Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The Ancient Magus' Bride(Hub)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
@KitschBird Aaaaaahhh, thank you so much for the information! I have to go to work today, but I'll definitely be checking these out later. A couple of my students are fans of the series, so at least we'll have something interesting to talk about. :D
@KitschBird Aaaaaahhh, thank you so much for the information! I have to go to work today, but I'll definitely be checking these out later. A couple of my students are fans of the series, so at least we'll have something interesting to talk about. :D
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@MissGoldenPixel
There is an OVA and a show. :) There are 2 episodes of the OVA available now; the third is coming in September. The show (full-fledged TV anime series) won't be out until October.

@Wakor @swinub
I'm pretty sure in all media she starts out at 15. She's older in the manga now, like you mentioned.

I swear I saw some article or something saying she's 14 and one saying she's 16 (before the birthday). I assume they just made a mistake.

Yeah, Chise took a while for me to be OK with. The way she is presented in the series is problematic at best. I assume the author is just trying to sell the manga to a male Japanese audience. I care too much about this series to discard it.

I actually looked up the ages of Disney princesses because of this series and the recent remake of Beauty and the Beast. These ages are just what the internet gave me, so I can't guarantee their accuracy. Snow White is 14, Aurora and Ariel 16, and Belle 17. Of course the princes, although older than the princesses, are closer in age to their brides than "ancient."
@MissGoldenPixel
There is an OVA and a show. :) There are 2 episodes of the OVA available now; the third is coming in September. The show (full-fledged TV anime series) won't be out until October.

@Wakor @swinub
I'm pretty sure in all media she starts out at 15. She's older in the manga now, like you mentioned.

I swear I saw some article or something saying she's 14 and one saying she's 16 (before the birthday). I assume they just made a mistake.

Yeah, Chise took a while for me to be OK with. The way she is presented in the series is problematic at best. I assume the author is just trying to sell the manga to a male Japanese audience. I care too much about this series to discard it.

I actually looked up the ages of Disney princesses because of this series and the recent remake of Beauty and the Beast. These ages are just what the internet gave me, so I can't guarantee their accuracy. Snow White is 14, Aurora and Ariel 16, and Belle 17. Of course the princes, although older than the princesses, are closer in age to their brides than "ancient."
______________ Guides
Glimmer & Gloom
Festival Coliseum Guide
Comprehensive Coli Builds List
Maki’s Coliseum Builds
_________ Nature Newbies
L.O.S.T.
The Bladewood
Discount Battle Shop
----
______
@KitschBird
personally I've never been bothered by it since it's just a comic(and I have seen.....much weirder things), but it's understandable why people would feel weird with it.

I feel it's actually geared more toward teen/young adult women, actually. :0 a female lead, charming male main characters, core of the plot is romance...and I can really relate to Chise emotionally a lot of the time, and I think other girls do too. ...but that's just how I feel, though. wikipedia does categorize it as "shounen" so maybe I'm just weird haha.

Elias may be physically 200+ years old(I think Lindel said he found him 200 years ago), but I feel like he's actually young. He's a bit dense and acts childish sometimes...much like Chise, actually.
@KitschBird
personally I've never been bothered by it since it's just a comic(and I have seen.....much weirder things), but it's understandable why people would feel weird with it.

I feel it's actually geared more toward teen/young adult women, actually. :0 a female lead, charming male main characters, core of the plot is romance...and I can really relate to Chise emotionally a lot of the time, and I think other girls do too. ...but that's just how I feel, though. wikipedia does categorize it as "shounen" so maybe I'm just weird haha.

Elias may be physically 200+ years old(I think Lindel said he found him 200 years ago), but I feel like he's actually young. He's a bit dense and acts childish sometimes...much like Chise, actually.
SbvRDbG.gif
@swinub
Many aspects of Chise are geared towards male fantasy, but the comic as a whole seems like it's for teen and young adult women like you said. Chise is made both for male voyeurism and as a character with which females can identify.

I'm used to series where the female characters are created to be objects of male fantasy, but not one so young and in such a vulnerable situation. So that's how the comic is a little cringe-worthy for me.

I can't say anything about audiences in Japan, but in the English-speaking world, I see this series being totally a "chick" thing. lol It makes me think of how Inuyasha is "shounen," but it seems like only girls liked it in the US?
@swinub
Many aspects of Chise are geared towards male fantasy, but the comic as a whole seems like it's for teen and young adult women like you said. Chise is made both for male voyeurism and as a character with which females can identify.

I'm used to series where the female characters are created to be objects of male fantasy, but not one so young and in such a vulnerable situation. So that's how the comic is a little cringe-worthy for me.

