Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What's the Strangest RP you've been in?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
my pathfinder group that meets on tuesdays
my pathfinder group that meets on tuesdays
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
*drinking the rootbeer*

... Nothing to see here...
*drinking the rootbeer*

... Nothing to see here...
Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
@catkidemma
you know back to the future, right?
basically the ciy story is distortion happens, the runic four screw up in a back to the future style mistake, when they fix their mistakes the shade is real, and the shade is defeated in the blink of an eye.

also if you don't know about bfdi, you might have heard of bfb, which is literally just the fourth season of bfdi.
if you still haven't heard of it, watch the series for yourself. it is a mildly surreal experience that you'll grow to love and get 60 fandragons of... oops
@catkidemma
you know back to the future, right?
basically the ciy story is distortion happens, the runic four screw up in a back to the future style mistake, when they fix their mistakes the shade is real, and the shade is defeated in the blink of an eye.

also if you don't know about bfdi, you might have heard of bfb, which is literally just the fourth season of bfdi.
if you still haven't heard of it, watch the series for yourself. it is a mildly surreal experience that you'll grow to love and get 60 fandragons of... oops
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
[quote name="Pheonyx" date="2018-09-24 15:03:44" ] [snip] @/AntipathicZora @/Flareth because I'm dragging you into this too, also I know for a fact you have even weirder RPs before I started. [/quote] hahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA [i]let me tell you kids a yarn[/i] long before the series my good buddy nyx here describes, which has become my baby and we've worked very hard to make it as cohesive and sensical as we can, there was another series. let me take you back to the year of 2007. the hottest memes are the rickroll, caramelldansen, leekspin. old, ancient classics the likes of which things like bongo cat and bowsette will never live up to. internet forums are still the Way To Go when it comes to roleplaying. shrek the third had just released in theaters. on its surface, this series was all about getting zapped by a shrink ray and walking into a pocket dimension where logic flew out the window. at one time, it was basically the lolrandom dimension, but it was later changed to be a plane ruled by two chaos goddesses. eventually it became a big crossover plot centered around the characters traveling to the worlds of different media. seems fairly innocent for a bunch of teenagers in the golden era of random humor, right? you'd be correct, but it still got pretty wild. one character was a guy with psychic powers who could barely speak english and loved the ever loving heck out of wrestling. he led us to toss dynamite in the nuclear reactor from the simpsons and once wrestled chuck norris when people still thought of him as anything but an old washed up republican. another character was top tier emo chic. his plotlines were all edgy and heavy and at one point he was revealed to have been in a group dedicated to slaying all of humanity, but it's okay because he betrayed the group when he realized his morals. his brother was the main antagonist of the series for a while, and another major antagonist was his girlfriend. all of this player's characters were kinda Like That, though. because of him, we spent a lot of time dealing with dark clones (a la dark link from the legend of zelda; many of these were retconned pretty quickly into siblings and family members of other characters) and had to do a lot of dealing with organization xiii from kingdom hearts then there was the girl who built the shrink ray. she was supposed to be 'weird' and 'quirky', but at some point that turned into being kinda psychotic, which we later retconned into being possessed by an even bigger bad than emoboy's brother. she leveled out over the years and she really is a good character, if a little nutty. because of her, we ended up in the worlds of a lot of classic 90's cartoons, weird movies and a couple of the tween-coms that were popular at the time me? i tried to play the straight man, but my character ended up being a huge bitch for the first few pages of the first entry in the series. once i was allowed to start bringing in zelda elements (i was enchanted with that series, and still am to this day even though i'm enchanted in a different way) i gave up on that and she became the problem-solver of the group major characters from the series we visited showed up. at some point we made zim and dib (from invader zim fame) share a tender worst enemy embrace, and for most of the series my character made the mistake of engaging in romance with the edgy character, despite all his foibles. at some point the two outright ended up in jail. and to top it all off? the cast of shrek were major overarching characters who often got dragged with the gang to deal with the plots they were chasing. but you know what? it was fun. it was a blast, and i'd do it again in a heartbeat. @Flareth and i still look on those days with fondness, even though this insanity isn't even scratching the surface of the kind of things that happened in that RP.
Pheonyx wrote on 2018-09-24 15:03:44:
[snip]

@/AntipathicZora @/Flareth because I'm dragging you into this too, also I know for a fact you have even weirder RPs before I started.
hahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

let me tell you kids a yarn

long before the series my good buddy nyx here describes, which has become my baby and we've worked very hard to make it as cohesive and sensical as we can, there was another series.

let me take you back to the year of 2007. the hottest memes are the rickroll, caramelldansen, leekspin. old, ancient classics the likes of which things like bongo cat and bowsette will never live up to. internet forums are still the Way To Go when it comes to roleplaying. shrek the third had just released in theaters.

on its surface, this series was all about getting zapped by a shrink ray and walking into a pocket dimension where logic flew out the window. at one time, it was basically the lolrandom dimension, but it was later changed to be a plane ruled by two chaos goddesses. eventually it became a big crossover plot centered around the characters traveling to the worlds of different media. seems fairly innocent for a bunch of teenagers in the golden era of random humor, right?

you'd be correct, but it still got pretty wild.

one character was a guy with psychic powers who could barely speak english and loved the ever loving heck out of wrestling. he led us to toss dynamite in the nuclear reactor from the simpsons and once wrestled chuck norris when people still thought of him as anything but an old washed up republican.

