Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Furries!
1 2 ... 117 118 119 120 121 ... 128 129
I registered for my first furry convention later this year!!! I'll be entering the dance competition too. It's several months away but I'm already diligently choreographing the dance and making sure that it's possible to do all the moves I want to in a drop-crotch digi suit with big, stiff feet. lol
I registered for my first furry convention later this year!!! I'll be entering the dance competition too. It's several months away but I'm already diligently choreographing the dance and making sure that it's possible to do all the moves I want to in a drop-crotch digi suit with big, stiff feet. lol
7ophKeo.png
hh5n4WA.png
G8AyR6r.png
EB9jVcQ.png
oaolHwW.png
gYW0j5f.png
6uThYLh.png
6KQB58c.png
I am a bit scared to post this.. but hey there! I’m a furry, have been for a few months now. And I’m here to ask, how do you guys get attached to your sonas? I’ve had four so far and I just.. couldn’t get attached.

So far all I’ve realized about what I want in a fursona is that I want one with my personality, to be on the more wholesome side, and a fluffy dragon. The second two I’ve only found out tonight.

So, how do you guys get attached to your sonas and think ‘I love this design’?
I am a bit scared to post this.. but hey there! I’m a furry, have been for a few months now. And I’m here to ask, how do you guys get attached to your sonas? I’ve had four so far and I just.. couldn’t get attached.

So far all I’ve realized about what I want in a fursona is that I want one with my personality, to be on the more wholesome side, and a fluffy dragon. The second two I’ve only found out tonight.

jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
Hmmm... I'd say I got attached to my fursonas kind of randomly. One, a rat, I created because I read a book with some really neat rats and thought up a rat; now she's my grumpy crime boss. Never meant to get attached :P

I designed one to be a fursona and ended up really not liking the character, as it was randomly came up with without any sort of personality or anything. But then doodled a random lethargic heart-covered rabbit and fell in love with it.

Hmm... I'd say, everyone I designed as a fursona failed at being a good fursona, and random characters I came up with for fun turned out being my fursonas. Like, Patches the bat was designed to be a bat fursona, and I swiftly fell out of caring for him. And then I designed Milk the skullie because I saw some cool skullies and really wanted one for myself, and now Milk's my favorite of my fursonas probably! So, in conclusion... I honestly have no clue how my fursonas work. They're all kind of a different part of me, though, like I split me up and spread it among some characters.
Also, all of them have digi legs. Must have digi legs. Love digi legs.

@QuirkyJunimo
Hmmm... I'd say I got attached to my fursonas kind of randomly. One, a rat, I created because I read a book with some really neat rats and thought up a rat; now she's my grumpy crime boss. Never meant to get attached :P

I designed one to be a fursona and ended up really not liking the character, as it was randomly came up with without any sort of personality or anything. But then doodled a random lethargic heart-covered rabbit and fell in love with it.

Hmm... I'd say, everyone I designed as a fursona failed at being a good fursona, and random characters I came up with for fun turned out being my fursonas. Like, Patches the bat was designed to be a bat fursona, and I swiftly fell out of caring for him. And then I designed Milk the skullie because I saw some cool skullies and really wanted one for myself, and now Milk's my favorite of my fursonas probably! So, in conclusion... I honestly have no clue how my fursonas work. They're all kind of a different part of me, though, like I split me up and spread it among some characters.
Also, all of them have digi legs. Must have digi legs. Love digi legs.

@QuirkyJunimo
Bat/Patches/Bread
He/him [insert trans flag here]
Sneeze; Your gel pen'll work again.
Asexual | Minor | Proud Furry
The bug. Not your head. You can keep that.
[quote name="@QuirkyJunimo" date="2022-05-24 23:05:26" ] I am a bit scared to post this.. but hey there! I’m a furry, have been for a few months now. And I’m here to ask, how do you guys get attached to your sonas? I’ve had four so far and I just.. couldn’t get attached. So far all I’ve realized about what I want in a fursona is that I want one with my personality, to be on the more wholesome side, and a fluffy dragon. The second two I’ve only found out tonight. So, how do you guys get attached to your sonas and think ‘I love this design’? [/quote] I'm not sure if there's a definite way to get attached to your sona, it just kinda happens? I know for me I knew I wanted my sona to be a sea slug, although it took a while to actually finalize his design and get something that I actually liked. If you create a sona and you happen to not get attached at some point that's totally fine! You can always go back to the drawing board and try to figure out what it was that made you lose connection in the first place, and make changes accordingly. Or make a new sona altogether! I've been through a couple of sonas over the years, and it took me a while to actually settle on something. For example, I created my most recent sona in 2019, and he's probably gonna be my sona for a long time. I've been in the fandom since 2013 and during those years I either didn't have a sona or flip-flopped between different species. Time can be valuable asset! There's also no harm in having multiple sonas, if that's something that'd help. I'm not sure how much of my advise/rambling will actually help ^^;; the question itself is more introspective and personal. There's no one-size-fits-all approach imo. If you're planning on creating a new sona, ask yourself what species you'd really like or could see yourself as, and then try to narrow down design aspects you like/find interesting as well. That's helped me a lot personally, in addition to putting aspects of myself in each sona as well. Hope you're able to create a sona you really like! Although if the process is beginning to become stressful, I'd try to put it aside for a while. There's no shame in not having a fursona! There's a lot of furries out there who do not have sona and are able to participate in the fandom just fine.
@QuirkyJunimo wrote on 2022-05-24 23:05:26:

