn't necessary. For the GW, there's a few different grind builds and 2 call for mages and 2 do not. I just put in general mage info in case you want to try it.
@ClawsThatCatch

For every venue except the Golem's Workshop, a mage will slow you down and isn't necessary. For the GW, there's a few different grind builds and 2 call for mages and 2 do not. I just put in general mage info in case you want to try it.

@Tsunamiscale @mPhish
@Tsunamiscale @mPhish
jt3PpxV.png
Currently looking for:
avocado/aqua/sable male, preferably with nature eyes
Abyss and Copper XXX Veils
@StarstruckBunny
Super helpful :')
@StarstruckBunny
Super helpful :')
This is really helpful but I'm bit confused in choosing my third dragon.

Currently I have two lvl 10 Mirror Arcanes and 1 lvl 8 Plague in training.

According to the guide:
Arcane is good with Lightning, Shadow & Light but weak against Nature, Earth, Wind.
While Plague is good with Shadow, Nature & Wind but weak against Light, Ice, Fire.

That means I got Lightning, Shadow, Light, Nature & Wind covered which leave only Ice, Fire, Water, Arcane, Earth, Plague.

Should I even consider Arcane & Plague as weakness even through I already own them?
Then which should be my third dragon as I plan to Exalt my Female Mirror soon.

This is really helpful but I'm bit confused in choosing my third dragon.

Currently I have two lvl 10 Mirror Arcanes and 1 lvl 8 Plague in training.

According to the guide:
Arcane is good with Lightning, Shadow & Light but weak against Nature, Earth, Wind.
While Plague is good with Shadow, Nature & Wind but weak against Light, Ice, Fire.

That means I got Lightning, Shadow, Light, Nature & Wind covered which leave only Ice, Fire, Water, Arcane, Earth, Plague.

Should I even consider Arcane & Plague as weakness even through I already own them?
Then which should be my third dragon as I plan to Exalt my Female Mirror soon.

hUlt3ix.png
@MinaClaws Quick answers: No. There's no need to consider Arcane/Plague as weaknesses as they will be neutral against those elements. Mostly, it depends on what you'd like your team to do. Questions to ask yourself: How much time will be spent in what venues simply grinding away for festival currency or drops? How much time will be spent leveling up dragons for exalting? If it's a lot, do I want a specialized build that trains faster but isn't quite as efficient for general grinding? Finally, how many dragons do you intend to level to 25? Bare minimum, specialized builds, every dragon in your lair... Next, consider that you will get no treasure for exalting Aniko or Acnalogia (they are both progens--the first two dragons you started with). They will also not count for dominance. If you're going to be training up exalts a lot, you'll probably want to keep both your progens for that. A Mire Flyer build (designed for leveling 2 exalts at a time by itself in the Mire) is ideally an Arcane dragon and it will need a [item=tincture of dissolution] to reach the desired stats. The second would be part of a typical grind team (either the 129 or 133 STR builds). If you don't have an attachment to them, feel free to exalt to get space in your lair. For only a grinding team with minimal exalting you won't need to worry about elemental weakness/strengths much. A trio of L25s is overpowered for the venues and bosses we have now (although changes to the coli could upset this) except the Golem's Workshop. For more information about coli teams, builds and what the current elemental suggestions are for the higher level venues, check out this thread: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/help/1941737/1 Good luck!
@MinaClaws

Quick answers: No. There's no need to consider Arcane/Plague as weaknesses as they will be neutral against those elements.

Mostly, it depends on what you'd like your team to do. Questions to ask yourself:

How much time will be spent in what venues simply grinding away for festival currency or drops?

How much time will be spent leveling up dragons for exalting? If it's a lot, do I want a specialized build that trains faster but isn't quite as efficient for general grinding?

Finally, how many dragons do you intend to level to 25? Bare minimum, specialized builds, every dragon in your lair...

Next, consider that you will get no treasure for exalting Aniko or Acnalogia (they are both progens--the first two dragons you started with). They will also not count for dominance.

If you're going to be training up exalts a lot, you'll probably want to keep both your progens for that. A Mire Flyer build (designed for leveling 2 exalts at a time by itself in the Mire) is ideally an Arcane dragon and it will need a Tincture of Dissolution to reach the desired stats. The second would be part of a typical grind team (either the 129 or 133 STR builds).

If you don't have an attachment to them, feel free to exalt to get space in your lair.

For only a grinding team with minimal exalting you won't need to worry about elemental weakness/strengths much. A trio of L25s is overpowered for the venues and bosses we have now (although changes to the coli could upset this) except the Golem's Workshop.

For more information about coli teams, builds and what the current elemental suggestions are for the higher level venues, check out this thread:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/help/1941737/1

Good luck!

Thank you for the info!
Thank you for the info!
hUlt3ix.png
1 2 3 4 5 6