Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | RWBY!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 52 53
YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS RWBY SEASON 4 HYPE TRAIN HYPE TRAIN WOO WOO WOOOOOOO!!!!!
YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS RWBY SEASON 4 HYPE TRAIN HYPE TRAIN WOO WOO WOOOOOOO!!!!!
A Dragon at Heart
FR_Banners_Lightning_4.png
@Avani

Favourite character... I liked Sun, Neo and Torchwick, though I think Torchwick was probably my favourite. He still counts, right? If not then Sun. Funny story - I was introduced to RWBY by watching season 2 amv's with my brother, where I saw Sun and Torchwick fighting at the docks. Then I watched the first two minutes of season 1 on Netflix before I was interrupted and I didn't start again for another month or two. Because I had zero context as to the ALL OF IT story-wise and Torchwick was the first character I saw in the actual SHOW I thought he was the protagonist and Sun was a villain! MASSIVE misunderstanding on my part (the first few episodes were very confusing) but it's funny and it makes me like them more.

I didn't really have many reactions other than "I'm not surprised", "DARK" and "These fights are REALLY pretty." to all of the seasons thus far. I found Torchwick's demise rather satisfying though. Isn't it funny that a grown man beating an unarmed teenager to death with a stick ended up being the LEAST HORRIBLE villain of the season? I found that funny.

I like the steadily growing animation quality and the story (DARK as it is). When I brother first started telling me about it he was like, "No one watches it for the story and the animation isn't very good but the fight scenes are amazing." I'm glad to see that opinion's changed post season 3. Also, RWBY Chibi is hilarious and adorable.

Things I dislike...the general racism within the world. I get why it's there and why it's important but that doesn't make it any more pleasant to watch. (on a related note I watched a silent movie from 1918 the other day and I couldn't make myself look at it, it was so racist it hurt, like, full body cringe worthy, wish I'd never seen it) If this counts I dislike the majority of the Fanfiction. All I've found have been poorly written...'mature'...works, Jaune and/or The Gamer crossovers. Don't adventure fics starring team RWBY exist? If you find one please tell me about it.

I don't mind that Pyrrha died. I'm actually okay with it. My opinion is a lighter version of Coer al Arran's from Fanfiction.net. Along the lines of "she was really op and her character didn't have much farther to go in terms of arcs and development, while her death has prompted everyone around her to go through some kind of drastic change (whether that be in terms of personality, powers or living conditions). It feels like it was the right time for her to go." I wasn't surprised that she died there but I was surprised that Rooster Teeth didn't back out of it immediately like most movies and TV shows I've seen. I was pleased about that.

I don't think Penny is dead. Or rather, I think it is perfectly possible, in universe, that she can be fixed, though whether she is or not depends on the plot. Pyrrha didn't break the bits of her that would typically store a memory chip such as the head, back of the neck or heart area and she's a robot (top of the line, yes, but easier fixable than a bisected human body) so even with a wrecked body her 'self' should be fine. The worst that should've happened is maybe she only remembers from the night before the fight due to 'sleep' being when she saves her temporary memory files from the day. This is all conjecture, of course, but I just don't see any reason bar plot for her to be permanently dead *cough* like Pyrrha *cough*.
@Avani

Favourite character... I liked Sun, Neo and Torchwick, though I think Torchwick was probably my favourite. He still counts, right? If not then Sun. Funny story - I was introduced to RWBY by watching season 2 amv's with my brother, where I saw Sun and Torchwick fighting at the docks. Then I watched the first two minutes of season 1 on Netflix before I was interrupted and I didn't start again for another month or two. Because I had zero context as to the ALL OF IT story-wise and Torchwick was the first character I saw in the actual SHOW I thought he was the protagonist and Sun was a villain! MASSIVE misunderstanding on my part (the first few episodes were very confusing) but it's funny and it makes me like them more.

I didn't really have many reactions other than "I'm not surprised", "DARK" and "These fights are REALLY pretty." to all of the seasons thus far. I found Torchwick's demise rather satisfying though. Isn't it funny that a grown man beating an unarmed teenager to death with a stick ended up being the LEAST HORRIBLE villain of the season? I found that funny.

I like the steadily growing animation quality and the story (DARK as it is). When I brother first started telling me about it he was like, "No one watches it for the story and the animation isn't very good but the fight scenes are amazing." I'm glad to see that opinion's changed post season 3. Also, RWBY Chibi is hilarious and adorable.

