Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What's your favorite Pokemon, and why?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I'd like to know what your guys favorite Pokemon on is, and why. Gimme the whole spiel, n the story!

Mine is personally Absol! I remember it being the first Pokemon I really got attached to, sure, in the other games my favorites were Oshawott and the like- but the real Pokemon I felt like I bonded with was my male Absol named Luca. He was a lil spitfire. I honestly felt bad for not playing Pokemon Amie and feeding him everytime he did a good job in a battle.

I started drawing him all the time even after I finished my game. He really was my favorite for a long time, and although I misplaced my org game, everytime I happen to get another Absol now I name it after him. Lol. He was my baby.
I'd like to know what your guys favorite Pokemon on is, and why. Gimme the whole spiel, n the story!

Mine is personally Absol! I remember it being the first Pokemon I really got attached to, sure, in the other games my favorites were Oshawott and the like- but the real Pokemon I felt like I bonded with was my male Absol named Luca. He was a lil spitfire. I honestly felt bad for not playing Pokemon Amie and feeding him everytime he did a good job in a battle.

I started drawing him all the time even after I finished my game. He really was my favorite for a long time, and although I misplaced my org game, everytime I happen to get another Absol now I name it after him. Lol. He was my baby.
Mew, hands down. I've always loved it since I was a kid and there was only 151 pokemon. Idk the design is just so simple, but so good? Like who doesnt love an adorable pink cat with psychic powers? Over the years there's been some contenders for first place but none have ever really knocked mew off of #1.
Mew, hands down. I've always loved it since I was a kid and there was only 151 pokemon. Idk the design is just so simple, but so good? Like who doesnt love an adorable pink cat with psychic powers? Over the years there's been some contenders for first place but none have ever really knocked mew off of #1.
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
Mudkip!! The first time I ever played pokemon, this babe was my starter!! No matter what pokemon come, Mudkip will always be my #1!!
Mudkip!! The first time I ever played pokemon, this babe was my starter!! No matter what pokemon come, Mudkip will always be my #1!!
Hello!! I’m Sunny!! He/they please!
Absol is a REALLY good pokemon and you can't change my mind on that.

As for my favourite...probably Houndoom. First time I saw it back in the original Gold/Silver, I instantly fell in love with the design and was absolutely gutted when I found out that it was locked until you beat the E4 and went to Kanto....

After that, I made a point of breeding one and sending it over when I started a new game, but when we couldn't transfer between the old games and Ruby/Sapphire, that stopped.

Then came Colloseum, where one of the end-game Shadow Pokemon you could catch was a Houndoom I ended up naming Eclipse. Once she was purified, she became one of my most used Pokemon, training entire teams on Colloseum before enventually being transferred to the main games and all the way up to X/Y. At least one playthrough of every generation has had one of her descendents on the team.
Absol is a REALLY good pokemon and you can't change my mind on that.

As for my favourite...probably Houndoom. First time I saw it back in the original Gold/Silver, I instantly fell in love with the design and was absolutely gutted when I found out that it was locked until you beat the E4 and went to Kanto....

After that, I made a point of breeding one and sending it over when I started a new game, but when we couldn't transfer between the old games and Ruby/Sapphire, that stopped.

Then came Colloseum, where one of the end-game Shadow Pokemon you could catch was a Houndoom I ended up naming Eclipse. Once she was purified, she became one of my most used Pokemon, training entire teams on Colloseum before enventually being transferred to the main games and all the way up to X/Y. At least one playthrough of every generation has had one of her descendents on the team.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
Charizard (ye, original, i know). My first Pokémon game was teechnicallyyyy Pokken Tournament, and I picked a charizard because I thought he looked cool. I ended up getting really attached to him and named him Firestorm, a name I’ve carried over to other Pokémon games, including Pokémon GO. (He’s my ONLY best buddy and I know I could change over to stronger ones, but I play sentimentally, not strategically. He’s like my Ash’s Pikachu :)

