Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Least favorite school subject?
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Sciences were actually my favorite subject. I was good at math but I didn't care too much for it. My least favorite subjects were English, and History. I feel like it's mostly due to the teachers I had, ESPECIALLY my history teachers. I did OK in English, but I feel like my history teachers never really "taught" us anything, and more like just told us to read a chapter from the text book and quizzed us on it the next day. I've learned so much more about history from youtube videos than I ever did in school.
Sciences were actually my favorite subject. I was good at math but I didn't care too much for it. My least favorite subjects were English, and History. I feel like it's mostly due to the teachers I had, ESPECIALLY my history teachers. I did OK in English, but I feel like my history teachers never really "taught" us anything, and more like just told us to read a chapter from the text book and quizzed us on it the next day. I've learned so much more about history from youtube videos than I ever did in school.
Wishlist
G1s for Sale
Fandragons
Free Vistas
AbPMzoC.png
Maths and physics
Turns out i have dyscalculia (:
Maths and physics
Turns out i have dyscalculia (:

hatchery
about
__ 65e29bae9546aec5dcd31ae358b818506e33332c.png

free coli teams 4 newbies!
old dragons 4 sale
level 25 sales
PHYSICS MY BEHATED.

The only reason I passed that class is because I was taking it when the pandemic hit, and they started giving us MAD grade curves. With most subjects I could pick up a decent understanding, even my much ired math subjects, but I didn't comprehend what was going on in physics in the slightest. I'm so glad I never have to take it again.
PHYSICS MY BEHATED.

The only reason I passed that class is because I was taking it when the pandemic hit, and they started giving us MAD grade curves. With most subjects I could pick up a decent understanding, even my much ired math subjects, but I didn't comprehend what was going on in physics in the slightest. I'm so glad I never have to take it again.
KNiDL_Star_Rod_sprite.png 7nrEOpT.png
bYt72YT.png
Zn1clbn.png
9vwqdfK.png
tyEuRXe.png
9R2Unq1.png
CeZAyqc.png
lA1sWNh.png
Collector of gen 1 aethers, imperial enjoyer, old dragon admirer, sprite/nymph adorer
KNiDL_Star_Rod_icon.png
MATH IS MY ENEMY!!!! IT HELD ME BACK SO MUCH!
MATH IS MY ENEMY!!!! IT HELD ME BACK SO MUCH!
Rbf96Oh.gif
I could've sworn I left a comment here, but funnily enough I hated History (which is funny because it is literally what I am in college to study). I loved learning about history on my own terms, I loved learning about cultures (which is more Anthropological, but I digress), but the classes never connected with me. No one really knew how to make it engaging, which I think is a huge disservice to the subject. It is rich with things to explore, research, and study, and especially in the United States I feel that it is undervalued as a subject or academic principle.

Luckily, I ended up having great APUSH and APEURO teachers, and wonderful professors!
I could've sworn I left a comment here, but funnily enough I hated History (which is funny because it is literally what I am in college to study). I loved learning about history on my own terms, I loved learning about cultures (which is more Anthropological, but I digress), but the classes never connected with me. No one really knew how to make it engaging, which I think is a huge disservice to the subject. It is rich with things to explore, research, and study, and especially in the United States I feel that it is undervalued as a subject or academic principle.

Luckily, I ended up having great APUSH and APEURO teachers, and wonderful professors!
UwUnl7O.png
mlHpBMC.pngmjtJ868.png 5vnsOgE.pngQ2if6VF.png
I never really liked maths when I was in school, to the point where I actually failed a maths class.

Nowadays, it's kinda just there? I'm actually re-taking some classes in a college before I move onto a degree.
I never really liked maths when I was in school, to the point where I actually failed a maths class.

Nowadays, it's kinda just there? I'm actually re-taking some classes in a college before I move onto a degree.
rsz-2img-1151.png
My least favourite would have to be English, as I always hated writing essays. I don't really like maths either, but I think that's more a problem with how it was taught to me. As for my favourites, definitely languages and sciences, they were fun!

Edit: Oh and I also disliked PE, as I was quite mediocre at it compared to the rest of my class, and we almost never did the sports that I actually like. And I also liked music a lot! Although I didn't choose it as a subject beyond the required curriculum, because I heard there'd be essays involved :/
My least favourite would have to be English, as I always hated writing essays. I don't really like maths either, but I think that's more a problem with how it was taught to me. As for my favourites, definitely languages and sciences, they were fun!

