Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Underrated Video Games You Love
1 2 3 4 5
@Lunartwist

Relatable with the 'consumption of life part' - I have nearly 1k hours on that game.

Gallis are like the bane of every low-teir creature in that game, oml- xD
@Lunartwist

Relatable with the 'consumption of life part' - I have nearly 1k hours on that game.

Gallis are like the bane of every low-teir creature in that game, oml- xD
plague/semper/semp
any prns, writer/artist and an eldritch abomination
"don't bring a splayd to a knork fight."

wishlist
[color=purple][font=Helvetica][size=4]I honestly have no idea if this game is considered underrated anymore, but oh well, I'll talk about it anyways. [img]https://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Xenoblade-Chronicles-New-3DS.jpg.optimal.jpg[/img] Yup, I'm talking about Xenoblade Chronicles. This game has two ports (Wii U, N3DS) and has gained popularity, but I still consider it underrated. I could write a 13 page essay on why I love this game. [b]PROS:[/b] -Beautiful soundtrack. Give it a listen. It's a mixture of straight up rock music, strings and orchestra all in the one soundtrack. There's something for everyone. -The voice acting is wonderful, and features British voice actors, which is something you don't see often enough. -Engaging plot. There's never a dull moment. -There's a ton of exploration. There's secret areas which beautiful views which will take some running around and exploring to find. -The game has a variety of areas with different themes. From grassy plains, marshlands, jungles/forests, snowy mountains. They all look fantastic. No two areas are the same. -Quests galore. There's a grand total of [i]476[/i] quests. They give rewards and EXP which means less grinding! -You will cry at least once. -The characters are easy to like. Trust me. They've all got their individual quirks which are enjoyable. Plus, post-combat dialogue is 10/10. -The lore. I can't stress this enough. The entire world has extremely well built lore. -It's great for people who love to 100% a game. There's collectables (some of which will make you want to scream because they're so hard to find), achievements, trophies (these have some hilarious requirements), killing unique monsters, gaining affinity with NPCs and completing the Affinity Chart (each area has an Affinity Chart with all the named NPCs in the area. If you talk to them, they'll give quests, talk about other named NPCSs which shows their relationships/what they think of other NPCs. In the end, you end up with big connected web of NPCs!), completing all the quests, etc. -The world is designed beautifully. -Depending on whether you own the game for the Wii or N3DS, they have seperate features. For the Wii only, you have the option to change the game's voice language to Japanese, if that's what you prefer. On the N3DS, there's a feature which allows you to view character models and listen to the game's music. -Again, the music is amazing. -You can optimise your characters through in game features. I don't want to go into too much detail, but you can make them pretty damn OP through it. -Superbosses! The game has a level cap of 99, but there are superbosses up to level 120 to challenge yourself with. [b]CONS:[/b] -The graphics are nothing to write home about. Trust me on this one. It's originally a Wii game from 2010, and knowing the Wii, the graphics aren't going to be top tier quality. -It's very hard to find on its original port, the Wii. It'll set you back up to $100+ if you want a copy of it for the Wii. Cheaper than games such as Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn by a mile, but still hard to come across. -The way the combat works can be extremely confusing. It definitely takes a while to get used to. Then we get to the next category: gems. Good lord, those can be confusing. With a bit of patience and practice, you'll get the combat down nicely. -The quests can be pretty boring at some points, and they can drag on for a while. -It's easy to miss quests on that note. Some of them have [i]very[/i] specific prerequisites. 100% runs can be ruined if you're not careful. -Completing quests can quickly lead to being overlevelled and removes the challenge aspect. -The affinity chart can be frustrating. It's easy to miss certain links from one NPC to another. -NPCs on that note move around and come out at certain times of day/night, making them hard to track down if you don't know their schedules. [b]CONCLUSION:[/b] Xenoblade Chronicles has a lot to offer, even if the graphics aren't exactly the best. While it takes some time to get used to, once you get the hang of the game, it's extremely enjoyable. Even though the game throws a lot of things at you sometimes, it's easy to adapt to. If you want a game that will keep you entertained whether it be through plot, collecting or exploring, I would highly recommend it. [s]thank you for coming to my ted talk.[/s] [img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61Ze%2BfmvEsL._AC_SX215_.jpg[/img] Spore Creatures for the DS. This game occupied most of my time as a kid. [b]PROS:[/b] -A LOT of customisation for your creature. Honestly, you can make some weird looking creatures and it's fun. -Some of the creatures have some really cute designs! -While this could also be considered a con, the graphics are very plain and simple which gives it a certain charm. The creatures are ball line and generated 2.5D, while the environments are 3D. -YOU GET TO DANCE WITH OTHER CREATURES. IT'S SO CUTE. YOU CAN ALSO CUDDLE WITH THEM IT'S ADORABLE. -The game has cheats which can make you basically invincible. The cheats are fun to mess around with. You can turn meat into fruit, fruit into meat- all kinds of weird stuff. -You do have the option to replay the worlds after beating the game at your leisure. -You can defeat the final boss by essentially having a dance off with him. I'm not kidding. Now that's how you should be able to defeat every final boss. [b]CONS:[/b] -The plot is pretty boring. -There isn't really much to do aside from progress through the story and do the little quests some of the creatures give. -Like I mentioned, the graphics are plain and simple. They can look fairly weird sometimes since it's 2.5D. -Music is pretty meh. -Some of the parts you can collect are an absolute [i]pain[/i] to do so. -Really, once you've completed the game, all you can do is replay the worlds. There's no real variation. All the worlds are somewhat different, but that's it. -The battle system is extremely boring. [b]CONCLUSION:[/b] The game very lacklustre in terms of plot and music, but the customisation aspect makes up for it. I don't know how common this game is anymore, but if you want a game to just make creatures on and enjoy a very simplistic plot, then go for it.
I honestly have no idea if this game is considered underrated anymore, but oh well, I'll talk about it anyways.