I'm not sure if there's a definite way to get attached to your sona, it just kinda happens? I know for me I knew I wanted my sona to be a sea slug, although it took a while to actually finalize his design and get something that I actually liked. If you create a sona and you happen to not get attached at some point that's totally fine! You can always go back to the drawing board and try to figure out what it was that made you lose connection in the first place, and make changes accordingly. Or make a new sona altogether! I've been through a couple of sonas over the years, and it took me a while to actually settle on something. For example, I created my most recent sona in 2019, and he's probably gonna be my sona for a long time. I've been in the fandom since 2013 and during those years I either didn't have a sona or flip-flopped between different species. Time can be valuable asset! There's also no harm in having multiple sonas, if that's something that'd help.

I'm not sure how much of my advise/rambling will actually help ^^;; the question itself is more introspective and personal. There's no one-size-fits-all approach imo. If you're planning on creating a new sona, ask yourself what species you'd really like or could see yourself as, and then try to narrow down design aspects you like/find interesting as well. That's helped me a lot personally, in addition to putting aspects of myself in each sona as well.

Hope you're able to create a sona you really like! Although if the process is beginning to become stressful, I'd try to put it aside for a while. There's no shame in not having a fursona! There's a lot of furries out there who do not have sona and are able to participate in the fandom just fine.
7f798284fc0b66c3f8c0845673443a021738999d.png
[quote name="QuirkyJunimo" date="2022-05-24 23:05:26" ] I am a bit scared to post this.. but hey there! I’m a furry, have been for a few months now. And I’m here to ask, how do you guys get attached to your sonas? I’ve had four so far and I just.. couldn’t get attached. So far all I’ve realized about what I want in a fursona is that I want one with my personality, to be on the more wholesome side, and a fluffy dragon. The second two I’ve only found out tonight. So, how do you guys get attached to your sonas and think ‘I love this design’? [/quote] @QuirkyJunimo it’s not all about the characters physical designs, but their personalities as well. Are they nervous? Are they bursting with energy? An important thing to take note on is that perfect characters aren’t really likable. Give your sona some flaws. In terms of my own sona, he kinda has some traits metaphorically reflect me. If you need more help, look up some tutorials on character development.
QuirkyJunimo wrote on 2022-05-24 23:05:26:

@QuirkyJunimo it’s not all about the characters physical designs, but their personalities as well. Are they nervous? Are they bursting with energy? An important thing to take note on is that perfect characters aren’t really likable. Give your sona some flaws. In terms of my own sona, he kinda has some traits metaphorically reflect me. If you need more help, look up some tutorials on character development.
I CAN DENY IT NO MORE!

I am a furry
I CAN DENY IT NO MORE!

I am a furry
Hi! I'm Jack (fr +3)
@BlueFriend ONE OF US ONE OF US
@BlueFriend ONE OF US ONE OF US
heck yeah furry party
heck yeah furry party
tumblr_inline_nbefjbkpeK1qg78ij.png WHEN THE RHYTHM IS GLAD/THERE IS NOTHING 2 B SAD

(banner)tumblr_inline_nbefjh6UpE1qg78ij.png
Heyooo! I’m crumbles candy, I recently fell in love with the furry fandom! I looked through my things, and found a onesie that I love dearly, it’s of a pink deer, and has a heart shaped nose. I was wondering if it would be bad if I made a fursona out of it? I already have ideas, and the pj’s could be used for a partial suit, so I think that is cool!

To be clear, it was bought and not made, so it wouldn’t be a completely original character.
Heyooo! I’m crumbles candy, I recently fell in love with the furry fandom! I looked through my things, and found a onesie that I love dearly, it’s of a pink deer, and has a heart shaped nose. I was wondering if it would be bad if I made a fursona out of it? I already have ideas, and the pj’s could be used for a partial suit, so I think that is cool!

To be clear, it was bought and not made, so it wouldn’t be a completely original character.
4a2744d6b4934111e957b300f23248cda6829e55.png Feel free to ping me whenever!
Eosphoros collects likes!
Please be kind, and remember...
DRINK WATER
wwwwww 92n1dwB.png
G8AyR6r.png
WXBzxw1.gif
J7D1quC.png
Heck ya! I joined the furry fandom last year after sticking my head threw the door watching furry fandom for 10 years. I been on the fence for a looong time.
I always wanted a fursona but could never settle on one or two animals. So I went for a fantasy race and added fur and paws. So not a traditional fursona. But I am having fun, just wish I could befriend other furrys.
Heck ya! I joined the furry fandom last year after sticking my head threw the door watching furry fandom for 10 years. I been on the fence for a looong time.
I always wanted a fursona but could never settle on one or two animals. So I went for a fantasy race and added fur and paws. So not a traditional fursona. But I am having fun, just wish I could befriend other furrys.
Yokai.gif
1 2 ... 117 118 119 120 121 ... 128 129