Things I dislike...the general racism within the world. I get why it's there and why it's important but that doesn't make it any more pleasant to watch. (on a related note I watched a silent movie from 1918 the other day and I couldn't make myself look at it, it was so racist it hurt, like, full body cringe worthy, wish I'd never seen it) If this counts I dislike the majority of the Fanfiction. All I've found have been poorly written...'mature'...works, Jaune and/or The Gamer crossovers. Don't adventure fics starring team RWBY exist? If you find one please tell me about it.

I don't mind that Pyrrha died. I'm actually okay with it. My opinion is a lighter version of Coer al Arran's from Fanfiction.net. Along the lines of "she was really op and her character didn't have much farther to go in terms of arcs and development, while her death has prompted everyone around her to go through some kind of drastic change (whether that be in terms of personality, powers or living conditions). It feels like it was the right time for her to go." I wasn't surprised that she died there but I was surprised that Rooster Teeth didn't back out of it immediately like most movies and TV shows I've seen. I was pleased about that.

I don't think Penny is dead. Or rather, I think it is perfectly possible, in universe, that she can be fixed, though whether she is or not depends on the plot. Pyrrha didn't break the bits of her that would typically store a memory chip such as the head, back of the neck or heart area and she's a robot (top of the line, yes, but easier fixable than a bisected human body) so even with a wrecked body her 'self' should be fine. The worst that should've happened is maybe she only remembers from the night before the fight due to 'sleep' being when she saves her temporary memory files from the day. This is all conjecture, of course, but I just don't see any reason bar plot for her to be permanently dead *cough* like Pyrrha *cough*.
A Dragon at Heart
@JemDragons I enjoyed reading your insight! A thing that peaked my interest is your thought with Penny being able to be fixed. I thought this too, but as I rewatched the ending of volume 1 where we meet her, we find out that she's the first synthetic entity capable of generating an aura. So it's safe to say that she basically had a soul, meaning it was lost upon death, probably. But the existence of Penny still hasn't been really explained. Cinder's words were true to the issue, why build an innocent looking girl to fight? They already have military grade robots, but why make a robot with an aura, make her look and act like a girl, and have her fight? I'm wondering what her purpose was supposed to be in the long run. Ironwood did say he could explain himself (to Ozpin after her death). Who knows, maybe they can remake another robot like her and she'll start from scratch (literally) as the new Penny. I'm not sure if she even has a physical memory chip of any kind, and I noticed in volume 3 Penny used magnets to keep her hat on, but would that not disrupt her system? Might have been a mistake with RT. However, I have a feeling we may meet Penny's "dad" so to speak in this volume, or I'm hoping anyways. But I don't think RNJR will be the ones meeting him, since they're heading to Haven. Maybe Weiss will meet him? I have high suspicions that Penny dad is this guy: [img]http://orig00.deviantart.net/52ff/f/2016/017/2/7/rwby_penny_s_father_by_dustiniz117-d9oa5x1.png[/img] And I have since the first time I watched her death. He clenches his fist and is watching from Atlas, in what appears to be a lab of some sort. I'm also very curious to see how exactly, RNJR gets to Mistral, considering there's water in between Vale and Mistral. They said there's a trade route during their board game, but it isn't shown. Very curious to see where the path goes. Also black sun in volume 2 opening has always made me curious to what that's foreshadowing.
@JemDragons

I enjoyed reading your insight! A thing that peaked my interest is your thought with Penny being able to be fixed. I thought this too, but as I rewatched the ending of volume 1 where we meet her, we find out that she's the first synthetic entity capable of generating an aura. So it's safe to say that she basically had a soul, meaning it was lost upon death, probably.

But the existence of Penny still hasn't been really explained. Cinder's words were true to the issue, why build an innocent looking girl to fight? They already have military grade robots, but why make a robot with an aura, make her look and act like a girl, and have her fight? I'm wondering what her purpose was supposed to be in the long run. Ironwood did say he could explain himself (to Ozpin after her death). Who knows, maybe they can remake another robot like her and she'll start from scratch (literally) as the new Penny. I'm not sure if she even has a physical memory chip of any kind, and I noticed in volume 3 Penny used magnets to keep her hat on, but would that not disrupt her system? Might have been a mistake with RT.

