Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Underrated Video Games You Love
1 2 3 4 5
Okay, so-
I've had this game for years - ever since the Early Access version was released. This game is still a WIP - there are things still being messed with and tweaked, along with surprises and codes released by the developers that the players can decode. (Currently about $20 on Steam if the price hasn't changed.)

The game is called The Isle.
A basic description of it would be that it's a dinosaur game - but the player gets to play as the dinosaur. There are many to choose from, plus separate strains of them that you can play as too. There are different modes - Progression, Sandbox, Survival, and custom ones such as Realism and Deathmatch.

Progression is when you spend time as a low-tier creature and rack up points by spending time in the game. When you've spent about two hours as that creature, you can progress to a higher tier. (It sounds confusing, I know - I tend to avoid this mode, so it's hard to explain.)

Sandbox is simple - you get to pick what you play as and form packs or herds or whatever floats your boat.

Survival is when the player picks a creature, spawns in as a young/baby version of it, and has to survive until it reaches full growth.
Realism and Deathmatch are fun, and they're realatively self explanatory and rare servers.

Pros:
- Multiplayer.
- Different skins/mods/dinos to choose from with different perks (bone-breaking, bleed-damage, crushing bite, etc.)
- Amazing graphics.
- The models are super up-to-date and realistic.
- The developers care (but at the same time don't - Dondi is sassy) about feeback.
- Players that have had the game longer and have suffered through the major issues are respected (like myself, but to an extent).
- Interesting things (like caves, human structures, devs playing as creatures that haven't been released, etc).

Cons:
- Some players can be extremely aggressive.
- Some players wreak havoc for fun and cause issues.
- Care-bearing and corpse-guarding are annoying.
- Some people like picking fights.
- There are rare cases of Admin Abuse - haven't heard of any recently though.
- Tons of updates. (It once took over 8hrs to update after not logging in for a while)

Those are the major ones, but it's a fun way to make friends and I love it~
Highly suggested-
(Ping me if you're interested in more details or whatever, I'd be happy to share my experiences and such in the game-)
Okay, so-
I've had this game for years - ever since the Early Access version was released. This game is still a WIP - there are things still being messed with and tweaked, along with surprises and codes released by the developers that the players can decode. (Currently about $20 on Steam if the price hasn't changed.)

A basic description of it would be that it's a dinosaur game - but the player gets to play as the dinosaur. There are many to choose from, plus separate strains of them that you can play as too. There are different modes - Progression, Sandbox, Survival, and custom ones such as Realism and Deathmatch.

Progression is when you spend time as a low-tier creature and rack up points by spending time in the game. When you've spent about two hours as that creature, you can progress to a higher tier. (It sounds confusing, I know - I tend to avoid this mode, so it's hard to explain.)

Sandbox is simple - you get to pick what you play as and form packs or herds or whatever floats your boat.

Survival is when the player picks a creature, spawns in as a young/baby version of it, and has to survive until it reaches full growth.
Realism and Deathmatch are fun, and they're realatively self explanatory and rare servers.

Pros:
- Multiplayer.
- Different skins/mods/dinos to choose from with different perks (bone-breaking, bleed-damage, crushing bite, etc.)
- Amazing graphics.
- The developers care (but at the same time don't - Dondi is sassy) about feeback.
- Players that have had the game longer and have suffered through the major issues are respected (like myself, but to an extent).
- Interesting things (like caves, human structures, devs playing as creatures that haven't been released, etc).

Cons:
- Tons of updates. (It once took over 8hrs to update after not logging in for a while)

Highly suggested-
(Ping me if you're interested in more details or whatever, I'd be happy to share my experiences and such in the game-)
plague/semper/semp
any prns, writer/artist and an eldritch abomination
"don't bring a splayd to a knork fight."

