Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | what do you collect?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
I keep gemstones, bottlecaps, hats, and a small garden of succulents! They're all really fun and I try to keep each collection nice and neat :)
I keep gemstones, bottlecaps, hats, and a small garden of succulents! They're all really fun and I try to keep each collection nice and neat :)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWaldo
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif20
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifhe/him
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif+3 fr time
Bones
Wet Specimen
Rune sets
Bones
Wet Specimen
Rune sets
I collect old, Depression-era glassware, namely Custard Glass, and green uranium glass. Hence, the grand majority of my stuff dates from the 1930's or earlier. I like finding pieces for very low prices with minimal damage, especially serving ones or kitchen-use things, like bowls, plates, and cups. Not nearly as fond of the trinkets unless they're especially pretty, not that I don't have a few nice ones. My aim is to have enough stuff that I could actually use it (No worries the uranium is not dangerous) So far, best deal I've gotten is when a vendor at an antique store failed to price their stuff. We left and walked around town for a bit and came back thirty minutes later, during which the owner had been calling to try to get a price on a set of eleven plates for the entire duration. She was frustrated, so she just sold me all the plates for eight dollars, saying if the vendor wanted more they should have answered the phone or priced their stuff. Less than a dollar per plate, which is unheard of, even for people who buy really cheaply-made plates made in modern times. Granted, I also have a few 'example' pieces of all the different glassware made during the 1900's. The iridized Carnival Glass, as well as slag glass. [img]https://cdn-img-3.wanelo.com/p/321/6e0/7e3/2ea95afffc32ce687bd4031/x354-q80.jpg[/img] [b](This isn't my own collection, this is a random photo)[/b] Some of the glassware from the Depression Era fluoresces under UV light. Uranium produces a bright green glow, which is more intense the more uranium it contains. There's also red stuff and blue, though so far I've only managed to get vintage marbles that have red glows. Cadmium sulfate or Manganese is what makes something glow red.
I collect old, Depression-era glassware, namely Custard Glass, and green uranium glass. Hence, the grand majority of my stuff dates from the 1930's or earlier. I like finding pieces for very low prices with minimal damage, especially serving ones or kitchen-use things, like bowls, plates, and cups. Not nearly as fond of the trinkets unless they're especially pretty, not that I don't have a few nice ones. My aim is to have enough stuff that I could actually use it (No worries the uranium is not dangerous)

So far, best deal I've gotten is when a vendor at an antique store failed to price their stuff. We left and walked around town for a bit and came back thirty minutes later, during which the owner had been calling to try to get a price on a set of eleven plates for the entire duration. She was frustrated, so she just sold me all the plates for eight dollars, saying if the vendor wanted more they should have answered the phone or priced their stuff. Less than a dollar per plate, which is unheard of, even for people who buy really cheaply-made plates made in modern times.

Granted, I also have a few 'example' pieces of all the different glassware made during the 1900's. The iridized Carnival Glass, as well as slag glass.

x354-q80.jpg

(This isn't my own collection, this is a random photo)

Some of the glassware from the Depression Era fluoresces under UV light. Uranium produces a bright green glow, which is more intense the more uranium it contains. There's also red stuff and blue, though so far I've only managed to get vintage marbles that have red glows. Cadmium sulfate or Manganese is what makes something glow red.
FfsFHyt.png
yugioh cards, halloweeny items, lps, ub funkeys, cosplay items, miniatures and tiny toys, monster high
yugioh cards, halloweeny items, lps, ub funkeys, cosplay items, miniatures and tiny toys, monster high
free_bouncy_pumpkaboo_icon_by_kattling-d6s8puz.giffree_bouncy_mimikyu_icon_by_kattling-dc06z6i.giffree_bouncy_noibat_icon_by_kattling-dc06y32.giffree_bouncy_phantump_icon_by_kattling-d6sdiwe.giffree_bouncy_skitty_icon_by_kattling-d6ur78h.giffree_bouncy_spheal_icon_by_kattling-d6tdi31.gif
Books, stuffed animals, cards, rocks, and other miscellaneous things.
Books, stuffed animals, cards, rocks, and other miscellaneous things.
7f798284fc0b66c3f8c0845673443a021738999d.png
mostly toys and figures, cds as well! but theres definitely a lot of things im interested in collecting, mostly photo cards and maaaaaybe camera things too
mostly toys and figures, cds as well! but theres definitely a lot of things im interested in collecting, mostly photo cards and maaaaaybe camera things too

hi im luke :] im on a hiatus, find me on idv
fr time +1
he/him
looks around This isn't youtube, is it?