Xenoblade-Chronicles-New-3DS.jpg.optimal.jpg

Yup, I'm talking about Xenoblade Chronicles. This game has two ports (Wii U, N3DS) and has gained popularity, but I still consider it underrated. I could write a 13 page essay on why I love this game.

PROS:
-Beautiful soundtrack. Give it a listen. It's a mixture of straight up rock music, strings and orchestra all in the one soundtrack. There's something for everyone.
-The voice acting is wonderful, and features British voice actors, which is something you don't see often enough.
-Engaging plot. There's never a dull moment.
-There's a ton of exploration. There's secret areas which beautiful views which will take some running around and exploring to find.
-The game has a variety of areas with different themes. From grassy plains, marshlands, jungles/forests, snowy mountains. They all look fantastic. No two areas are the same.
-Quests galore. There's a grand total of 476 quests. They give rewards and EXP which means less grinding!
-You will cry at least once.
-The characters are easy to like. Trust me. They've all got their individual quirks which are enjoyable. Plus, post-combat dialogue is 10/10.
-The lore. I can't stress this enough. The entire world has extremely well built lore.
-It's great for people who love to 100% a game. There's collectables (some of which will make you want to scream because they're so hard to find), achievements, trophies (these have some hilarious requirements), killing unique monsters, gaining affinity with NPCs and completing the Affinity Chart (each area has an Affinity Chart with all the named NPCs in the area. If you talk to them, they'll give quests, talk about other named NPCSs which shows their relationships/what they think of other NPCs. In the end, you end up with big connected web of NPCs!), completing all the quests, etc. -The world is designed beautifully.
-Depending on whether you own the game for the Wii or N3DS, they have seperate features. For the Wii only, you have the option to change the game's voice language to Japanese, if that's what you prefer. On the N3DS, there's a feature which allows you to view character models and listen to the game's music.
-Again, the music is amazing.
-You can optimise your characters through in game features. I don't want to go into too much detail, but you can make them pretty damn OP through it.
-Superbosses! The game has a level cap of 99, but there are superbosses up to level 120 to challenge yourself with.

