Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | ♥ Weekly Song Sharing (hiatus)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 29 30
Would it be self-absorbed of me to include OCs as a favorite character? I just end up hyperfixating on my own OCs like an absolute nerd, but I promise I have favorite characters from other actual media too lol

For Your Entertainment - Adam Lambert (Mettaton from Undertale)

Play With Fire - Sam Tinnesz (Vhaqtana (Blorbo from My Brain))

Lavender Town (Orchestral Arrangement) - Vanitas (Gengar and Banette from Pokemon)

Darkness Settles In - Five Finger Death Punch (Formidinem (Blorbo from My Brain #2))

Reign of the Dark - Adrian von Ziegler (Thanatos from Hades)
Would it be self-absorbed of me to include OCs as a favorite character? I just end up hyperfixating on my own OCs like an absolute nerd, but I promise I have favorite characters from other actual media too lol

For Your Entertainment - Adam Lambert (Mettaton from Undertale)

Play With Fire - Sam Tinnesz (Vhaqtana (Blorbo from My Brain))

Lavender Town (Orchestral Arrangement) - Vanitas (Gengar and Banette from Pokemon)

Darkness Settles In - Five Finger Death Punch (Formidinem (Blorbo from My Brain #2))

Reign of the Dark - Adrian von Ziegler (Thanatos from Hades)
9s8wmF5.png z6OgJbN.png
iuEBSJ3.png
OETsgJU.png
Pgv53XB.png
2VtxnMX.png
oaolHwW.png
Al1BEGR.png
cdqdRxL.png
ll0CfnD.png
3M48cU6.png
image.png
oNrZjs5.png
8GgdVkW.png
image.png
PQqYbln.png
gP8rZcU.png Note for forum games: I have dragons in both my main den and hibernal den!
@Dragonqueen1215

i offer you a song for piers that i think may fit him as well lmao - I can't wait for that aong you picked for him btw if its covering what i think it is

scrawny by wallows

@DAYAX0N

YESSSS not only arcane but also digital circus those are my favs right there!
i haven't encountered that song you picked for jinx in so long i think you just unlocked a childhood memory of mind (i had unsupervised access to the Internet lmao)

@Verruciformis

sad machine is SUCH A BANGER and i am so glad someone put it on this thread it still gives me chills when i listen to it

@Maushold

SAMMMEED TBH when i usually create characters most likely for a new story or to be apart of an already existing story and whenever i start the process or when the time comes i will zero in on that one character like nothing else exisits - also if you have a pic I'd love to sketch them! trying to make time for art again
@Dragonqueen1215

i offer you a song for piers that i think may fit him as well lmao - I can't wait for that aong you picked for him btw if its covering what i think it is

scrawny by wallows

@DAYAX0N

YESSSS not only arcane but also digital circus those are my favs right there!
i haven't encountered that song you picked for jinx in so long i think you just unlocked a childhood memory of mind (i had unsupervised access to the Internet lmao)

@Verruciformis

sad machine is SUCH A BANGER and i am so glad someone put it on this thread it still gives me chills when i listen to it

@Maushold

SAMMMEED TBH when i usually create characters most likely for a new story or to be apart of an already existing story and whenever i start the process or when the time comes i will zero in on that one character like nothing else exisits - also if you have a pic I'd love to sketch them! trying to make time for art again

nvlVFtD.png

oooooh i got here at the perfect time it seems :3 i LOVE assigning songs to characters and i've got a few good ones as of late!! not all for the same character though, i like variety :]

- Predation and Non-predation - iyowa (for Pal from Playtime with Percy; i JUST figured out that this song got a solid translation on the wiki i frequent after waiting for SO LONG and it's SO PERFECT)
- [flashing lights in mv] Heraherari - meddmia (for Dalloc from Library of Ruina)
- A suspicious phone call - r-906 (for Broker from PHIGHTING!)
- Ambivalent - eve (for Taranza from Kirby Triple Deluxe)
- [eyestrain? the mv is just pure red] Red Light - usushioshisuu (for 2BDamned from Madness Combat)

i have like. Way more. but i tried to keep it to one character and one artist each
oooooh i got here at the perfect time it seems :3 i LOVE assigning songs to characters and i've got a few good ones as of late!! not all for the same character though, i like variety :]

