Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Baldur's Gate 3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@ScipioAfricanus Out of interest, what difficulty were you playing on and which subclass of sorcerer? Draconic Bloodline gives them a respectable amount of beef, but you do lose out on the ability to fly which the Storm subclass offers (albeit a decent way in). I only ask as I did the same as you on my first playthrough, Dark Urge Dragonborn Sorcerer, and didn't find that Act III fight difficult - rather, it was kinda scary! Though I made a bad choice in Act II and was rewarded for something I didn't intend to do, so that may have helped.

I've been on a little break from BG3 with all the hotfixes and such rolling in, I'm at the mercy of modders staying on top of things :')~ I miss my precious pale elf though.
@ScipioAfricanus Out of interest, what difficulty were you playing on and which subclass of sorcerer? Draconic Bloodline gives them a respectable amount of beef, but you do lose out on the ability to fly which the Storm subclass offers (albeit a decent way in). I only ask as I did the same as you on my first playthrough, Dark Urge Dragonborn Sorcerer, and didn't find that Act III fight difficult - rather, it was kinda scary! Though I made a bad choice in Act II and was rewarded for something I didn't intend to do, so that may have helped.

I've been on a little break from BG3 with all the hotfixes and such rolling in, I'm at the mercy of modders staying on top of things :')~ I miss my precious pale elf though.
WKtl2lb.pngYMPbu9R.pngBS4vqBB.png
Old Dragon Enjoyer
[quote name="Khraylen" date="2024-03-01 17:20:46" ] @ScipioAfricanus Out of interest, what difficulty were you playing on and which subclass of sorcerer? Draconic Bloodline gives them a respectable amount of beef, but you do lose out on the ability to fly which the Storm subclass offers (albeit a decent way in). I only ask as I did the same as you on my first playthrough, Dark Urge Dragonborn Sorcerer, and didn't find that Act III fight difficult - rather, it was kinda scary! Though I made a bad choice in Act II and was rewarded for something I didn't intend to do, so that may have helped. I've been on a little break from BG3 with all the hotfixes and such rolling in, I'm at the mercy of modders staying on top of things :')~ I miss my precious pale elf though. [/quote] Medium. To be fair, the issue was really that I never rolled first in initiative (and didn't have the materials for that potion that gives you an initiative bonus), so the boss was able to just one-shot me before I could do anything every time. Once I lowered the difficulty and actually survived a turn, I one-shotted her in turn. I was also going Storm sorcerer.
Khraylen wrote on 2024-03-01 17:20:46:

Medium. To be fair, the issue was really that I never rolled first in initiative (and didn't have the materials for that potion that gives you an initiative bonus), so the boss was able to just one-shot me before I could do anything every time. Once I lowered the difficulty and actually survived a turn, I one-shotted her in turn. I was also going Storm sorcerer.
Ahhhh, yeah. The low-roll initiative really hurts, especially there. But hey, you beat her and that's the main thing! Sweet revenge >:)
Ahhhh, yeah. The low-roll initiative really hurts, especially there. But hey, you beat her and that's the main thing! Sweet revenge >:)
WKtl2lb.pngYMPbu9R.pngBS4vqBB.png
Old Dragon Enjoyer
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10