Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Horseshoe Hub: An Equestrian Hub [OPEN]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
@SilverDragon568

I used to play a horse game that used real life coat genetics for the horses. I've always been fascinated by genetics in general, so I ended up doing a lot of research on the subject. It's fascinating, and there's new research being done so our knowledge is expanding over the years. I like looking up the science behind the new discoveries. I also belong to an online facebook group dedicated to coat color genetics.

TL:DR - I know a lot about this stuff because I am a giant nerd
@SilverDragon568

I used to play a horse game that used real life coat genetics for the horses. I've always been fascinated by genetics in general, so I ended up doing a lot of research on the subject. It's fascinating, and there's new research being done so our knowledge is expanding over the years. I like looking up the science behind the new discoveries. I also belong to an online facebook group dedicated to coat color genetics.

TL:DR - I know a lot about this stuff because I am a giant nerd
goosehonk.pngXtd8gvm.pngwetturt.pngr9qdtOG.pngafNQRjo.png
@Selah

Just out of curiosity, what game was it that you played? c:
@Selah

Just out of curiosity, what game was it that you played? c:
MREQJ.gifo7Vex.gifDVr2oFl.gif aPaLdb3.png93464896.png93464888.png
@absinthy

It's called Hunt and Jump. I wonder if my old log in works, I should go check it out lol
@absinthy

It's called Hunt and Jump. I wonder if my old log in works, I should go check it out lol
goosehonk.pngXtd8gvm.pngwetturt.pngr9qdtOG.pngafNQRjo.png
@Violetah

That would be appreciated
@Violetah

That would be appreciated
tumblr_oujvn28ZjA1uxu4o6o1_250.gif
@logical
Aww, she looks adorable! Braids really suite your girl.

Ohhh I know my mom found this one recipe for horse treats, but let me see if I can find it...

Here it is! Knew my mom had it on her computer some where lol. (bcuz I'm using it since I have no laptop of my own rip)

DIY Oat Molasses Horse Treats!

Preheat oven to 350 F

Ingredients:
-1 cup Oats
-1 cup Shredded Carrots and Apples
-1 cup Flour
-1 tsp Salt
-1/2 cup Molasses
-1/4 cup water

1. Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix them up.
2. Lay out a sheet of aluminum foil onto a baking sheet. Grease the sheet.
3. Lay out spoonfuls of batter onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
4. Put in oven for 12 minutes.
5. Take out and let them cool. Refrigerating is an option.

The lesson horses at my stables love them. c:
@logical
Aww, she looks adorable! Braids really suite your girl.

Ohhh I know my mom found this one recipe for horse treats, but let me see if I can find it...

Here it is! Knew my mom had it on her computer some where lol. (bcuz I'm using it since I have no laptop of my own rip)

DIY Oat Molasses Horse Treats!

Preheat oven to 350 F

Ingredients:
-1 cup Oats
-1 cup Shredded Carrots and Apples
-1 cup Flour
-1 tsp Salt
-1/2 cup Molasses
-1/4 cup water

1. Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix them up.
2. Lay out a sheet of aluminum foil onto a baking sheet. Grease the sheet.
3. Lay out spoonfuls of batter onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
4. Put in oven for 12 minutes.
5. Take out and let them cool. Refrigerating is an option.

The lesson horses at my stables love them. c:
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
@MorningSkye thank you!! yeah, I love braiding her hair but I'm pretty sure she hates it haha. ah, awesome! ^_^ thank you for the recipe!
@MorningSkye thank you!! yeah, I love braiding her hair but I'm pretty sure she hates it haha. ah, awesome! ^_^ thank you for the recipe!
hopping_magpie_by_tathym-daeyqxz.gif cowboy | 19 | he/himhopping_magpie_by_tathym-daeyqxz.gif
@logical
You're welcome! lol.
@logical
You're welcome! lol.
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
@SilverDragon568

Ok, so what do you want to know?
@SilverDragon568

Ok, so what do you want to know?
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
SgonDOb.pngOvfZqTx.gif2im8gtl.png
This thread makes me so happy! Is it possible to become a member with extremely minimal horse experience? I spent a year interning at stables in North Africa and learned a bit about hard work, grooming, horse care, and a tiny bit of English riding. Its not much, but I love horses, and I'm trying very hard to start volunteering at a therapeutic riding center. One day I'll be able to afford to ride too.
This thread makes me so happy! Is it possible to become a member with extremely minimal horse experience? I spent a year interning at stables in North Africa and learned a bit about hard work, grooming, horse care, and a tiny bit of English riding. Its not much, but I love horses, and I'm trying very hard to start volunteering at a therapeutic riding center. One day I'll be able to afford to ride too.
@Violetah

A crash course? I understand a little bit like E is extension, A is agouti, and Cr is cream but that's about all I know
@Violetah

A crash course? I understand a little bit like E is extension, A is agouti, and Cr is cream but that's about all I know
tumblr_oujvn28ZjA1uxu4o6o1_250.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11