Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Least favorite school subject?
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
English and history oh my goodness. Thankfully not in school anymore (days are way gone), but those two subjects were the absolute most boring to me ;-;. Ironically I actually like some history now, I live near a location where there's lots of rich history and I get excited about visiting certain areas [emoji=aether tongue size=2]. But for English, it was made even worse by advanced English classes starting in middle school, on top of a mega boring class, [i]they gave you assigned reading and book reports during summer break[/i]. Yes, they actually expected you to, before the class even started for the school year, use your summer break to read a book and write a book report on it. And then would quiz you on very obscure parts of information in the book your first day of class to make sure you read it. Needless to say, reading is not my favorite thing due to this. Although reading non-fiction/informational things is actually a favorite thing to do for me? Researching things is fun, reading really obscure fiction books is...not quite my cup of tea. Also the year they decided to assign the unabridged version of Les Misérables, y'all were rude and you know it. 1,400+ pages to read over summer break is a new form of evil. Also P.E., my God, P.E. I'm not athletic by any means and never was as a kid (always a bit chubby), so...that was always a nightmare. Thankfully no one was too cruel in my classes but it definitely sucked getting picked last for teams or people being hyper competitive and getting irritated when you're just trying to freakin' survive that day, y'know? And doing those tests like the mile, push ups, pull ups, etc were just...awful. Literally asked my parents if they would consider that I still had all As if we excluded gym from my report cards because it wasn't really something I could help at the time. And even they agreed it was bs lol. Strangely enough I was ok with math and loved science XD.
English and history oh my goodness. Thankfully not in school anymore (days are way gone), but those two subjects were the absolute most boring to me ;-;. Ironically I actually like some history now, I live near a location where there's lots of rich history and I get excited about visiting certain areas .

But for English, it was made even worse by advanced English classes starting in middle school, on top of a mega boring class, they gave you assigned reading and book reports during summer break. Yes, they actually expected you to, before the class even started for the school year, use your summer break to read a book and write a book report on it. And then would quiz you on very obscure parts of information in the book your first day of class to make sure you read it.
Needless to say, reading is not my favorite thing due to this. Although reading non-fiction/informational things is actually a favorite thing to do for me? Researching things is fun, reading really obscure fiction books is...not quite my cup of tea.
Also the year they decided to assign the unabridged version of Les Misérables, y'all were rude and you know it. 1,400+ pages to read over summer break is a new form of evil.

Also P.E., my God, P.E. I'm not athletic by any means and never was as a kid (always a bit chubby), so...that was always a nightmare. Thankfully no one was too cruel in my classes but it definitely sucked getting picked last for teams or people being hyper competitive and getting irritated when you're just trying to freakin' survive that day, y'know? And doing those tests like the mile, push ups, pull ups, etc were just...awful. Literally asked my parents if they would consider that I still had all As if we excluded gym from my report cards because it wasn't really something I could help at the time. And even they agreed it was bs lol.

Strangely enough I was ok with math and loved science XD.
HSWqWgZ.png
Dessert Skin shop! Grand Opening

(forum buddy by H0lyFoxx!)
qu9rWwx.png
math 100%
math 100%
although I generally like math (mostly algebra), I hated my trigonometry class in high school. specifically the unit circle. destroy it with fire.

a more general subject that I would say is my least favorite, however, would be P.E. for sure. my high school P.E. teacher would always threaten to dock my grade for not participating but he never did lol

in college, though, I'd say the subject I've liked the least so far has been economics. I did fine with it in high school, but I guess when learning about it more in-depth, I didn't like it and struggled with it. good thing I'm not majoring in economics lol
although I generally like math (mostly algebra), I hated my trigonometry class in high school. specifically the unit circle. destroy it with fire.

a more general subject that I would say is my least favorite, however, would be P.E. for sure. my high school P.E. teacher would always threaten to dock my grade for not participating but he never did lol

in college, though, I'd say the subject I've liked the least so far has been economics. I did fine with it in high school, but I guess when learning about it more in-depth, I didn't like it and struggled with it. good thing I'm not majoring in economics lol
tqGkHih.png
LnZG5ty.png

2VAg1VF.png
b7tgKsh.png
7QhGLKp.png
Jd88XNq.png
YMPbu9R.png

Math lol (I like about any other subject)
Math lol (I like about any other subject)
spanish. spanish is the absolute BANE of my existence, and I have grades in the 97-100s in other classes but not Spanish. I'm no good at foreign languages.

math isn't that bad for me- unless it's iReady. that thing is the pure embodiment of pain. and did I mention the pacer test in gym? I'm no good at stamina. I can hear the script in my nightmares...

The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.
spanish. spanish is the absolute BANE of my existence, and I have grades in the 97-100s in other classes but not Spanish. I'm no good at foreign languages.

math isn't that bad for me- unless it's iReady. that thing is the pure embodiment of pain. and did I mention the pacer test in gym? I'm no good at stamina. I can hear the script in my nightmares...