CONS:
-The graphics are nothing to write home about. Trust me on this one. It's originally a Wii game from 2010, and knowing the Wii, the graphics aren't going to be top tier quality.
-It's very hard to find on its original port, the Wii. It'll set you back up to $100+ if you want a copy of it for the Wii. Cheaper than games such as Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn by a mile, but still hard to come across.
-The way the combat works can be extremely confusing. It definitely takes a while to get used to. Then we get to the next category: gems. Good lord, those can be confusing. With a bit of patience and practice, you'll get the combat down nicely.
-The quests can be pretty boring at some points, and they can drag on for a while.
-It's easy to miss quests on that note. Some of them have very specific prerequisites. 100% runs can be ruined if you're not careful.
-Completing quests can quickly lead to being overlevelled and removes the challenge aspect.
-The affinity chart can be frustrating. It's easy to miss certain links from one NPC to another.
-NPCs on that note move around and come out at certain times of day/night, making them hard to track down if you don't know their schedules.

CONCLUSION:
Xenoblade Chronicles has a lot to offer, even if the graphics aren't exactly the best. While it takes some time to get used to, once you get the hang of the game, it's extremely enjoyable. Even though the game throws a lot of things at you sometimes, it's easy to adapt to. If you want a game that will keep you entertained whether it be through plot, collecting or exploring, I would highly recommend it.

thank you for coming to my ted talk.

61Ze%2BfmvEsL._AC_SX215_.jpg

Spore Creatures for the DS. This game occupied most of my time as a kid.

PROS:
-A LOT of customisation for your creature. Honestly, you can make some weird looking creatures and it's fun.
-Some of the creatures have some really cute designs!
-While this could also be considered a con, the graphics are very plain and simple which gives it a certain charm. The creatures are ball line and generated 2.5D, while the environments are 3D.
-YOU GET TO DANCE WITH OTHER CREATURES. IT'S SO CUTE. YOU CAN ALSO CUDDLE WITH THEM IT'S ADORABLE.
-The game has cheats which can make you basically invincible. The cheats are fun to mess around with. You can turn meat into fruit, fruit into meat- all kinds of weird stuff.
-You do have the option to replay the worlds after beating the game at your leisure.
-You can defeat the final boss by essentially having a dance off with him. I'm not kidding. Now that's how you should be able to defeat every final boss.

CONS:
-The plot is pretty boring.
-There isn't really much to do aside from progress through the story and do the little quests some of the creatures give.
-Like I mentioned, the graphics are plain and simple. They can look fairly weird sometimes since it's 2.5D.
-Music is pretty meh.
-Some of the parts you can collect are an absolute pain to do so.
-Really, once you've completed the game, all you can do is replay the worlds. There's no real variation. All the worlds are somewhat different, but that's it.
-The battle system is extremely boring.

CONCLUSION:
The game very lacklustre in terms of plot and music, but the customisation aspect makes up for it. I don't know how common this game is anymore, but if you want a game to just make creatures on and enjoy a very simplistic plot, then go for it.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
@LemonsSharks

More like:

Cons - Multiplayer.

I would LOVE that game if it wasn't MP-only. :( I'm fine just exploring and doing my own thing, don't want no other players coming to try and kill me.
@LemonsSharks

More like:

Cons - Multiplayer.