- Predation and Non-predation - iyowa (for Pal from Playtime with Percy; i JUST figured out that this song got a solid translation on the wiki i frequent after waiting for SO LONG and it's SO PERFECT)
- [flashing lights in mv] Heraherari - meddmia (for Dalloc from Library of Ruina)
- A suspicious phone call - r-906 (for Broker from PHIGHTING!)
- Ambivalent - eve (for Taranza from Kirby Triple Deluxe)
- [eyestrain? the mv is just pure red] Red Light - usushioshisuu (for 2BDamned from Madness Combat)

i have like. Way more. but i tried to keep it to one character and one artist each
I'm such a sucker for making character playlists I must admit,,, so I will share some of my favorite tunes I associate with the Soldier of Team Fortress 2 (one of my all-time favorite characters to think about for days on end lol)

Fulton County Jane Doe - Brandi Carlile: this song is mostly headcanon territory but I think it fits Soldier's character very well... I've always found him to be kind of tragic in that he doesn't remember anything about his past, including his name

Knuckles the Dog who Helps People - Final Market: The lead singer sounds very similar to Soldier's VA, but aside from that the song's subject and tone fits him very well imo

Bandages - Mutoid Man:
Another very headcanon-based song haha. Also one time I redrew the album cover as two Soldiers which was kind of funny.

If You Want to Be a Bird/Wild Blue Yonder - The Holy Modal Rounders: Makes me think about rocket jumping and incorporates some patriotic imagery. Pretty self-explanatory.

Soldier Boy - The Shirelles: Very fitting for the time period of TF2, and yeah I just think it's pretty self explanatory with the title and all :) I think Soldier is neat.

Anyways that's enough rambling about random video game characters from 2007 lol
I'm such a sucker for making character playlists I must admit,,, so I will share some of my favorite tunes I associate with the Soldier of Team Fortress 2 (one of my all-time favorite characters to think about for days on end lol)

Fulton County Jane Doe - Brandi Carlile: this song is mostly headcanon territory but I think it fits Soldier's character very well... I've always found him to be kind of tragic in that he doesn't remember anything about his past, including his name

Knuckles the Dog who Helps People - Final Market: The lead singer sounds very similar to Soldier's VA, but aside from that the song's subject and tone fits him very well imo

Bandages - Mutoid Man:
Another very headcanon-based song haha. Also one time I redrew the album cover as two Soldiers which was kind of funny.

If You Want to Be a Bird/Wild Blue Yonder - The Holy Modal Rounders: Makes me think about rocket jumping and incorporates some patriotic imagery. Pretty self-explanatory.

Soldier Boy - The Shirelles: Very fitting for the time period of TF2, and yeah I just think it's pretty self explanatory with the title and all :) I think Soldier is neat.

Anyways that's enough rambling about random video game characters from 2007 lol
cDDSaqc.png
character songs... i have a lot of obsessions so here we go!

The Sealed-Away Youkai - Touhou 17.5 OST
[Regulus - Reverse: 1999]
I find Regulus to be very fun and silly... I think this song's upbeat and tropical vibes fit her character well! It's one of my favorite songs from Touhou 17.5 too, it's such a nice song to bop to!

Junjo Arumeria - Shinra-Bansho
[Sanya - PAFL Series]
The new song for PAFL has got me obsessed with these characters again... Sanya is a personal favorite of mine. This song doesn't fit too much, but I feel like it fits pretty well enough!

