Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite video game soundtracks?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I’ll just leave these here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3r6P_O1H8_I
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uRzmOsZg48w
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QBCLsnxNd4Y
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0qK5iUirGY
I’ll just leave these here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3r6P_O1H8_I
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uRzmOsZg48w
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QBCLsnxNd4Y
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0qK5iUirGY
I haven't seen anyone mention The Last of Us, Child of Light, and ABZÜ???

The Last of Us has some gorgeous songs. Very atmospheric, and I love the guitar play. Favorites: Vanishing Grace (Childhood), The Last of Us (Goodnight), and The Path (A New Beginning).

Child of Light gets me absolutely hyped. Favs: Bolmus Populi, Pilgrims On a Long Journey, and Off to Sleep. I did notice that not all the music from the actual game is included in the official OST, which is a bit weird.

ABZÜ is very atmospheric (like the whole game) and I don't really have any favorites. I just love to put on the complete OST when I'm stressed or need to concentrate, and it really helps me to calm down and get my work done. It manages to transport you to a completely different world. Because of all this, it might be my favorite OST of all time.
I haven't seen anyone mention The Last of Us, Child of Light, and ABZÜ???

The Last of Us has some gorgeous songs. Very atmospheric, and I love the guitar play. Favorites: Vanishing Grace (Childhood), The Last of Us (Goodnight), and The Path (A New Beginning).

Child of Light gets me absolutely hyped. Favs: Bolmus Populi, Pilgrims On a Long Journey, and Off to Sleep. I did notice that not all the music from the actual game is included in the official OST, which is a bit weird.

ABZÜ is very atmospheric (like the whole game) and I don't really have any favorites. I just love to put on the complete OST when I'm stressed or need to concentrate, and it really helps me to calm down and get my work done. It manages to transport you to a completely different world. Because of all this, it might be my favorite OST of all time.
mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
Most of the music from Final Fantasy XIV is really good imo especially the main themes Answers, Dragonsong, and Revolutions. I also like the music from Pokemon Black/2 and White/2. I don't know many game soundtracks.
Most of the music from Final Fantasy XIV is really good imo especially the main themes Answers, Dragonsong, and Revolutions. I also like the music from Pokemon Black/2 and White/2. I don't know many game soundtracks.
DpIE0I4.png 94376151p.png
ytkEBod.png
FMoJ9vk.png
RDt6LqI.png
BAYHRHf.png
97xO4MG.png
hehehe i've been listening to the soundtrack in just shapes and beats literally all week it's so GOOD ;; dubstep/electronic/techno/anything along those lines is great, and since the game has those songs, it's the soundtrack that made me fall in love with it

minecraft's soundtrack is beautiful too -- the peaceful music is so nice to listen to when falling asleep

... yeah, you can tell i don't listen to a lot of game soundtracks
hehehe i've been listening to the soundtrack in just shapes and beats literally all week it's so GOOD ;; dubstep/electronic/techno/anything along those lines is great, and since the game has those songs, it's the soundtrack that made me fall in love with it

minecraft's soundtrack is beautiful too -- the peaceful music is so nice to listen to when falling asleep

... yeah, you can tell i don't listen to a lot of game soundtracks
The first song in Ori and the blind forest brings me to tears every time c’:
The first song in Ori and the blind forest brings me to tears every time c’:
unknown-2.png
Here are some great ones that I don't think were mentioned.

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Sly Cooper
Gitaroo Man
PaRappa the Rapper
Vib Ribbon
Here are some great ones that I don't think were mentioned.

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Sly Cooper
Gitaroo Man
PaRappa the Rapper
Vib Ribbon
rx9OvHg.gif
I think a lot of the series I like was already listed here, so I'll pop some boss ones:

Big Arm(Sonic Generations, Sonic 3 remix that's only on the 3DS and is hilariously longer than battling the boss.)
I'll Face Myself (Persona 4)
The Grand Finale (Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey variant)
Dialga's Fight to the Finish! (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Sanctuary Guardian (EarthBound, Mother remix)
Spike's Pit (Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon)
Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash N. Sane Trilogy, Crash 3: Warped remix)
Boss Battle (DuckTales Remastered)
High Tension Wire (Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret of Mana 2)

Edit: Just noticed Scott Pilgrim wasn't mentioned, soooooo...
Rock Club (Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game)
I think a lot of the series I like was already listed here, so I'll pop some boss ones:

Big Arm(Sonic Generations, Sonic 3 remix that's only on the 3DS and is hilariously longer than battling the boss.)
I'll Face Myself (Persona 4)
The Grand Finale (Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey variant)
Dialga's Fight to the Finish! (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Sanctuary Guardian (EarthBound, Mother remix)
Spike's Pit (Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon)
Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash N. Sane Trilogy, Crash 3: Warped remix)
Boss Battle (DuckTales Remastered)
High Tension Wire (Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret of Mana 2)

Edit: Just noticed Scott Pilgrim wasn't mentioned, soooooo...
Rock Club (Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game)
Avatar Dragon: Link / Tiny Dragon by AmberscaleArt. Teba
Masterpost of Guides
Fandragons
Regular
Temple of Time Hatchery
HOLLOW KNIGHT'S SOUNDTRACK IS AWESOME LET'S JUST GET THAT OUT THERE.

I fricking adore video game soundtracks! I could go on and on about them, the emotions they make you feel, their symbolism, everything! I'm always playing video game tracks in my room lol.

To name a few, some of my favorite game soundtracks are;

The Last Guardian - the use of piano in "The Forest" sequence was wonderful. The vocals and orchestra in many of the songs are chilling and take you away to another world, in sharp contrast with the simple melodies used throughout little sequences in the game.