I can't say anything about audiences in Japan, but in the English-speaking world, I see this series being totally a "chick" thing. lol It makes me think of how Inuyasha is "shounen," but it seems like only girls liked it in the US?
______________ Guides
Glimmer & Gloom
Festival Coliseum Guide
Maki’s Coliseum Builds
_________ Nature Newbies
L.O.S.T.
The Bladewood
Discount Battle Shop
----
______
@KitschBird
ahh, I see... I'd never thought of it that way before. :0

LOL YEAH out of all the friends I've known to be into Inuyahsa back in the day, like 4 out of 5 were girls lol. it's a weird difference when I think about it.
@KitschBird
ahh, I see... I'd never thought of it that way before. :0

LOL YEAH out of all the friends I've known to be into Inuyahsa back in the day, like 4 out of 5 were girls lol. it's a weird difference when I think about it.
SbvRDbG.gif
@1ttybittykitty @swinub @Disillusionist @MissGoldenPixel @TyrianCallows @Wakor @korvas I'm reviving this thread because I think it's better than creating an entirely new thread for the same thing. I hope it's OK I pinged you guys. :) [img]http://i.imgur.com/ogKdqiZ.jpg[/img] Big Magus anime news!! [LIST] [*][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yufqwX8AwDg&list=LLENUjiHeBhvsRzEoCzrKBlQ&index=2]New trailer for the TV anime[/url] [*][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGnMRRAvd8s&list=LLENUjiHeBhvsRzEoCzrKBlQ&index=1]New trailer for the third and final episode of the prequel OVA[/url] (Also includes short bit for the TV anime) [*]People going to Anime Expo in CA get to see the first 3 episodes of the TV anime early!! The rest of us have to wait until Oct. T___T [/LIST] Dates to remember: 7/7/17- The 7th volume of the manga is available in the US 9/9/17- The 3rd and final episode of the OVA is released on Crunchyroll 10/?/17- TV anime streamed on Crunchyroll On a side note, I have been waiting 3 months for the next chapter to come out. Aughhhh
@1ttybittykitty @swinub @Disillusionist @MissGoldenPixel @TyrianCallows @Wakor @korvas

I'm reviving this thread because I think it's better than creating an entirely new thread for the same thing. I hope it's OK I pinged you guys. :)

ogKdqiZ.jpg

Big Magus anime news!!
Dates to remember:
7/7/17- The 7th volume of the manga is available in the US
9/9/17- The 3rd and final episode of the OVA is released on Crunchyroll
10/?/17- TV anime streamed on Crunchyroll

On a side note, I have been waiting 3 months for the next chapter to come out. Aughhhh
______________ Guides
Glimmer & Gloom
Festival Coliseum Guide
Maki’s Coliseum Builds
_________ Nature Newbies
L.O.S.T.
The Bladewood
Discount Battle Shop
----
______
@KitschBird Thanks for the ping! Aaaahh, what glorious news! I'll have to check those out. Thanks for the links! <3
@KitschBird Thanks for the ping! Aaaahh, what glorious news! I'll have to check those out. Thanks for the links! <3
@KitschBird
THREE EPISODES AT ANIME EXPO??

why did I ever move away from california T_T
@KitschBird
THREE EPISODES AT ANIME EXPO??

why did I ever move away from california T_T
fhJcysU.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/NdpHWUR.jpg[/img][/center] @Disillusionist @1ttybittykitty I just found out yesterday that the first 3 episodes of the Ancient Magus' Bride TV anime will be shown in theaters across the US!! It's a one-night-only event called [url=http://www.animemovienight.com/]Anime Movie Night.[/url] I have to drive an hour to get to a participating theater on a Wednesday night, but I'm not missing this. I already bought my tickets. I'm so excited it's ridiculous.
NdpHWUR.jpg

@Disillusionist @1ttybittykitty
I just found out yesterday that the first 3 episodes of the Ancient Magus' Bride TV anime will be shown in theaters across the US!! It's a one-night-only event called Anime Movie Night.

I have to drive an hour to get to a participating theater on a Wednesday night, but I'm not missing this. I already bought my tickets. I'm so excited it's ridiculous.
______________ Guides
Glimmer & Gloom
Festival Coliseum Guide
Maki’s Coliseum Builds
_________ Nature Newbies
L.O.S.T.
The Bladewood
Discount Battle Shop
----
______
@KitschBird *FLAILS* Why does the US always get such good anime stuff maaaaaannn~

But it's great it's only an hour away from you! I've heard plenty of sad stories about fans who couldn't see their favorite movies because of the ridiculous traveling distance and fees. I hope you enjoy the movie! That poster is gorgeous -- and is it just me, or does that tree look kinda like a dragon twisting out of the ground? XD
@KitschBird *FLAILS* Why does the US always get such good anime stuff maaaaaannn~

But it's great it's only an hour away from you! I've heard plenty of sad stories about fans who couldn't see their favorite movies because of the ridiculous traveling distance and fees. I hope you enjoy the movie! That poster is gorgeous -- and is it just me, or does that tree look kinda like a dragon twisting out of the ground? XD
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14