Uchuu no Kanzume - namigroove
[Lacey - PKMN]
I don't actually know about Lacey that much considering the DLC isn't out yet as I'm typing this, but I've been really anticipating seeing her in it, I really love her design... this song is just based off of the vibes she gives off c:

Lemming Ming - Kairiki Bear
[Mochizuki Honami - Project Sekai]
Mayyybeee the lyrics and overall song are a bit aggressive, but I find that some of the lyrics fit her very well with her original friendships in the main story! I think I'm a bit far off on the interpretations of this song tho, I picked this one on a whim lol

Ave Mujica - Ave Mujica (the name of the song is the same as the band... trust me on this lol)
[Sophia + literally everyone from Abyssmare - D4DJ]
I just love how charismatic everyone is in Abyssmare... I think this song perfectly encapsulates the emphasis of "bringing your listener into your world" kind of vibe that Abyssmare uses. I put "Sophia + literally everyone from Abyssmare" because I personally like her the most, but everyone else is fun too :3c

i would add some songs that fit my original characters but i honestly don't feel like trying to find songs that fit them. i'm really tired today lol.
also sorry my music taste was developed in the bottommost pits of hell
character songs... i have a lot of obsessions so here we go!

The Sealed-Away Youkai - Touhou 17.5 OST
[Regulus - Reverse: 1999]
I find Regulus to be very fun and silly... I think this song's upbeat and tropical vibes fit her character well! It's one of my favorite songs from Touhou 17.5 too, it's such a nice song to bop to!

Junjo Arumeria - Shinra-Bansho
[Sanya - PAFL Series]
The new song for PAFL has got me obsessed with these characters again... Sanya is a personal favorite of mine. This song doesn't fit too much, but I feel like it fits pretty well enough!

Uchuu no Kanzume - namigroove
[Lacey - PKMN]
I don't actually know about Lacey that much considering the DLC isn't out yet as I'm typing this, but I've been really anticipating seeing her in it, I really love her design... this song is just based off of the vibes she gives off c:

Lemming Ming - Kairiki Bear
[Mochizuki Honami - Project Sekai]
Mayyybeee the lyrics and overall song are a bit aggressive, but I find that some of the lyrics fit her very well with her original friendships in the main story! I think I'm a bit far off on the interpretations of this song tho, I picked this one on a whim lol

Ave Mujica - Ave Mujica (the name of the song is the same as the band... trust me on this lol)
[Sophia + literally everyone from Abyssmare - D4DJ]
I just love how charismatic everyone is in Abyssmare... I think this song perfectly encapsulates the emphasis of "bringing your listener into your world" kind of vibe that Abyssmare uses. I put "Sophia + literally everyone from Abyssmare" because I personally like her the most, but everyone else is fun too :3c