wishlist
[quote name="Savijo" date="2018-11-26 09:35:43" ] YES thank you op I LOVE DQIX. The story is great and the music gets stuck in my head for days it's so catchy. I love that it's full of puns too from the very start. Also Stella is my wife. Truly an underrated treasure. My underrated game is: [img]https://hb.imgix.net/54015c0813b69bd19e7614ddaa98d7fe38979a9a.jpg?auto=compress,format&fit=crop&h=353&w=616&s=96eafff33faecb83e3cfd20a0a4d665a.png[/img] Axiom Verge! It's a Metroid-style platformer shooter game. It goes beyond just shooting stuff and getting to the next checkpoint, it's all about manipulating reality and finding secrets in this alien world you're suddenly thrown into. I love games that make me think about reality and consciousness and what it means to be alive, as well as cool sci-fi themes and amazing music. Pros: - Amazing art & music, huge map with lots to explore and lore to discover - Thought-provoking storyline that made me feel things - Diverse lands & creatures - It's on the Nintendo Switch now!?!? Cons: - It's short! I beat it in a day but I guess that could be a pro to some. - As cool as the story is, you can kinda get the twist early on if you're paying attention but it doesn't necessarily ruin the experience. sorry i don't have a ton to say on it, it's one of those games you have to play yourself to get the full idea! It's also been a while since I picked it up, I gotta play again [/quote] Piggy backing on this- Pros: You like Metroidvanias? This falls squarely into that! There's a section for speedrunners too MC is just a scientist dude that has no idea wtf is going on and responds accordingly to the shit happening It's on just about any platform Can be very difficult so looking for something in that vein you may find this game to be a challenge the OST is awesome and atmospheric Lots of weapons to use Secret areas meant to reference early out of bounds glitches from old timey games where you can find power ups (and maybe a secret weapon) and does have an in story reason for being there Cons: Unfortunately, while there's a lot of weapons, you may find yourself only using a couple Difficulty can be a pain if that's not what you're into Game can be short depending on how well you play Not into Metroidvanias? Then this game isn't for you Want a straight forward plot? This game's not for you Some boss fights can be straight up ass, especially if you're looking to get all trophies/speedrun
Savijo wrote on 2018-11-26 09:35:43:
YES thank you op I LOVE DQIX. The story is great and the music gets stuck in my head for days it's so catchy. I love that it's full of puns too from the very start. Also Stella is my wife. Truly an underrated treasure.

My underrated game is:

54015c0813b69bd19e7614ddaa98d7fe38979a9a.jpg?auto=compress,format&fit=crop&h=353&w=616&s=96eafff33faecb83e3cfd20a0a4d665a.png

Axiom Verge! It's a Metroid-style platformer shooter game. It goes beyond just shooting stuff and getting to the next checkpoint, it's all about manipulating reality and finding secrets in this alien world you're suddenly thrown into. I love games that make me think about reality and consciousness and what it means to be alive, as well as cool sci-fi themes and amazing music.

Pros:

- Amazing art & music, huge map with lots to explore and lore to discover

- Thought-provoking storyline that made me feel things

- Diverse lands & creatures

- It's on the Nintendo Switch now!?!?

Cons:

- It's short! I beat it in a day but I guess that could be a pro to some.

- As cool as the story is, you can kinda get the twist early on if you're paying attention but it doesn't necessarily ruin the experience.

sorry i don't have a ton to say on it, it's one of those games you have to play yourself to get the full idea! It's also been a while since I picked it up, I gotta play again

Piggy backing on this-

Pros:
You like Metroidvanias? This falls squarely into that!
There's a section for speedrunners too
MC is just a scientist dude that has no idea *** is going on and responds accordingly to the **** happening
It's on just about any platform
Can be very difficult so looking for something in that vein you may find this game to be a challenge
the OST is awesome and atmospheric
Lots of weapons to use
Secret areas meant to reference early out of bounds glitches from old timey games where you can find power ups (and maybe a secret weapon) and does have an in story reason for being there

