Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Games Similar to FR
1 2 3 4 5 6
Have you ever wanted to play a game similar to FR, but don't know where to start?

I certainly have, and it's not the most fun place to be in. Especially since looking up 'creature collection' games just brings up games like Pokemon, Yo-Kai Watch, or Tem Tem--which don't quite scratch that virtual pet-raising itch.

So here I've gathered a list of sites similar to FR--aka virtual pet games. For some, I actually have accounts where I have played. For others, I looked up the name and made sure the site still existed and was actually what I was looking for.

That's why I've split this forum into two parts:

Part 1 - Games I have played and can review, or games reviewed by others on FR that have posted in this forum. That means if you have a game you want added to this list, you can also give a review and I’ll add it! BUT please make sure you have played the game in the past year, otherwise your review might be outdated.

Part 2 - Games with no review, that I have not played.
IF ANYTHING HERE IS INACCURATE, PLEASE CORRECT ME! BUT DO NOT HATE ON MYSELF OR OTHERS FOR THEIR OPINIONS AND/OR MISTAKES! THANK YOU.

Let’s get started!
Collectable Monster Games are like potato chips--you can’t have just one!
Have you ever wanted to play a game similar to FR, but don't know where to start?

I certainly have, and it's not the most fun place to be in. Especially since looking up 'creature collection' games just brings up games like Pokemon, Yo-Kai Watch, or Tem Tem--which don't quite scratch that virtual pet-raising itch.

So here I've gathered a list of sites similar to FR--aka virtual pet games. For some, I actually have accounts where I have played. For others, I looked up the name and made sure the site still existed and was actually what I was looking for.

That's why I've split this forum into two parts:

Part 1 - Games I have played and can review, or games reviewed by others on FR that have posted in this forum. That means if you have a game you want added to this list, you can also give a review and I’ll add it! BUT please make sure you have played the game in the past year, otherwise your review might be outdated.

Part 2 - Games with no review, that I have not played.
IF ANYTHING HERE IS INACCURATE, PLEASE CORRECT ME! BUT DO NOT HATE ON MYSELF OR OTHERS FOR THEIR OPINIONS AND/OR MISTAKES! THANK YOU.

