Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Do you like the horror genre?
1 2 3 4 5
I looove horror. I saw Nope last week and already preordered it haha

Nothing fazes me at this point, so when something DOES actually get me (that one scene in Hereditary, HOOO BOY i did not see that coming) or does something different (Ari Aster/Jordan Peele in general) I lose my mind, in a good way, over it.

The Thing 80s version is my all-time favorite. I love the effects. I love all horror but something about 80s classics and Stephen King films really just hit the spot for me
I looove horror. I saw Nope last week and already preordered it haha

Nothing fazes me at this point, so when something DOES actually get me (that one scene in Hereditary, HOOO BOY i did not see that coming) or does something different (Ari Aster/Jordan Peele in general) I lose my mind, in a good way, over it.

The Thing 80s version is my all-time favorite. I love the effects. I love all horror but something about 80s classics and Stephen King films really just hit the spot for me
16453.png16479.png16477.png16454.png
NOTE: my username is quinceLy, not quincy/quincey --- den/lair cleanout!!
I do enjoy horror in many mediums (books, manga, comics, podcasts, anime) but for some reason I cannot watch horror movies. They always scare me. I think it's a combination of the ambient music and the jumpscares. Horror games are on a thin line of enjoyment, but generally watching people play horror games is pleasant enough. I also like writing horror stories!
I do enjoy horror in many mediums (books, manga, comics, podcasts, anime) but for some reason I cannot watch horror movies. They always scare me. I think it's a combination of the ambient music and the jumpscares. Horror games are on a thin line of enjoyment, but generally watching people play horror games is pleasant enough. I also like writing horror stories!
z0HlerP.png tumblr_otoz8r9aVl1v8lm95o4_r1_100.gif they/he | wishlist
Love horror! Had horrible anxiety when I was younger and started using horror as a way to control it and ended up genuinely enjoying the genre as a whole - through many different mediums. I absolutely adore horror movies no, from modern to slashers to classics! Anything at all from Halloween to The Conjuring to Annihilation to Nope. In literature I've really liked a lot of the classics aka Steven King, Shirley Jackson, Interview with the Vampire (does that count lol), Ray Bradbury's horror stuff, Frankenstein - and newer stuff too, like The Other Black Girl, Anna Dressed in Blood, and Revenge.

I love horror podcasts (shoutout to The Magnus Archives, NoSleep, How I Died, See You in Your Nightmares, and Malevolent!), horror games both indie and AAA (especially stuff like ib, Yume Nikki, Witch's House, Resident Evil, Dead by Daylight, and Phasmophobia), and even 'horrorcore' music like the Silver Scream albums.

Overall it's just a very diverse genre and I think it's super fascinating to see how wide of a range it spans and how people use the medium to craft stories and ask questions.
Love horror! Had horrible anxiety when I was younger and started using horror as a way to control it and ended up genuinely enjoying the genre as a whole - through many different mediums. I absolutely adore horror movies no, from modern to slashers to classics! Anything at all from Halloween to The Conjuring to Annihilation to Nope. In literature I've really liked a lot of the classics aka Steven King, Shirley Jackson, Interview with the Vampire (does that count lol), Ray Bradbury's horror stuff, Frankenstein - and newer stuff too, like The Other Black Girl, Anna Dressed in Blood, and Revenge.

I love horror podcasts (shoutout to The Magnus Archives, NoSleep, How I Died, See You in Your Nightmares, and Malevolent!), horror games both indie and AAA (especially stuff like ib, Yume Nikki, Witch's House, Resident Evil, Dead by Daylight, and Phasmophobia), and even 'horrorcore' music like the Silver Scream albums.

Overall it's just a very diverse genre and I think it's super fascinating to see how wide of a range it spans and how people use the medium to craft stories and ask questions.
USSWq.gif
...the cold reclaims.

FR +0 || 20s || sometimes an artist
Finally back from my long hiatus

ice.gif
No

But then again that's because I'm easily scared

so

uh

YEAH
No

But then again that's because I'm easily scared

so

uh

YEAH
fireflower.png StarlightDragon7
> Wishlist
> Progen Lineage
> Clan Lore (wip)
> Art dumpster
> Flourish and bloom. And stay determined.
muK7GRQ.png
It's pretty rare for me to enjoy stuff that can be mainly defined as "horror". I kind of like psychological horror in a lot of cases, but stuff that's scary just because of lots of gore, gross stuff, and/or jumpscares doesn't appeal to me.

Even then, I still can't go too scary.
It's pretty rare for me to enjoy stuff that can be mainly defined as "horror". I kind of like psychological horror in a lot of cases, but stuff that's scary just because of lots of gore, gross stuff, and/or jumpscares doesn't appeal to me.

Even then, I still can't go too scary.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
Yes! Currently obsessed with analog horror and some games on the side
Yes! Currently obsessed with analog horror and some games on the side
VIO_edit.gif
no to most modern things, I watched something viscerally upsetting at like 11 years old and haven't watched any since.

I do like older stuff, like pet sematary age, but anything younger than 2005 is a no-no
no to most modern things, I watched something viscerally upsetting at like 11 years old and haven't watched any since.

I do like older stuff, like pet sematary age, but anything younger than 2005 is a no-no
vQBibnc.png
xypY4d5.png
TVHy8Pj.png
WmdW2o4.png2-Krondar-542341.pngc6d5AbQ.png
Ut9RRot.png
k3PfQGk.png
Sj6j121.png
fg6G1CJ.png
i LOVE horror! especially horror where the Real Jumpscares are scary hallways with mood lighting and ambient noises lol but im also a sucker for that iconic cheesy horror flick with bad cgi. it can be so fun and so terrifying at the same time. i love it when horror tricks you into scaring yourself rather then using generic scary stuff and movies dont really get to me anymore but horror games... no matter how cheesy or downright bad... will always terrify me. what do you mean if i walk around the corner a MONSTER could be there!!!!!! closing the game out of fear every time
i LOVE horror! especially horror where the Real Jumpscares are scary hallways with mood lighting and ambient noises lol but im also a sucker for that iconic cheesy horror flick with bad cgi. it can be so fun and so terrifying at the same time. i love it when horror tricks you into scaring yourself rather then using generic scary stuff and movies dont really get to me anymore but horror games... no matter how cheesy or downright bad... will always terrify me. what do you mean if i walk around the corner a MONSTER could be there!!!!!! closing the game out of fear every time
I love love love horror of all kinds! I was kind of addicted to the fear that they'd create in me when I was younger. Now horror movies of any kind don't scare me, but I have an anxiety disorder instead. Weeee. :D Lol.

My first horror movie was technically Tremors when I was like, 4. But I also saw Resident Evil when I was some age under 5. (My parents put me to bed but I snuck back out and hid behind a chair) I was just obsessed with horror. I read a ton of RL Stine books when I was younger, and kept going deeper and deeper into gnarlier movies. I remember doing a Saw marathon in highschool, and that was it for me. Nothing in media is scary anymore. I miss that feeling. Thrillers can still get my anticipation going, and dramas can still move me to tears, but I no longer can feel that "I am legitimately in danger and cannot look" emotion anymore. Instead I just feel a general sense of anxiety at basically all times. Lmao, shoulda expected that.

edit: OH WAIT how could I forget video games. I cannot play horror video games. Too scary. This is hilarious to remember after typing the above. Having to actually walk through totally dark areas when I know there are monsters around is tooooo scary. I played Phantasmagoria on VR about a year ago and it was like I was 10 in a high quality haunted house again. Terror! So, no Outlast for me, but I did really love The Last of Us games. I guess they could count as horror? Zombies in that definitely had me screaming. Video games are magic.
I love love love horror of all kinds! I was kind of addicted to the fear that they'd create in me when I was younger. Now horror movies of any kind don't scare me, but I have an anxiety disorder instead. Weeee. :D Lol.

My first horror movie was technically Tremors when I was like, 4. But I also saw Resident Evil when I was some age under 5. (My parents put me to bed but I snuck back out and hid behind a chair) I was just obsessed with horror. I read a ton of RL Stine books when I was younger, and kept going deeper and deeper into gnarlier movies. I remember doing a Saw marathon in highschool, and that was it for me. Nothing in media is scary anymore. I miss that feeling. Thrillers can still get my anticipation going, and dramas can still move me to tears, but I no longer can feel that "I am legitimately in danger and cannot look" emotion anymore. Instead I just feel a general sense of anxiety at basically all times. Lmao, shoulda expected that.

edit: OH WAIT how could I forget video games. I cannot play horror video games. Too scary. This is hilarious to remember after typing the above. Having to actually walk through totally dark areas when I know there are monsters around is tooooo scary. I played Phantasmagoria on VR about a year ago and it was like I was 10 in a high quality haunted house again. Terror! So, no Outlast for me, but I did really love The Last of Us games. I guess they could count as horror? Zombies in that definitely had me screaming. Video games are magic.
eP65k0J.png
i loooove horror!! i grew up as that kid who owned the Final Destination CDs and joined in on movie nights whenever anything remotely scary came up on filipino cable lol. i guess i craved that fear adrenaline back then, but now i rarely get scared (mfw smth as simple as bugs scare me :UGH: )

my favourites are probably slashers and psychological horror!! stuff like... midsommar i guess i dunno. i find it more fascinating when horror is mixed with symbolism (like Little Nightmares). BUT. i have a soft side for zombie apocalypse scenarios, no matter how cheesy or ridiculous it is tbh
i loooove horror!! i grew up as that kid who owned the Final Destination CDs and joined in on movie nights whenever anything remotely scary came up on filipino cable lol. i guess i craved that fear adrenaline back then, but now i rarely get scared (mfw smth as simple as bugs scare me :UGH: )

my favourites are probably slashers and psychological horror!! stuff like... midsommar i guess i dunno. i find it more fascinating when horror is mixed with symbolism (like Little Nightmares). BUT. i have a soft side for zombie apocalypse scenarios, no matter how cheesy or ridiculous it is tbh
NICO/PRINCE . HE!HIM . NINETEEN . FILIPINO
1 2 3 4 5