Uncharted - particularly The Lost Legacy and number 4. Elena and Nate's "For Better Or Worse" track really got me. Also, the main theme of the games is AMAZING and makes you feel nostalgic. As for the Lost Legacy, the use of unique instruments really sells the Indian culture feel.

Skyrim - The whole OST is great, whether you like serene piano to help you study or epic battle music to help you write that scene in your book.

Horizon Zero Dawn - the combination of tribal drums and mechanical, modern day beats is original and emotional, absorbing you into the world of the game.

Shadow Of The Colossus - holy crap this SOUNDTRACK. My favorite track of the lot has to be "The Opened Way." I blasted it full volume when I was younger. Probably not good for my ears, but it was WORTH IT.

Subnautica - A quirky, interesting soundtrack that is both fun and terrifying. Subnautica's songs were molded to add to the atmosphere of the world - not overpowering the scenes, rather emphasizing the eeriness and beauty of the deep sea.

The Witcher 3 - Just, YES. Steel For Humans, Hunt or be Hunted, Killing Monsters, the battle tracks are intense and steal the air from your lungs.
HOLLOW KNIGHT'S SOUNDTRACK IS AWESOME LET'S JUST GET THAT OUT THERE.

I fricking adore video game soundtracks! I could go on and on about them, the emotions they make you feel, their symbolism, everything! I'm always playing video game tracks in my room lol.

To name a few, some of my favorite game soundtracks are;

The Last Guardian - the use of piano in "The Forest" sequence was wonderful. The vocals and orchestra in many of the songs are chilling and take you away to another world, in sharp contrast with the simple melodies used throughout little sequences in the game.

Uncharted - particularly The Lost Legacy and number 4. Elena and Nate's "For Better Or Worse" track really got me. Also, the main theme of the games is AMAZING and makes you feel nostalgic. As for the Lost Legacy, the use of unique instruments really sells the Indian culture feel.

Skyrim - The whole OST is great, whether you like serene piano to help you study or epic battle music to help you write that scene in your book.

Horizon Zero Dawn - the combination of tribal drums and mechanical, modern day beats is original and emotional, absorbing you into the world of the game.

Shadow Of The Colossus - holy crap this SOUNDTRACK. My favorite track of the lot has to be "The Opened Way." I blasted it full volume when I was younger. Probably not good for my ears, but it was WORTH IT.

Subnautica - A quirky, interesting soundtrack that is both fun and terrifying. Subnautica's songs were molded to add to the atmosphere of the world - not overpowering the scenes, rather emphasizing the eeriness and beauty of the deep sea.

The Witcher 3 - Just, YES. Steel For Humans, Hunt or be Hunted, Killing Monsters, the battle tracks are intense and steal the air from your lungs.
Drawn to Life, Drawn to Life 2: The Next Chapter, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, Pokemon Platinum, Transformers: Devastation, Kirby Squeak Squad, and Kirby’s Return To Dreamland all have music I LOVE
Drawn to Life, Drawn to Life 2: The Next Chapter, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, Pokemon Platinum, Transformers: Devastation, Kirby Squeak Squad, and Kirby’s Return To Dreamland all have music I LOVE
* she/he genderfluid mxk5Q9c.png
* chaotic force of nature
* MY ART SHOP: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3138371
* fandoms: kirby, one punch, my hero academia, drawn to life, pokemon, steven universe, wander over yonder, gravity falls, transformers, bendy and the ink machine, portal, invader zim, sonic the hedgehog
Super Mario Galaxy (and Galaxy 2) are wonderful

The Ace Attorney soundtracks are all stellar, I personally really like all the Pursuit or Cornered themes (Lying Coldly & Wanting to Find the Truth are 2 favorites, though they're from spin-offs)

To me, the Professor Layton soundtracks feel like home. Specifically the town themes. If you like this music but wish it had more energy, don't worry! Alfeindi Layton's got your back with the Mystery Room OST. Layton + Jazz = amazing

Minecraft has a really slept on OST. Go celebrate its 10th birthday by giving it a listen!

Edit: some more!

HOW COULD I FORGET GHOST TRICK. The OST is reminiscent of Ace Attorney's (same creator) while having its own unique energy to it. The character specific themes are probably my favorite, but 4 Minutes before Death is probably the definitive Ghost Trick song - you'll be hearing it a lot, and it's a very fitting song for the overall mood of the game.

Miitopia and the Katamari Damacy series have some unique yet catchy tunes.

Scribblenauts and Drawn to Life are more obscure games, but their soundtracks are very well done.
Super Mario Galaxy (and Galaxy 2) are wonderful

The Ace Attorney soundtracks are all stellar, I personally really like all the Pursuit or Cornered themes (Lying Coldly & Wanting to Find the Truth are 2 favorites, though they're from spin-offs)

To me, the Professor Layton soundtracks feel like home. Specifically the town themes. If you like this music but wish it had more energy, don't worry! Alfeindi Layton's got your back with the Mystery Room OST. Layton + Jazz = amazing

Minecraft has a really slept on OST. Go celebrate its 10th birthday by giving it a listen!

Edit: some more!

HOW COULD I FORGET GHOST TRICK. The OST is reminiscent of Ace Attorney's (same creator) while having its own unique energy to it. The character specific themes are probably my favorite, but 4 Minutes before Death is probably the definitive Ghost Trick song - you'll be hearing it a lot, and it's a very fitting song for the overall mood of the game.

Miitopia and the Katamari Damacy series have some unique yet catchy tunes.

Scribblenauts and Drawn to Life are more obscure games, but their soundtracks are very well done.
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11