Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The Ancient Magus' Bride(Hub)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
@Disillusionist
Aww, sorry you have to miss out. You should still be able to stream it in October? I don't know if Crunchyroll is limited in what countries they serve.

That poster illustration is basically an exact re-creation of an illustration in the manga. The tree looks like an animal in the original, too.
@Disillusionist
Aww, sorry you have to miss out. You should still be able to stream it in October? I don't know if Crunchyroll is limited in what countries they serve.

That poster illustration is basically an exact re-creation of an illustration in the manga. The tree looks like an animal in the original, too.
______________ Guides
Glimmer & Gloom
Festival Coliseum Guide
Comprehensive Coli Builds List
Maki’s Coliseum Builds
_________ Nature Newbies
L.O.S.T.
The Bladewood
Discount Battle Shop
----
______
@KitschBird Oh, I'd forgotten about Crunchyroll. I'm not sure if they're available here, but I guess it's always worth checking. Thanks for the tip!

I actually missed the similarity, but then again, I haven't read the manga in a while. I've been, um, busy with FR. XD
@KitschBird Oh, I'd forgotten about Crunchyroll. I'm not sure if they're available here, but I guess it's always worth checking. Thanks for the tip!

I actually missed the similarity, but then again, I haven't read the manga in a while. I've been, um, busy with FR. XD
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@KitschBird
The manga is sooo good ;w;

I was kind of disappointed with how the anime looked at first, but I'm going to watch it and see if it's as good as the manga! The new trailer's style looks more promising at least :D
@KitschBird
The manga is sooo good ;w;

I was kind of disappointed with how the anime looked at first, but I'm going to watch it and see if it's as good as the manga! The new trailer's style looks more promising at least :D
OY2CZgk.png
omg, I can't believe I missed the ping for this. thankfully I heard the anime news on other social media haha

aaah I'm so jealous of the people who get to go ;o; so exciting, though! I hope everyone going has a good time!!

I still haven't even watched the ova yet, eep. been busy with other things....
omg, I can't believe I missed the ping for this. thankfully I heard the anime news on other social media haha

aaah I'm so jealous of the people who get to go ;o; so exciting, though! I hope everyone going has a good time!!

I still haven't even watched the ova yet, eep. been busy with other things....
SbvRDbG.gif
@swinub You didn't get the ping because I didn't ping you for the news about Anime Movie Night. Sorry, I just pinged the two people who responded last time because I didn't want to be a bother. I'll ping everyone else now just in case. @Pepperdragon Yes, the manga is so good. :3 I'm curious, why were you concerned about the TV anime? I thought it looked fine since they released the first trailer. My only concern with it is if they animated it well enough (enough frames of animation for the characters). I think, after seeing the 2nd trailer for it, that it looks like a good quality TV anime. @MissGoldenPixel @TyrianCallows @Wakor @korvas Pinging you guys now just in case: [quote name="KitschBird" date=2017-07-01 16:34:52] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/NdpHWUR.jpg[/img][/center] I just found out yesterday that the first 3 episodes of the Ancient Magus' Bride TV anime will be shown in theaters across the US!! It's a one-night-only event called [url=http://www.animemovienight.com/]Anime Movie Night.[/url] I have to drive an hour to get to a participating theater on a Wednesday night, but I'm not missing this. I already bought my tickets. I'm so excited it's ridiculous. [/quote]
@swinub
You didn't get the ping because I didn't ping you for the news about Anime Movie Night. Sorry, I just pinged the two people who responded last time because I didn't want to be a bother. I'll ping everyone else now just in case.

@Pepperdragon
Yes, the manga is so good. :3

I'm curious, why were you concerned about the TV anime? I thought it looked fine since they released the first trailer. My only concern with it is if they animated it well enough (enough frames of animation for the characters). I think, after seeing the 2nd trailer for it, that it looks like a good quality TV anime.

@MissGoldenPixel @TyrianCallows @Wakor @korvas
Pinging you guys now just in case:
KitschBird wrote on 2017-07-01:
NdpHWUR.jpg

I just found out yesterday that the first 3 episodes of the Ancient Magus' Bride TV anime will be shown in theaters across the US!! It's a one-night-only event called Anime Movie Night.

I have to drive an hour to get to a participating theater on a Wednesday night, but I'm not missing this. I already bought my tickets. I'm so excited it's ridiculous.
______________ Guides
Glimmer & Gloom
Festival Coliseum Guide
Maki’s Coliseum Builds
_________ Nature Newbies
L.O.S.T.
The Bladewood
Discount Battle Shop
----
______
@KitschBird Thats so cool! Unfortunately, there's no theater in my area close enough :'')
@KitschBird Thats so cool! Unfortunately, there's no theater in my area close enough :'')
qZ7AMuJ.png

Custom Moodboards
Great quality and image sources!

qZ7AMuJ.png
@KitschBird
I actually meant the OVA :') I didn't really like the style all too much at first! But the trailer for the anime series looks nicer. I don't know why really, it's probably the eyes and some of the animation that was a bit weird.

