Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The game that got you into gaming
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 31 32
That actually got me into gaming was probably Assassin's Creed 3.

I had played on my DS and stuff and played on the wii, like Mario Bros, Smash, etc. before, but after playing that something switched in my brain and I just said "I need more of this kind of game."

And thus my love for story driven games began

EDIT:
Or possibly Sonic Heroes. I played that a lot on the original xbox
That actually got me into gaming was probably Assassin's Creed 3.

I had played on my DS and stuff and played on the wii, like Mario Bros, Smash, etc. before, but after playing that something switched in my brain and I just said "I need more of this kind of game."

And thus my love for story driven games began

EDIT:
Or possibly Sonic Heroes. I played that a lot on the original xbox
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
ADULT LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
I remember my dad getting me an Xbox 360 on Christmas just to be able to play Lego Batman: The Videogame. I think that’s what started it along with playing a whole bunch of other old lego games.
I remember my dad getting me an Xbox 360 on Christmas just to be able to play Lego Batman: The Videogame. I think that’s what started it along with playing a whole bunch of other old lego games.
Morrowind. I remember playing it when I was so young I didn't even really know what gaming was about. I built lots of pillow forts on the rooftops of Balmora by dragging and dropping pillows from my inventory. Fun times ^D^
Then I discovered I could mod and left the pillow forts for actual houses XD
Morrowind. I remember playing it when I was so young I didn't even really know what gaming was about. I built lots of pillow forts on the rooftops of Balmora by dragging and dropping pillows from my inventory. Fun times ^D^
Then I discovered I could mod and left the pillow forts for actual houses XD
AlYFj1w.png
rUoKR6y.png
bYt72YT.png
DisQoWb.png
sQngrHp.png
The very first game that got me into gaming when I was younger was Super Mario World! My dad had an SNES and I would play the first level over and over, but refused to play any other level because I was scared ":3

I took a break from games a few years after, and the game that got me into it again just so happened to be another Mario game: Super Mario 3D World. Yes, I had a Wii U and I still love it, even though the gamepad does not like being a foot away from the box. I currently have over 300 lives on it-
The very first game that got me into gaming when I was younger was Super Mario World! My dad had an SNES and I would play the first level over and over, but refused to play any other level because I was scared ":3

I took a break from games a few years after, and the game that got me into it again just so happened to be another Mario game: Super Mario 3D World. Yes, I had a Wii U and I still love it, even though the gamepad does not like being a foot away from the box. I currently have over 300 lives on it-
BoppingBuilder.gif d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gifKieran, FR +2
d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gif They/Them
d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gif G1 and shiny pokemon hoarder
Pitfall. An old 80's, 8-bit game that I played with a joystick when I was around 5-6. I feel old.
Pitfall. An old 80's, 8-bit game that I played with a joystick when I was around 5-6. I feel old.
Pelt Collector
Lithe Otter Pelt Elk Pelt Snowfall Elk Pelt Winter Wolf Pelt Black Wolf Pelt Clouddancer Hide Sunspot Clouddancer Hide

Darius Gaiden or tf2,
I still do play tf2 to this day. good game 10/10 (if only the bot problem didnt exist)

Darius Gaiden or tf2,
I still do play tf2 to this day. good game 10/10 (if only the bot problem didnt exist)
One thing is certain; Heart, and Heart!
Probaby either one of the SNES Mario games, or more likely Eternal Champions for SEGA Genesis. I don't remember the Mario game very well, but that was probably my earliest exposure to gaming. Eternal Champions (an arcade-style fighting game) got me hooked, though. I still have a copy for my SEGA Genesis.

You people talking about playing TF2 as kids are making me feel ancient!
Probaby either one of the SNES Mario games, or more likely Eternal Champions for SEGA Genesis. I don't remember the Mario game very well, but that was probably my earliest exposure to gaming. Eternal Champions (an arcade-style fighting game) got me hooked, though. I still have a copy for my SEGA Genesis.

You people talking about playing TF2 as kids are making me feel ancient!
Some of my first games were Super Mario Galaxy (and 2), the de Blob games, and Eledees (think it was called Elebits in America?).
Some of my first games were Super Mario Galaxy (and 2), the de Blob games, and Eledees (think it was called Elebits in America?).
zdkBiZa.png
The game that really hooked me was Pokémon XD: Gales of Darkness. It's the game that made me beg for GameCube for Christmas. I'd been watching Pokémon for as long as I could remember, and I was completely enthralled with the game on the big screen.

But really, the first thing that made the lightblub go off, was my parents showing me the original Mario Bros on the NES when I was like 3 or 4. I was absolutely mindblown that I could control things on the screen.
The game that really hooked me was Pokémon XD: Gales of Darkness. It's the game that made me beg for GameCube for Christmas. I'd been watching Pokémon for as long as I could remember, and I was completely enthralled with the game on the big screen.

But really, the first thing that made the lightblub go off, was my parents showing me the original Mario Bros on the NES when I was like 3 or 4. I was absolutely mindblown that I could control things on the screen.
eP65k0J.png
My very first games were old PC games that are pretty obscure, like a Mickey Mouse game that involved counting and that sort of thing. The ones I really liked were the Humongous Entertainment games like Putt-Putt, Freddi Fish, and Pajama Sam.

Then for some reason we had a copy of the 4th Commander Keen game that I played all the time, although I could only play on the lowest difficulty, haha.

So my first "real" game was either Commander Keen or Gex 2, which I started playing after I saw my dad playing a copy that came with a new graphics card (and tbh I was probably way too young to be playing it lol). That was the one where I discovered that I loved that sort of 3D platformer exploration game and it took off from there.
My very first games were old PC games that are pretty obscure, like a Mickey Mouse game that involved counting and that sort of thing. The ones I really liked were the Humongous Entertainment games like Putt-Putt, Freddi Fish, and Pajama Sam.

Then for some reason we had a copy of the 4th Commander Keen game that I played all the time, although I could only play on the lowest difficulty, haha.

So my first "real" game was either Commander Keen or Gex 2, which I started playing after I saw my dad playing a copy that came with a new graphics card (and tbh I was probably way too young to be playing it lol). That was the one where I discovered that I loved that sort of 3D platformer exploration game and it took off from there.
hzM3Sr2.png
rr8xP9d.png
QUIpVFE.png
fdUVIfW.png
Vs2WmBF.png
3adgzZD.png
vmrO2yN.png
ll0CfnD.png
IrmwTXC.png
FObX7rS.png
YMPbu9R.png
FR-signature-friend.png