I would LOVE that game if it wasn't MP-only. :( I'm fine just exploring and doing my own thing, don't want no other players coming to try and kill me.
signaturething.png
Dragon Age is pretty underrated and I’m not really sure why.
Dreamfall is also underrated, which is odd because its such a good story and series of games. Dreamfall Chapters is so long and so beautiful, definitely needs a bigger community of players.
Dragon Age is pretty underrated and I’m not really sure why.
Dreamfall is also underrated, which is odd because its such a good story and series of games. Dreamfall Chapters is so long and so beautiful, definitely needs a bigger community of players.
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
[b][/b][quote name="@Alvis" date="2018-11-26 22:48:11" ] [img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61Ze%2BfmvEsL._AC_SX215_.jpg[/img] Spore Creatures for the DS. This game occupied most of my time as a kid. ... [size=1](i'm editing this out so this post doesn't get too long)[/size] [b]CONCLUSION:[/b] The game very lacklustre in terms of plot and music, but the customisation aspect makes up for it. I don't know how common this game is anymore, but if you want a game to just make creatures on and enjoy a very simplistic plot, then go for it. [/quote] I support this! Spore Creatures can easily be found in the bargain bin at game stores, which is a shame, because it's worth more than that. [b]Pros:[/b] - Better creature building than Spore Hero. Using the stylus is much preferred to the Wiimote. And all the parts are interesting too. - The cheats are heckin' fun to play around with. And you have to unlock them, too, so by putting effort into the game you'll be rewarded! - The simple art style makes things cuter. Think Paper Mario but in Spore lore. - Speaking of which, THE CREATURE YOU START AS IS ADORABLE AS HECK [b]Cons:[/b] - This game can be pretty easy, as you can somewhat easily get the parts you need for each section. - Depending on how fast you get through worlds, it can be short - Low replayability factor as there's not much left to do after beating the final boss except play around with cheats - Plot isn't much to write home about. There's even a [url=http://www.spore.com/what/creatures]test creature editor![/url] [url=http://www.spore.com/what/ds?language=en&creature=Oogiee:t7;a8.0.0;b7.0.0;c6.0.0;d15.0.0;e1.0.0:t5;i4:i6;i7;x25;y32;s156;r60:m3;i2;x-22;y-32;s83;r0:l5;i6;x20;y40;s115;r0:l5;i5;x-3;y33;s130;r0:e5;i1;x-18;y-46;s130;r0:d5;i9;x-2;y-42;s130;r-1:d4;i8;x-9;y-50;s93;r-1:a1;i3;x-16;y-6;s130;r0]Here's what I did with it.[/url] also here's the starter creature just for kicks [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/spore/images/d/d2/Oogie.png[/img]
@Alvis wrote on 2018-11-26 22:48:11:

61Ze%2BfmvEsL._AC_SX215_.jpg

Spore Creatures for the DS. This game occupied most of my time as a kid.
... (i'm editing this out so this post doesn't get too long)

CONCLUSION:
The game very lacklustre in terms of plot and music, but the customisation aspect makes up for it. I don't know how common this game is anymore, but if you want a game to just make creatures on and enjoy a very simplistic plot, then go for it.

I support this! Spore Creatures can easily be found in the bargain bin at game stores, which is a shame, because it's worth more than that.

Pros:
- Better creature building than Spore Hero. Using the stylus is much preferred to the Wiimote. And all the parts are interesting too.
- The cheats are heckin' fun to play around with. And you have to unlock them, too, so by putting effort into the game you'll be rewarded!
- The simple art style makes things cuter. Think Paper Mario but in Spore lore.
- Speaking of which, THE CREATURE YOU START AS IS ADORABLE AS HECK

Cons:
- This game can be pretty easy, as you can somewhat easily get the parts you need for each section.
- Depending on how fast you get through worlds, it can be short
- Low replayability factor as there's not much left to do after beating the final boss except play around with cheats
- Plot isn't much to write home about.

There's even a test creature editor!

Here's what I did with it.

