Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Games Similar to FR
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="XxValkyriexX" date="2023-01-03 19:05:15" ] Any new sites? [/quote] @XxValkyriexX Haven't added any in a bit, I think Atrocity was the most recent one. Sorry!
XxValkyriexX wrote on 2023-01-03 19:05:15:
Any new sites?

@XxValkyriexX Haven't added any in a bit, I think Atrocity was the most recent one. Sorry!
13fb5f385f71fe833d6dfbf445161062db5126d7.png76a42df9cd48a24e4d85d880de3b082223a03d70.pngLinkHubFR-100x100.png673f94f0e5ea193ab459222311092ecf96edd814.png5604e7edfc0bfd2f95186912986e39946318743b.png
Oh, I was surprised to not see Ovipets here!
I actually found FR through Ovipets, back then it was a Facebook game, haven't played for a while, but if I recall correctly, it no longer requires a FB account.
It's still actively developed, has plenty of different breeds (most are based off real animals and are named after their Latin names ie. a breed that resembles foxes is Vulpes, a breed based on wolves is Lupus)
It's fun for either just collecting pets or making projects with different mutations (genes, when talking in FR terms) and colors etcetc ^^
Oh, I was surprised to not see Ovipets here!
I actually found FR through Ovipets, back then it was a Facebook game, haven't played for a while, but if I recall correctly, it no longer requires a FB account.
It's still actively developed, has plenty of different breeds (most are based off real animals and are named after their Latin names ie. a breed that resembles foxes is Vulpes, a breed based on wolves is Lupus)
It's fun for either just collecting pets or making projects with different mutations (genes, when talking in FR terms) and colors etcetc ^^
she/her | FR +10 | idk what else to put here D:
goatlings is. hit or miss
you can get banned for the most ridiculous things and if you even try to say anything is bad or wrong w the site (even in a constructive way) you get ABSOLUTELY dogpiled on and ridiculed for even thinking that there is anything wrong w the site (of which there are many)
you cant really be critical of anything or the mods will absolutely start treating you bad/get sassy w you lol
goatlings is. hit or miss
you can get banned for the most ridiculous things and if you even try to say anything is bad or wrong w the site (even in a constructive way) you get ABSOLUTELY dogpiled on and ridiculed for even thinking that there is anything wrong w the site (of which there are many)
you cant really be critical of anything or the mods will absolutely start treating you bad/get sassy w you lol
@OysterClam Funky, really not sure how I missed Ovipets? Because I do have an OviPets account, I have it bookmarked, even if I haven't touched it a year or two LMAO. Added it to the list :3

@fatui Man I didn't know that about Goatlings :(( I've played it a bit but not had much to do with like forums or anything so I never picked up on it.
@OysterClam Funky, really not sure how I missed Ovipets? Because I do have an OviPets account, I have it bookmarked, even if I haven't touched it a year or two LMAO. Added it to the list :3

@fatui Man I didn't know that about Goatlings :(( I've played it a bit but not had much to do with like forums or anything so I never picked up on it.
13fb5f385f71fe833d6dfbf445161062db5126d7.png76a42df9cd48a24e4d85d880de3b082223a03d70.pngLinkHubFR-100x100.png673f94f0e5ea193ab459222311092ecf96edd814.png5604e7edfc0bfd2f95186912986e39946318743b.png
Does anyone know anything about Sylestia? I saw it as an AD here today. I and my roomies made accounts to check it out. It seems pretty cool, though the breeding, at first glance, is kind of...weird??? Also, I was under the impression it was fairly new because it says it's still in beta, but the site has been active since 2012. I wanna hear others' inputs before I get too invested in something that may be a waste of time. ;w;
Does anyone know anything about Sylestia? I saw it as an AD here today. I and my roomies made accounts to check it out. It seems pretty cool, though the breeding, at first glance, is kind of...weird??? Also, I was under the impression it was fairly new because it says it's still in beta, but the site has been active since 2012. I wanna hear others' inputs before I get too invested in something that may be a waste of time. ;w;
[quote name="DissyKitty" date="2023-01-15 18:46:04" ] Does anyone know anything about Sylestia? I saw it as an AD here today. I and my roomies made accounts to check it out. It seems pretty cool, though the breeding, at first glance, is kind of...weird??? Also, I was under the impression it was fairly new because it says it's still in beta, but the site has been active since 2012. I wanna hear others' inputs before I get too invested in something that may be a waste of time. ;w; [/quote] @DissyKitty I played Sylestia a bit. It's been a while so idk how up to date my information is, but I found it pretty fun. It felt like there were a LOT of different combinations that could be used for the creatures and they could get pretty unique. Plus, it had a story you could actively progress(I think), which I found to be a nice change of pace compared to other pet sites. My main gripe, and the reason why I stopped playing, was because I found myself hitting paywalls. Sure, you don't HAVE to buy more stables, but if you want more pets be prepared to spend a bunch of money because there's no way you're getting that much premium currency naturally. All said, I'd still recommend giving it a try; my opinion is not fact, and just because I found myself frustrated doesn't mean that anyone else will. It's clear that the creators put a lot of effort into the game, and they deserve to make money off of it. I simply don't have the money to spend on it. It's been a while since I've played though, so maybe things have changed. If you do play, I hope you enjoy it!
DissyKitty wrote on 2023-01-15 18:46:04:

@DissyKitty

I played Sylestia a bit. It's been a while so idk how up to date my information is, but I found it pretty fun. It felt like there were a LOT of different combinations that could be used for the creatures and they could get pretty unique. Plus, it had a story you could actively progress(I think), which I found to be a nice change of pace compared to other pet sites.

