Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Tiny Little Questions
1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 3169 3170
@GladeSong

Nope. It doesn't notify.

They could figure it out by going to send on again, because it shows the add friend request lit up (without the 'pending' note at the bottom).
@GladeSong

Nope. It doesn't notify.

They could figure it out by going to send on again, because it shows the add friend request lit up (without the 'pending' note at the bottom).
@Reitgerte Thanks for the info.
@Reitgerte Thanks for the info.
@Reitgerte True, but thats a lot less confrontational than a rejection alert. Thanks for your help!
@Reitgerte True, but thats a lot less confrontational than a rejection alert. Thanks for your help!
Is one of the admins/mods named "Spook"? I never saw them before, but it won't let me name one of my dragons that...

Why'd they disallow that anyways? It's not like you could look up a dragon on search and a mod/admin would come up or vice versa... :\
Is one of the admins/mods named "Spook"? I never saw them before, but it won't let me name one of my dragons that...

Why'd they disallow that anyways? It's not like you could look up a dragon on search and a mod/admin would come up or vice versa... :\
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
@WolfTears
I do not see any moderators/admins named "Spook" and using the User Search did not turn up any users with that name either.

I believe it may be disallowed due to the profanity filter? (Poo? :P) Or did you have a space and/or another character in the value field when you were attempting to name? I have not seen a dragon name rejected because it is the same as an Administrator or Moderator clan name.
@WolfTears
I do not see any moderators/admins named "Spook" and using the User Search did not turn up any users with that name either.

I believe it may be disallowed due to the profanity filter? (Poo? :P) Or did you have a space and/or another character in the value field when you were attempting to name? I have not seen a dragon name rejected because it is the same as an Administrator or Moderator clan name.
Hello! :) If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
@Lune
Really? Pfft, well that's a pretty silly thing to filter. I mean one of the characters from one of my favorite video games was named "Poo" and he was a prince. XD While it was probably meant to be a funny pun, it is actually a pretty widely used name in China. (Or was anyways, I don't know about now.)

Also, I saw just a short while ago someone talking about how you couldn't name your dragons after admins and moderators, but maybe they were mistaken?

In any case... Do you think you guys could remove the filter on Spook? I can only imagine how many people have wanted to use Spooky and the like for their Halloween-ish dragons like me. XD'
@Lune
Really? Pfft, well that's a pretty silly thing to filter. I mean one of the characters from one of my favorite video games was named "Poo" and he was a prince. XD While it was probably meant to be a funny pun, it is actually a pretty widely used name in China. (Or was anyways, I don't know about now.)

Also, I saw just a short while ago someone talking about how you couldn't name your dragons after admins and moderators, but maybe they were mistaken?

In any case... Do you think you guys could remove the filter on Spook? I can only imagine how many people have wanted to use Spooky and the like for their Halloween-ish dragons like me. XD'
@Wolftears

'Spook' is probably not going to be removed. Spooky is an allowed name, but 'Spook' has history as a racial slur and is unlikely to be removed from the filter list.
@Wolftears

'Spook' is probably not going to be removed. Spooky is an allowed name, but 'Spook' has history as a racial slur and is unlikely to be removed from the filter list.
@Reitgerte

Wait, what? That was like hundreds of years ago, I'm surprised anyone even remembers it, I had to look it up to even see what it meant. O.o It's a name that's been used for like ever and ever for pets and even on cartoons. My aunt has a cat named Spook. There's even a children's book about a cat named Spook. If Spooky (and anything similar) is allowed then that's just plain weird...
@Reitgerte

Wait, what? That was like hundreds of years ago, I'm surprised anyone even remembers it, I had to look it up to even see what it meant. O.o It's a name that's been used for like ever and ever for pets and even on cartoons. My aunt has a cat named Spook. There's even a children's book about a cat named Spook. If Spooky (and anything similar) is allowed then that's just plain weird...
@Wolftears

Not sure if you were purposefully exaggerating, but it's use as a racial slur was pretty prominent in the 50s. Archie Bunker used it in 'all in the family' in a pretty derogatory way. That doesn't mean the word can't be used in a non-derogatory way, but I can understand why the admins would choose to put it on a filter list to avoid any hurt feelings or confusion.
@Wolftears

Not sure if you were purposefully exaggerating, but it's use as a racial slur was pretty prominent in the 50s. Archie Bunker used it in 'all in the family' in a pretty derogatory way. That doesn't mean the word can't be used in a non-derogatory way, but I can understand why the admins would choose to put it on a filter list to avoid any hurt feelings or confusion.
@Wolftears

Not hundreds of years ago, try about twenty (or last Wednesday depending on where you are relative to the Mason-Dixon line). Plenty of people remember it and what it was used for. While it isn't the most inflammatory word out there, outside of the verb usage ("to spook a horse") there's no reason to uncensor it. It's not a nice word, even when used for pets and cartoons.

Anyways...

This thread http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=bug&id=983222&p=mb mentions that levels in gathering cap at 20. Do you still get items when you use the search function at that level? I'm nervous, seeing as how I'm Lv 17 in Hunting, and that's going poor enough as it is.
@Wolftears

Not hundreds of years ago, try about twenty (or last Wednesday depending on where you are relative to the Mason-Dixon line). Plenty of people remember it and what it was used for. While it isn't the most inflammatory word out there, outside of the verb usage ("to spook a horse") there's no reason to uncensor it. It's not a nice word, even when used for pets and cartoons.

Anyways...

This thread http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=bug&id=983222&p=mb mentions that levels in gathering cap at 20. Do you still get items when you use the search function at that level? I'm nervous, seeing as how I'm Lv 17 in Hunting, and that's going poor enough as it is.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 3169 3170