also here's the starter creature just for kicks
Oogie.png
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
I've got one of my own-Prey 2017 [img]https://cdn.staticneo.com/ew/thumb/2/20/Prey-2017-walkthrough.jpg/662px-Prey-2017-walkthrough.jpg[/img] Is on PS4, PC and XBox One You play as Morgan Yu, who is a brilliant scientist aboard Talos 1. Your brother is the CEO of the place and you've agreed to undergo experiments involving aliens in order to further humanity. Problem is, the nature of the tests mean memory wipes and personality drift. Add to that you've been basically stuck in a simulation for a long time due to said experiments and you've got quite a bit on your plate. But at least you made an AI to help you get out of the sim you've been put in, especially if the aliens, called Typhon, break containment. Which is what exactly happens. Good luck! The nature of the game deals a lot with trust-do you trust your brother and his motives? Do you trust the people you come across on the station? And do you-or can you-trust yourself, given your previous thoughts and actions that you don't even remember? Can you even trust the reality of the situation? And also fighting aliens (mostly) to survive and make use of their parts. Some twists and turns most definitely and you might catch partly onto the true reality of the situation, but not entirely until the reveal at the very end. How you interact with people does affect the ending as well. 'And now it's time to beat the mind game.' Pros- Alternate timeline of events-Cold War is still a thing, America never got involved in Vietnam, USSR expanded further, USSR and America work together on Typhon at first etc. Very interesting background lore, even including the company TranStar which owns Talos one. Very beautiful environments-I defy anyone playing it, especially on their first space walk, to tell me that's not awesome. Also you do get to space walk. Many times if you so choose. The characters you interact with are from various backgrounds and are interesting in their own right with how they act/what they like/what their jobs are. No seriously, there's quite a bit spent on the 'main' side characters and their histories. You can choose to play either male or female Morgan The aliens are bad ass and freaky and definitely not of Earth Interesting philosophical questions on humanity and the aliens come up The abilities you get are cool and are very much different-the alien abilities are totally different from the human ones to remind you that the aliens are their own thing Exploring the station and all it's nooks and crannies was cool Recycler charges and other weapons are pretty cool OST is very awesome-part synthwave, part techno and part atmospheric in nature. Various difficulties including story mode Cons- First playthrough will most likely be your longest as once you get everything down, you can greatly reduce your play time to the point where the story really seems short. Weapons and combat can be a bit iffy at times due to being overwhelmed by aliens as well as being a squishy scientist. Also ammo is limited that you can find-going to have to make them yourself after a while. There are bugs. The game can crash (had it crash twice on me) and there's an issue with Kirk Remmer spawning as an enemy. While most bugs have been fixed, Kirk and others have not. You will either love or hate microgravity areas as well as spacewalks (due to controls). The last portion of the game shifts from being about aliens to being a company liability and dealing with machines spawning from everywhere. Can be very difficult and storywise is kind of jarring. Due to the true reality of the game, some people may come away thinking that nothing they did really mattered, despite that it did, just not on the level they thought. Also the ending is divisive due to the true reality of it.
I've got one of my own-Prey 2017

662px-Prey-2017-walkthrough.jpg

Is on PS4, PC and XBox One

You play as Morgan Yu, who is a brilliant scientist aboard Talos 1. Your brother is the CEO of the place and you've agreed to undergo experiments involving aliens in order to further humanity. Problem is, the nature of the tests mean memory wipes and personality drift. Add to that you've been basically stuck in a simulation for a long time due to said experiments and you've got quite a bit on your plate. But at least you made an AI to help you get out of the sim you've been put in, especially if the aliens, called Typhon, break containment. Which is what exactly happens. Good luck!

The nature of the game deals a lot with trust-do you trust your brother and his motives? Do you trust the people you come across on the station? And do you-or can you-trust yourself, given your previous thoughts and actions that you don't even remember? Can you even trust the reality of the situation? And also fighting aliens (mostly) to survive and make use of their parts. Some twists and turns most definitely and you might catch partly onto the true reality of the situation, but not entirely until the reveal at the very end. How you interact with people does affect the ending as well.

'And now it's time to beat the mind game.'

Pros-
Alternate timeline of events-Cold War is still a thing, America never got involved in Vietnam, USSR expanded further, USSR and America work together on Typhon at first etc. Very interesting background lore, even including the company TranStar which owns Talos one.
Very beautiful environments-I defy anyone playing it, especially on their first space walk, to tell me that's not awesome.
Also you do get to space walk. Many times if you so choose.
The characters you interact with are from various backgrounds and are interesting in their own right with how they act/what they like/what their jobs are. No seriously, there's quite a bit spent on the 'main' side characters and their histories.
You can choose to play either male or female Morgan
The aliens are bad *** and freaky and definitely not of Earth
Interesting philosophical questions on humanity and the aliens come up
The abilities you get are cool and are very much different-the alien abilities are totally different from the human ones to remind you that the aliens are their own thing
Exploring the station and all it's nooks and crannies was cool
Recycler charges and other weapons are pretty cool
OST is very awesome-part synthwave, part techno and part atmospheric in nature.
Various difficulties including story mode

Cons-
First playthrough will most likely be your longest as once you get everything down, you can greatly reduce your play time to the point where the story really seems short.
Weapons and combat can be a bit iffy at times due to being overwhelmed by aliens as well as being a squishy scientist. Also ammo is limited that you can find-going to have to make them yourself after a while.
There are bugs. The game can crash (had it crash twice on me) and there's an issue with Kirk Remmer spawning as an enemy. While most bugs have been fixed, Kirk and others have not.
You will either love or hate microgravity areas as well as spacewalks (due to controls).
The last portion of the game shifts from being about aliens to being a company liability and dealing with machines spawning from everywhere. Can be very difficult and storywise is kind of jarring.
Due to the true reality of the game, some people may come away thinking that nothing they did really mattered, despite that it did, just not on the level they thought.
Also the ending is divisive due to the true reality of it.

Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
I never really see anyone talking about Jotun, and it's a pretty quality game. It has nice visuals, and has a stronger base in Norse mythology than just "viking cool and have ax."
I never really see anyone talking about Jotun, and it's a pretty quality game. It has nice visuals, and has a stronger base in Norse mythology than just "viking cool and have ax."
HQsa6bD.png FR + 1 fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png
they/them
INTP
True Neutral

(I like to chill.)
14.png
UugYXap.png
I honestly have very fond memories of the PC versions of the Spongebob Squarepants Movie game and Battle for Bikini Bottom. The Gamecube version of both get a lot of praise, but the PC versions were the first video games I ever played, and are honestly really fun. the movie game is a point-and-click adventure, and BBB is based around minigames (but, like, a LOT of them).
I honestly have very fond memories of the PC versions of the Spongebob Squarepants Movie game and Battle for Bikini Bottom. The Gamecube version of both get a lot of praise, but the PC versions were the first video games I ever played, and are honestly really fun. the movie game is a point-and-click adventure, and BBB is based around minigames (but, like, a LOT of them).
someone tell me what I should put in my forum signature
Starbound!!
I love Starbound so much omg,, basically terraria in space with a story, way more exploration, and less focus on fighting which is absolutely perfect for me

Pros:
-Completely open world past the first quest with tons of different kinds of planets to explore
-Lots and lots of customization!! you can pick from 7 races and customize your character, then find clothes and stuff to customize even more!!
-Tons of stuff to do! you can explore planets, fight things, upgrade your ship, build, collect stuff, heck you can even be a pokemon trainer if you want!
-pretty cheap! 15$ for a game i've gotten nearly 200 hours out of so far
-A M A Z I N G soundtrack omg,, and it's only a dollar for the entire thing!! around 6 hours of music for a buck on steam

Cons:
-Story is kinda meh, and it's a bit annoying you have to complete the first quest before you can do much outside your starter planet
-Fighting system is also meh, but most of the monsters are procedurally generated for each planet so that's neat
-Planets can get a bit repetitive after a while
-To explore different kinds of planets you need to upgrade your EPP to different tiers to explore more dangerous planets, which makes the game a bit more linear than completely open world

if you like Minecraft, Terraria, or just open world/scifi/building games in general, i'd highly recommend it!

also recently started playing Rain World!
it's a platformer where you're this little tiny thing called a slugcat and you have to find your family after getting lost, but there's lots of things that want to eat you D:
I haven't played enough to really make a review, but here's some things:

Pros:
-beautiful graphics!! it's in a really neat pixel style
-interesting map style, it's kind of a metroidvania type thing
-nice soundtrack when it actually shows up

Cons:
-REALLY hard
-janky controls
-time limit between save points and if you don't get to a safe spot within the limit you d i e

if you like platformers that are unforgiving as HECK then i'd recommend rain world!
Starbound!!
I love Starbound so much omg,, basically terraria in space with a story, way more exploration, and less focus on fighting which is absolutely perfect for me

Pros:
-Completely open world past the first quest with tons of different kinds of planets to explore
-Lots and lots of customization!! you can pick from 7 races and customize your character, then find clothes and stuff to customize even more!!
-Tons of stuff to do! you can explore planets, fight things, upgrade your ship, build, collect stuff, heck you can even be a pokemon trainer if you want!
-pretty cheap! 15$ for a game i've gotten nearly 200 hours out of so far
-A M A Z I N G soundtrack omg,, and it's only a dollar for the entire thing!! around 6 hours of music for a buck on steam

Cons:
-Story is kinda meh, and it's a bit annoying you have to complete the first quest before you can do much outside your starter planet
-Fighting system is also meh, but most of the monsters are procedurally generated for each planet so that's neat
-Planets can get a bit repetitive after a while
-To explore different kinds of planets you need to upgrade your EPP to different tiers to explore more dangerous planets, which makes the game a bit more linear than completely open world

if you like Minecraft, Terraria, or just open world/scifi/building games in general, i'd highly recommend it!

