Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Do you cuss/curse
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 36 37
a lot of the time, yeah, but it gets kinda annoying when other people do it especially when they say sprinkle it in every other sentence. it makes them unlikable if im honest!
a lot of the time, yeah, but it gets kinda annoying when other people do it especially when they say sprinkle it in every other sentence. it makes them unlikable if im honest!
I usually hiss like a kettle (if, say, the chair ambushes me).

Because using any "real" swearwords doesn't feel like something I wanna do and as for "probably swearwords, but they don't quite count" - from Artemis Fowl's "D'Arvit" to the mention of 6-legged crocodiles or using a scary-sounding foreign word - I am not steady and single-minded enough to make any of them the default, so my vocal apparatus is at a loss when the stubbed toe wants to vent.

So, "hasshha" it usually is.

Colourful insults/cusses in books, ones that don't use even a single swearword, yet still descriptively explain everything, are my favourite. I never use them (I haven't got the speed of imagination, and non-repeat-ability is an important part of it!), but I like reading them.

Because somebody being called a "subatomic, non-prime, orange scoundrel" is far more interesting than the boring use of two verbs and three nouns I sometimes hear in films/streets - and far more conflict-resolving, because I'm sure the callee will be baffled at least for a bit! :D
I usually hiss like a kettle (if, say, the chair ambushes me).

Because using any "real" swearwords doesn't feel like something I wanna do and as for "probably swearwords, but they don't quite count" - from Artemis Fowl's "D'Arvit" to the mention of 6-legged crocodiles or using a scary-sounding foreign word - I am not steady and single-minded enough to make any of them the default, so my vocal apparatus is at a loss when the stubbed toe wants to vent.

So, "hasshha" it usually is.

Colourful insults/cusses in books, ones that don't use even a single swearword, yet still descriptively explain everything, are my favourite. I never use them (I haven't got the speed of imagination, and non-repeat-ability is an important part of it!), but I like reading them.

Because somebody being called a "subatomic, non-prime, orange scoundrel" is far more interesting than the boring use of two verbs and three nouns I sometimes hear in films/streets - and far more conflict-resolving, because I'm sure the callee will be baffled at least for a bit! :D
rJWIOZM.pngs8WoqhB.pngtDeKDnH.pngrats_badge.png[url][/url]a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.pngb2880355ddf0aa894dcb44a252fda40339df0df0.png
yes
even around my parents haha

but not nearly as much as i do around certain friends
or ah you should hear me when i'm in an arguement!
yes
even around my parents haha

but not nearly as much as i do around certain friends
or ah you should hear me when i'm in an arguement!
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif || drearie
|| she/her
|| bi
|| worm king
|| anthem
Hardly ever
I reserve those words for when I really mean them
If you just throw them around whenever they loose their sting
Hardly ever
I reserve those words for when I really mean them
If you just throw them around whenever they loose their sting
npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gif
...only when talking about politics
...only when talking about politics
JXVUomh.png Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”
—Edgar Allen Poe
Not really, nah. Though I do if I'm absolutely frustrated. Completely. Even then I use a word like "fork." I'm confusing. Oh, and also odd. Very odd.
Not really, nah. Though I do if I'm absolutely frustrated. Completely. Even then I use a word like "fork." I'm confusing. Oh, and also odd. Very odd.
8094.png

Darling, whatever made you believe I wasn't a monster?
1168.png
I used to swear a lot when I first started high school, but that habit faded eventually as I grew up. I cuss sometimes when I see something really shocking or something really frustrating happened (like when an enemy dodged my eliminate twice).
I used to swear a lot when I first started high school, but that habit faded eventually as I grew up. I cuss sometimes when I see something really shocking or something really frustrating happened (like when an enemy dodged my eliminate twice).
Lo0UHoX.jpg
Depends on who I'm around.

Grandparents --> X
Friends my age --> O
Depends on who I'm around.

Grandparents --> X
Friends my age --> O
The most beautiful moment of life
I try not to do it in general or in open public settings/sites/forum/etc but I have a mouth that could make a sailor blush. It's a problem because I generally want to be non-threatening and gentle but that's hard to do when every other word out of your mouth is an F-bomb.

I'm pretty good about not swearing in most FR-related spaces tho due to the rule and the age-range!
I try not to do it in general or in open public settings/sites/forum/etc but I have a mouth that could make a sailor blush. It's a problem because I generally want to be non-threatening and gentle but that's hard to do when every other word out of your mouth is an F-bomb.

I'm pretty good about not swearing in most FR-related spaces tho due to the rule and the age-range!
PbW1AsJ.png
Mundane | he/it | 29

Exalt Rescue
About Me
Wishlist

1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 36 37