Let’s get started!
13fb5f385f71fe833d6dfbf445161062db5126d7.png76a42df9cd48a24e4d85d880de3b082223a03d70.pngLinkHubFR-100x100.png673f94f0e5ea193ab459222311092ecf96edd814.png5604e7edfc0bfd2f95186912986e39946318743b.png
[center][size=7][b] ! PART 1 ! [b][/size][/center] [b]Atrocity[/b] (from @/Ittermat) [quote=Ittermat]Atrocity is a site Owned by Ittermat that is community driven, our users can create what ever they want and have it used on site- from pets, to items, to maps, to features etc, we want your creativity to help us grow and come together as the best virtual pet site there is! From battling, to genetic pets you can train, battle and breed with, items to find, secrets to explore, places to go, alignments to choose...Theres never boredom on Atrocity! We have a very retro feel with a community who cares! Everyone is welcome as long as they follow the rules! Everyone is also welcome to submit art to the site! It doesnt matter how good or bad you are at art! Creativity is important no matter the skill! Come join us and explore, be creative, find a home... and travel the site with your favorite pet! Make them stronger, find enemies, bring a minipet with you for extra damage! Go back to your house and Let your pet take a break! Collect tons of items, join in on site events! Win trophies and medals! Please come join us for all the fun![/quote] [b]Celestial Equine[/b] Celestial Equine is a game about… Equines. Horses and mythical versions of horses. It has breeding mechanics similar to FR, HOWEVER I remember finding the site hard to maneuver and I gave up on it pretty quickly as I couldn’t figure out what to do. [b](last updated October 3rd, 2020)[/b] [b]Dappervolk[/b] (from @/FruitAndFlower) A pretty fun virtual pet game that mostly focuses on it's RPG elements in which you can travel to various towns in the world and complete quests for all the cute NPCs. You can also use chance machines to get apparel items to put on your little avatar which is actually surprisingly fun to customize. It may not have nearly as much customization as Flight Rising when it comes to the actual pets in the game, though, considering the only real ways you can change their looks is through pet accessories and evolution, but it's still pretty fun nonetheless and the designs for all the creatures and characters are really great. [b](last updated October 5th, 2020)[/b] [b]Draconis Theory[/b] (From @/mysterybox11) [quote=mysterybox11]The game is called Draconis Theory, DT for short. It's a breeding game focused entirely around dragons, with 5 different species to choose from. And you can choose to breed for strength, color, mutation(to get different, special forms of the 5 species) or all three if you so please! The dragons do have a limited lifespan and die after at most I think 12-16 in game years(so 12-16 irl months), so that might be a downside for you. The breeding mechanics are also a little more complex than FR, which is something I personally enjoy. Colors are determined by a base color and a variety of 8 different color modifiers, as well as two separate types of patterns that each have 4 different variations. A dragon can have recessive and dominant color mod genes and patterns, so you'd better know your punnet squares! Strength is something I'm still trying to understand, as the community in this game is rather small so research on how these things work is limited. On the surface, strength is measured in 3 different categories: Primal Arts, Weaponry, and Spell Casting. The different ratings from weakest to strongest are Weak, Fair, Strong, Mighty, and Legendary. It is many breeder's goals to breed LLL(Legendary x 3) dragons, as it is very hard to achieve. I think I'm going to stop here lest I ramble on for another 5 paragraphs lol. So yeah, TL;DR: Dragons. Breed for strength, color, or both. Kinda complex. Fun imo. Also the community is super nice, if a little inactive.[/quote] [b]Furry Paws[/b] (from @/Bronzewing) You get your own kennel of whatever dog breeds you like (and there's a lot of them!) and breed them to be better in show, train them in competitions and the like. It does have genetics and things you need to breed your dogs in- it seems more like a breeding game than a decoration one. Your dogs, while there's SO MANY BREEDS, do look a bit similar after a while. It's not hard to get started with and after a while you can go into professions that let you influence the game (starting your own competitions, forming a vaccination clinic, etc.) Not sure how many people are active on this one but it does tend to run smoothly and people are online. [b](Last Updated November 18th, 2020)[/b] [b]Goatlings[/b] Goats! You have a limited number of goat slots (15, to start, but you can get more with ~Real Money~). 15 may sound like a small number but… as far as customization goes? There’s not a whole lot of options. Imagine if skins were the only way to customize your dragon in FR--yep, that’s Goatlings! It’s not all bad, though, as you CAN customize your avatar to… crazy extremes. I’ve only played for a few hours now, I can’t be called an expert, BUT!! It is pretty fun. :) If anyone’s interested, Moonkitti (aka @/tepig on here) made a video about goatlings, ah, three? Years ago? And that’s what I started with :3 [b](Last Updated January 15th, 2021)[/b] [b]Icepets[/b] (from @/Euchrades0029) Another Neopets copy that I really like a lot is Icepets. It borrows a little from both Neopets and Marapets, but unlike Marapets, Icepets has no offensive content, and players can work with the artists to help create items and pet colours. Icepets is fun and inclusive, but the site can be pretty quiet at times. The site art