Edit: Oh and I also disliked PE, as I was quite mediocre at it compared to the rest of my class, and we almost never did the sports that I actually like. And I also liked music a lot! Although I didn't choose it as a subject beyond the required curriculum, because I heard there'd be essays involved :/
Newmoon | She/her | FRT +17-19 (depending on daylight savings)

Fandergs | Wishlist

I made a cheap UMA! Click here to order it!
Maths and it isnt even close for generally disliked subject. I never enjoyed the class and whenever i do it, it just... sucks.

if we are talking about a subject which we hate but also?? love??? it would have to be english extension. I adore the class but foucault and barthes have WRONGED me and i would happily run over Derrida's Of Grammatology with a tractor.
Maths and it isnt even close for generally disliked subject. I never enjoyed the class and whenever i do it, it just... sucks.

if we are talking about a subject which we hate but also?? love??? it would have to be english extension. I adore the class but foucault and barthes have WRONGED me and i would happily run over Derrida's Of Grammatology with a tractor.

dFnwkLI.png
HkhtXgT.png
tNgQJvM.png

7A7cEAI.png
FObX7rS.png
oouioVf.png
O9f7K2d.png Slow replies! Pls be patient!
Math was my Waterloo. Even though I enjoy reading and writing, English was a subject I found pretty boring at times. Science and history were much more enjoyable.
Math was my Waterloo. Even though I enjoy reading and writing, English was a subject I found pretty boring at times. Science and history were much more enjoyable.
Adult, Aro/Ace, +3 FR Time
I've since graduated from school, and man, I'm glad I did... some of my classes sucked. Math was one I've always hated. Having math teachers I usually didn't like was a major reason why - for instance, I distinctly remember having a math teacher in elementary school who tore the times table page out of my book because "you should already know this by now", among other things. I also didn't often understand the material, and found it boring. I've been frustrated to tears by math so many times. Culinary arts was one I started disliking, because it was basically "5 people in a group making one recipe", and I was getting sidelined [i]constantly[/i], in addition to being berated by the other people in my group. It's a major reason why I've had difficulty with trying to learn to cook... For specific classes I hated, I remember really disliking the way American history was taught in my 11th grade class. Not helping matters was the teacher outright telling me "You are completely missing the point" about an assignment I submitted. I also really didn't like my art class in 9th grade, because the teacher I had was one of the meanest people I've ever met - not to mention that the class was set up really poorly. I maybe spent about a week in that class before immediately getting it replaced with something else. One of the "highlights" was the time we had an assignment where you were supposed to create a design out of your name or of some other word, and I was sitting there trying to think of what I wanted to do. She thought I was refusing to do the assignment and started asking me stuff like "You know how to write your own name, don't you?" (According to my older cousin that went to the same school, that particular art teacher didn't really like her either, so I'm glad to know she wasn't specifically picking on me at least [emoji=obelisk tongue size=1])
I've since graduated from school, and man, I'm glad I did... some of my classes sucked.

Math was one I've always hated. Having math teachers I usually didn't like was a major reason why - for instance, I distinctly remember having a math teacher in elementary school who tore the times table page out of my book because "you should already know this by now", among other things. I also didn't often understand the material, and found it boring. I've been frustrated to tears by math so many times.

Culinary arts was one I started disliking, because it was basically "5 people in a group making one recipe", and I was getting sidelined constantly, in addition to being berated by the other people in my group. It's a major reason why I've had difficulty with trying to learn to cook...

For specific classes I hated, I remember really disliking the way American history was taught in my 11th grade class. Not helping matters was the teacher outright telling me "You are completely missing the point" about an assignment I submitted.

I also really didn't like my art class in 9th grade, because the teacher I had was one of the meanest people I've ever met - not to mention that the class was set up really poorly. I maybe spent about a week in that class before immediately getting it replaced with something else. One of the "highlights" was the time we had an assignment where you were supposed to create a design out of your name or of some other word, and I was sitting there trying to think of what I wanted to do. She thought I was refusing to do the assignment and started asking me stuff like "You know how to write your own name, don't you?" (According to my older cousin that went to the same school, that particular art teacher didn't really like her either, so I'm glad to know she wasn't specifically picking on me at least )
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14