Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | ♥ Weekly Song Sharing
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
Count me in on the pinglist! Here's my spooky selection (spoiler alert, spooky music isn't my thing but I tried my best to find stuff that fits [emoji=aether tongue size=1]) 1. Rest in Peace by Darren Criss 2. Swinging Wake by Xavier Atencio & Buddy Baker (instrumental) 3. Sweet Dreams (VIP) by Borgore & Wodd 4. Burn Out by Johnny Goth 5. Hush by One True God & Draicoh Edit: My favorite song I've listened to by far is The Poet And The Muse by Alan Wake! Thank you @Xionahri for the suggestion <33
Count me in on the pinglist! Here's my spooky selection (spoiler alert, spooky music isn't my thing but I tried my best to find stuff that fits )

1. Rest in Peace by Darren Criss
2. Swinging Wake by Xavier Atencio & Buddy Baker (instrumental)
3. Sweet Dreams (VIP) by Borgore & Wodd
4. Burn Out by Johnny Goth
5. Hush by One True God & Draicoh

Edit: My favorite song I've listened to by far is The Poet And The Muse by Alan Wake! Thank you @Xionahri for the suggestion <33
CpFdYgG.png
7TxHh19.png
NlmYDAS.png
xCVbB5p.png
Please ping me on forum posts
I’d love to be in the pinglist!

Spooky Songs (a mix of “fun” spooky and some more melancholy/thoughtful stuff):

- Devil Town by Cavetown
- Howl by Florence + The Machine
- In The Woods Somewhere by Hozier
- The Working Dead from Steven Universe OST
- Ghost Synth from Stardew Valley OST
I’d love to be in the pinglist!

Spooky Songs (a mix of “fun” spooky and some more melancholy/thoughtful stuff):

- Devil Town by Cavetown
- Howl by Florence + The Machine
- In The Woods Somewhere by Hozier
- The Working Dead from Steven Universe OST
- Ghost Synth from Stardew Valley OST
oJK1fXV.png
I think a pinglist would be great!

Here are my 5 Halloween picks. First three are heavy and atmospheric, next two are more upbeat:

Elegia - New Order
The Black Dog Runs at Night - Angelo Badalamenti, David Lynch
Sermon - Ed Schrader's Music Beat
Man With the Hex - Atomic Fireballs
Houdini Crush - Buke & Gase
I think a pinglist would be great!

Here are my 5 Halloween picks. First three are heavy and atmospheric, next two are more upbeat:

Elegia - New Order
The Black Dog Runs at Night - Angelo Badalamenti, David Lynch
Sermon - Ed Schrader's Music Beat
Man With the Hex - Atomic Fireballs
Houdini Crush - Buke & Gase
zqDx8gm.png mysticmeat.gif
Oopd, I still still need to listen to most of past week's songs. Expect a review from me either on Sunday or Monday.

@VibinFrogFolk

Sure, I'd love a ping list. I like pings.

And now, spooky time. Oddly enough, the following suggestions also fit with last week's prompt. There's just so much good spooky music in games. And even better: None of the following are horror games.

Furnace, by Petri Alanko (Control)
Shadow Temple, by Koji Kondo (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Unown Radio, by Junichi Masuda (Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal)
Lullaby of Woe, by Marcin Przyby?owicz (The Witcher 3)
Rocket Intermission 5, by Toru Minegishi (Splatoon 3)

Edit: FR apparently doesn't like one character in the name of the Witcher 3 composer.
Oopd, I still still need to listen to most of past week's songs. Expect a review from me either on Sunday or Monday.

@VibinFrogFolk

Sure, I'd love a ping list. I like pings.

And now, spooky time. Oddly enough, the following suggestions also fit with last week's prompt. There's just so much good spooky music in games. And even better: None of the following are horror games.

Furnace, by Petri Alanko (Control)
Shadow Temple, by Koji Kondo (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Unown Radio, by Junichi Masuda (Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal)
Lullaby of Woe, by Marcin Przyby?owicz (The Witcher 3)
Rocket Intermission 5, by Toru Minegishi (Splatoon 3)

Edit: FR apparently doesn't like one character in the name of the Witcher 3 composer.
Happy spooky month, everyone! Here are some spooky songs for y’all.