The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.
she/her
FR Time + 3
Wind flight
Semi hiatus
adoptions and starter packs here
7UXlQKU.gif
53548275035_c8f3cd96b1_q.jpgWXOu4H0.png
It's a very generic and common answer, but math. I could not STAND math; even at my now grown age, it just never clicked. I dread registering for math classes for college. Simple math clicked, yes, but after, I want to say, P.E.M.D.A.S. was introduced in my classes, it became too overwhelming. There is so much to account for in often so little time. So stressful.
It's a very generic and common answer, but math. I could not STAND math; even at my now grown age, it just never clicked. I dread registering for math classes for college. Simple math clicked, yes, but after, I want to say, P.E.M.D.A.S. was introduced in my classes, it became too overwhelming. There is so much to account for in often so little time. So stressful.
swan.gifVexilliom Sins, Daughter of the Damned.tumblr_inline_nwjz9mEYIq1tqyuge_100.png
Oh god... spanish? the class is ok but the students are insufferable.
Oh god... spanish? the class is ok but the students are insufferable.
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
interior design would be fun if it didn't exist. seriously, 8 in the morning, in a tiny room with uncomfortable furniture and fluorescent lighting, which is pretty ironic considering it's interior design. it's boring, it's mentally exhausting, and it always puts me in such a bad mood because the room gives me a headache. i tried to drop it, but it's a year long class. i hate it so much and i can't escape it. i am going to actually cry if i have to do this much longer.
interior design would be fun if it didn't exist. seriously, 8 in the morning, in a tiny room with uncomfortable furniture and fluorescent lighting, which is pretty ironic considering it's interior design. it's boring, it's mentally exhausting, and it always puts me in such a bad mood because the room gives me a headache. i tried to drop it, but it's a year long class. i hate it so much and i can't escape it. i am going to actually cry if i have to do this much longer.
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
Adorable Arcane Hatchery! you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls! semi-verbal
autistic
bird dad
please ping!!!
FR+2
oh my god i assume this thread is just 10 pages of "math"

i've been to 3 different schools and unsurprisingly the answer differs from one to another. two of them are regular public schools for everyone, the last one is a boarding school with entry exams that provides advanced physics and math study programs.

in my first school it was PE. i'm not disabled, but i have some annoying health problems they would never care or accommodate for. i felt subhuman failing most of the activities. terrible! :(
when i enrolled in a boarding school after 9 years of this hell i was immediately met with an opposite approach, where one class of 20 people was curated by TWO teachers instead of one very tired one, and they both could keep up with the needs of each individual student. then i've realized: oh, i don't actually hate workouts – or myself, for that matter!

in my second school it was.. math, but for an unusual reason: it was way, WAY behind my capabilities and interests. the teacher, whom i appreciate nonetheless, was constantly repeating herself and re-teaching how to solve linear equations in high school – to an audience of people who did not care either way. it was such a drag for all of us, i think...

also gonna mention history. there are several reasons why it's kinda one of the worst subject in my country as it is. 1) propaganda. history is written by the winners and then rewritten by total losers trying to help their case. i can never tell how objective all these judgements our textbooks and/or teachers make. recently we've got new textbooks curated by the government where european union is compared to... "the fourth reich". this approach can only teach me a 1984-esque understanding of history, as if it's not a real science and can be altered at will. 2) the way it's structured left me with a very random and unconnected view on the world, and i could never keep up with all the dates we had to learn. might be my skill issue though

chemistry was utter pain but i don't want to think negatively about this subject because it's me. i was at fault of my own struggles. i'm a big dum dum
oh my god i assume this thread is just 10 pages of "math"

i've been to 3 different schools and unsurprisingly the answer differs from one to another. two of them are regular public schools for everyone, the last one is a boarding school with entry exams that provides advanced physics and math study programs.

in my first school it was PE. i'm not disabled, but i have some annoying health problems they would never care or accommodate for. i felt subhuman failing most of the activities. terrible! :(
when i enrolled in a boarding school after 9 years of this hell i was immediately met with an opposite approach, where one class of 20 people was curated by TWO teachers instead of one very tired one, and they both could keep up with the needs of each individual student. then i've realized: oh, i don't actually hate workouts – or myself, for that matter!

in my second school it was.. math, but for an unusual reason: it was way, WAY behind my capabilities and interests. the teacher, whom i appreciate nonetheless, was constantly repeating herself and re-teaching how to solve linear equations in high school – to an audience of people who did not care either way. it was such a drag for all of us, i think...

also gonna mention history. there are several reasons why it's kinda one of the worst subject in my country as it is. 1) propaganda. history is written by the winners and then rewritten by total losers trying to help their case. i can never tell how objective all these judgements our textbooks and/or teachers make. recently we've got new textbooks curated by the government where european union is compared to... "the fourth reich". this approach can only teach me a 1984-esque understanding of history, as if it's not a real science and can be altered at will. 2) the way it's structured left me with a very random and unconnected view on the world, and i could never keep up with all the dates we had to learn. might be my skill issue though

chemistry was utter pain but i don't want to think negatively about this subject because it's me. i was at fault of my own struggles. i'm a big dum dum
4350.png hey there! i would appreciate any sci-fi book recommendations, hit me up if you feel like it! (unrelated to the picture of barry bee benson)
I must be odd one out because I kind of liked doing trig and stats lol. I would've enjoyed PE more if not for the fact I was unaware I was disabled and wondered why I felt like crap :^).

Oh but... social studies was my nightmare because almost all of the especially bad moments and teachers I've had were during social studies. I don't know what it was with some of those teachers, but they somehow managed to come with up assignments that specifically made me go nuts and take forever on getting them done. International relations can stay though; I like it.
I must be odd one out because I kind of liked doing trig and stats lol. I would've enjoyed PE more if not for the fact I was unaware I was disabled and wondered why I felt like crap :^).

Oh but... social studies was my nightmare because almost all of the especially bad moments and teachers I've had were during social studies. I don't know what it was with some of those teachers, but they somehow managed to come with up assignments that specifically made me go nuts and take forever on getting them done. International relations can stay though; I like it.
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14