another character was top tier emo chic. his plotlines were all edgy and heavy and at one point he was revealed to have been in a group dedicated to slaying all of humanity, but it's okay because he betrayed the group when he realized his morals. his brother was the main antagonist of the series for a while, and another major antagonist was his girlfriend. all of this player's characters were kinda Like That, though. because of him, we spent a lot of time dealing with dark clones (a la dark link from the legend of zelda; many of these were retconned pretty quickly into siblings and family members of other characters) and had to do a lot of dealing with organization xiii from kingdom hearts

then there was the girl who built the shrink ray. she was supposed to be 'weird' and 'quirky', but at some point that turned into being kinda psychotic, which we later retconned into being possessed by an even bigger bad than emoboy's brother. she leveled out over the years and she really is a good character, if a little nutty. because of her, we ended up in the worlds of a lot of classic 90's cartoons, weird movies and a couple of the tween-coms that were popular at the time

me? i tried to play the straight man, but my character ended up being a huge ***** for the first few pages of the first entry in the series. once i was allowed to start bringing in zelda elements (i was enchanted with that series, and still am to this day even though i'm enchanted in a different way) i gave up on that and she became the problem-solver of the group

major characters from the series we visited showed up. at some point we made zim and dib (from invader zim fame) share a tender worst enemy embrace, and for most of the series my character made the mistake of engaging in romance with the edgy character, despite all his foibles. at some point the two outright ended up in jail. and to top it all off?

the cast of shrek were major overarching characters who often got dragged with the gang to deal with the plots they were chasing.

but you know what?

it was fun. it was a blast, and i'd do it again in a heartbeat.

@Flareth and i still look on those days with fondness, even though this insanity isn't even scratching the surface of the kind of things that happened in that RP.
ofEAVKK.png
there were. plenty of weird ones from the e2 cafe on tfm. it was fun while it lasted but im never participating in those again
hte only character i played as didnt help
there were. plenty of weird ones from the e2 cafe on tfm. it was fun while it lasted but im never participating in those again
hte only character i played as didnt help
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
Never been in a cafe RP. I treated them like plague.
Never been in a cafe RP. I treated them like plague.
@PyroQuill

im crying what the heck did i just read ,,, im not sure what to think but that's hilarious omg
@PyroQuill

im crying what the heck did i just read ,,, im not sure what to think but that's hilarious omg
sydney , fem , she/her, + 0

dog person

gimme that gay s--t
aaaaGrotesque-2-_R.png
not a lot of my rps have been super weird, but there was this one where there were like seven of us with different (yet all very gay) ocs who were in a band together. i remember at the time things were super boring and not a lot was happening so i decided to spice it up by typing "*gets stabbed*" into the chat, just to see what would happen

so at first only like one other person was active and she thought it was hilarious bc it was just so unexpected, right? then her character punched the guy who stabbed my character (who was just a random dude, mind u) and then called the cops as they ran away

so then my character was brought to the hospital and then when other people came online they were met with one character freaking out and another one being in a coma (somehow my character went into a coma ,, i dont remember how tho)

also for some reason someone else's character got trampled by a crowd?? it was obvious they were doing it for attention but yeah the rp died off soon after that

it was great during the short time it lasted
not a lot of my rps have been super weird, but there was this one where there were like seven of us with different (yet all very gay) ocs who were in a band together. i remember at the time things were super boring and not a lot was happening so i decided to spice it up by typing "*gets stabbed*" into the chat, just to see what would happen

so at first only like one other person was active and she thought it was hilarious bc it was just so unexpected, right? then her character punched the guy who stabbed my character (who was just a random dude, mind u) and then called the cops as they ran away

so then my character was brought to the hospital and then when other people came online they were met with one character freaking out and another one being in a coma (somehow my character went into a coma ,, i dont remember how tho)

also for some reason someone else's character got trampled by a crowd?? it was obvious they were doing it for attention but yeah the rp died off soon after that

it was great during the short time it lasted
sydney , fem , she/her, + 0

dog person

gimme that gay s--t
aaaaGrotesque-2-_R.png
[quote name="@hamkid" date="2018-09-24 03:34:32" ] @/Yugi if you can try, that's great! If not, that's fine too. (I'd love to be signed up for the newsletter id you make it lol) I'm kinda interested in re-making The Story Game, admittedly. Some of the elements will remain the same: multi-fandom (and OC), having to find the crystal to open the interdimensional portal, but of course there'll be some changes, too. I have to go to school soon, but I'll try to think of more. First thing is to get some people interested ... [/quote] I'm interested! Count me in!
@hamkid wrote on 2018-09-24 03:34:32:
@/Yugi if you can try, that's great! If not, that's fine too.
(I'd love to be signed up for the newsletter id you make it lol)

I'm kinda interested in re-making The Story Game, admittedly. Some of the elements will remain the same: multi-fandom (and OC), having to find the crystal to open the interdimensional portal, but of course there'll be some changes, too. I have to go to school soon, but I'll try to think of more. First thing is to get some people interested ...
I'm interested! Count me in!
Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
DM was constantly annoyed by the characters us players made. We had a warrior that was a coward, the wizard was a complete mercenary that only cared about obtaining more money, and the thief (my character) was a kleptomaniac that was always stealing but only useless things.
DM was constantly annoyed by the characters us players made. We had a warrior that was a coward, the wizard was a complete mercenary that only cared about obtaining more money, and the thief (my character) was a kleptomaniac that was always stealing but only useless things.
qDavPTk.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11