1. Dusk Forest — Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky

2. Lurking in the Shadows — Club Penguin

3. Old Chateau — Pokémon Diamond and Pearl

4. Music Disc 13 — Minecraft

5. I Saw Something Again… — Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
Happy spooky month, everyone! Here are some spooky songs for y’all.

1. Dusk Forest — Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky

2. Lurking in the Shadows — Club Penguin

3. Old Chateau — Pokémon Diamond and Pearl

4. Music Disc 13 — Minecraft

5. I Saw Something Again… — Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
[center] Happy to see everyone is enjoying the thread enough to say yes to the pinglist!! If you ever want to be added just shoot me a message or post here, I may also message but if you don't want to be for your own reasons I will not take it personally no worries! I see alot of people like to go with the theme so I will probably start announcing next weeks theme early so everyone has the time to think about their playlists! That being said you absolutely do not have to do the theme of the week I will still be putting everyone's suggestions in my special playlist to listen to on shuffle! [emoji=music notes size=1] [b] Next Week's Theme Will Be: [/b] Your Favorite Genre Changed it - thought of something better. Since we are all new here and swapping music I think a good theme would be a playlist of your fav songs from your favorite genre. Or just your favorite songs at the moment! My favorite genre is alternative, among various sub categories so I'll try to have a bit of everything in there [/center] ------------- @Sielle @DriftingDreams @Xionahri @MysticMeat

Happy to see everyone is enjoying the thread enough to say yes to the pinglist!!

If you ever want to be added just shoot me a message or post here, I may also message but if you don't want to be for your own reasons I will not take it personally no worries!

I see alot of people like to go with the theme so I will probably start announcing next weeks theme early so everyone has the time to think about their playlists! That being said you absolutely do not have to do the theme of the week I will still be putting everyone's suggestions in my special playlist to listen to on shuffle!

Next Week's Theme Will Be:
Your Favorite Genre

Changed it - thought of something better. Since we are all new here and swapping music I think a good theme would be a playlist of your fav songs from your favorite genre. Or just your favorite songs at the moment!

My favorite genre is alternative, among various sub categories so I'll try to have a bit of everything in there

@Sielle @DriftingDreams @Xionahri @MysticMeat

nvlVFtD.png

r2QANTY.png
I'll like to join the pinglist ^^

I don't listen to many spooky songs, but I have a few horror themed/adjacent songs in my playlist

Mushroom by Enna Alouette & keiki
Unrequited Love and He Who Sleeps Beneath by Steampianist
Slaughterhous Princess by Billy Cobb ft. Virtual Bird
Who? by Azari
Changgwi by Ahn Ye Eun, Cover by Singeyo
I'll like to join the pinglist ^^

I don't listen to many spooky songs, but I have a few horror themed/adjacent songs in my playlist

Mushroom by Enna Alouette & keiki
Unrequited Love and He Who Sleeps Beneath by Steampianist
Slaughterhous Princess by Billy Cobb ft. Virtual Bird
Who? by Azari
Changgwi by Ahn Ye Eun, Cover by Singeyo
Serena/Awk | FR+0
Humanoid Art Thread
i'd like to be on the pinglist!

...does vocaloid count as a genre? i mean, vocaloid songs can be just about any genre, what unites them is just the fact that they use vocal synths. but for the sake of this post, i'm counting it as a genre.

1. Golden Number - Iyowa (warning for flashing lights and images)
2. For dear life - Nilfruits/Niru Kajitsu (warning for flashing lights and images)
3. Rinri No Hitsugi/Casket of Morality/EthicalCoffin - ive (warning for flashing lights and images, also the mv's a bit creepy so watch at your own discretion)
4. True Therapy - HiiragiKirai (warning for glitch effects and some flashing)
5. Musunde Hiraite Rasetsu to Mukuro/Open and Close, Demons and the Dead - Hachi (warning for flashing lights and images, again the mv for this one's a bit creepy so watch at your own discretion)
i'd like to be on the pinglist!