also recently started playing Rain World!
it's a platformer where you're this little tiny thing called a slugcat and you have to find your family after getting lost, but there's lots of things that want to eat you D:
I haven't played enough to really make a review, but here's some things:

Pros:
-beautiful graphics!! it's in a really neat pixel style
-interesting map style, it's kind of a metroidvania type thing
-nice soundtrack when it actually shows up

Cons:
-REALLY hard
-janky controls
-time limit between save points and if you don't get to a safe spot within the limit you d i e

if you like platformers that are unforgiving as HECK then i'd recommend rain world!
shellbubble.gif
___they/them_-_ please copy+paste my
____fr time +3___username when pinging
[img]https://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/7192/837908-shadow_hearts_yuri_battle.jpg[/img] Shadow Hearts!!! (1,2 and 3) Pros: ~ Beautiful battle system. You have to have good timing to hit certain spots on a ring as a line passes over it as it goes around the ring. ~ Amazing storyline in each of them. ~ Interactive puzzles you have to do, again with a ring. All of them are different. You wouldn't believe how many ways the system can be used. ~ Great graphics for the time. ~ Beautiful soundtrack. Makes it creepy in just the right times to keep you on your feet. ~ A lot of different things to gather to make you stronger. Each character has their own way of this. (One finds random objects, picks them up in weird conversations with them, and uses them as weapons. Said weapon can even be a cactus.) Cons: ~ It takes quite a few times to get used to the battle system, since it is so different than any other game. ~ It's a love hate relationship with dealing with all of the negative energy you gather from defeating monsters. You have to fight things in order to release it, and some of the monsters you fight can be pretty hard. ~ Ring customization is kind of confusing. My first playthrough of the first and second I never even touched it. ~ The main battle monsters are extremely tough unless you know their weakness beforehand. A.k.a. fight them, die, then play it again. Kinda annoying. ~ Usually at least one character you have is going to be completely useless. But at one point or another you have to have them in your party. :< Conclusion: The games are amazing. The battle system couldn't be more interactive if it wanted to be. The game has a kinda creepy vibe but it's pretty easy to force yourself to go forward. But if you like RPGs, and are willing to try out a new battle system this game is for you. The storylines are beautiful, and don't take long to get into. The characters are quirky, and sometimes hilarious. And overall, it's just a good game to play. :>
837908-shadow_hearts_yuri_battle.jpg
Shadow Hearts!!! (1,2 and 3)

Pros:
~ Beautiful battle system. You have to have good timing to hit certain spots on a ring as a line passes over it as it goes around the ring.
~ Amazing storyline in each of them.
~ Interactive puzzles you have to do, again with a ring. All of them are different. You wouldn't believe how many ways the system can be used.
~ Great graphics for the time.
~ Beautiful soundtrack. Makes it creepy in just the right times to keep you on your feet.
~ A lot of different things to gather to make you stronger. Each character has their own way of this. (One finds random objects, picks them up in weird conversations with them, and uses them as weapons. Said weapon can even be a cactus.)

Cons:
~ It takes quite a few times to get used to the battle system, since it is so different than any other game.
~ It's a love hate relationship with dealing with all of the negative energy you gather from defeating monsters. You have to fight things in order to release it, and some of the monsters you fight can be pretty hard.
~ Ring customization is kind of confusing. My first playthrough of the first and second I never even touched it.
~ The main battle monsters are extremely tough unless you know their weakness beforehand. A.k.a. fight them, die, then play it again. Kinda annoying.
~ Usually at least one character you have is going to be completely useless. But at one point or another you have to have them in your party. :<

Conclusion:
The games are amazing. The battle system couldn't be more interactive if it wanted to be. The game has a kinda creepy vibe but it's pretty easy to force yourself to go forward. But if you like RPGs, and are willing to try out a new battle system this game is for you. The storylines are beautiful, and don't take long to get into. The characters are quirky, and sometimes hilarious. And overall, it's just a good game to play. :>
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
1 2 3 4 5