However, I have a feeling we may meet Penny's "dad" so to speak in this volume, or I'm hoping anyways. But I don't think RNJR will be the ones meeting him, since they're heading to Haven. Maybe Weiss will meet him? I have high suspicions that Penny dad is this guy:

rwby_penny_s_father_by_dustiniz117-d9oa5x1.png

And I have since the first time I watched her death. He clenches his fist and is watching from Atlas, in what appears to be a lab of some sort.

I'm also very curious to see how exactly, RNJR gets to Mistral, considering there's water in between Vale and Mistral. They said there's a trade route during their board game, but it isn't shown. Very curious to see where the path goes.

Also black sun in volume 2 opening has always made me curious to what that's foreshadowing.
Signature-1-Avani-8069.png
the character short is great
also hype
the character short is great
also hype
xy | they/xem | +3 fr time | gen1s for sale
I. Love. RWBY.
My whole family 'cept my dad does. We're all mega hyped for season four....
My favorite character, if I had to choose, is Yang. She's just awesomeness, and I sorta cried when she lost her arm. That was just... It hurt my heart.
Favorite villain? Neo. She's so cool, with that umbrella and her hair. But what made me like her the most is her eyes. And the fact that she reminds me somewhat of ice cream.
My favorite season is got to be season two. Even my dad loved that mega foodfight in the beginning, no matter how silly it was.
I also don't believe Penny is really dead. And if she is... I'm going to go cry masses of tears.
Don't ask me why, but I have this odd fantasy that if she doesn't come back they're going to meet a fully human girl who is so like Penny it's creepy. I guess that's what stopped me from crying every time I watch the episode she dies in.
RWBY chibi is also great. So funny and it makes me feel like everything is normal. Pierra isn't dead. The villains are still evil, but funny. Everything's just adorable. All in all,
Thumbs up to you RT. I love you.
I. Love. RWBY.
My whole family 'cept my dad does. We're all mega hyped for season four....
My favorite character, if I had to choose, is Yang. She's just awesomeness, and I sorta cried when she lost her arm. That was just... It hurt my heart.
Favorite villain? Neo. She's so cool, with that umbrella and her hair. But what made me like her the most is her eyes. And the fact that she reminds me somewhat of ice cream.
My favorite season is got to be season two. Even my dad loved that mega foodfight in the beginning, no matter how silly it was.
I also don't believe Penny is really dead. And if she is... I'm going to go cry masses of tears.
Don't ask me why, but I have this odd fantasy that if she doesn't come back they're going to meet a fully human girl who is so like Penny it's creepy. I guess that's what stopped me from crying every time I watch the episode she dies in.
RWBY chibi is also great. So funny and it makes me feel like everything is normal. Pierra isn't dead. The villains are still evil, but funny. Everything's just adorable. All in all,
Thumbs up to you RT. I love you.
s1_by_skellumsketch-dafmz54.jpgs2_by_skellumsketch-dafmz53.jpgs3_by_skellumsketch-dafmz4y.jpg
@LittleFire it's funny you say she reminds of you ice cream, she's based (colour-wise) off of Neapolitan Ice Cream! Since all characters in RWBY are associated with a colour, or colours, it makes sense!

(also, team CFVY, specifically Coco, Velet, and Yatsuhashi are associated with desserts too!)

@LittleFire it's funny you say she reminds of you ice cream, she's based (colour-wise) off of Neapolitan Ice Cream! Since all characters in RWBY are associated with a colour, or colours, it makes sense!

(also, team CFVY, specifically Coco, Velet, and Yatsuhashi are associated with desserts too!)

@Avani

That is an excellent point. I'd forgotten about that. I still say if they can do it once they can do it again. After all, isn't that what science and engineering is? The magnets are a thought though...I think I'd just assumed Dust Magic. I was under the impression that all of their technology was Dust run and that it only imitated our own but didn't have side effects. So, you know, like having the same effect as magnetism without having anything to do with magnets or, alternatively, having the same effect as a memory chip but without the wires and electricity and jazz. Cuz Dust is magic and it can do anything you want it to. (which is false but I feel cynical today)

My brother had a theory that Cinders points in her big speech sounded like they had a good foundation and that she may have a dark, sympathetic backstory behind her that has to do with abandonment, corruption, abuse and growing up young ultimately leading to us understanding and respecting her motives but still not forgiving her for killing Pyrrha. I agreed. Ironwood, and therefore Penny, probably have something to do with it.

