Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone here plays Warframe?
1 2 3 4 5
Oh hey, a warframe thread. I've played way too much of this game, being MR25 and all. And yet I still play Zephyr most of the time, instead of a frame that actually does things. (I just can't give up the floaty jumps.)
Oh hey, a warframe thread. I've played way too much of this game, being MR25 and all. And yet I still play Zephyr most of the time, instead of a frame that actually does things. (I just can't give up the floaty jumps.)
ZincAlloy.gif
@ZincAlloy
*gasp* A fellow Zephyr player!

TBH I sorta wish Wisp had Zephyr's floatiness as well, but it can be hard to go back to when you haven't played Zephyr in a while, so... maybe I should be glad she doesn't, lol.
@ZincAlloy
*gasp* A fellow Zephyr player!

TBH I sorta wish Wisp had Zephyr's floatiness as well, but it can be hard to go back to when you haven't played Zephyr in a while, so... maybe I should be glad she doesn't, lol.
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
[list]Out of curiosity... Personally, who do you guys think is the best frame overall? And which frame do you think is the best for each regular mission type? (ex, survival/defense/spy/capture/etc.) ie, personally I know she's not the best, but coming from experience Gara is my go-to for Defense missions just because of Mass Vitrify.
    Out of curiosity...
    Personally, who do you guys think is the best frame overall?
    And which frame do you think is the best for each regular mission type?
    (ex, survival/defense/spy/capture/etc.)

ie, personally I know she's not the best, but coming from experience Gara is my go-to for Defense missions just because of Mass Vitrify.
q71Kifl.png o_o
maocifer || 227254

sack of meat haphazardly
controlled by dumdum goblin
brain ... with a wishlist
[quote name="maocifer" date="2019-07-25 10:54:27" ] [list]Out of curiosity... Personally, who do you guys think is the best frame overall? And which frame do you think is the best for each regular mission type? (ex, survival/defense/spy/capture/etc.) [/quote] Weeell, the best overall depends on what you love most, I think. Like I love Garuda because she looks good, she's fun, and she's a little harder to use than most frames, especially in high levels, but there are other frames that can heal and/or do about the same amount of damage with far more ease (until you hit a ridiculous point, that is). As for what's best per mission... Survival and its subtypes (i.e. Disruption) are perfect for pretty much anything, but I prefer to use whatever's moderately tanky and fun. A Desecrate Nekros build helps [i]significantly[/i] with life support, however. Gara's 1, 2, and 4 can carry her in pretty much anything, and as long as you have enough energy to keep recasting her 4 (which will reset her 2's timer on anything within range) she can have permanent 90% DR on both herself and an objective. Also, if you run outside the shield and detonate it with her 1, her 2's damage increases and stacks indefinitely. I think that makes her the best in Defense and Excavation, if nothing else. Valkyr + Volt seem to be the best for Capture. Mod for speed and go. For Spy, anything with invis is good (Loki, Octavia, Ivara) but especially Ivara bc she can bypass lasers with an augment, if I remember right? Slow Nova with a good gun or anything that kills fast makes Interception a cakewalk. Exterminate, Sanctuary, etc. are for whatever kills fastest. Currently, that's still Saryn (1 and 4 combo, or 1 and 3 with a good status or maim strike/crit melee). There's probably more I'm forgetting. x_x
Quote:
    Out of curiosity...
Weeell, the best overall depends on what you love most, I think.

Like I love Garuda because she looks good, she's fun, and she's a little harder to use than most frames, especially in high levels, but there are other frames that can heal and/or do about the same amount of damage with far more ease (until you hit a ridiculous point, that is). As for what's best per mission...

Survival and its subtypes (i.e. Disruption) are perfect for pretty much anything, but I prefer to use whatever's moderately tanky and fun. A Desecrate Nekros build helps significantly with life support, however.

Gara's 1, 2, and 4 can carry her in pretty much anything, and as long as you have enough energy to keep recasting her 4 (which will reset her 2's timer on anything within range) she can have permanent 90% DR on both herself and an objective. Also, if you run outside the shield and detonate it with her 1, her 2's damage increases and stacks indefinitely. I think that makes her the best in Defense and Excavation, if nothing else.

Valkyr + Volt seem to be the best for Capture. Mod for speed and go.

For Spy, anything with invis is good (Loki, Octavia, Ivara) but especially Ivara bc she can bypass lasers with an augment, if I remember right?

Slow Nova with a good gun or anything that kills fast makes Interception a cakewalk.

Exterminate, Sanctuary, etc. are for whatever kills fastest. Currently, that's still Saryn (1 and 4 combo, or 1 and 3 with a good status or maim strike/crit melee).

There's probably more I'm forgetting. x_x
[quote name="maocifer" date="2019-07-25 10:54:27" ] [list]Out of curiosity... Personally, who do you guys think is the best frame overall? And which frame do you think is the best for each regular mission type? (ex, survival/defense/spy/capture/etc.) ie, personally I know she's not the best, but coming from experience Gara is my go-to for Defense missions just because of Mass Vitrify. [/quote] As long as it isn't a spy, nidus is my go- to tbh.
Quote:
    Out of curiosity...

ie, personally I know she's not the best, but coming from experience Gara is my go-to for Defense missions just because of Mass Vitrify.