isn't as sophisticated as it is on Subeta, but it's still really nice. No breeding features, sadly. However, Icepets is ideal for people who might have wandered away from Neopets or Marapets and would like a similar site to enjoy without the drama as on the other sites. :) [b](last updated January 28th, 2023)[/b] [b]Leporidae[/b] (from @/absinthy) "Leporidae is an online multiplayer rabbit breeding and showing game. Raise your own virtual rabbits, buy and sale from other players, and compete for awards." (Review) Leporidae simulates running your own rabbitry. You can choose to raise realistic or fantasy rabbits as the site offers a wide variety of both. It isn't as active as some other pet sites, but there are always a handful of dedicated players online and in the official discord. The site features great artwork, interesting show and breeding mechanics through the use of stat and trait values, a full color genetics system, site-wide holiday events, raffles, a rabbit cryostasis feature that prevents aging, and more. [b](last updated October 7th, 2020)[/b] [b]Lioden[/b] (from @/Bronzewing) Lion breeding game. It's 16+ only, so it can get away with more things. Rather active site, activity tends to jump around a few times of the day. Mostly focused on breeding and dressing up your lions! Breeding is for lion mutations, rare bases (colors) and markings (like genes)- there's a ton of options and new stuff coming every so often, so there's lots of possibilities! The game has an intuitive explore function where you can fight enemies, claim new basic ladies, and travel around biomes- there's also monthly events which change some of the explore encounters! (At the time of writing, the November event is Whispering Ancestors- you can see shaman lions in explore and use herbs/gems for crafting.) Your lions CAN die, but only of old age- instead if you don't feed them they can run away and you need to pay game currency to get them back. It does work off a rollover system so your kitties don't lose mood/hunger if you don't come in! [b](Last Updated November 18th, 2020)[/b] [b]Mweor[/b] Mweor is a game about breeding and raising cats. The cats have elemental typings that decide their species, and by breeding them they can have a large number of genes. There’s no limit to how many genes a cat can have! There’s even a battle mechanic called the wild area where you can encounter wild cats and convince them to join you. However, after 100 days your cats are unable to breed or fight, and ultimately become useless. This deterred me from continuing the game, as I dislike time constraints. On the other hand, there’s no need to buy slots to get more cats. [b](last updated October 3rd, 2020)[/b] [b]Pony Island[/b] (From @/RandomRaven) Not the horror game, but there's a breeding game called Pony Island as well. It's pretty much just an mlp breeding game. It has genes and stuff, but colors are a lot harder to predict since the colors are all random hex numbers. Really hard to start as a newbie, you have to pay real money to gain full access to the site. Honestly, main drawback is that Ponies can actually die from lack of attention, food, vetrinary care, ect. There's no way to get them back after that, and its sad :( [b](Last updated October 7th, 2020)[/b] [b]Poppyseed Pets[/b] (from @/SpaceShipRat) pets are very tiny and have only one or two color areas, but they can still be bred, and it's all about them spontaneously taking hourly actions and learning various skills from fishing to collecting ingredients for food recipes, to crafting their own tools. They have a friends and lovers system and autonomously decide when and who to "breed" with, basically it's a fairly deep simulation of their personality. Very community active dev, used to run Psypets. [b](Last Updated October 4th, 2020)[/b] [b]Subeta[/b] (from @/Zucni) Subeta is a game that’s similar to old school Neopets but imho better art. There a various fantasy animals that you can have as pets that come in lots of colors. You also have a human avatar for the forums that you can dress up. You must be at least 13 years or older to sign up per their site policy. "Enter a fun community where you can adopt a virtual pet, dress up a human avatar with thousands of different clothes, and make friends on our forums! Join today to pick a pet, get a starter kit of cool items and start having fun right away! Hundreds of users are enjoying Subeta right now." [b](Last Updated October 7th, 2020)[/b] [b]Sylestia[/b] Sylestia has many different species and customization options. It surrounds magical creatures and has an RPG battle/storyline mechanic. However, money was hard to come by and you couldn’t expand your creature holding slots without paying actual money, or spending years slowing collecting gems in game. [b](last updated October 3rd, 2020)[/b] [b]Rescreatu[/b] (From @/Adabat) [quote name="Adabat" date="2020-10-06 11:11:53" ] Rescreatu is kind of like neopets i guess (ive never played neopets...) It's a general creature collecting game where you raise pets. You cant dress pets up, but you can apply effects and different colors to them outside of naturally hatched colors. You're actually given a human avatar that you can dress up, which has a whole market of its own. Pets CAN die on the site, but its really difficult to have a pet die if you're actively playing the game. Events are kind of a mess right now, but there are quests/games that are available year round. I think that's all the important stuff... It used to be traffic heavy a while ago, but kind of dropped off recently. I'd love to see more people join the site because it's pretty small right now. I generally send