Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The Pride Alliance
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17
It isn't that I entirely mind the label, it is just that a lot of people assume because there is an LGB before my T that I must be a "queer." I hate that word entirely and was taught not to say it as a young child. In my home, that word is as bad as racial slurs. I am straight as can be, I just don't have the body I was born to. It doesn't make me any less straight, and it certainly doesn't make me less intelligent or qualified; as is common thought in my area. People are shunned here for being suspected of being gay, because of very strong skewed religious views that makes people think associating with gay people makes you go to hell. It also is not safe in many areas to be as open. The west and north have done a fabulous job, not so much in the southeast of America. We still have people killed here for the color of their skin constantly. I fear for people that are open here. I had an Uncle get stabbed to death coming out of a gay bar purely for being gay. Other places have advanced far beyond. I love going to Arizona because of how wonderful and open people are there.

It is pretty amazing that there hasn't been a basher yet in this thread. This community is fabulous when it comes to caring for one another. I have never seen one like it.

I have never heard about the "unique snowflake" thing. Huh. Certainly not where I was going with that. xD
It isn't that I entirely mind the label, it is just that a lot of people assume because there is an LGB before my T that I must be a "queer." I hate that word entirely and was taught not to say it as a young child. In my home, that word is as bad as racial slurs. I am straight as can be, I just don't have the body I was born to. It doesn't make me any less straight, and it certainly doesn't make me less intelligent or qualified; as is common thought in my area. People are shunned here for being suspected of being gay, because of very strong skewed religious views that makes people think associating with gay people makes you go to hell. It also is not safe in many areas to be as open. The west and north have done a fabulous job, not so much in the southeast of America. We still have people killed here for the color of their skin constantly. I fear for people that are open here. I had an Uncle get stabbed to death coming out of a gay bar purely for being gay. Other places have advanced far beyond. I love going to Arizona because of how wonderful and open people are there.

It is pretty amazing that there hasn't been a basher yet in this thread. This community is fabulous when it comes to caring for one another. I have never seen one like it.

I have never heard about the "unique snowflake" thing. Huh. Certainly not where I was going with that. xD
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro2_250.gif ZEknoG3.pngtumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro4_250.gif
@Jrethel Just wait until the site gets big.
@Jrethel Just wait until the site gets big.
phke_zpsfbf77644.png
@Casandraelf

If getting big makes the caring stop, then I hope growth never comes. :[
@Casandraelf

If getting big makes the caring stop, then I hope growth never comes. :[
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro2_250.gif ZEknoG3.pngtumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro4_250.gif
@Jrethel

The owners seem very big on keeping this site as friendly as it can be, I'm sure if any homophobic or transphobic people rear their heads, they'll be given the boot quick enough.

Heck, I've seen members shouting down people that are being homophobic, so that's also amazing to see.
@Jrethel

The owners seem very big on keeping this site as friendly as it can be, I'm sure if any homophobic or transphobic people rear their heads, they'll be given the boot quick enough.

Heck, I've seen members shouting down people that are being homophobic, so that's also amazing to see.
im agender and polyamorous/demisexual panromantic and in all honestly i know nothing about rupaul or the show
just wanted to pitch in i guess, since 2 of my buds have replied already (shoutouts @Dualscar @Meulin)
im agender and polyamorous/demisexual panromantic and in all honestly i know nothing about rupaul or the show
just wanted to pitch in i guess, since 2 of my buds have replied already (shoutouts @Dualscar @Meulin)
34787.png ........................ c a t i o n
```````````````````````````````````````
naenia ~ ne/nem ~ FR+3

5hF3FGk.png
loimysO.png

@Redglare yo man
@Redglare yo man
holler yo
if i remember correctly though my other friend was way into rupauls drag race for like a few months?? or something and she wanted me to watch it
being the Great Awesome Show Watcher i am i never did though and she hasnt blogged/talked about the show since
holler yo
if i remember correctly though my other friend was way into rupauls drag race for like a few months?? or something and she wanted me to watch it
being the Great Awesome Show Watcher i am i never did though and she hasnt blogged/talked about the show since
34787.png ........................ c a t i o n
```````````````````````````````````````
naenia ~ ne/nem ~ FR+3

5hF3FGk.png
loimysO.png

@Redglare You can watch seasons 2-5 on Logo's website right now.
@Redglare You can watch seasons 2-5 on Logo's website right now.
phke_zpsfbf77644.png
Okay seriously how many more troll ancestors are we going to get in here

Well okay probably 9 now that I say it >_>
Okay seriously how many more troll ancestors are we going to get in here

Well okay probably 9 now that I say it >_>
The lofty pine is oftenest shaken by the winds; High towers fall with a heavier crash; And the lightning strikes the highest mountain.
@Path

wwe are evverywwhere
@Path

wwe are evverywwhere
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17