Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Rollercoasters: love or hate 'em?
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I really enjoy the ones with biiiig over-the-shoulder safety straps, but I do not really enjoy the ones with just a lap-bar because I feel like imma fall out, even if the lap-bar only coasters are overall tamer.
I really enjoy the ones with biiiig over-the-shoulder safety straps, but I do not really enjoy the ones with just a lap-bar because I feel like imma fall out, even if the lap-bar only coasters are overall tamer.
y6Tz96p.pngFObX7rS.pngy6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
@southwest
Yes, air time is one of the best sensations there is in life. I relish it.

@CatInDisguise
Lap bar coasters aren't necessarily "tamer." Yes, lap bar coasters don't have inversions, but many lap bar coasters are older. And older usually means rougher due to being made before computer-assisted design. Coaster engineers used to have to weld the steel pieces together by hand. And wooden coasters are almost always rougher than steel ones, and they usually have a lap bar due to inversions not being possible with pure wood track. It really is all semantics about what one individual perceives as "thrilling." Like, for me, I'll always take an older steel coaster with a lap bar than a new inversion coaster. You get more air time.
@southwest
Yes, air time is one of the best sensations there is in life. I relish it.

@CatInDisguise
Lap bar coasters aren't necessarily "tamer." Yes, lap bar coasters don't have inversions, but many lap bar coasters are older. And older usually means rougher due to being made before computer-assisted design. Coaster engineers used to have to weld the steel pieces together by hand. And wooden coasters are almost always rougher than steel ones, and they usually have a lap bar due to inversions not being possible with pure wood track. It really is all semantics about what one individual perceives as "thrilling." Like, for me, I'll always take an older steel coaster with a lap bar than a new inversion coaster. You get more air time.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
I love and miss roller coasters so much. [emoji=spiral sad size=2] That's probably the thing I miss the most this year. I used to have a season pass to Great America and my parents and I would go all the time. I love the rush so much, and while some things from heights still really scare me (I will NOT do any bungee jumping/similar things like that at parks or anywhere) the fear from big coasters or drop towers is so good. Reminds me that I am alive and that things aren't so scary. Like if I can survive a big coaster, I can do a lot. ;p
I love and miss roller coasters so much.

That's probably the thing I miss the most this year. I used to have a season pass to Great America and my parents and I would go all the time. I love the rush so much, and while some things from heights still really scare me (I will NOT do any bungee jumping/similar things like that at parks or anywhere) the fear from big coasters or drop towers is so good. Reminds me that I am alive and that things aren't so scary. Like if I can survive a big coaster, I can do a lot. ;p
eP65k0J.png
love love LOOOVE riding rollercosters (the scarier the better!) but i don't have much interest in them besides tht
love love LOOOVE riding rollercosters (the scarier the better!) but i don't have much interest in them besides tht
8WTwXo3.gif he/they/xey
chaotic neutral
g585y1V.png
OxagJgG.png

z3FSuck.png
apUeZZ4.png
W3QjiXj.png tI1ezOM.png
2557821.png
@Dracowolfie
Ditto. Worst thing about the pandemic changes was that I had to miss out on my yearly trip to Cedar Point. First year I haven't gone since 2004. And it was the park's 150th anniversary, too. Luckily, they're postponing their full celebration until next year, but still, it was supposed to be a banner year.

In other news, since we may still need to wear masks in 2021, I'm going to buy a Magnum face mask on the CP store website to wear for next year. I will not miss two years in a row!
@Dracowolfie
Ditto. Worst thing about the pandemic changes was that I had to miss out on my yearly trip to Cedar Point. First year I haven't gone since 2004. And it was the park's 150th anniversary, too. Luckily, they're postponing their full celebration until next year, but still, it was supposed to be a banner year.

In other news, since we may still need to wear masks in 2021, I'm going to buy a Magnum face mask on the CP store website to wear for next year. I will not miss two years in a row!
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
Like them, but I've seen so many accidents and not good things happen on them and most are so fast and tall...
I'm terrified of heights and people screaming while it going so fast would probably make me zone out and have my anxiety take over.
I'd probably come off of one of those intense rollercoasters and be like, near death because of pure anxiety and fear overriding my system.
Like them, but I've seen so many accidents and not good things happen on them and most are so fast and tall...
I'm terrified of heights and people screaming while it going so fast would probably make me zone out and have my anxiety take over.
I'd probably come off of one of those intense rollercoasters and be like, near death because of pure anxiety and fear overriding my system.
Hi
I do cheap commissions
And I roleplay MxM and MxF roleplays
PM me if you're interested about either
i like medium sized ones. i'm scared of heights.
i like medium sized ones. i'm scared of heights.
wqnTQE2.png
addams » she / her » avatar dragon
“i think i might have fallen in love...”
”...what am i to do?”

I love them and really want to go to an amusement park again after this whole pandemic ends
I love them and really want to go to an amusement park again after this whole pandemic ends
Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
I hate them.

But once I am forced to ride one, realize that "heyyy I didn't die" I will attempt to ride every single one in the vicinity until I can't anymore. The only exception, is the ones that are, less stereotypical rollercoastery? like the ones that flip around while going up and down, I have never stepped foot in one, and I never will.
I hate them.

But once I am forced to ride one, realize that "heyyy I didn't die" I will attempt to ride every single one in the vicinity until I can't anymore. The only exception, is the ones that are, less stereotypical rollercoastery? like the ones that flip around while going up and down, I have never stepped foot in one, and I never will.
6U6lWPg.pngWRPJKhj.png
P E R E G R I N
rO50KyM.png
she/they
free giveaway

wishlist
art shop
HxP6kXi.pngqKZAaLK.png0jScwbh.pngxe4FQbY.pngDWI9puz.pngybizMWD.png7GFlGJN.pngTrnD1Pw.png
DHc3orZ.pngDHc3orZ.png
love them! a lot! the only ones that i really can't do are the circular ones that go around and upside down and they stop at the top for a long time. i genuinely feel like i'm going to fall out of them, i don't think i could do one of those ever again x_x i do enjoy like. every other rollercoaster though!

i've actually been on the highest altitude rollercoaster in america, the cliffhanger! it was probably my favorite one i've ever been on! one of the pros of living in colorado :-]
love them! a lot! the only ones that i really can't do are the circular ones that go around and upside down and they stop at the top for a long time. i genuinely feel like i'm going to fall out of them, i don't think i could do one of those ever again x_x i do enjoy like. every other rollercoaster though!

i've actually been on the highest altitude rollercoaster in america, the cliffhanger! it was probably my favorite one i've ever been on! one of the pros of living in colorado :-]
z8Qo9nt.gif

spencer - they/he/ix - fr +1
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13