Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | XXX YXY etc explained. (answered)
I'm new, which is my excuse :)

I know it has to do with dragon color, what I don't get is why it is such a big deal, and why it makes a dragon way up there in price.

In fact I really don't understand dragon pricing at all, so any advice on that would be welcomed.

liek for example:

I've seen XXX dragons going for 200k but if you do a search in the AH you can find another dragon just like it for 4,000-7,000... what and why?

so confused now.
I'm new, which is my excuse :)

I know it has to do with dragon color, what I don't get is why it is such a big deal, and why it makes a dragon way up there in price.

In fact I really don't understand dragon pricing at all, so any advice on that would be welcomed.

liek for example:

I've seen XXX dragons going for 200k but if you do a search in the AH you can find another dragon just like it for 4,000-7,000... what and why?

so confused now.
tumblr_inline_nm3gqhG6rQ1qmu9vp_540.png
@anneke
There can be a number of reasons.

Hatcheries
Gene rarity
Matching eyes
Not bred
Certain breed
Etc.

As for advice, color is everything because everything else can be tailored to your desired breed and genes. Colors cannot be changed individually, so once a color is there, you can't change it without risking ruining your dragon.
Genes are important too though, popular genes are sure to sell better than unpopular genes.
Similarly with genes, popular colors tend to sell better than unpopular colors- but the thing is, all three (or at least the first two) have to look nice together, otherwise the dragon is fodder.
@anneke
There can be a number of reasons.

Hatcheries
Gene rarity
Matching eyes
Not bred
Certain breed
Etc.

As for advice, color is everything because everything else can be tailored to your desired breed and genes. Colors cannot be changed individually, so once a color is there, you can't change it without risking ruining your dragon.
Genes are important too though, popular genes are sure to sell better than unpopular genes.
Similarly with genes, popular colors tend to sell better than unpopular colors- but the thing is, all three (or at least the first two) have to look nice together, otherwise the dragon is fodder.
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@Anneke

Dragons with two or more of the same color are just considered valuable, and dragons with all the same colors are worth even more. Why it's like that, I don't know, but it probably has to do with the astonishingly low chance of it happening through a regular breeding that isn't from a specially selected pair that is meant to produce dragons like that.

As for the AH, it's probably just because the player felt like doing it. The AH prices are determined by player, and the seller probably thought that they could make some serious dough by selling their XXX hatchlings for cheap. And well, there are always players who overprice everything, the 200k XXX was probably a case of the player getting greedy, or they typed in too many zeroes on accident. Also, breeders on the forums tend to charge more for their hatchlings than people do on the AH, even if the dragons are exactly the same.
@Anneke

Dragons with two or more of the same color are just considered valuable, and dragons with all the same colors are worth even more. Why it's like that, I don't know, but it probably has to do with the astonishingly low chance of it happening through a regular breeding that isn't from a specially selected pair that is meant to produce dragons like that.

As for the AH, it's probably just because the player felt like doing it. The AH prices are determined by player, and the seller probably thought that they could make some serious dough by selling their XXX hatchlings for cheap. And well, there are always players who overprice everything, the 200k XXX was probably a case of the player getting greedy, or they typed in too many zeroes on accident. Also, breeders on the forums tend to charge more for their hatchlings than people do on the AH, even if the dragons are exactly the same.
@Shinyumbreon @NightAssassin

thank you both, your answers are really helpful. I suppose for now, I am in the all dragaons are so pretty stage. Perhaps later will getting geneing and breeding.

Thanks!
@Shinyumbreon @NightAssassin

thank you both, your answers are really helpful. I suppose for now, I am in the all dragaons are so pretty stage. Perhaps later will getting geneing and breeding.

Thanks!
tumblr_inline_nm3gqhG6rQ1qmu9vp_540.png