some currency to newbies if they play for at least a week so if you join hmu x3 [/quote] [b](Last updated October 7th, 2020)[/b] [b]Tattered World[/b] (From @/FruitAndFlower) I haven't exactly played that much of this game to really know how good it is cause personally I'm still pretty new to it, but from the looks of things it doesn't really seem all that bad and the pet designs are pretty nice and the minigames are fun, too. The only real drawback is probably how quiet the community seems at the moment, but new people are always joining so that might not last. Who knows! [b](last updated October 5th, 2020)[/b] [b]Wajas[/b] (From @/Cinderfire) I remember I quickly lost interest in Wajas. Wajas Coins (wc) are hard to come by, and as a newbie you are 90% dependent on rich players giving you a jumpstart. I did love all of the gene colors and combinations, the customization is a 10/10. However, there are a lot of ugly Waja because of all of the different genes that can be pulled onto each other. [b](Last updated October 7th, 2020)[/b] [b]Wolf Play Game[/b] (From @/Bronzewing) This is another wolf petsite! Art style isn't the most detailed/interesting but there's a lot of options for wolves and it's not too hard to breed for the best ones. Economy seems to be a bit weird on this one, but it's not bad- and while the community is a bit strange I haven't had issues with it. Your wolves DO die, but only after 17 years+, they have a chance to die every in-game year after that. It has an explore system that works off explore moves and a grid system, where you need to cover all the spaces by moving your wolves there. Along the way there's stuff to fight, hunt, etc. It's VERY stat-based, with your abilities in explore based off the Character Points of your wolves (how much empathy, battle, etc.) they have and then their fighting experience. There's minor events like the Full Moon Celebration from the 5th to the 8th of every month and then fall/Halloween events. [b](Last Updated November 18th, 2020)[/b] [b]Wolvden[/b] (from @/NickyJade156) (paragraph taken from Wolvden's site) Wolvden features a full breeding and customised genetics system complete with mutations, an event-packed environment you can explore and hunt in and unlimited customisation and decoration options for all members of your pack! With regular updates, lore and roleplay opportunities to suit your playstyle and stories that unfold based on your choices, why not get started now and create your starter wolf! Establish your pack in a breathtaking biome of your choice - from the icy depths of the glacier to the hottest bite of desert sand, you'll discover and locate the right home for your wolves. Create a dynasty that travels through the ages, breeding the next generation and honing their skills to fill different roles as you see fit. Befriend new pack members and battle your enemies while your pack follows your instructions: hunters form hunting parties and bring down the prey in your lands, scouts find and uncover new places to explore, herbalists mix medicines and cure injured and ill wolves while pupsitters stay home to protect the kids. Sister game of Lioden. [b](Release is October 19th, 2020)[/b] [b]4dopt[/b] (From @/SpaceShipRat) a "make your own" game where you can upload your own lineart and layers and basically create your own series of breedable adoptables. Very customizable, you can make your species freely recolorable, or rare, or unbreedable and sell customs. Gameplay wise it's kind of the mirror opposite of Poppyseedpets: Pets are not partcularly interactive, there's basically just one "EXPLORE" button you repeatedly hit and various areas to find items and wild pets in, but really it's just about catching, breeding and selling pets. Very new, but also very active dev. (also a dev for Warrenz, a bunny adoptable game) [b](Last Updated October 4th, 2020)[/b] [rule] [center][size=7][b] ! PART 2 ! [b][/size][/center] Alacrity (Dogs) Atrocity (Fantasy Creatures) Aywas (Real and Fantasy Creatures) BeastKeeper (Fantasy Creatures) Celestial Equine (Horses) Chicken Smoothie (General Animals) Dappervolk (Humanoids) Draconis Theory (Dragons) (From @/mysterybox11) DragCave (Dragons) (From @/Zikitty) Egg Cave (Fantasy Creatures) Eliyo (Fantasy Creatures) [s]Exhibited (Dinosaurs)[/s] --sequel being made, currently closed-- Felinity (Cats) Felisfire (Cats) Furry Paws (Dogs) Furvilla (Furries) Goatlings (Goats) (From @/Enri) Gryffs (From @/Maysun) Horse Reality (Horses) (From @/trinshutup) Howrse (Horses) Icepets (Fantasy Creatures) (From @/Euchrades0029) Khimeros (Fantasy Creatures) Leayph (Fantasy Creatures) Leporidae (Rabbits) Lioden (Lions) Lorwolf (From @/Maysun) Magistream (???) [s]Marapets (???) (From @/Enri)[/s] ([url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2916287/3#post_51699837]Warning / Notice about Marapets[/url], thanks @/draconicpatches) Mweor (Cats) Mycena Cave (???) Neopets (Fantasy and Real Animals) (From @/sadrice) Novilar (General Animals) Ovipets (Based on Real Creatures) Pawborough (Cats) [i]Still in kickstarter[/i] Pixel Cat's End (Cats) (From @/breakcore, and apparently made by @/squidragon) PixPets (Fantasy Creatures) (From @/gemhue) Pocket Puma Pets (Pumas) PokeFarm Q (Pokemon) Pony Island (Horses) Poppyseed Pets (Various) Psypets (From @/Maysun) Rescreatu (Fantasy Creatures) Subeta (Fantasy Creatures) Sylestia (Fantasy Creatures) Tattered World (Fantasy Creatures) The Rabbitry (Rabbits) Wajas (Wolves) Wolfplaygame (Wolves) (From @/Zikitty) Wolvden (Wolves) Woolly Hooves (Llamas) 4Adopt (???) [rule] [center][b]Collectable Monster Games are like potato chips--you can’t have just one![/b][/center]
! PART 1 !