It's a pity they left out quite a lot of things in the OVA ep1 (I haven't watched the others yet...), I hope they'll explain things a bit more in the anime (like what Chise is etc).

I don't live in the US ;( and we don't have anime OVAs or anime series in theatres AT ALL. We're lucky if we get all english animation movies in their original voices here =__=; gotta love Belgium!
@KitschBird
I actually meant the OVA :') I didn't really like the style all too much at first! But the trailer for the anime series looks nicer. I don't know why really, it's probably the eyes and some of the animation that was a bit weird.

It's a pity they left out quite a lot of things in the OVA ep1 (I haven't watched the others yet...), I hope they'll explain things a bit more in the anime (like what Chise is etc).

I don't live in the US ;( and we don't have anime OVAs or anime series in theatres AT ALL. We're lucky if we get all english animation movies in their original voices here =__=; gotta love Belgium!
OY2CZgk.png
@Pepperdragon
Sorry you don't have the chance to see it in theaters. This is only the 2nd time I see Japanese animation in a theater, though. The first time was the first Pokemon Movie's terrible English dub back in the day. haha

I personally don't care for the OVA except for the sequence with Angelica and then Chise/Elias/Silky/Ruth at home in the beginning of the first episode. I really don't care about the librarian guy from Chise's past at all. I don't care about Chise's story until she meets Elias. The OVA really can't stand on its own and I think they assume the viewer has read some of the manga first.

The anime looks like it will follow the events of the manga exactly. That's why I'm so freaking excited about it. <3 <3
@Pepperdragon
Sorry you don't have the chance to see it in theaters. This is only the 2nd time I see Japanese animation in a theater, though. The first time was the first Pokemon Movie's terrible English dub back in the day. haha

I personally don't care for the OVA except for the sequence with Angelica and then Chise/Elias/Silky/Ruth at home in the beginning of the first episode. I really don't care about the librarian guy from Chise's past at all. I don't care about Chise's story until she meets Elias. The OVA really can't stand on its own and I think they assume the viewer has read some of the manga first.

The anime looks like it will follow the events of the manga exactly. That's why I'm so freaking excited about it. <3 <3
______________ Guides
Glimmer & Gloom
Festival Coliseum Guide
Maki’s Coliseum Builds
_________ Nature Newbies
L.O.S.T.
The Bladewood
Discount Battle Shop
----
______
@1ttybittykitty @swinub @Disillusionist @MissGoldenPixel @TyrianCallows @Wakor @korvas @MissGoldenPixel @TyrianCallows @Wakor @korvas @Pepperdragon I just discovered last night they are doing an encore of Anime Movie Night. August 19-21st. X___X This is for the US [i]and[/i] Canada, sorry everyone else. [url=http://www.animemovienight.com/]You can see if it is showing near you today or tomorrow here.[/url] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/NdpHWUR.jpg[/img][/center] This screening shows the first 3 episodes of the anime. I got to see it the first time around and I think it is worth seeing in a theater again. I won't be able to make it this time, though. For everyone in the US at least, you can see the anime in Oct. on Crunchyroll.
@1ttybittykitty @swinub @Disillusionist @MissGoldenPixel @TyrianCallows @Wakor @korvas @MissGoldenPixel @TyrianCallows @Wakor @korvas @Pepperdragon

I just discovered last night they are doing an encore of Anime Movie Night. August 19-21st. X___X This is for the US and Canada, sorry everyone else.

You can see if it is showing near you today or tomorrow here.

NdpHWUR.jpg

This screening shows the first 3 episodes of the anime. I got to see it the first time around and I think it is worth seeing in a theater again. I won't be able to make it this time, though. For everyone in the US at least, you can see the anime in Oct. on Crunchyroll.
______________ Guides
Glimmer & Gloom
Festival Coliseum Guide
Maki’s Coliseum Builds
_________ Nature Newbies
L.O.S.T.
The Bladewood
Discount Battle Shop
----
______
@KitschBird
I don't think I've seen the third episode yet D: I'm too late to go out to anime night lol good thing I have crunchy roll now
edit:
I have to look up what I've seen and what I haven't now, it's been so long. I know I've seen the first two of the prequel episodes
@KitschBird
I don't think I've seen the third episode yet D: I'm too late to go out to anime night lol good thing I have crunchy roll now
edit:
I have to look up what I've seen and what I haven't now, it's been so long. I know I've seen the first two of the prequel episodes
fhJcysU.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14