Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Underrated Video Games You Love
1 2 3 4 5
[img]http://cdn02.nintendo-europe.com/media/images/10_share_images/games_15/nintendo_3ds_download_software_7/SI_3DSDS_RuneFactory4.jpg[/img] Rune Factory 4 has very good ratings, but it was not advertised very well and suffered as a result. The company who made it filed for bankruptcy, too. [b]Pros[/b] - It's basically Harvest Moon where you fight monsters. The first game was literally titled Rune Factory : A Fantasy Harvest Moon. - There's 6 girl love interests and 6 male love interests who you can date, marry, and have children with. - There's a lot of humor and the item descriptions are usually really funny. - The characters are all wacky and kind of silly but that doesn't stop them from having real personalities and issues that make them really well fleshed out characters. - The combat system is really fun and you can choose between lots of different weapon types and magic and even improve them to make them better or have extra effects. -You can tame monsters, even the boss monsters. They can even help you with watering your crops or by gathering materials. - There's a lot of references and characters from the older games but they're more throwbacks than anything important so you're not really missing anything if you don't get them. [b]Cons [/b] - The plot can fall pretty flat sometimes and people are pretty unsatisfied with the very last dungeon for this reason. - While the goofy characters can be a plus for some people (like me) it can also be a bit cringy at times. - No same sex relationships. - You take the role of a prince/princess and have to develop the town. You don't start with all the shops or festivals. - Farming can get pretty repetitive and boring. - It can get pretty overwhelming since there's so much to do ; farming, dating, monster fighting, fishing, cooking, crafting, and later you can even run a store. - The tutorial is pretty long, and a lot of features require you to unlock them.
SI_3DSDS_RuneFactory4.jpg
Rune Factory 4 has very good ratings, but it was not advertised very well and suffered as a result. The company who made it filed for bankruptcy, too.

Pros
- It's basically Harvest Moon where you fight monsters. The first game was literally titled Rune Factory : A Fantasy Harvest Moon.
- There's 6 girl love interests and 6 male love interests who you can date, marry, and have children with.
- There's a lot of humor and the item descriptions are usually really funny.
- The characters are all wacky and kind of silly but that doesn't stop them from having real personalities and issues that make them really well fleshed out characters.
- The combat system is really fun and you can choose between lots of different weapon types and magic and even improve them to make them better or have extra effects.
-You can tame monsters, even the boss monsters. They can even help you with watering your crops or by gathering materials.
- There's a lot of references and characters from the older games but they're more throwbacks than anything important so you're not really missing anything if you don't get them.

Cons
- The plot can fall pretty flat sometimes and people are pretty unsatisfied with the very last dungeon for this reason.
- While the goofy characters can be a plus for some people (like me) it can also be a bit cringy at times.
- No same sex relationships.
- You take the role of a prince/princess and have to develop the town. You don't start with all the shops or festivals.
- Farming can get pretty repetitive and boring.
- It can get pretty overwhelming since there's so much to do ; farming, dating, monster fighting, fishing, cooking, crafting, and later you can even run a store.
- The tutorial is pretty long, and a lot of features require you to unlock them.
I like those trashy car/plane/boat racing' games that come with the console and are
lame.
I like those trashy car/plane/boat racing' games that come with the console and are
lame.
CROC. I loved this game, it's a cute platformer and doesn't take up much space.

Pros: Adorable platformer for the PC that you can just have a good time with.
*Croc is adorable
*Not insanely difficult like many games, and has hidden platforms.

Cons: *Plot and characters not too memorable, unlike the main platformers.
*Gameplay and music got repetitive.

Battlestations Pacific. Really fun game. Most people moved onto the war thunder and WOT/WOWS/WOWP hype.

Pros: Awesome and fun controls over the aircraft and ships (AND SUBS)
* Alternate history story mode instead of always from the US pov
* Experimental aircraft are nothing short of awesome (jet fighters included)

Cons: *some unlocks are multiplayer only so you HAVE to download a save file on PC or else you need a friend who's willing to help you get em
* Can be clunky controlling ships
* Some of the campaigns are insanely difficult, even on easier modes.
--

I of the Dragon.

Pros: You're a DRAGON. You do what ya want!

Cons: Story based, can't really customize the dragon much, and it gets repetitive.

CROC. I loved this game, it's a cute platformer and doesn't take up much space.

Pros: Adorable platformer for the PC that you can just have a good time with.
*Croc is adorable
*Not insanely difficult like many games, and has hidden platforms.

Cons: *Plot and characters not too memorable, unlike the main platformers.
*Gameplay and music got repetitive.

Battlestations Pacific. Really fun game. Most people moved onto the war thunder and WOT/WOWS/WOWP hype.

Pros: Awesome and fun controls over the aircraft and ships (AND SUBS)
* Alternate history story mode instead of always from the US pov
* Experimental aircraft are nothing short of awesome (jet fighters included)

Cons: *some unlocks are multiplayer only so you HAVE to download a save file on PC or else you need a friend who's willing to help you get em
* Can be clunky controlling ships
* Some of the campaigns are insanely difficult, even on easier modes.
--

I of the Dragon.

Pros: You're a DRAGON. You do what ya want!

Cons: Story based, can't really customize the dragon much, and it gets repetitive.

TpO8tYR.png912ee11232d0_kamikaze1.pngDgJuZtv.pngDmRdZYl.png
1 2 3 4 5