Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The game that got you into gaming
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 31 32
Diablo 2 when I was 5
Diablo 2 when I was 5
aaaaaaa 2iRFIjf.png
IpfqSZl.png
C6uVV3r.png rcPCtfe.png
qZrjH79.png
Pokemon LeafGreen. I remember 5 yr old me couldn't beat the Elite 4 for the longest time because I'd only trained a Blastoise
Pokemon LeafGreen. I remember 5 yr old me couldn't beat the Elite 4 for the longest time because I'd only trained a Blastoise
i guess roblox was the first real game i actively played? and then went into minecraft from that, and then, wow? somehow?

cant forget those educational, well "educational" flash game sites from elementary school though, those gotta get a special mention
i guess roblox was the first real game i actively played? and then went into minecraft from that, and then, wow? somehow?

cant forget those educational, well "educational" flash game sites from elementary school though, those gotta get a special mention
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
bioshock infinite wasnt the first video game i played but it was the one that made me finally branch out past pokemon and pet sims
bioshock infinite wasnt the first video game i played but it was the one that made me finally branch out past pokemon and pet sims
So I was literally just thinking about this recently. So in a recent Scott the Woz video, he brings out these two games: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/521051137839726605/1026587877884301443/unknown.png[/img] The video was about Dual Releases and how they usually shouldn't be two games if both games have the same content. In this example, he's spot on. I can say that with certainty because [i]I played them[/i]. Specifically the Dogz version, which is ironic because I'm a cat person. But that's what they had at the store. Anyways, Petz is widely known as a pet simulator series for PC, that eventually got bought up by Ubisoft. When this acquisition happened, they used the Petz name to make a TON of generic pet games. Petz Dogz and Catz 2 are some of these. However... these are NOT pet simulator games. These are 3D exploration games. Shocking, I'm sure. This silly dog game for the Wii opened my eyes to what a video game could really be. Up until this point, I only played 2D games on my GBA. Which is fine and dandy, but a GBA can only do so much. I only had licensed games like Finding Nemo, so I didn't really have much experience with 'real' video games until I got this. Petz Dogz 2 involves a plot where an evil wolf wizard named Ivlet steals a magic book, uses it to cause chaos and free a bunch of zoo animals, and seeks to take over the world. Your dog character is partially responsible for giving Ivlet the book, so you must seek out the dog wizards to receive their blessings and take down Ivlet yourself. Yes, there is a final boss fight with multiple phases. And that's on top of the collectable bugs, fish, and zoo animal minigames. And once you've done all that, you can even customize your little dog character with clothes! Somehow, this silly dog game had a lot of features that I never expected any video game to have, ever. So I was thrilled. And I was blessed to find that the Wii had plenty of unlikely experiences on it as well, each one with valuable memories. Technically, those GBA games might have been my first video games ever, but I think Petz Dogs 2 is responsible for getting me to learn that video games can be a lot more than just advertising, and that the stories they tell can be so much more than just rehashed movie plots. edit: One more point! The soundtrack to these games is astoundingly good. You wouldn't expect it. If you watch Izzyzz, she uses this game's OST in her videos as background music. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V303YRsUYk&list=PLS29JdJgwiyCPBSJkp5rmzWOGr6iaf48k]Here's a playlist.[/url] Have fun.
So I was literally just thinking about this recently.

So in a recent Scott the Woz video, he brings out these two games:
unknown.png

The video was about Dual Releases and how they usually shouldn't be two games if both games have the same content. In this example, he's spot on.

I can say that with certainty because I played them. Specifically the Dogz version, which is ironic because I'm a cat person. But that's what they had at the store.

Anyways, Petz is widely known as a pet simulator series for PC, that eventually got bought up by Ubisoft. When this acquisition happened, they used the Petz name to make a TON of generic pet games. Petz Dogz and Catz 2 are some of these. However... these are NOT pet simulator games. These are 3D exploration games. Shocking, I'm sure.

This silly dog game for the Wii opened my eyes to what a video game could really be. Up until this point, I only played 2D games on my GBA. Which is fine and dandy, but a GBA can only do so much. I only had licensed games like Finding Nemo, so I didn't really have much experience with 'real' video games until I got this.

Petz Dogz 2 involves a plot where an evil wolf wizard named Ivlet steals a magic book, uses it to cause chaos and free a bunch of zoo animals, and seeks to take over the world. Your dog character is partially responsible for giving Ivlet the book, so you must seek out the dog wizards to receive their blessings and take down Ivlet yourself. Yes, there is a final boss fight with multiple phases. And that's on top of the collectable bugs, fish, and zoo animal minigames. And once you've done all that, you can even customize your little dog character with clothes!

Somehow, this silly dog game had a lot of features that I never expected any video game to have, ever. So I was thrilled. And I was blessed to find that the Wii had plenty of unlikely experiences on it as well, each one with valuable memories.

Technically, those GBA games might have been my first video games ever, but I think Petz Dogs 2 is responsible for getting me to learn that video games can be a lot more than just advertising, and that the stories they tell can be so much more than just rehashed movie plots.

edit: One more point! The soundtrack to these games is astoundingly good. You wouldn't expect it. If you watch Izzyzz, she uses this game's OST in her videos as background music. Here's a playlist. Have fun.
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
animal jam definitely. it's what turned me into an online hoarder and capitalist pig.
animal jam definitely. it's what turned me into an online hoarder and capitalist pig.
It's hard to say. I used to watch my cousin play video games, and he's what got me into them, but I want to say I watched him play Animal Crossing on gamecube. The first game I ever remember really getting into and beating was Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland on the gameboy advance. The Sonic Adventure games on gamecube were also huge for me. And Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.
It's hard to say. I used to watch my cousin play video games, and he's what got me into them, but I want to say I watched him play Animal Crossing on gamecube. The first game I ever remember really getting into and beating was Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland on the gameboy advance. The Sonic Adventure games on gamecube were also huge for me. And Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.
wKyST5C.gif
160P7Fb.pngbYt72YT.pngtqGkHih.png
Sonic Battle 2, and Mass Effect 1,2, and 3
Sonic Battle 2, and Mass Effect 1,2, and 3
opcExsG.png
42dKV5O.png
vqM9NnV.png
mlHpBMC.png
pumpkin_kitties_by_hyraea-d4cw7hh.gif k5FxSvA.gif ZUWbxBq.png fungal_floracat.png kdUMPIG.gif
FF VII and Spyro the Dragon, I think.
FF VII and Spyro the Dragon, I think.
kind of hard to think what game specifically i first played, but i think it was club penguin or maybe it was another flash game
kind of hard to think what game specifically i first played, but i think it was club penguin or maybe it was another flash game
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 31 32