Atrocity (from @/Ittermat)
Ittermat wrote:
Atrocity is a site Owned by Ittermat that is community driven, our users can create what ever they want and have it used on site- from pets, to items, to maps, to features etc, we want your creativity to help us grow and come together as the best virtual pet site there is!

From battling, to genetic pets you can train, battle and breed with, items to find, secrets to explore, places to go, alignments to choose...Theres never boredom on Atrocity!
We have a very retro feel with a community who cares! Everyone is welcome as long as they follow the rules!
Everyone is also welcome to submit art to the site! It doesnt matter how good or bad you are at art! Creativity is important no matter the skill!

Come join us and explore, be creative, find a home... and travel the site with your favorite pet! Make them stronger, find enemies, bring a minipet with you for extra damage! Go back to your house and Let your pet take a break! Collect tons of items, join in on site events! Win trophies and medals!
Please come join us for all the fun!

Celestial Equine
Celestial Equine is a game about… Equines. Horses and mythical versions of horses. It has breeding mechanics similar to FR, HOWEVER I remember finding the site hard to maneuver and I gave up on it pretty quickly as I couldn’t figure out what to do. (last updated October 3rd, 2020)

Dappervolk (from @/FruitAndFlower)
A pretty fun virtual pet game that mostly focuses on it's RPG elements in which you can travel to various towns in the world and complete quests for all the cute NPCs. You can also use chance machines to get apparel items to put on your little avatar which is actually surprisingly fun to customize. It may not have nearly as much customization as Flight Rising when it comes to the actual pets in the game, though, considering the only real ways you can change their looks is through pet accessories and evolution, but it's still pretty fun nonetheless and the designs for all the creatures and characters are really great. (last updated October 5th, 2020)

Draconis Theory (From @/mysterybox11)
mysterybox11 wrote:
The game is called Draconis Theory, DT for short.

It's a breeding game focused entirely around dragons, with 5 different species to choose from. And you can choose to breed for strength, color, mutation(to get different, special forms of the 5 species) or all three if you so please! The dragons do have a limited lifespan and die after at most I think 12-16 in game years(so 12-16 irl months), so that might be a downside for you.

The breeding mechanics are also a little more complex than FR, which is something I personally enjoy. Colors are determined by a base color and a variety of 8 different color modifiers, as well as two separate types of patterns that each have 4 different variations. A dragon can have recessive and dominant color mod genes and patterns, so you'd better know your punnet squares!

Strength is something I'm still trying to understand, as the community in this game is rather small so research on how these things work is limited. On the surface, strength is measured in 3 different categories: Primal Arts, Weaponry, and Spell Casting. The different ratings from weakest to strongest are Weak, Fair, Strong, Mighty, and Legendary. It is many breeder's goals to breed LLL(Legendary x 3) dragons, as it is very hard to achieve.

I think I'm going to stop here lest I ramble on for another 5 paragraphs lol.

So yeah, TL;DR: Dragons. Breed for strength, color, or both. Kinda complex. Fun imo. Also the community is super nice, if a little inactive.

Furry Paws (from @/Bronzewing)
You get your own kennel of whatever dog breeds you like (and there's a lot of them!) and breed them to be better in show, train them in competitions and the like. It does have genetics and things you need to breed your dogs in- it seems more like a breeding game than a decoration one. Your dogs, while there's SO MANY BREEDS, do look a bit similar after a while. It's not hard to get started with and after a while you can go into professions that let you influence the game (starting your own competitions, forming a vaccination clinic, etc.) Not sure how many people are active on this one but it does tend to run smoothly and people are online. (Last Updated November 18th, 2020)

Goatlings
Goats! You have a limited number of goat slots (15, to start, but you can get more with ~Real Money~). 15 may sound like a small number but… as far as customization goes? There’s not a whole lot of options. Imagine if skins were the only way to customize your dragon in FR--yep, that’s Goatlings! It’s not all bad, though, as you CAN customize your avatar to… crazy extremes. I’ve only played for a few hours now, I can’t be called an expert, BUT!! It is pretty fun. :) If anyone’s interested, Moonkitti (aka @/tepig on here) made a video about goatlings, ah, three? Years ago? And that’s what I started with :3 (Last Updated January 15th, 2021)

Icepets (from @/Euchrades0029)
Another Neopets copy that I really like a lot is Icepets. It borrows a little from both Neopets and Marapets, but unlike Marapets, Icepets has no offensive content, and players can work with the artists to help create items and pet colours. Icepets is fun and inclusive, but the site can be pretty quiet at times. The site art isn't as sophisticated as it is on Subeta, but it's still really nice. No breeding features, sadly. However, Icepets is ideal for people who might have wandered away from Neopets or Marapets and would like a similar site to enjoy without the drama as on the other sites. :) (last updated January 28th, 2023)

Leporidae (from @/absinthy)
"Leporidae is an online multiplayer rabbit breeding and showing game. Raise your own virtual rabbits, buy and sale from other players, and compete for awards." (Review) Leporidae simulates running your own rabbitry. You can choose to raise realistic or fantasy rabbits as the site offers a wide variety of both. It isn't as active as some other pet sites, but there are always a handful of dedicated players online and in the official discord. The site features great artwork, interesting show and breeding mechanics through the use of stat and trait values, a full color genetics system, site-wide holiday events, raffles, a rabbit cryostasis feature that prevents aging, and more. (last updated October 7th, 2020)

Lioden (from @/Bronzewing)
Lion breeding game. It's 16+ only, so it can get away with more things. Rather active site, activity tends to jump around a few times of the day. Mostly focused on breeding and dressing up your lions! Breeding is for lion mutations, rare bases (colors) and markings (like genes)- there's a ton of options and new stuff coming every so often, so there's lots of possibilities! The game has an intuitive explore function where you can fight enemies, claim new basic ladies, and travel around biomes- there's also monthly events which change some of the explore encounters! (At the time of writing, the November event is Whispering Ancestors- you can see shaman lions in explore and use herbs/gems for crafting.) Your lions CAN die, but only of old age- instead if you don't feed them they can run away and you need to pay game currency to get them back. It does work off a rollover system so your kitties don't lose mood/hunger if you don't come in! (Last Updated November 18th, 2020)

