Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Tiny Little Questions
1 2 ... 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 ... 3192 3193
How do you make a Ping List and how does it work?
How do you make a Ping List and how does it work?
-Artshop-
bGrcZ1J.png
@ColorfulShadows a pinglist is just a list of users who want to be notified for something. for example if you have a hatchery with a few different pairs of dragons that you breed, someone might like to be pinged for when a certain pairing has a nest.

they can be hosted in a forum post (usually looking something like @/NAME, since the slash breaks the ping so it doesn't alert them unnecessarily), or somewhere offsite such as Google Docs/Sheets. with the latter, you can even make a pinglist that other users can edit, so they can add/remove their own names without you having to do anything (though this means vandalism is a possibility).

if you have something to ping the list of people for, then you copy+paste the names into a new post, make sure the @ is in front of each one, explain what you're pinging them for, and submit to send them all an alert. c:
@ColorfulShadows a pinglist is just a list of users who want to be notified for something. for example if you have a hatchery with a few different pairs of dragons that you breed, someone might like to be pinged for when a certain pairing has a nest.

they can be hosted in a forum post (usually looking something like @/NAME, since the slash breaks the ping so it doesn't alert them unnecessarily), or somewhere offsite such as Google Docs/Sheets. with the latter, you can even make a pinglist that other users can edit, so they can add/remove their own names without you having to do anything (though this means vandalism is a possibility).

if you have something to ping the list of people for, then you copy+paste the names into a new post, make sure the @ is in front of each one, explain what you're pinging them for, and submit to send them all an alert. c:
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@After thanks!
@After thanks!
-Artshop-
bGrcZ1J.png
What does it mean to bump something? Or when others bump your post?
What does it mean to bump something? Or when others bump your post?
-Artshop-
bGrcZ1J.png
@ColorfulShadows

Bumping is when you keep a thread at the top of a forum by posting content-less replies. It's used keep your sales/trade/raffle/etc threads visible and it's only allowed on those forums
@ColorfulShadows

Bumping is when you keep a thread at the top of a forum by posting content-less replies. It's used keep your sales/trade/raffle/etc threads visible and it's only allowed on those forums
hWsjkHE.png
I kinda knew that,but what if someone else bumps your post?
I kinda knew that,but what if someone else bumps your post?
-Artshop-
bGrcZ1J.png
@ColorfulShadows

People sometimes show their support by bumping other's threads. Do you have more specific context in mind?

Also please ping me when answering
@ColorfulShadows

People sometimes show their support by bumping other's threads. Do you have more specific context in mind?

Also please ping me when answering
hWsjkHE.png
A few questions regarding vistas, the thing I adore the most.

1. What is that limited vista that looks like a shield, is silver and has a light colored rainbow going through it called? Along with the comic book one, the cloudy looking one, the dark plague looking one, and so on with all of the older looking vistas. I aspire to collect every vista.

2. How many vistas exists and are on the AH, Swipp, ect?

A few questions regarding vistas, the thing I adore the most.

1. What is that limited vista that looks like a shield, is silver and has a light colored rainbow going through it called? Along with the comic book one, the cloudy looking one, the dark plague looking one, and so on with all of the older looking vistas. I aspire to collect every vista.

2. How many vistas exists and are on the AH, Swipp, ect?

CFFUclk.png ---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
{100 Generations Challenge}
c4a5xZL.png
@ribbonz

Check out Forumsdackel's Vista Guide.
@ribbonz

Check out Forumsdackel's Vista Guide.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind

Ah, thank you so much!
@Nightwind

Ah, thank you so much!
CFFUclk.png ---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
{100 Generations Challenge}
c4a5xZL.png
1 2 ... 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 ... 3192 3193