Cons:
Unfortunately, while there's a lot of weapons, you may find yourself only using a couple
Difficulty can be a pain if that's not what you're into
Game can be short depending on how well you play
Not into Metroidvanias? Then this game isn't for you
Want a straight forward plot? This game's not for you
Some boss fights can be straight up ***, especially if you're looking to get all trophies/speedrun
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
@MissCalvin [quote name="MissCalvin" date="2018-11-26 16:39:01" ] Okay, so- I've had this game for years - ever since the Early Access version was released. This game is still a WIP - there are things still being messed with and tweaked, along with surprises and codes released by the developers that the players can decode. (Currently about $20 on Steam if the price hasn't changed.) The game is called The Isle. A basic description of it would be that it's a dinosaur game - but the player gets to play as the dinosaur. There are many to choose from, plus separate strains of them that you can play as too. There are different modes - Progression, Sandbox, Survival, and custom ones such as Realism and Deathmatch. Progression is when you spend time as a low-tier creature and rack up points by spending time in the game. When you've spent about two hours as that creature, you can progress to a higher tier. (It sounds confusing, I know - I tend to avoid this mode, so it's hard to explain.) Sandbox is simple - you get to pick what you play as and form packs or herds or whatever floats your boat. Survival is when the player picks a creature, spawns in as a young/baby version of it, and has to survive until it reaches full growth. Realism and Deathmatch are fun, and they're realatively self explanatory and rare servers. Pros: - Multiplayer. - Different skins/mods/dinos to choose from with different perks (bone-breaking, bleed-damage, crushing bite, etc.) - Amazing graphics. - The models are super up-to-date and realistic. - The developers care (but at the same time don't - Dondi is sassy) about feeback. - Players that have had the game longer and have suffered through the major issues are respected (like myself, but to an extent). - Interesting things (like caves, human structures, devs playing as creatures that haven't been released, etc). Cons: - Some players can be extremely aggressive. - Some players wreak havoc for fun and cause issues. - Care-bearing and corpse-guarding are annoying. - Some people like picking fights. - There are rare cases of Admin Abuse - haven't heard of any recently though. - Tons of updates. (It once took over 8hrs to update after not logging in for a while) Those are the major ones, but it's a fun way to make friends and I love it~ Highly suggested- (Ping me if you're interested in more details or whatever, I'd be happy to share my experiences and such in the game-) [/quote] AAAA YES! This and ark are my two favorite game atm+ overwatch, of course! Dinosaurs are just great!
@MissCalvin
MissCalvin wrote on 2018-11-26 16:39:01:
Okay, so-

Pros:
- Multiplayer.
- Amazing graphics.

Cons:

Highly suggested-

AAAA YES! This and ark are my two favorite game atm+ overwatch, of course! Dinosaurs are just great!
@LemonsSharks
AAAA ISLE-FAM?!!
THE ISLE IS SO UNDERRATED THAT I THOUGHT THAT I WAS ONE OF THE ONLY ONES THAT KNEW OF ITS EXISTENCE-
i love the utah/allo/carno because agility is great but i dislike how horrible their health is unless one of em' has gotten a buff that i'm unaware of

I love ARK, but I don't play it (yet). xD I need a new computer--
@LemonsSharks
AAAA ISLE-FAM?!!
THE ISLE IS SO UNDERRATED THAT I THOUGHT THAT I WAS ONE OF THE ONLY ONES THAT KNEW OF ITS EXISTENCE-
i love the utah/allo/carno because agility is great but i dislike how horrible their health is unless one of em' has gotten a buff that i'm unaware of

I love ARK, but I don't play it (yet). xD I need a new computer--
plague/semper/semp

wishlist
@MissCalvin
YASSS!
I love the allo and utahs, but carnos I'm not the biggest fan of; I'm not sure why, I just can't get the hang of it! It's funny to play parasaurs, too. Para's have always been my favorite dinosaur in general, to be frank.
@MissCalvin
YASSS!
I love the allo and utahs, but carnos I'm not the biggest fan of; I'm not sure why, I just can't get the hang of it! It's funny to play parasaurs, too. Para's have always been my favorite dinosaur in general, to be frank.
@LemonsSharks

I love the para as well (the Rex has always been a favorite, but it's super OP and too slow for my liking to play as unless I'm nested in tbh), and I love herbivores that aren't aggressive. xD Same with carnivores-
I actually tend to play in deathmatch servers to practice my dino-combat(?) skills. uvu" Knowing when to use that handy-dandy mouse has its perks, although I've made the mistake of not trusting people and eating them before. xD (I have trust issues sMH)
@LemonsSharks