Mweor
Mweor is a game about breeding and raising cats. The cats have elemental typings that decide their species, and by breeding them they can have a large number of genes. There’s no limit to how many genes a cat can have! There’s even a battle mechanic called the wild area where you can encounter wild cats and convince them to join you. However, after 100 days your cats are unable to breed or fight, and ultimately become useless. This deterred me from continuing the game, as I dislike time constraints. On the other hand, there’s no need to buy slots to get more cats. (last updated October 3rd, 2020)

Pony Island (From @/RandomRaven)
Not the horror game, but there's a breeding game called Pony Island as well. It's pretty much just an mlp breeding game. It has genes and stuff, but colors are a lot harder to predict since the colors are all random hex numbers. Really hard to start as a newbie, you have to pay real money to gain full access to the site. Honestly, main drawback is that Ponies can actually die from lack of attention, food, vetrinary care, ect. There's no way to get them back after that, and its sad :( (Last updated October 7th, 2020)

Poppyseed Pets (from @/SpaceShipRat)
pets are very tiny and have only one or two color areas, but they can still be bred, and it's all about them spontaneously taking hourly actions and learning various skills from fishing to collecting ingredients for food recipes, to crafting their own tools. They have a friends and lovers system and autonomously decide when and who to "breed" with, basically it's a fairly deep simulation of their personality. Very community active dev, used to run Psypets. (Last Updated October 4th, 2020)

Subeta (from @/Zucni)
Subeta is a game that’s similar to old school Neopets but imho better art. There a various fantasy animals that you can have as pets that come in lots of colors. You also have a human avatar for the forums that you can dress up. You must be at least 13 years or older to sign up per their site policy. "Enter a fun community where you can adopt a virtual pet, dress up a human avatar with thousands of different clothes, and make friends on our forums! Join today to pick a pet, get a starter kit of cool items and start having fun right away! Hundreds of users are enjoying Subeta right now." (Last Updated October 7th, 2020)

Sylestia
Sylestia has many different species and customization options. It surrounds magical creatures and has an RPG battle/storyline mechanic. However, money was hard to come by and you couldn’t expand your creature holding slots without paying actual money, or spending years slowing collecting gems in game. (last updated October 3rd, 2020)

Rescreatu (From @/Adabat)
Adabat wrote on 2020-10-06 11:11:53:
Rescreatu is kind of like neopets i guess (ive never played neopets...)
It's a general creature collecting game where you raise pets.

You cant dress pets up, but you can apply effects and different colors to them outside of naturally hatched colors.
You're actually given a human avatar that you can dress up, which has a whole market of its own.
Pets CAN die on the site, but its really difficult to have a pet die if you're actively playing the game.
Events are kind of a mess right now, but there are quests/games that are available year round.

I think that's all the important stuff...
It used to be traffic heavy a while ago, but kind of dropped off recently. I'd love to see more people join the site because it's pretty small right now.

I generally send some currency to newbies if they play for at least a week so if you join hmu x3
(Last updated October 7th, 2020)

Tattered World (From @/FruitAndFlower)
I haven't exactly played that much of this game to really know how good it is cause personally I'm still pretty new to it, but from the looks of things it doesn't really seem all that bad and the pet designs are pretty nice and the minigames are fun, too. The only real drawback is probably how quiet the community seems at the moment, but new people are always joining so that might not last. Who knows! (last updated October 5th, 2020)

Wajas (From @/Cinderfire)
I remember I quickly lost interest in Wajas. Wajas Coins (wc) are hard to come by, and as a newbie you are 90% dependent on rich players giving you a jumpstart. I did love all of the gene colors and combinations, the customization is a 10/10. However, there are a lot of ugly Waja because of all of the different genes that can be pulled onto each other. (Last updated October 7th, 2020)

Wolf Play Game (From @/Bronzewing)
This is another wolf petsite! Art style isn't the most detailed/interesting but there's a lot of options for wolves and it's not too hard to breed for the best ones. Economy seems to be a bit weird on this one, but it's not bad- and while the community is a bit strange I haven't had issues with it. Your wolves DO die, but only after 17 years+, they have a chance to die every in-game year after that. It has an explore system that works off explore moves and a grid system, where you need to cover all the spaces by moving your wolves there. Along the way there's stuff to fight, hunt, etc. It's VERY stat-based, with your abilities in explore based off the Character Points of your wolves (how much empathy, battle, etc.) they have and then their fighting experience. There's minor events like the Full Moon Celebration from the 5th to the 8th of every month and then fall/Halloween events. (Last Updated November 18th, 2020)