Yeah, we thought so too.

Gonna hafta remind me about black sun, alot went over my head in season 2.

Also, I had this totally paranoid moment earlier when I was reading your response and I was like, "Le gasp, this is THE INTERNET. I could be talking to ANYONE. I could be talking to someone from Rooster Teeth who was spying on what the fans thought for entertainment and feedback OH MY GOOOOOD-" and it just kind of spiralled from there. I don't get out a lot. But yeah, in hindsight I found the ridiculousness of that funny so I thought I'd tell you.
@Avani

That is an excellent point. I'd forgotten about that. I still say if they can do it once they can do it again. After all, isn't that what science and engineering is? The magnets are a thought though...I think I'd just assumed Dust Magic. I was under the impression that all of their technology was Dust run and that it only imitated our own but didn't have side effects. So, you know, like having the same effect as magnetism without having anything to do with magnets or, alternatively, having the same effect as a memory chip but without the wires and electricity and jazz. Cuz Dust is magic and it can do anything you want it to. (which is false but I feel cynical today)

My brother had a theory that Cinders points in her big speech sounded like they had a good foundation and that she may have a dark, sympathetic backstory behind her that has to do with abandonment, corruption, abuse and growing up young ultimately leading to us understanding and respecting her motives but still not forgiving her for killing Pyrrha. I agreed. Ironwood, and therefore Penny, probably have something to do with it.

Yeah, we thought so too.

Gonna hafta remind me about black sun, alot went over my head in season 2.

Also, I had this totally paranoid moment earlier when I was reading your response and I was like, "Le gasp, this is THE INTERNET. I could be talking to ANYONE. I could be talking to someone from Rooster Teeth who was spying on what the fans thought for entertainment and feedback OH MY GOOOOOD-" and it just kind of spiralled from there. I don't get out a lot. But yeah, in hindsight I found the ridiculousness of that funny so I thought I'd tell you.
A Dragon at Heart
@JemDragons

Click!
At 0:22, black sun! I'm just wondering what it's foreshadowing.

After all, in this opening alone, Pyrrha appears from maple leaves (reference to the fall maiden), and Cinder's one eye glows.

Adding onto some other bits, Yang fights Mercury in the second season opening, Blake fights Roman, Ruby fights Cinder and Weiss fights Emerald. The only fight out of those that hasn't happened yet is Emerald vs. Weiss, so I'm hoping we see it in volume 4! And in volume 3's opening, we have Yang fighting Mercury again, Weiss with Emerald, Blake with Adam, and Ruby with Cinder. I personally found this foreshadowing both Blake's interaction with Adam, as well as Roman's death. No other enemies were replaced for the rest of team RWBY.

I've noticed the openings do tell a lot about the volume or the future in general. For instance, in the third volume's opening, Pyrrha is the first one to lose her grip in their circle as they fall.

Volume one's opening doesn't do much, except the same dark portal is seen as in volume 2 with Raven, and volume 3 with Cinder.

Also, haha. I wish I worked for RT. But I actually don't know much about them outside of RWBY, Camp Camp and Xray & Vav. I don't watch their podcasts or know about them really, haha. My best friend is hoping to join RT someday as an animation / designer of sorts, she's followed them for years!
@JemDragons

Click!
At 0:22, black sun! I'm just wondering what it's foreshadowing.

After all, in this opening alone, Pyrrha appears from maple leaves (reference to the fall maiden), and Cinder's one eye glows.

Adding onto some other bits, Yang fights Mercury in the second season opening, Blake fights Roman, Ruby fights Cinder and Weiss fights Emerald. The only fight out of those that hasn't happened yet is Emerald vs. Weiss, so I'm hoping we see it in volume 4! And in volume 3's opening, we have Yang fighting Mercury again, Weiss with Emerald, Blake with Adam, and Ruby with Cinder. I personally found this foreshadowing both Blake's interaction with Adam, as well as Roman's death. No other enemies were replaced for the rest of team RWBY.

I've noticed the openings do tell a lot about the volume or the future in general. For instance, in the third volume's opening, Pyrrha is the first one to lose her grip in their circle as they fall.

Volume one's opening doesn't do much, except the same dark portal is seen as in volume 2 with Raven, and volume 3 with Cinder.