My main gripe, and the reason why I stopped playing, was because I found myself hitting paywalls. Sure, you don't HAVE to buy more stables, but if you want more pets be prepared to spend a bunch of money because there's no way you're getting that much premium currency naturally.

All said, I'd still recommend giving it a try; my opinion is not fact, and just because I found myself frustrated doesn't mean that anyone else will. It's clear that the creators put a lot of effort into the game, and they deserve to make money off of it. I simply don't have the money to spend on it.

It's been a while since I've played though, so maybe things have changed. If you do play, I hope you enjoy it!
This one isn't technically out yet, but Pawborough would be good to add to the list! It won't be playable for the general public until late 2024ish, but it has been fully funded on Kickstarter and seems to have a lot of potential. The Kickstarter site has a bunch more information and updates if anyone is interested in checking it out!
This one isn't technically out yet, but Pawborough would be good to add to the list! It won't be playable for the general public until late 2024ish, but it has been fully funded on Kickstarter and seems to have a lot of potential. The Kickstarter site has a bunch more information and updates if anyone is interested in checking it out!
FR+2
@LilliesAndRoses Wow! Okay, that one looks super fun! I'll add it to the list! :D

Link for anyone too lazy to look it up: https://www.pawborough.net/
@LilliesAndRoses Wow! Okay, that one looks super fun! I'll add it to the list! :D

Link for anyone too lazy to look it up: https://www.pawborough.net/
@DissyKitty From what I remember of Sylestia, it's by the same people who made Gryffs, Khimeros, and one other game I completely forget the name of. They had four at the time, and all suffered from the same issue, which was monetization versus value. I will say that Sylestia is a lot less pay-to-play than Khimeros (the absolute worst of the lot), but what I was running into was that RL currency was required to do a lot of things that should have been basic gameplay, versus an absolutely abysmal in-game economy.

Like, imagine if 99.999% of dragons on FR cost 1t. Except there's no exalting to actually make money--you just have a ton of absolutely worthless dragons. Combine that with the fact that genetics, while far more interesting than FR as it was multigenerational, was actually hidden--you needed to buy an item with RL money to be able to "scry" (forgot the term) your creature's genes to find out whether they'd have some hidden trait you wanted. And there was a whole weird mechanic with arenas where your creatures had to be a specific level, which wasn't necessarily max level, so you had to purchase a potion to make them unlevelable after you...I think mutated them? I remember there being a huuuuuuge breeding mechanic around this, and max-mutated creatures were basically the only ones worth anything unless it was one loaded up with every possible visual trait. And you had to be prepared to basically do the Egg Cave thing of nudging along other people's hatches if you didn't want your own to take ages.

All in all kind of a mess, but it's been years since I played it, so they may have fixed/improved things since!
@DissyKitty From what I remember of Sylestia, it's by the same people who made Gryffs, Khimeros, and one other game I completely forget the name of. They had four at the time, and all suffered from the same issue, which was monetization versus value. I will say that Sylestia is a lot less pay-to-play than Khimeros (the absolute worst of the lot), but what I was running into was that RL currency was required to do a lot of things that should have been basic gameplay, versus an absolutely abysmal in-game economy.

Like, imagine if 99.999% of dragons on FR cost 1t. Except there's no exalting to actually make money--you just have a ton of absolutely worthless dragons. Combine that with the fact that genetics, while far more interesting than FR as it was multigenerational, was actually hidden--you needed to buy an item with RL money to be able to "scry" (forgot the term) your creature's genes to find out whether they'd have some hidden trait you wanted. And there was a whole weird mechanic with arenas where your creatures had to be a specific level, which wasn't necessarily max level, so you had to purchase a potion to make them unlevelable after you...I think mutated them? I remember there being a huuuuuuge breeding mechanic around this, and max-mutated creatures were basically the only ones worth anything unless it was one loaded up with every possible visual trait. And you had to be prepared to basically do the Egg Cave thing of nudging along other people's hatches if you didn't want your own to take ages.

All in all kind of a mess, but it's been years since I played it, so they may have fixed/improved things since!
9o5YF7O.png
Props to you for putting together a list of similar games. That's super helpful. And I like the idea of adding reviews from other players who have played the games recently. That way we'll know what to expect. And if you're looking for something different, you can always play free action games online for a change of pace. That's what I like to do when I just want to relax a bit. Remember, it's always good to have options and try out different games to find what you enjoy the most. And don't forget to have fun. Let's keep this thread updated.
Props to you for putting together a list of similar games. That's super helpful. And I like the idea of adding reviews from other players who have played the games recently. That way we'll know what to expect. And if you're looking for something different, you can always play free action games online for a change of pace. That's what I like to do when I just want to relax a bit. Remember, it's always good to have options and try out different games to find what you enjoy the most. And don't forget to have fun. Let's keep this thread updated.
1 2 3 4 5 6