I love the para as well (the Rex has always been a favorite, but it's super OP and too slow for my liking to play as unless I'm nested in tbh), and I love herbivores that aren't aggressive. xD Same with carnivores-
I actually tend to play in deathmatch servers to practice my dino-combat(?) skills. uvu" Knowing when to use that handy-dandy mouse has its perks, although I've made the mistake of not trusting people and eating them before. xD (I have trust issues sMH)
plague/semper/semp

wishlist
@MissCalvin

Yeah! I may or may not have joined a trike "cult" with the scary babies in a circle. I just mess around mostly, but I know how to handle some carnivores. (not really, I suck at killing tbh) Deathmatch is fun, but scary as heck- like, being a small dino and all you hear is huge stomping around you. I just sit there like: I'm done, mate. It's such a great game though, and the fact they are still developing it is wonderful! Like, in ark, we have slow updates which can get boring sometimes, so, two dino games! Perfect!
(oh, and trying to get a drink in deathmatch! Yikes!)
@MissCalvin

Yeah! I may or may not have joined a trike "cult" with the scary babies in a circle. I just mess around mostly, but I know how to handle some carnivores. (not really, I suck at killing tbh) Deathmatch is fun, but scary as heck- like, being a small dino and all you hear is huge stomping around you. I just sit there like: I'm done, mate. It's such a great game though, and the fact they are still developing it is wonderful! Like, in ark, we have slow updates which can get boring sometimes, so, two dino games! Perfect!
(oh, and trying to get a drink in deathmatch! Yikes!)
@LemonsSharks
I got nested into a huge but majestic as hecc Shantu herd once - it was insane. I've run into Anthomnia and The Gaming Beaver before as well. xD

Deathmatch is so much fun for me - I'll mess around as an ankle-biter with bleed damage, and slowly move up as I get killed until I'm a rex or something. Messing around in that game is too much fun - I also love exploring tbh.
And yeah, highly populated servers that allow dueling or Purges are insane-
I remember being a Gali during a rule Purge and just screeching my bum off. (I was friends with the mods and in a VC with them, so it was all gud)

(Trying to eat/drink in Deathmatch is such a horrible idea unless it's a chill server. xD)
@LemonsSharks
I got nested into a huge but majestic as hecc Shantu herd once - it was insane. I've run into Anthomnia and The Gaming Beaver before as well. xD

Deathmatch is so much fun for me - I'll mess around as an ankle-biter with bleed damage, and slowly move up as I get killed until I'm a rex or something. Messing around in that game is too much fun - I also love exploring tbh.
And yeah, highly populated servers that allow dueling or Purges are insane-
I remember being a Gali during a rule Purge and just screeching my bum off. (I was friends with the mods and in a VC with them, so it was all gud)

(Trying to eat/drink in Deathmatch is such a horrible idea unless it's a chill server. xD)
plague/semper/semp

wishlist
@LemonsSharks @MissCalvin

I have seen so many playthroughs of the Isle, but haven't taken the plunge yet (mostly because I know I would let it consume my life and I got important stuff to do like Holiday stuff and studying). I feel like if I played, I'd be a Galli every time and just wander around exploring maps and being 2Fast2Furious for anyone to catch me.
@LemonsSharks @MissCalvin

I have seen so many playthroughs of the Isle, but haven't taken the plunge yet (mostly because I know I would let it consume my life and I got important stuff to do like Holiday stuff and studying). I feel like if I played, I'd be a Galli every time and just wander around exploring maps and being 2Fast2Furious for anyone to catch me.
Looking for free lineage dragons? Level 25 rentals? Join an active community with frequent free raffles? Check out Vitali's Warriors!
@Lunartwist

I'll agree, it's so addicting that I've taken time off things to play it; I can't help myself! Galli's are the speed gods!
@Lunartwist

I'll agree, it's so addicting that I've taken time off things to play it; I can't help myself! Galli's are the speed gods!
1 2 3 4 5