i would add some songs that fit my original characters but i honestly don't feel like trying to find songs that fit them. i'm really tired today lol.
also sorry my music taste was developed in the bottommost pits of hell
sUnbkMB.png fE0vSYy.png
XmHV7tO.png
mlHpBMC.png
YMPbu9R.png
[center]@pinglist-3077[/center] [left] this week's theme is gonna be fun! you gotta love a good character appreciation playlist i saw so many good ones!! and i also saw people doing songs for various characters so i thought I'd do the same! Because same honestly if anyone here has a hatchery and they would be interested in having a new affiliate i just opened my own [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/3287564/1#post_3287564]hatchery[/url] shoot me a message! [center] [size=6][font=Courier New] [b][emoji=familiar heart size=1] Fav Character[i](s)[/i] [/b] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/kSqPGcQ.jpg[/img] [nextcol] [size=5][b]Gold from Pokemon Special Manga[/b] [sub] (highly recommend to pokemon fans ) [/sub] [b] The Rockafeller [/b] - Fatboy Slim [url=https://open.spotify.com/track/5vfhsKmvC0QxbAWbn4AhPZ?si=cf08f657e7a74434][emoji=music notes size=1][/url] [b] Ruler of Everything Otamatone Cover [/b] - TheRealSullyG [url=https://open.spotify.com/track/60sUPrMYBHJz9lG6clmyMx?si=b17548bcadb248c9][emoji=music notes size=1][/url] [/columns] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/MNqgVAh.jpg[/img] [nextcol] [size=5][b]Sadie from Red Dead Redemption 2 [/b] [b] Shut Eye [/b] - Stealing Sheep [url=https://open.spotify.com/track/1z8ODWfNArWNAJ8yUqUR0w?si=3cd9d572740b4d48][emoji=music notes size=1][/url] [b] Gun In My Hand [/b] - Dorothy [url=https://open.spotify.com/track/52gbcP8Uumg34r2hxv24n1?si=c71dc19890504a66][emoji=music notes size=1][/url] [sub] I have once again found my love for this song [/sub][/columns] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/U1Tn8VH.jpg[/img] [nextcol] [size=5]Gonna throw in one of my own characters in here :) this is Eden he was so mad about dying he just didn't [b] Satin In A Coffin [/b] - Modest Mouse [url=https://open.spotify.com/track/604fgWYaIUfr9UtBe9bj1p?si=29b34facf84b4e72][emoji=music notes size=1][/url] [b] Choke [/b] - I DON'T HOW THEY FOUND ME BUT THEY FOUND ME [url=https://open.spotify.com/track/37mfTcSlX60JtAvAETytGs?si=d5536a7b6ce1460a][emoji=music notes size=1][/url] [/columns] ------------ [b][url=https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3nukP5J9GkRrZ05QTUWDht?si=T3med1_6Sx-kxvLpvO6ifA&pi=u-RyIYHq8cRPi_] Thread Playlist [/url] [emoji=sunglasses 2 size=1] Honorable Mentions! [/b] [url=https://open.spotify.com/track/6PjgiuQUxxlAtoKGh6ofzC?si=376d7281e5574126][emoji=familiar heart size=1][/url] I'm The Slime - Frank Zappa, The Mothers [url=https://open.spotify.com/track/1linrfCmITmQHs4enAxTUY?si=b287ab613c2747b2][emoji=familiar heart size=1][/url] Welcome To The Circus - Five Finger Death Punch [url=https://open.spotify.com/track/4WXFDVe299Po8ih6Np54n2?si=417a92d833ee4e4c][emoji=familiar heart size=1][/url] Wolf In Sheep's Clothing - Set It Off [sub] (got goosebumps!!! had to add it to the last characters playlist was to gooooddd - @Maushold) [/sub] [/size][/font] [/left] ------------ [center] [b] This Weeks Theme Is... [/b] [emoji=scroll 2 size=1] [i] Goosebumps Inducing [/i] [/center]

this week's theme is gonna be fun! you gotta love a good character appreciation playlist

i saw so many good ones!!
and i also saw people doing songs for various characters so i thought I'd do the same! Because same honestly

if anyone here has a hatchery and they would be interested in having a new affiliate i just opened my own hatchery
shoot me a message!

Fav Character(s)

kSqPGcQ.jpg Gold from Pokemon Special Manga
(highly recommend to pokemon fans )

The Rockafeller - Fatboy Slim

Ruler of Everything Otamatone Cover - TheRealSullyG
MNqgVAh.jpg Sadie from Red Dead Redemption 2

Shut Eye - Stealing Sheep

Gun In My Hand - Dorothy
I have once again found my love for this song

U1Tn8VH.jpg Gonna throw in one of my own characters in here :)

this is Eden he was so mad about dying he just didn't

Satin In A Coffin - Modest Mouse

Choke - I DON'T HOW THEY FOUND ME BUT THEY FOUND ME

Thread Playlist

Honorable Mentions!

I'm The Slime - Frank Zappa, The Mothers

Welcome To The Circus - Five Finger Death Punch

Wolf In Sheep's Clothing - Set It Off
(got goosebumps!!! had to add it to the last characters playlist was to gooooddd - @Maushold)

This Weeks Theme Is...