I collect Littlest Pet Shops.

DONT JUDGE ME OKAY IM SORRY
looks around This isn't youtube, is it?

I collect Littlest Pet Shops.

DONT JUDGE ME OKAY IM SORRY
so please believe the things we see are pieces of reality
I collect shiny rocks, (goldstone, amethyst, etc.) seaglass, and my one favorite thing.
Jellycats, aka, stuffed animals. No judging, i'm weird.
I collect shiny rocks, (goldstone, amethyst, etc.) seaglass, and my one favorite thing.
Jellycats, aka, stuffed animals. No judging, i'm weird.
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
I used to collect feathers but ever since I stopped working at the local petting zoo here I don't really get opportunities to get my hands on nice feathers anymore. I have a large plastic box full of rooster/pheasant/turkey/peacock feathers, and I'm really liking my owl feathers and this large wing feather that came from a stork.

I also collect merchandise, mostly games and some movie and anime stuff. When I have the money to spare I love to buy special collector editions of the games I really love. I have a bunch of Assassin's Creed statues and the two limited edition encyclopedias, some hoodies + some other AC stuff, Corvo Attano's mask (life sized but unfortunately not actually wearable), a one of a kind Skyrim poster that has 50 or so signatures from the Bethesda team on it, some Pirates of the Caribbean props, Sweeney Todd's razor (the Johnny Depp one) and some stuff from other series.

I'm also into vulture culture, so skulls, pelts, antlers, fossils, that sort of thing. My favorites from these are my reindeer pelt, my black bear skull, the racka ram skull with gigantic horns that's on my wall, my mosasaur tooth, my African leopard claw, an almost complete cat skeleton and a small-spotted cat shark fetus (wet specimen in a jar).

And I want to start a S.H.Figuarts collection. I got my first one recently (limited edition Goku Black from Dragon Ball Super) and I looooove it but omg, these are so expensive. RIP wallet. Actually, I just want ALL the stuff of this particular character because I'm a little obsessed... >>;;;
I used to collect feathers but ever since I stopped working at the local petting zoo here I don't really get opportunities to get my hands on nice feathers anymore. I have a large plastic box full of rooster/pheasant/turkey/peacock feathers, and I'm really liking my owl feathers and this large wing feather that came from a stork.

I also collect merchandise, mostly games and some movie and anime stuff. When I have the money to spare I love to buy special collector editions of the games I really love. I have a bunch of Assassin's Creed statues and the two limited edition encyclopedias, some hoodies + some other AC stuff, Corvo Attano's mask (life sized but unfortunately not actually wearable), a one of a kind Skyrim poster that has 50 or so signatures from the Bethesda team on it, some Pirates of the Caribbean props, Sweeney Todd's razor (the Johnny Depp one) and some stuff from other series.

I'm also into vulture culture, so skulls, pelts, antlers, fossils, that sort of thing. My favorites from these are my reindeer pelt, my black bear skull, the racka ram skull with gigantic horns that's on my wall, my mosasaur tooth, my African leopard claw, an almost complete cat skeleton and a small-spotted cat shark fetus (wet specimen in a jar).

And I want to start a S.H.Figuarts collection. I got my first one recently (limited edition Goku Black from Dragon Ball Super) and I looooove it but omg, these are so expensive. RIP wallet. Actually, I just want ALL the stuff of this particular character because I'm a little obsessed... >>;;;
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
Mineral specimens! I mainly have members of the quartz family, though I do have a snowflake obsidian and an emerald!
Mineral specimens! I mainly have members of the quartz family, though I do have a snowflake obsidian and an emerald!
uzH5Loo.gifgiratina-origin.gifluxray-f.gifempoleon.gifhaxorus.giftyranitar.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13