Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Facts most people don't know!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sharks throw up their stomachs (Whole stomach) every once and a while to get rid of things they cannot digest.

Then promptly suck it back inside of 'em.

;>
Sharks throw up their stomachs (Whole stomach) every once and a while to get rid of things they cannot digest.

;>
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
1. It’s a myth that honey bees are endangered in North America. Not only are their populations increasing, but they aren’t even native here to begin with. You’re thinking BUMBLE BEES, those are endangered. (Honey bees still pollinate crops and make honey though, so beneficial to humans to keep around.)

2. Domestic cats are an invasive species that have caused 33 native songbirds to go extinct where introduced, and the average outdoor cat hunting kills over 100 animals a year, 2/3rds of which are not eaten.
1. It’s a myth that honey bees are endangered in North America. Not only are their populations increasing, but they aren’t even native here to begin with. You’re thinking BUMBLE BEES, those are endangered. (Honey bees still pollinate crops and make honey though, so beneficial to humans to keep around.)

2. Domestic cats are an invasive species that have caused 33 native songbirds to go extinct where introduced, and the average outdoor cat hunting kills over 100 animals a year, 2/3rds of which are not eaten.
29d7eqr.png[img]http://http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af251/YWtheLucida/Mini_zpsgcyumcge.png[/img]
Most brands of lipstick contain fish scales.
Most brands of lipstick contain fish scales.
Waystone1.gif
Space is silent

Space is silent

9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
Movement requires an object to push against, typically the ground or air, but there is only vacuum in space. So how do space shuttles move? They push against their own exhaust.
Movement requires an object to push against, typically the ground or air, but there is only vacuum in space. So how do space shuttles move? They push against their own exhaust.
tumblr_inline_nk71ajhrKe1qg2i5p.png
The scientific name for Brain freeze is sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia
The scientific name for Brain freeze is sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia
kXpNHpy.pngKdK3h1K.png
sFMScix.png
She/Her or They/Them
FR+2
Shadow Rep Breeding Project
[quote name="Gamer" date="2019-04-22 18:59:17" ] Baby talking your pets can lead to psychological problems. [/quote] In the pets or the human? Another fact: Orca are a natural predator of the moose.
Gamer wrote on 2019-04-22 18:59:17:
Baby talking your pets can lead to psychological problems.

In the pets or the human?

Another fact:

Orca are a natural predator of the moose.

xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
there are more saunas in finland than there are people

there are more saunas in finland than there are people

Oup.gif
^ hi.. . my art ^
[quote name="Amura" date="2019-04-22 21:15:34" ] Sharks throw up their stomachs (Whole stomach) every once and a while to get rid of things they cannot digest. Then promptly suck it back inside of 'em. ;> [/quote] [center]That's actually... quite scary like holy... [emoji=plague rune] A common known one: Earth is the only planet that IS NOT named after a deity. Another one: Scientist believe that there was "gaints" in the past however, they aren't the hulking 61' (sixty-one foot) people we think of. These people were actually 8' (eight feet) or 9' (nine feet) when fully grown. [s]I believe that the Dutch are descendants of them.[/s][/center]
Amura wrote on 2019-04-22 21:15:34:

;>
That's actually... quite scary like holy...

A common known one: Earth is the only planet that IS NOT named after a deity.

Another one: Scientist believe that there was "gaints" in the past however, they aren't the hulking 61' (sixty-one foot) people we think of. These people were actually 8' (eight feet) or 9' (nine feet) when fully grown. I believe that the Dutch are descendants of them.
earth.gif
FR +3
They/Them

Lore Fiend + Aff Artist

Brewing Corner
i got carried away with this whoops
anyway theres these cool animals. naked mole rats. they look ugly but theyre Super Heckinh Weird and just go against so many things that normal mammals do.
they actually have a resistance ot cancer and are the only eusocial mammals so they live like bees or ants..... looking through wikipedia for some more info, they breathe mimimal amounts of oxygen and can even survive on just 20% oxygen and 80% co2, regulare their temperature also in an unusual way for mammals, dont feel pain from acid? and they have the longest lifespans for a rodent

tardigrades are funky little boys that jsut chill on lichens and mosses and also they can survive in extreme conditions by severely lowering their metabolism among other things
i got carried away with this whoops
anyway theres these cool animals. naked mole rats. they look ugly but theyre Super Heckinh Weird and just go against so many things that normal mammals do.
they actually have a resistance ot cancer and are the only eusocial mammals so they live like bees or ants..... looking through wikipedia for some more info, they breathe mimimal amounts of oxygen and can even survive on just 20% oxygen and 80% co2, regulare their temperature also in an unusual way for mammals, dont feel pain from acid? and they have the longest lifespans for a rodent

tardigrades are funky little boys that jsut chill on lichens and mosses and also they can survive in extreme conditions by severely lowering their metabolism among other things
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
1 2 3 4 5 6 7