Goosebumps Inducing

nvlVFtD.png

Ahhhhhh I got so caught up in dom stuff last week that I didn't have time to answer the prompt! But here's [url=https://open.spotify.com/playlist/32dwKqTKv9wGUbzlbSkVnL]this playlist[/url] I made- it's dedicated to the entire Arcane Flight [emoji=aether happy size=1], if that can count as character-song-adjacent. I suppose I could single out a few for Spacedad himself: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU5LeGr_kVw]Isle Unto Thyself (demo version) - Miracle Musical[/url] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bXr9OXr79c]Across the Night Sky - Adeodat Warfield[/url] (Side note: I'm working on more and will post them once they've hit at least 30 songs per playlist. Here are the [url=https://open.spotify.com/playlist/44xIJp1WqY4SYtf7BcWvgI]Lightning[/url] and [url=https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3VVuQKasiHfIM6xw3aKwBB]Shadow[/url] ones!)
Ahhhhhh I got so caught up in dom stuff last week that I didn't have time to answer the prompt! But here's this playlist I made- it's dedicated to the entire Arcane Flight , if that can count as character-song-adjacent. I suppose I could single out a few for Spacedad himself:

Isle Unto Thyself (demo version) - Miracle Musical
Across the Night Sky - Adeodat Warfield

(Side note: I'm working on more and will post them once they've hit at least 30 songs per playlist. Here are the Lightning and Shadow ones!)

zqDx8gm.png
I love a song that gives you chills :)

"The Shrine/An Argument - Fleet Foxes" : This song will always have that very grand feeling to it for me, I love the progression, how it leads up and then breaks into chaos.

"England Made Me - Black Box Recorder" : Another song with very cool progression; the parts when the instrumentals cut out or begin abruptly go hard!

"The Joke - Brandi Carlile" : The message and lyrics are very touching in this song, but oh my goodness Carlile's singing just makes the song everything. I love how dramatic this song is and the vocals really sell it.
I love a song that gives you chills :)

"The Shrine/An Argument - Fleet Foxes" : This song will always have that very grand feeling to it for me, I love the progression, how it leads up and then breaks into chaos.

"England Made Me - Black Box Recorder" : Another song with very cool progression; the parts when the instrumentals cut out or begin abruptly go hard!

"The Joke - Brandi Carlile" : The message and lyrics are very touching in this song, but oh my goodness Carlile's singing just makes the song everything. I love how dramatic this song is and the vocals really sell it.
cDDSaqc.png
This isn't a list of five songs, but I... ah... kind of made a playlist dedicated to a villain named Albert Wesker. To be more specific, it's more of a Wesker/Listener playlist that I made since I'm RPing as him with one of my friends. Anyway, here it is.

Hope you like Witch House!
This isn't a list of five songs, but I... ah... kind of made a playlist dedicated to a villain named Albert Wesker. To be more specific, it's more of a Wesker/Listener playlist that I made since I'm RPing as him with one of my friends. Anyway, here it is.

Hope you like Witch House!
cSckuMi.png BqIFphl.png
OOOOH OH I LOVE SPOOKY SONGS

Along Came a Spider - Tesco Value | i feel like it goes without saying why this song gives me goosebumps if you've ever heard it. the spookiest parts to me are the childrens' voices in the background and the fact that the lyrics are pretty difficult to understand.

Brutus - The Buttress | this song is such an absolute banger... i think the thing that makes it stand out most to me as a creepy song is the way Buttress does her vocals. they feel almost chantlike, and they become more and more frenzied and desperate as the song continues.
OOOOH OH I LOVE SPOOKY SONGS

Along Came a Spider - Tesco Value | i feel like it goes without saying why this song gives me goosebumps if you've ever heard it. the spookiest parts to me are the childrens' voices in the background and the fact that the lyrics are pretty difficult to understand.

Brutus - The Buttress | this song is such an absolute banger... i think the thing that makes it stand out most to me as a creepy song is the way Buttress does her vocals. they feel almost chantlike, and they become more and more frenzied and desperate as the song continues.
eESLWsA.gif finn + blurr | he/they/it | 15
neurodivergent (please use tonetags!)
i'll make this look nicer eventually.
it's a zero, NOT an O!
hatchery
art shop
skin shop
wishlist
ezgif-4-9f981b15fe.gif
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 29 30