Wolvden (from @/NickyJade156)
(paragraph taken from Wolvden's site)
Wolvden features a full breeding and customised genetics system complete with mutations, an event-packed environment you can explore and hunt in and unlimited customisation and decoration options for all members of your pack! With regular updates, lore and roleplay opportunities to suit your playstyle and stories that unfold based on your choices, why not get started now and create your starter wolf! Establish your pack in a breathtaking biome of your choice - from the icy depths of the glacier to the hottest bite of desert sand, you'll discover and locate the right home for your wolves. Create a dynasty that travels through the ages, breeding the next generation and honing their skills to fill different roles as you see fit. Befriend new pack members and battle your enemies while your pack follows your instructions: hunters form hunting parties and bring down the prey in your lands, scouts find and uncover new places to explore, herbalists mix medicines and cure injured and ill wolves while pupsitters stay home to protect the kids. Sister game of Lioden. (Release is October 19th, 2020)

4dopt (From @/SpaceShipRat)
a "make your own" game where you can upload your own lineart and layers and basically create your own series of breedable adoptables. Very customizable, you can make your species freely recolorable, or rare, or unbreedable and sell customs.
Gameplay wise it's kind of the mirror opposite of Poppyseedpets: Pets are not partcularly interactive, there's basically just one "EXPLORE" button you repeatedly hit and various areas to find items and wild pets in, but really it's just about catching, breeding and selling pets. Very new, but also very active dev. (also a dev for Warrenz, a bunny adoptable game) (Last Updated October 4th, 2020)

! PART 2 !

Alacrity (Dogs)
Atrocity (Fantasy Creatures)
Aywas (Real and Fantasy Creatures)
BeastKeeper (Fantasy Creatures)
Celestial Equine (Horses)
Chicken Smoothie (General Animals)
Dappervolk (Humanoids)
Draconis Theory (Dragons) (From @/mysterybox11)
DragCave (Dragons) (From @/Zikitty)
Egg Cave (Fantasy Creatures)
Eliyo (Fantasy Creatures)
Exhibited (Dinosaurs) --sequel being made, currently closed--
Felinity (Cats)
Felisfire (Cats)
Furry Paws (Dogs)
Furvilla (Furries)
Goatlings (Goats) (From @/Enri)
Gryffs (From @/Maysun)
Horse Reality (Horses) (From @/trinshutup)
Howrse (Horses)
Icepets (Fantasy Creatures) (From @/Euchrades0029)
Khimeros (Fantasy Creatures)
Leayph (Fantasy Creatures)
Leporidae (Rabbits)
Lioden (Lions)
Lorwolf (From @/Maysun)
Magistream (???)
Marapets (???) (From @/Enri) (Warning / Notice about Marapets, thanks @/draconicpatches)
Mweor (Cats)
Mycena Cave (???)
Neopets (Fantasy and Real Animals) (From @/sadrice)
Novilar (General Animals)
Ovipets (Based on Real Creatures)
Pawborough (Cats) Still in kickstarter
Pixel Cat's End (Cats) (From @/breakcore, and apparently made by @/squidragon)
PixPets (Fantasy Creatures) (From @/gemhue)
Pocket Puma Pets (Pumas)
PokeFarm Q (Pokemon)
Pony Island (Horses)
Poppyseed Pets (Various)
Psypets (From @/Maysun)
Rescreatu (Fantasy Creatures)
Subeta (Fantasy Creatures)
Sylestia (Fantasy Creatures)
Tattered World (Fantasy Creatures)
The Rabbitry (Rabbits)
Wajas (Wolves)
Wolfplaygame (Wolves) (From @/Zikitty)
Wolvden (Wolves)
Woolly Hooves (Llamas)
4Adopt (???)

13fb5f385f71fe833d6dfbf445161062db5126d7.png76a42df9cd48a24e4d85d880de3b082223a03d70.pngLinkHubFR-100x100.png673f94f0e5ea193ab459222311092ecf96edd814.png5604e7edfc0bfd2f95186912986e39946318743b.png
{reserved}

((Just in case!))
{reserved}

((Just in case!))
Poppyseed Pets: pets are very tiny and have only one or two color areas, but they can still be bred, and it's all about them spontaneously taking hourly actions and learning various skills from fishing to collecting ingredients for food recipes, to crafting their own tools. They have a friends and lovers system and autonomously decide when and who to "breed" with, basically it's a fairly deep simulation of their personality. Very community active dev, used to run Psypets.

4dopt: a "make your own" game where you can upload your own lineart and layers and basically create your own series of breedable adoptables. Very customizable, you can make your species freely recolorable, or rare, or unbreedable and sell customs.