As long as it isn't a spy, nidus is my go- to tbh.
tumblr_p7kcvo0jw61qatlkdo1_500.gif
https://orig00.deviantart.net/cc25/f/2013/109/e/e/warframe_by_lozylo-d629oin.png
[quote name="maocifer" date="2019-07-25 10:54:27" ] [list]Out of curiosity... Personally, who do you guys think is the best frame overall? And which frame do you think is the best for each regular mission type? (ex, survival/defense/spy/capture/etc.) ie, personally I know she's not the best, but coming from experience Gara is my go-to for Defense missions just because of Mass Vitrify. [/quote] Every frame specializes in different things, so it's hard to say who's overall "best" - my personal favorites are Saryn and Wisp because they're pretty versatile. I think just about any frame can be viable in high level content, though in general play you don't often run into enemies higher than lv100. Other than that, it's just a tossup between who excels at given mission types. I only bring Ivara to spy sortie for the extra layer of protection against messing something up; otherwise Wisp has invis and teleport for the lasers and Saryn's Spores is enough to kill Corpus cameras on the spot. Loki is probably more newb-friendly than Wisp on that front, but I like that her kit forces you to take a bit of a fast-think approach. Saryn is really my go-to frame for 99% of content, and I'm always happy to bring her out when I don't know who else I feel like playing. She's a little on the squish side but that's the usual trade-off when you're playing a DPS queen, lol. I spend the most time on cosmetics/looks for her and take her to all the quests my first time through. Wisp is just plain fun and I love a good high strength build, so I put some form of Rage on her and go to town, which synergizes pretty well with her regen. (Trinity's Well of Life should have been Wisp's health reservoir, it's that good.) Garuda is another fun one, but I think I wanted to like her more than I ended up being able to because she needs more strength than she can usually get. She's a total blast in Arbitrations with the buff, though.
Quote:
    Out of curiosity...

Every frame specializes in different things, so it's hard to say who's overall "best" - my personal favorites are Saryn and Wisp because they're pretty versatile. I think just about any frame can be viable in high level content, though in general play you don't often run into enemies higher than lv100. Other than that, it's just a tossup between who excels at given mission types.

I only bring Ivara to spy sortie for the extra layer of protection against messing something up; otherwise Wisp has invis and teleport for the lasers and Saryn's Spores is enough to kill Corpus cameras on the spot. Loki is probably more newb-friendly than Wisp on that front, but I like that her kit forces you to take a bit of a fast-think approach.

Saryn is really my go-to frame for 99% of content, and I'm always happy to bring her out when I don't know who else I feel like playing. She's a little on the squish side but that's the usual trade-off when you're playing a DPS queen, lol. I spend the most time on cosmetics/looks for her and take her to all the quests my first time through.

Wisp is just plain fun and I love a good high strength build, so I put some form of Rage on her and go to town, which synergizes pretty well with her regen. (Trinity's Well of Life should have been Wisp's health reservoir, it's that good.)

Garuda is another fun one, but I think I wanted to like her more than I ended up being able to because she needs more strength than she can usually get. She's a total blast in Arbitrations with the buff, though.
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
I was considering joining. I need something new to play . :D
I was considering joining. I need something new to play . :D
1468711001v3.png
[center][img]https://n9e5v4d8.ssl.hwcdn.net/uploads/fb13d60533fb445f6a5cf0bd869556d5.jpg[/img] [size=2]This alert is such a nice fun break from the usual grind! I wish we had these kinds of silly grineer shenanigans more often. It did start off as a grind break for me, but the moment I checked in on Nakak's rewards, I knew I'd be grinding pearls until unforgivable hours of the morning. I don't feel super jolted to get the rewards though, as I'll probabky ditch all but one of the floofs and not get any of the mods, so even though it's a grind, it's still a pretty relaxing and fun grind. How are you all feeling about this alert? [/center]
fb13d60533fb445f6a5cf0bd869556d5.jpg

This alert is such a nice fun break from the usual grind! I wish we had these kinds of silly grineer shenanigans more often.

It did start off as a grind break for me, but the moment I checked in on Nakak's rewards, I knew I'd be grinding pearls until unforgivable hours of the morning. I don't feel super jolted to get the rewards though, as I'll probabky ditch all but one of the floofs and not get any of the mods, so even though it's a grind, it's still a pretty relaxing and fun grind.

How are you all feeling about this alert?
q71Kifl.png o_o
maocifer || 227254

sack of meat haphazardly
controlled by dumdum goblin
brain ... with a wishlist
@maocifer it's actually better to skip out on the mods! every mod available for pearls is one you can get normally through rathuum, and not exclusive to the event. i'd assume they're mostly just there for newbies who haven't gotten to sedna yet

i adore the event and i am definitely going to be spending a lot of time this week grinding out pearls! i'm glad they're keeping the special map around in captura form, too, because it's gorgeous and it'd be a shame if it wasn't ever seen again
@maocifer it's actually better to skip out on the mods! every mod available for pearls is one you can get normally through rathuum, and not exclusive to the event. i'd assume they're mostly just there for newbies who haven't gotten to sedna yet

i adore the event and i am definitely going to be spending a lot of time this week grinding out pearls! i'm glad they're keeping the special map around in captura form, too, because it's gorgeous and it'd be a shame if it wasn't ever seen again
ofEAVKK.png
ello ello~ i play warframe on ps4 > w <
my username there is UmbraeSanguis if anyone ever wants to play together i'm MR20 and uh don't really have anyone to play with ; 3 ;
ello ello~ i play warframe on ps4 > w <
my username there is UmbraeSanguis if anyone ever wants to play together i'm MR20 and uh don't really have anyone to play with ; 3 ;
BPJePYV.pngMatchmaker~!Infinite Possibilities HatcheryFV7ubHf.png
1 2 3 4 5