Also, haha. I wish I worked for RT. But I actually don't know much about them outside of RWBY, Camp Camp and Xray & Vav. I don't watch their podcasts or know about them really, haha. My best friend is hoping to join RT someday as an animation / designer of sorts, she's followed them for years!
@Avani

You know, I've never noticed that. Or rather I did but I just assumed it was nothing other than a colour inversion filter or something.

All of that foreshadowing jazz just goes straight over my head. Like, in hindsight if its been pointed out to me then I see it but I just don't notice otherwise. I passed Higher English, everyone! Ha.

You know, I heard straight from (a video) Miles Luna that Monty Oum had Penny's 'death' planned from the start and while the intricacies of the story changed as it went on (Torchwick was meant to be a villain of the week but fans liked him) Penny was always a drastic turning point in the plot.

Also, ISN'T THE SEASON FOUR ANIMATION ~SO PRETTY~!

*ahem* I may have done mildly creepy extensive research and watched the vast majority of all their shows within the last year *cough*

Oh? No Red vs Blue?

Well, it's not unfeasible. It's unlikely given how many people from all over the world want to work in this relatively small company that may or may not still be around by the time said people are able to be employed but equally that is where near all of their employees are from so... Meg Turney (voice of Neon - shiny faunus who beat up Yang) was apparently one of Rooster Teeth's very first employees who was hired as someone completely independent of the community. And Barbara Dunkelman (Yang) was hired at the age of, like, 15 or something as someone who was voluntarily moderating the site and now she's...well...among other things Yang. I haven't fact checked any of this and I did find it out several months ago so take it all with a pinch of salt. So yeah, if your friend has been an active member of the community all these years she may actually have a chance. Michael Jones (I'm assuming people'll know who he is but just in case, voice of Mogar, Sun Wukong and Max) said in a video with his boss that if anyone wanted to join Rooster Teeth their best chance would be to be an active member of the community (and to make videos and show your skill) for an extended period of time because they DO pay attention to it.
@Avani

You know, I've never noticed that. Or rather I did but I just assumed it was nothing other than a colour inversion filter or something.

All of that foreshadowing jazz just goes straight over my head. Like, in hindsight if its been pointed out to me then I see it but I just don't notice otherwise. I passed Higher English, everyone! Ha.

You know, I heard straight from (a video) Miles Luna that Monty Oum had Penny's 'death' planned from the start and while the intricacies of the story changed as it went on (Torchwick was meant to be a villain of the week but fans liked him) Penny was always a drastic turning point in the plot.

Also, ISN'T THE SEASON FOUR ANIMATION ~SO PRETTY~!

*ahem* I may have done mildly creepy extensive research and watched the vast majority of all their shows within the last year *cough*

Oh? No Red vs Blue?

Well, it's not unfeasible. It's unlikely given how many people from all over the world want to work in this relatively small company that may or may not still be around by the time said people are able to be employed but equally that is where near all of their employees are from so... Meg Turney (voice of Neon - shiny faunus who beat up Yang) was apparently one of Rooster Teeth's very first employees who was hired as someone completely independent of the community. And Barbara Dunkelman (Yang) was hired at the age of, like, 15 or something as someone who was voluntarily moderating the site and now she's...well...among other things Yang. I haven't fact checked any of this and I did find it out several months ago so take it all with a pinch of salt. So yeah, if your friend has been an active member of the community all these years she may actually have a chance. Michael Jones (I'm assuming people'll know who he is but just in case, voice of Mogar, Sun Wukong and Max) said in a video with his boss that if anyone wanted to join Rooster Teeth their best chance would be to be an active member of the community (and to make videos and show your skill) for an extended period of time because they DO pay attention to it.
A Dragon at Heart
@JemDragons

I watched up to season 2 of RvB but I keep on straying from it. I plan to watch all of it at some point, though!

rt is a pretty large group in my opinion, there's over.. 120? People. So I think it's a big organisation for a YouTube group and such. it's definitely more of an ultimate dream job for my friend, I don't think she has her heart completely set on it, since she wants to look at it realistically.
@JemDragons

I watched up to season 2 of RvB but I keep on straying from it. I plan to watch all of it at some point, though!

rt is a pretty large group in my opinion, there's over.. 120? People. So I think it's a big organisation for a YouTube group and such. it's definitely more of an ultimate dream job for my friend, I don't think she has her heart completely set on it, since she wants to look at it realistically.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 52 53