...does vocaloid count as a genre? i mean, vocaloid songs can be just about any genre, what unites them is just the fact that they use vocal synths. but for the sake of this post, i'm counting it as a genre.

1. Golden Number - Iyowa (warning for flashing lights and images)
2. For dear life - Nilfruits/Niru Kajitsu (warning for flashing lights and images)
3. Rinri No Hitsugi/Casket of Morality/EthicalCoffin - ive (warning for flashing lights and images, also the mv's a bit creepy so watch at your own discretion)
4. True Therapy - HiiragiKirai (warning for glitch effects and some flashing)
5. Musunde Hiraite Rasetsu to Mukuro/Open and Close, Demons and the Dead - Hachi (warning for flashing lights and images, again the mv for this one's a bit creepy so watch at your own discretion)
they/he, fr+15
forum game frequenter
Alright, as I said I'm late to the party, but here's my favourites upon first impression from last week.
I say 'first impression', because for many songs, I will have to listen to them at some löater to truely appreciate them. You know how it is. Sometimes you find a favourite by letting an okay song sit for a while and then relisten to it.
I'll also try to avoid songs I've regularly listened to before, but those will get a shoutout. In this case, yes, Cuphead and Over the Garden Wall are so good. Great soundtracks, as a whole. Absolutely deserve their spot in this thread.
Lastly, I'll try to limit myself to three standouts. Again, there's a good chance I liked much more here, and even more at a later point, but for the sake of brevity, let's put a limit in there. It's not a hard limit, I might go above it in the future, but we'll see about that when it happens.

Without further ado, last week (with that I mean everthing in and between two active prompt posts of VibinFrogFolk):

Pathological Facade. It's a bop. There are several bops here, but this is by far the boppiest to me. I like its energy.

ELSE I: I've never played Rainworld, so I'm just going by vibes here. To me it sounds mythical, almost reverent. But at the same time, there is some melancoly to it, as well as a mild hint of something spooky. It's all a very neat combination.

Islands Beneath the Sea: Didn't play much of Subnautica, but this immediately encapsulates what the game is. The song is heavy on the spooky vibe, but not so much of a specific threat as it hints at the unknown. And then, it changes. It turns into something awe-inspiring. Despite all the potential dangers, there's wonder and beauty down there. It wouldn't be an adventure without the good and the bad.

Now, looking forward to my next listening and review session. I do love some spooky stuff. Thanks everyone for participating, I love this thread.
Alright, as I said I'm late to the party, but here's my favourites upon first impression from last week.
I say 'first impression', because for many songs, I will have to listen to them at some löater to truely appreciate them. You know how it is. Sometimes you find a favourite by letting an okay song sit for a while and then relisten to it.
I'll also try to avoid songs I've regularly listened to before, but those will get a shoutout. In this case, yes, Cuphead and Over the Garden Wall are so good. Great soundtracks, as a whole. Absolutely deserve their spot in this thread.
Lastly, I'll try to limit myself to three standouts. Again, there's a good chance I liked much more here, and even more at a later point, but for the sake of brevity, let's put a limit in there. It's not a hard limit, I might go above it in the future, but we'll see about that when it happens.

Without further ado, last week (with that I mean everthing in and between two active prompt posts of VibinFrogFolk):

Pathological Facade. It's a bop. There are several bops here, but this is by far the boppiest to me. I like its energy.

ELSE I: I've never played Rainworld, so I'm just going by vibes here. To me it sounds mythical, almost reverent. But at the same time, there is some melancoly to it, as well as a mild hint of something spooky. It's all a very neat combination.

Islands Beneath the Sea: Didn't play much of Subnautica, but this immediately encapsulates what the game is. The song is heavy on the spooky vibe, but not so much of a specific threat as it hints at the unknown. And then, it changes. It turns into something awe-inspiring. Despite all the potential dangers, there's wonder and beauty down there. It wouldn't be an adventure without the good and the bad.

