Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | "How do hyperfixations feel like?"
1 2 3 4
Every few weeks I fall right back into hyperfixating over Undertale. This is one of those weeks. I can usually tell when I'm getting into a fandom that I'll go crazy over, and most of the time you better watch out because I'm ready to describe the entire story to you. I'm getting better at not annoying friends with it (seriously, I was a bit crazy back then) but that makes it last longer... Sometimes this leads to me having a whole bunch of them on backorder. Once one ends there's probably about 5 more things that people think I'm done with but they're WRONG. Sometimes these are just fandoms but ohh boy some stuff you shouldn't get me talking on. And if I rapidly stop hyperfixating on something? (Happened twice- once where Steven Universe disappointed me so much that I stopped watching it, once where people called me out for liking a character a bit too much.) It's...not fun. [quote name="Hypercoaster" date="2020-12-15 15:19:40" ] "I was a woman possessed. I spent 80% of the time talking about Regina, and the other 20% of the time, I kept praying for somebody to bring her up, so I can talk about her more. I could hear people getting bored with me, but I couldn't stop. It just kept coming up, like word vomit." ^ Do any others relate? :P [/quote] THIS. Oh boy... if I don't manage to control myself you're going to hear about whatever I find cool at the moment and slowly leading people to talk about the same thing so I get an excuse to fangirl out a bit more. [i]This is normal, right?[/i] (Disclaimer- I haven't been diagnosed with anything, I just relate to a whole lot of this thread)
Every few weeks I fall right back into hyperfixating over Undertale. This is one of those weeks.

I can usually tell when I'm getting into a fandom that I'll go crazy over, and most of the time you better watch out because I'm ready to describe the entire story to you. I'm getting better at not annoying friends with it (seriously, I was a bit crazy back then) but that makes it last longer...

Sometimes this leads to me having a whole bunch of them on backorder. Once one ends there's probably about 5 more things that people think I'm done with but they're WRONG. Sometimes these are just fandoms but ohh boy some stuff you shouldn't get me talking on.

And if I rapidly stop hyperfixating on something? (Happened twice- once where Steven Universe disappointed me so much that I stopped watching it, once where people called me out for liking a character a bit too much.) It's...not fun.
Hypercoaster wrote on 2020-12-15 15:19:40:

"I was a woman possessed. I spent 80% of the time talking about Regina, and the other 20% of the time, I kept praying for somebody to bring her up, so I can talk about her more. I could hear people getting bored with me, but I couldn't stop. It just kept coming up, like word vomit."

^ Do any others relate? :P

THIS. Oh boy... if I don't manage to control myself you're going to hear about whatever I find cool at the moment and slowly leading people to talk about the same thing so I get an excuse to fangirl out a bit more. This is normal, right?

(Disclaimer- I haven't been diagnosed with anything, I just relate to a whole lot of this thread)
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
i have a tendency to hyperfixate on games a lot, including this one LOL it’s only been a few days since i’ve started playing and i haven’t been doing much else >< ADHD causes me to hyperfixate on something for a few weeks and then just drop it completely and never think about it again.... i can name a few games off the top of my head from this month alone that i’ve dropped
i have a tendency to hyperfixate on games a lot, including this one LOL it’s only been a few days since i’ve started playing and i haven’t been doing much else >< ADHD causes me to hyperfixate on something for a few weeks and then just drop it completely and never think about it again.... i can name a few games off the top of my head from this month alone that i’ve dropped
1 2 3 4