I’ve been trying to get into the card game, but realize now my favorite Pokémon choice is screwing me over there because apparently they’re pretty sought-after cards. I’ve got a few though; I’ll just build up my charizard collection slowly
Charizard (ye, original, i know). My first Pokémon game was teechnicallyyyy Pokken Tournament, and I picked a charizard because I thought he looked cool. I ended up getting really attached to him and named him Firestorm, a name I’ve carried over to other Pokémon games, including Pokémon GO. (He’s my ONLY best buddy and I know I could change over to stronger ones, but I play sentimentally, not strategically. He’s like my Ash’s Pikachu :)

I’ve been trying to get into the card game, but realize now my favorite Pokémon choice is screwing me over there because apparently they’re pretty sought-after cards. I’ve got a few though; I’ll just build up my charizard collection slowly
unknown.png
I love Vulpix and Ninetales. But I didn't realize they were my favorite until I realized I had one on my team in every game they're available in. I'm not sure why. They're just. Good
I love Vulpix and Ninetales. But I didn't realize they were my favorite until I realized I had one on my team in every game they're available in. I'm not sure why. They're just. Good
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
Kecleon! What a goof.

Also mewtwo. Loved the first pokemon movie as a kid. So the two of them tie for favorite.
Kecleon! What a goof.

Also mewtwo. Loved the first pokemon movie as a kid. So the two of them tie for favorite.
bVVJNGR.png
In Lightning? Join VOLT Teams! Ask me about it!
It's a tie between steelix and aggron. Big snake and bipedal triceratops. Do I need more explanation on why I think they're cool? They also made me love steel type as a whole more, which is now my favourite type (not into lucario and the galar dogs, but every other steel mon is pretty neat).

They also are very metal. I'll see myself out.
It's a tie between steelix and aggron. Big snake and bipedal triceratops. Do I need more explanation on why I think they're cool? They also made me love steel type as a whole more, which is now my favourite type (not into lucario and the galar dogs, but every other steel mon is pretty neat).

They also are very metal. I'll see myself out.
Don't let the name fool you- Falinks is good, silly, and fun, but my favourite is Incineroar... specifically, the shiny.

I can't even really say why. Yes, my first shiny was a Litten I hatched and yes I've developed him into my PMD AU so he's got a lot of character in him, but that doesn't explain why I got so attatched. None of the others have had this effect, and it must run a little deeper than just 'first shiny'. Maybe I always liked the red/white combo before he made me realise it, maybe the wacky design of a buff bipedal tiger done so well kept me to him... I'm certainly not complaining, though.

When I get around to it, I'll be doing a bunch of solo challenges with him. Alredy taken on a number of Miitopia bosses (yes, Cat class), planning on slapping around SWSH's Galar league and Single Strike Urshifu. There's a bonus DLC league, I know, but I don't think you can solo that... I think it's either double or multi.
Don't let the name fool you- Falinks is good, silly, and fun, but my favourite is Incineroar... specifically, the shiny.

I can't even really say why. Yes, my first shiny was a Litten I hatched and yes I've developed him into my PMD AU so he's got a lot of character in him, but that doesn't explain why I got so attatched. None of the others have had this effect, and it must run a little deeper than just 'first shiny'. Maybe I always liked the red/white combo before he made me realise it, maybe the wacky design of a buff bipedal tiger done so well kept me to him... I'm certainly not complaining, though.

When I get around to it, I'll be doing a bunch of solo challenges with him. Alredy taken on a number of Miitopia bosses (yes, Cat class), planning on slapping around SWSH's Galar league and Single Strike Urshifu. There's a bonus DLC league, I know, but I don't think you can solo that... I think it's either double or multi.
Misdreavus. They're just wholesome ghosties.

I remember playing Pokemon Crystal as a kid and being so distraught that they were basically an end-game Pokemon. I didn't manage to actually catch one until Diamond / Pearl.
Misdreavus. They're just wholesome ghosties.

I remember playing Pokemon Crystal as a kid and being so distraught that they were basically an end-game Pokemon. I didn't manage to actually catch one until Diamond / Pearl.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10