Gameplay wise it's kind of the mirror opposite of Poppyseedpets: Pets are not partcularly interactive, there's basically just one "EXPLORE" button you repeatedly hit and various areas to find items and wild pets in, but really it's just about catching, breeding and selling pets. Very new, but also very active dev. (also a dev for Warrenz, a bunny adoptable game)
Poppyseed Pets: pets are very tiny and have only one or two color areas, but they can still be bred, and it's all about them spontaneously taking hourly actions and learning various skills from fishing to collecting ingredients for food recipes, to crafting their own tools. They have a friends and lovers system and autonomously decide when and who to "breed" with, basically it's a fairly deep simulation of their personality. Very community active dev, used to run Psypets.

4dopt: a "make your own" game where you can upload your own lineart and layers and basically create your own series of breedable adoptables. Very customizable, you can make your species freely recolorable, or rare, or unbreedable and sell customs.

Gameplay wise it's kind of the mirror opposite of Poppyseedpets: Pets are not partcularly interactive, there's basically just one "EXPLORE" button you repeatedly hit and various areas to find items and wild pets in, but really it's just about catching, breeding and selling pets. Very new, but also very active dev. (also a dev for Warrenz, a bunny adoptable game)
@SpaceShipRat Thank you for the suggestions! :D
@SpaceShipRat Thank you for the suggestions! :D
I have some suggestions of my own that I thought I'd add:

Dappervolk: A pretty fun virtual pet game that mostly focuses on it's RPG elements in which you can travel to various towns in the world and complete quests for all the cute NPCs. You can also use chance machines to get apparel items to put on your little avatar which is actually surprisingly fun to customize. It may not have nearly as much customization as Flight Rising when it comes to the actual pets in the game, though, considering the only real ways you can change their looks is through pet accessories and evolution, but it's still pretty fun nonetheless and the designs for all the creatures and characters are really great.

Tattered World: I haven't exactly played that much of this game to really know how good it is cause personally I'm still pretty new to it, but from the looks of things it doesn't really seem all that bad and the pet designs are pretty nice and the minigames are fun, too. The only real drawback is probably how quiet the community seems at the moment, but new people are always joining so that might not last. Who knows!

Anyway, that's about it. I've also tried games like Sylestia and Manapets but to be honest I wasn't a huge fan of those and someone already suggested Sylestia so yeah.
I have some suggestions of my own that I thought I'd add:

Dappervolk: A pretty fun virtual pet game that mostly focuses on it's RPG elements in which you can travel to various towns in the world and complete quests for all the cute NPCs. You can also use chance machines to get apparel items to put on your little avatar which is actually surprisingly fun to customize. It may not have nearly as much customization as Flight Rising when it comes to the actual pets in the game, though, considering the only real ways you can change their looks is through pet accessories and evolution, but it's still pretty fun nonetheless and the designs for all the creatures and characters are really great.

Tattered World: I haven't exactly played that much of this game to really know how good it is cause personally I'm still pretty new to it, but from the looks of things it doesn't really seem all that bad and the pet designs are pretty nice and the minigames are fun, too. The only real drawback is probably how quiet the community seems at the moment, but new people are always joining so that might not last. Who knows!

Anyway, that's about it. I've also tried games like Sylestia and Manapets but to be honest I wasn't a huge fan of those and someone already suggested Sylestia so yeah.
deity_windsinger_by_dogi_crimson-da5hmn0.gif FMoJ9vk.png
H2jRHgT.png
J7D1quC.png

Hi, I'm Fruit! I'm a digital artist, amateur fiction writer, aspiring musician (bass), but most of all: a professional idiot. My two favorite things are rock 'n roll and frillback pigeons.
ezgif-3-3eb9aae531.gif

FMoJ9vk.pngRDt6LqI.pngJ7D1quC.png
uQA55c0.pngimage0.giftumblr_inline_oki6607XCW1tfmvub_100.png
@Syndasch

Marapets is one too. :P I should've added that one when I messaged you haha
@Syndasch

Marapets is one too. :P I should've added that one when I messaged you haha
1810_blushy_froggie.png6858_wonder_froggie.png
g]
I know of DragCave and Wolfplaygame, but I'm not active on either.
(DragCave: dragons)
(Wolfplaygame: wolves)
I know of DragCave and Wolfplaygame, but I'm not active on either.
(DragCave: dragons)
(Wolfplaygame: wolves)
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
@FruitAndFlower , @Enri , @Zikitty

Thank you for the additions. I'll be checking some of those out :D
@FruitAndFlower , @Enri , @Zikitty

Thank you for the additions. I'll be checking some of those out :D
Neopets is a classic, actually found this on a forum while looking for neopets advice
Neopets is a classic, actually found this on a forum while looking for neopets advice
he/they
1 2 3 4 5 6