Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | "How do hyperfixations feel like?"
1 2 3 4
hyperfixating on hades currently and my only thoughts are "damn, everyone is attractive" and zagreus is so soft
but on a more serious(??) note
everything is abt hades
whatever im drawing, whatever im reading, whatever music im listening to
playing it constantly
lowkey looking for friends to talk abt it with but i have none
hyperfixating on hades currently and my only thoughts are "damn, everyone is attractive" and zagreus is so soft
but on a more serious(??) note
everything is abt hades
whatever im drawing, whatever im reading, whatever music im listening to
playing it constantly
lowkey looking for friends to talk abt it with but i have none
TeMkEVX.png
GPbVPRP.png Shamura
1OX9mEs.gif any pronouns
1OX9mEs.gif FR time +0
1OX9mEs.gif Abe love ♥
1OX9mEs.gifAvatar dragon
sqaur.png FxIG1mZ.gif For DRS: I have more dragons in the hibden
1OX9mEs.gif For IKTR: my fandragons are here
1OX9mEs.gif Robots are peak character design
1OX9mEs.gif goatlings
1OX9mEs.gif Play ISAT pleaaaase
Hyperfixating...

/I won't buy any more resin, I'm WAITING on resin I just bought online. for cheap.

/Goes to store to get more resin 15 minutes later

Now I'll have even MORE resin on Friday...? :D;;;;;

/dammit
Hyperfixating...

/I won't buy any more resin, I'm WAITING on resin I just bought online. for cheap.

/Goes to store to get more resin 15 minutes later

Now I'll have even MORE resin on Friday...? :D;;;;;

/dammit
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
alrighty so im not sure if i should call what i do hyperfixation bc i dont know if using that word implies and specifically diagnosed things (i havent been anywhere ever that would even diagnose me with anything) but i very much do this and oh god im so terrible about it?? like i cannot shut up about the stuff my brain has attached itself to. i feel bad that all my energy goes into one or two things at a time but its the only thing that will keep my enjoyment and attention up and so whenever i talk i end up stumbling into talking about whatever things my focus is going to. rn its homestuck and maybe danganronpa. i can kinda feel that one starting to happen,,, anyways most of the media i voluntarily consume rn is related to those two things (mainly homestuck) and i kinda really dislike that i annoy so many people with it but also i cant not? if that makes any sense. it not like im trying to just dump every bit of information my brain has stored on the subjects onto literally anyone who i talk with
alrighty so im not sure if i should call what i do hyperfixation bc i dont know if using that word implies and specifically diagnosed things (i havent been anywhere ever that would even diagnose me with anything) but i very much do this and oh god im so terrible about it?? like i cannot shut up about the stuff my brain has attached itself to. i feel bad that all my energy goes into one or two things at a time but its the only thing that will keep my enjoyment and attention up and so whenever i talk i end up stumbling into talking about whatever things my focus is going to. rn its homestuck and maybe danganronpa. i can kinda feel that one starting to happen,,, anyways most of the media i voluntarily consume rn is related to those two things (mainly homestuck) and i kinda really dislike that i annoy so many people with it but also i cant not? if that makes any sense. it not like im trying to just dump every bit of information my brain has stored on the subjects onto literally anyone who i talk with
To everyone not getting the lyrics reference... Metallica - One. Aka "Darkness, Imprisoning Me, All that I see, Absolute horror." (Kind of shame I know that part only due to a meme, but eh).
@winterwald - I'm inside your toilet.

@hypercoaster - Ditto, and that snippet is too true. Personally I don't talk about it to the point others get annoyed (I think...). It's more of increased mentions.

@fivepebbles - INTENSE BUNGER SOUNDS
To everyone not getting the lyrics reference... Metallica - One. Aka "Darkness, Imprisoning Me, All that I see, Absolute horror." (Kind of shame I know that part only due to a meme, but eh).
@winterwald - I'm inside your toilet.

@hypercoaster - Ditto, and that snippet is too true. Personally I don't talk about it to the point others get annoyed (I think...). It's more of increased mentions.

@fivepebbles - INTENSE BUNGER SOUNDS
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
@SkyistheGround hades fixation gang :thinkingeyes:

hyperfixation is weird because like. i honest to god do not remember the intensity of my previous interest, despite that being just a year ago and consuming a couple years of my life. brain only considers the current interest, wants nothing but that interest, does not care about other interests for longer than a moment or two. i do not know when or how i'll fall into a new fixation, or if i'll even remember just how deeply ingrained i am in the current one, and just trying to wrap my head around that is so jarring
@SkyistheGround hades fixation gang :thinkingeyes:

hyperfixation is weird because like. i honest to god do not remember the intensity of my previous interest, despite that being just a year ago and consuming a couple years of my life. brain only considers the current interest, wants nothing but that interest, does not care about other interests for longer than a moment or two. i do not know when or how i'll fall into a new fixation, or if i'll even remember just how deeply ingrained i am in the current one, and just trying to wrap my head around that is so jarring
me all semester trying to think of what to do for a school assignment but a half hour later and im wandering the backyard thinking about chalk physics
me all semester trying to think of what to do for a school assignment but a half hour later and im wandering the backyard thinking about chalk physics
1205.png
Shardz #93701
mlHpBMC.png
szLFrpq.png
bYt72YT.png
X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

my memory is so bad that i hadn't changed this since march 28th which i only know because it was "happy birthday sora"

cleaning my lair, G1s for sale

0kkQE96.png
TW8ViqF.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.png
1206.png
sephiroth being added to smash made my brain remember that i like ffvii and. well!
time for h y p e r f i x a t i o n

we were having a discord movie night with some friends, and one of them mentioned ffvii remake in passing when we were having a break. unfortunately this meant that i had to talk about final fantasy for like 40 minutes straight.

also. bunger
sephiroth being added to smash made my brain remember that i like ffvii and. well!
time for h y p e r f i x a t i o n

we were having a discord movie night with some friends, and one of them mentioned ffvii remake in passing when we were having a break. unfortunately this meant that i had to talk about final fantasy for like 40 minutes straight.

also. bunger
routa / any pronouns / fr time +10
oh god, I fall into one roughly every two years, and Persona 5 hit me hard right now, ugh. It's like I want to talk about it with everyone, always, and the words are at the forefront of my mind and pushing against my mouth but I just can't talk nonstop about it

And so I write fic instead, haha

No but really, the worst had been a hyperfixation on the Fate series that left me incredibly burnt out when I left the fandom due to being overwhelmed. Did something like that happen to anyone else?

and also, @kirisame, while I'm not much of a ff fan, Sephiroth jettisoned me back into the 3ds/wiiU days of my smash obsession like none of the other newcomers except Piranha Plant. I felt catatonic after the trailer XD
oh god, I fall into one roughly every two years, and Persona 5 hit me hard right now, ugh. It's like I want to talk about it with everyone, always, and the words are at the forefront of my mind and pushing against my mouth but I just can't talk nonstop about it

And so I write fic instead, haha

No but really, the worst had been a hyperfixation on the Fate series that left me incredibly burnt out when I left the fandom due to being overwhelmed. Did something like that happen to anyone else?

and also, @kirisame, while I'm not much of a ff fan, Sephiroth jettisoned me back into the 3ds/wiiU days of my smash obsession like none of the other newcomers except Piranha Plant. I felt catatonic after the trailer XD
nnlsc9F.png
@Tatzelwyrm
hADES??? :eyes:

but i feel the exact same way as you! the only thing i remember is that it must've been intense, but i can't recall the feeling unless it's what im currently hyperfixating on
usually my hyperfixations last a year then i swiftly move on to the next thing that grabs my attention (may be less or more depending on what happens)
it's a part of me i used to be very confused about, "why can't i just tie down to one thing for a while?" or "why can't i just have multiple interests like everyone else?" and i realize it's cus i don't have to have multiple interests or only one interest for a very long time
hyperfixation, while jarring at times, is a very fun thing to experience imo!
@Tatzelwyrm
hADES??? :eyes:

but i feel the exact same way as you! the only thing i remember is that it must've been intense, but i can't recall the feeling unless it's what im currently hyperfixating on
usually my hyperfixations last a year then i swiftly move on to the next thing that grabs my attention (may be less or more depending on what happens)
it's a part of me i used to be very confused about, "why can't i just tie down to one thing for a while?" or "why can't i just have multiple interests like everyone else?" and i realize it's cus i don't have to have multiple interests or only one interest for a very long time
hyperfixation, while jarring at times, is a very fun thing to experience imo!
TeMkEVX.png
GPbVPRP.png Shamura
1OX9mEs.gif any pronouns
1OX9mEs.gif FR time +0
1OX9mEs.gif Abe love ♥
1OX9mEs.gifAvatar dragon
sqaur.png FxIG1mZ.gif For DRS: I have more dragons in the hibden
1OX9mEs.gif For IKTR: my fandragons are here
1OX9mEs.gif Robots are peak character design
1OX9mEs.gif goatlings
1OX9mEs.gif Play ISAT pleaaaase
@ZipperLocks Runs at you and launches you off a cliff while making Bunger sounds
I didn't think anything of Bugsnax at first. Now I'm all like CCCOBBBHOPPPERRRRRR
@ZipperLocks Runs at you and launches you off a cliff while making Bunger sounds
I didn't think anything of Bugsnax at first. Now I'm all like CCCOBBBHOPPPERRRRRR
TjUuheN.png
1 2 3 4