Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | what do you collect?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[quote name="sataan" date="2018-07-10 15:27:53" ] woah thats pretty cool! i love stuff like that, it really just adds personality to a room to have things that you like or hold memories c: [/quote] My friends half-joke that you wouldn't know my bedroom belongs to an adult at first glance, and it probably isn't helped by the fact I have geeky pillowcases and some Build-A-Bear Star Wars plushies on my bed. But quite a few of my items on display aren't even things I bought myself. With med bills, I stick to standard action figures and other cheap collectibles, MAYBE getting a nicer item if it goes on clearance or I find a good sale when I have the funds. Almost all my higher end items and imports come from friends and family (imports are almost all gifts from friends who live overseas, like some Doctor Who items not released in the US or the bulk of my Japanese superhero collectibles). It adds a bit more sentimental value to it knowing that someone took the time to think "You know, I bet he would like this" or went out of their way to find something (like my friends in Japan who collected over 100 Ranger Keys for me) since I never asked for any of it.
sataan wrote on 2018-07-10 15:27:53:
woah thats pretty cool! i love stuff like that, it really just adds personality to a room to have things that you like or hold memories c:

My friends half-joke that you wouldn't know my bedroom belongs to an adult at first glance, and it probably isn't helped by the fact I have geeky pillowcases and some Build-A-Bear Star Wars plushies on my bed.

But quite a few of my items on display aren't even things I bought myself. With med bills, I stick to standard action figures and other cheap collectibles, MAYBE getting a nicer item if it goes on clearance or I find a good sale when I have the funds. Almost all my higher end items and imports come from friends and family (imports are almost all gifts from friends who live overseas, like some Doctor Who items not released in the US or the bulk of my Japanese superhero collectibles). It adds a bit more sentimental value to it knowing that someone took the time to think "You know, I bet he would like this" or went out of their way to find something (like my friends in Japan who collected over 100 Ranger Keys for me) since I never asked for any of it.
Formerly known as Brenning.
I collect rocks, Gemstones, Shells, Minerals, everything of the sort. It's all just so interesting!
I collect rocks, Gemstones, Shells, Minerals, everything of the sort. It's all just so interesting!
06xk8gV.png6YtLZau.png
1vAtYxM.pngw9bDUNq.png
tyEuRXe.pngFvSLVNv.png
I collect Furbys, Pokemon cards, Neopet merch, dinosaur and alligator toys/etc, and Halloween decor.
I collect Furbys, Pokemon cards, Neopet merch, dinosaur and alligator toys/etc, and Halloween decor.
WYLy2Ui.gif
I collect jars! I have tons of different jars and bottles of different shapes, and I usually use them to store like, candy or pens, but if I dont have anything to fill them with then I usually just make paper stars to fill them with.
I collect jars! I have tons of different jars and bottles of different shapes, and I usually use them to store like, candy or pens, but if I dont have anything to fill them with then I usually just make paper stars to fill them with.
yUJyALg.png Luck - 20 - He/Him sEBxtxA.png
Right now I just collect rocks/unpolished gemstones and fossils~
I only have a few. My fave is my big orthoceras fossil (about 10cm long).

I'd also like to collect animal skulls and plants when I have the money!
Right now I just collect rocks/unpolished gemstones and fossils~
I only have a few. My fave is my big orthoceras fossil (about 10cm long).

I'd also like to collect animal skulls and plants when I have the money!
Lovers ;)

I’m kidding. I guess I kind of collect books. I refuse to read anything on iBooks or eBooks or whatever it’s called just for the purpose of being able to hold the book in my hand and put it on a shelf so I can look at it later. I also seem to have a growing collection of pop vinyl figures, though I don’t exactly collect them. I would like more though tbh.
Lovers ;)

I’m kidding. I guess I kind of collect books. I refuse to read anything on iBooks or eBooks or whatever it’s called just for the purpose of being able to hold the book in my hand and put it on a shelf so I can look at it later. I also seem to have a growing collection of pop vinyl figures, though I don’t exactly collect them. I would like more though tbh.
9CxYF0H.png
I have my fair share of stuffed animals, figurines, and other trinkets.
I have my fair share of stuffed animals, figurines, and other trinkets.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Pokemon cards, General nature stuff, fossils (my proudest find is a near intact small clam fossil I found near my grandmother's house once), gaming stuff, and pokemon card packs. I also have a lot of plushies
Pokemon cards, General nature stuff, fossils (my proudest find is a near intact small clam fossil I found near my grandmother's house once), gaming stuff, and pokemon card packs. I also have a lot of plushies
zorua.gif He/they/it/xe ani_bw-S_487-origin.gif
Monster High, Ever After High, and Disney Descendants fashion dolls; Doctor Who merch (mostly working on the pre-2005 books right now, and finding a reasonably priced copy of The Web Planet to finish out the DVDs); pens/markers/notebooks; Funko Pops & Dorbz of Awesome Ladies (though I do have Mr. Rogers and Tyrion Lannister as token guys); Power Rangers Legacy merch; Takarazuka DVDs and fliers; theatre programs for shows I've seen; washi tape; Pokemon merch; things with dragonflies on them; X-Men related comics/graphic novels. I think that's it? Oh, select vinyl figs from MLP: Friendship is Magic - Apple family and DJ P0N-3 and Spike (Applejack and Spike are the holdovers from the original movie, and I have loved them dearly since age 5 or so when I got that movie for Christmas).
Monster High, Ever After High, and Disney Descendants fashion dolls; Doctor Who merch (mostly working on the pre-2005 books right now, and finding a reasonably priced copy of The Web Planet to finish out the DVDs); pens/markers/notebooks; Funko Pops & Dorbz of Awesome Ladies (though I do have Mr. Rogers and Tyrion Lannister as token guys); Power Rangers Legacy merch; Takarazuka DVDs and fliers; theatre programs for shows I've seen; washi tape; Pokemon merch; things with dragonflies on them; X-Men related comics/graphic novels. I think that's it? Oh, select vinyl figs from MLP: Friendship is Magic - Apple family and DJ P0N-3 and Spike (Applejack and Spike are the holdovers from the original movie, and I have loved them dearly since age 5 or so when I got that movie for Christmas).
noli timere tempestatem. tempestas est res pulchra. ama tempestatem et gaude in pulchritudine.
595bwIn.png
nunc, ad tuas labores reveni!
Oof gemstones

And in FR, Im trying to collect sprites
Key word: TRYING
Oof gemstones

And in FR, Im trying to collect sprites
Key word: TRYING
All of your flaws and all of my flaws,
When they have been exhumed
We'll see that we need them to be who we are
Without them we'd be doomed