Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | "How do hyperfixations feel like?"
1 2 3 4
I got hyperfixated on Bugsnax over Joel's let's play of it. Now everytime I go to YouTube I search for that game. And so wrote this.

Hyperfixation
imprisoning me
all that I see
mental cognation

I cannot think
I cannot stop
Returning to it
liking it bit by bit

Does this rely on other peeps who experience hyperfixations?
I got hyperfixated on Bugsnax over Joel's let's play of it. Now everytime I go to YouTube I search for that game. And so wrote this.

Hyperfixation
imprisoning me
all that I see
mental cognation

I cannot think
I cannot stop
Returning to it
liking it bit by bit

Does this rely on other peeps who experience hyperfixations?
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
@ZipperLocks Currently hyperfixating on Undertale after putting it off for years so I feel your pain
yes. Absolutely that is accurate. For me it's like no matter what I do I always have the topic in mind, if it has music it ALSO is stuck in my head, I usually obsess over a character and my life literally surrounds aforementioned character and their resident source
also. If I fixate on something long enough, a fictional introject goes poof into my headspace n yea. Waiting for Papyrus to exist rn
@ZipperLocks Currently hyperfixating on Undertale after putting it off for years so I feel your pain
yes. Absolutely that is accurate. For me it's like no matter what I do I always have the topic in mind, if it has music it ALSO is stuck in my head, I usually obsess over a character and my life literally surrounds aforementioned character and their resident source
also. If I fixate on something long enough, a fictional introject goes poof into my headspace n yea. Waiting for Papyrus to exist rn
russianoreo_1.gif
Fronter(s): Vicky
About our system!
My art shop!
brokenankles_2.gifspinnyidle_1.gif
I was just listening to Joel's bugsnax rap are you stalking me.
I was just listening to Joel's bugsnax rap are you stalking me.
For me a hyperfixation is a bit like that, though also, sometimes, when I think I have my mind near cleared, it'll suddenly come into my thoughts again at full speed and I'll be unable to think of anything else. Been getting worse lately with the amount of hyperfixations I have being over five and so I have difficulty concentrating (not just from that, though it's partially why) sometimes on something that's not a hyperfixation.
For me a hyperfixation is a bit like that, though also, sometimes, when I think I have my mind near cleared, it'll suddenly come into my thoughts again at full speed and I'll be unable to think of anything else. Been getting worse lately with the amount of hyperfixations I have being over five and so I have difficulty concentrating (not just from that, though it's partially why) sometimes on something that's not a hyperfixation.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
i get it yeah!!! i'm currently hyperfixating on one of my ocs and just. yeah. your song matches REALLY well!!
i get it yeah!!! i'm currently hyperfixating on one of my ocs and just. yeah. your song matches REALLY well!!
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.png
That song is perfectly accurate omg
That song is perfectly accurate omg
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
@ZipperLocks
When I get a new special interest, I enter a rambling phase where I want to constantly talk about it. I also think about it pretty non-stop. This lasts about 1-2 years, and then, the need to ramble dies down and the subject becomes just like the rest of my special interests. The last time I had a rambling interest was from 2009-2011. I miss the giddy feelings of happiness.

The way I feel during my rambling phases of special interests is really well-described by the following quote from Mean Girls:

"I was a woman possessed. I spent 80% of the time talking about Regina, and the other 20% of the time, I kept praying for somebody to bring her up, so I can talk about her more. I could hear people getting bored with me, but I couldn't stop. It just kept coming up, like word vomit."

^ Do any others relate? :P
@ZipperLocks
When I get a new special interest, I enter a rambling phase where I want to constantly talk about it. I also think about it pretty non-stop. This lasts about 1-2 years, and then, the need to ramble dies down and the subject becomes just like the rest of my special interests. The last time I had a rambling interest was from 2009-2011. I miss the giddy feelings of happiness.

The way I feel during my rambling phases of special interests is really well-described by the following quote from Mean Girls:

"I was a woman possessed. I spent 80% of the time talking about Regina, and the other 20% of the time, I kept praying for somebody to bring her up, so I can talk about her more. I could hear people getting bored with me, but I couldn't stop. It just kept coming up, like word vomit."

^ Do any others relate? :P
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
I swear I'll close Skryim and 5 mintues later guess what I'm playing it again :|
I swear I'll close Skryim and 5 mintues later guess what I'm playing it again :|
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
Hyperfixating on editing my wishlist rn when I have other work I need to do... big oof
Hyperfixating on editing my wishlist rn when I have other work I need to do... big oof
@ZipperLocks

BUNGER BUNGER BUNGER BUNGER
@ZipperLocks

BUNGER BUNGER BUNGER BUNGER
ll0CfnD.png
mlHpBMC.png
FObX7rS.png
awUnQ0L.png
TdTJOrw.png
3M48cU6.png
:
: