Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Am I the only one who does this???
1 2 3
[quote name="squiggie" date="2021-01-18 14:55:50" ] OH I just remembered way back when my friend @FishyDishy would say “Wildclaw” as WIND-CLAW hagajaosudebwnso the nostalgia and his sheer stupidity cracks me up [/quote] way back when, don't worry I'm not this stupid anymore
squiggie wrote on 2021-01-18 14:55:50:
OH I just remembered way back when my friend @FishyDishy would say “Wildclaw” as WIND-CLAW hagajaosudebwnso the nostalgia and his sheer stupidity cracks me up

way back when, don't worry I'm not this stupid anymore
hehe_good_evening.gif
»CTRL«
dsmp fandragons
wishlist
mlHpBMC.png
AV7XCe1.png
GFeO9bR.png
M2GDK40.png
tb2lvGT.png
IrrC5OJ.png
Used to be FishyDishy blinking_cursor.gif
why are you guys saying lmao out loud
why are you guys saying lmao out loud
icon dragon | wishlist
remind me not to impulse buy
redoing everything all the time give me a minute
[quote name="LostBois" date="2021-01-18 12:23:21" ] Agate. It's pronounced "A-gat." Like, it rhymes with maggot, pretty much. Which is real ugly, and we kinda hate it. "Ah-gah-tay" would sound way better. But hey.. "a-gat" it is, I guess. -Benji [/quote] I say ah-jayt. Had no idea that was wrong.
LostBois wrote on 2021-01-18 12:23:21:
Agate.

It's pronounced "A-gat." Like, it rhymes with maggot, pretty much. Which is real ugly, and we kinda hate it.

"Ah-gah-tay" would sound way better. But hey.. "a-gat" it is, I guess.

-Benji

I say ah-jayt. Had no idea that was wrong.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
Meme is in fact; Me Me
Meme is in fact; Me Me
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
When I first saw the word "omen," I was saying it with the short "o" sound instead of the long "o" sound, because apparently it's supposed to be pronounced "oh-men."

Also I haven't done this myself but I've heard aluminum pronounced as "aluninum" and "aluminium." It's more subtle typing it out here, but out loud it sounds so weird.
When I first saw the word "omen," I was saying it with the short "o" sound instead of the long "o" sound, because apparently it's supposed to be pronounced "oh-men."

Also I haven't done this myself but I've heard aluminum pronounced as "aluninum" and "aluminium." It's more subtle typing it out here, but out loud it sounds so weird.
extra-birb.png Divider-v-96.png nBUwvfz.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
weia2aX.png Divider-v-96.png
I consistently roll D's, and yet can't roll R's worth a heck.

I'm....not sure if that's normal.
I consistently roll D's, and yet can't roll R's worth a heck.

I'm....not sure if that's normal.
when i pronounce most abbreviations in my head (wth, gtg, wlw), my brain mixes what they mean and pronouncing the letters, so i read things like "what th" or "gt go"
when i pronounce most abbreviations in my head (wth, gtg, wlw), my brain mixes what they mean and pronouncing the letters, so i read things like "what th" or "gt go"
gYfRVnU.png
rani
• fr+3 (est)
wishlist
[quote name="magicstars" date="2021-01-19 06:24:27" ] when i pronounce most abbreviations in my head (wth, gtg, wlw), my brain mixes what they mean and pronouncing the letters, so i read things like "what th" or "gt go" [/quote] Haha me too I just pronounce the letters in my head instead of what it stands for
magicstars wrote on 2021-01-19 06:24:27:
Haha me too
I just pronounce the letters in my head instead of what it stands for
0HBKL8H.pngBt9KLea.png
FObX7rS.pngeTTRxv6.png
9gQbEv9.pngoaolHwW.png
wthFnM3.pngzE3edrX.png
I always pronounce it as "luh maw"

And also OwO or owo actually make me say "o woh"
I always pronounce it as "luh maw"

And also OwO or owo actually make me say "o woh"
___________image.png "Kantoya Yaryba! Maka pan Indi. Maka piksa Mamtosa!"

I'm writing my own conlang~ click here to see!
Experimental writing style - Feedback needed
image.png
@Storm121 Aluminium is the international standard spelling for that metal. The Aluminum spelling is only used in North America.
@Storm121 Aluminium is the international standard spelling for that metal. The Aluminum spelling is only used in North America.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
1 2 3