Now, looking forward to my next listening and review session. I do love some spooky stuff. Thanks everyone for participating, I love this thread.
Here is my (somewhat) spooky list!

1) Frankenstein - Rina Sawayama (Pop rock. "The track revolves around 'the idea of someone putting me back on my feet when I'm broken,' she said. 'I am in pieces, before being recomposed by a person who reassembles the parts. It's a very human and realistic experience, of rebuilding, of creating a new me.'")
https://youtu.be/hP7ttJ4UAFc?si=hE4pyKpPPRD94KTa

2) Cassandra - Florence + The Machine (Pop rock/alternative, also based on Greek mythology! ”Cassandra[…]suffers from the fact that although she knows the future, no one believes her prophecies. I used it as a metaphor[…]planning albums and tours has determined my entire adult life so far. As a result, I always knew what would happen in the next few months, sometimes years. With the onset of the pandemic, I suddenly couldn’t foresee anything. I had not the slightest idea what the future would look like. The prophetic spirit of my songs had left me, I was fishing in the clouds. As if the gods had deprived me of my gift.”)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhEHhNxkYMo

3) Akasaka Sad - Rina Sawayama (Trip-hop/trap, not traditionally spooky. But I think the production design and lyrics give it an eerie feeling. "It’s a very non-descript hotel, but I choose to stay there rather than at my family home because I feel freer. I always hope that Tokyo will make me feel happier but it doesn’t, and the song is about how depression follows you around wherever you go.")
https://youtu.be/XSl239RQ_mc?si=pn4skdeUlw2K9Tb_

4) Lux Aeterna - Clint Mansell, Kronos Quartet, Requiem for a Dream OST (Instrumental)
https://youtu.be/oJ9WoojeTZw?si=ZUHMACCdThekoKwZ

5) Adelaide's Trap - The Blasting Company, Over the Garden Wall OST (Instrumental)
https://youtu.be/iB-IilDRz8k?si=XKSHpkK5IzRxFYb7

May I be added to the pinglist? :)

Here is my (somewhat) spooky list!

1) Frankenstein - Rina Sawayama (Pop rock. "The track revolves around 'the idea of someone putting me back on my feet when I'm broken,' she said. 'I am in pieces, before being recomposed by a person who reassembles the parts. It's a very human and realistic experience, of rebuilding, of creating a new me.'")
https://youtu.be/hP7ttJ4UAFc?si=hE4pyKpPPRD94KTa

2) Cassandra - Florence + The Machine (Pop rock/alternative, also based on Greek mythology! ”Cassandra[…]suffers from the fact that although she knows the future, no one believes her prophecies. I used it as a metaphor[…]planning albums and tours has determined my entire adult life so far. As a result, I always knew what would happen in the next few months, sometimes years. With the onset of the pandemic, I suddenly couldn’t foresee anything. I had not the slightest idea what the future would look like. The prophetic spirit of my songs had left me, I was fishing in the clouds. As if the gods had deprived me of my gift.”)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhEHhNxkYMo

3) Akasaka Sad - Rina Sawayama (Trip-hop/trap, not traditionally spooky. But I think the production design and lyrics give it an eerie feeling. "It’s a very non-descript hotel, but I choose to stay there rather than at my family home because I feel freer. I always hope that Tokyo will make me feel happier but it doesn’t, and the song is about how depression follows you around wherever you go.")
https://youtu.be/XSl239RQ_mc?si=pn4skdeUlw2K9Tb_

4) Lux Aeterna - Clint Mansell, Kronos Quartet, Requiem for a Dream OST (Instrumental)
https://youtu.be/oJ9WoojeTZw?si=ZUHMACCdThekoKwZ

5) Adelaide's Trap - The Blasting Company, Over the Garden Wall OST (Instrumental)
https://youtu.be/iB-IilDRz8k?si=XKSHpkK5IzRxFYb7

May I be added to the pinglist? :)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29